Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC (2080 Views)

IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / Biafra: Whether You Vote Or Boycott, A Winner Must Emerge - Yul Edochie / Anambra Governorship Election: IPOB Insists On Election Boycott (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by victorvezx(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
ENUGU- THE Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has stated that whether people boycott elections or not, winners must emerge in any scheduled election.
The electoral body said that whatever number of people that participated in an election, the conduct would obviously produce winner.
It also added that no matter the agitation anybody or group may have, elections are crucial to governance since somebody must be a helmsman at any point in time.
INEC also noted that even if there would be a referendum in the country, INEC registers that would be relied upon to determine legibility for participation in the referendum.
INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, in Enugu state, Mr. Emeka Ononamadu made the statements in Enugu in a press briefing on the state of on-going Continuous Voters Registration, CVR, in the state.
Ononamadu noted that it would be wiser if legible voters are registered since greater participation of voters in elections help discourage electoral malpractice.
He however said that so far, there has not been any challenge of Pro-Biafra groups against the exercise in the state.
He disclosed that there is wide gap between census figures and number of voters and urged people up to 18 years that have not obtained voters cards to do so in other to close the wide margin.
Ononamadu further disclosed that 68, 672 voters have so far registered in the the on-going CVR while 8 registration centres were approved in addition to 17 statutory centres in the state.
He said that the state has so far distributed 3, 978 Permanent Voters Card, PVC, while 4000 cards were either lost or defaced.
He noted that the second quarter of the CVR will immediately commence from July 31 2017, adding that “this is the first time we are practicing what the law says and the continuous registration will continue till close to election.”
He said that display of voters registers have commenced at the registration centres and urged people to check if their names were either omitted or spelt wrongly.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/biafra-election-boycott-not-winner-must-emerge-inec/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Ezigboune: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
News lipsrsealed
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by SELFmade7(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
Which winner? Make we de see na

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Isoko1stSon(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Did Inec Jst mention Referendum .
Dats Treason...

Tought Such A Word Neva Existed in died Dictionary...

As fr elections, dey will continually be boycotted Anambra is Litmus test

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by victorvezx(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
SELFmade7:
Which winner? Make we de see na
If 5 or 10 of their family members vote, it will still be counted and the Governor declared. That's Nigerian style

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by ESDKING: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
A strategy to encourage people that have decided to boycott the election to vote.......
But they have failed woefully !!.
Even ( IF)they insist to announce the winner, of course Nig govt is very good at circumventing the law, the msg of the boycott has been passed and there is nothing Nig govt can do about it.

On the issue of using Inec register to conduct referendum... It's a lie from a pit of hell because one can never be a judge in his own case.

#NoelectioninAnambra.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Zonacom(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
What i don't understand is why my phone loses signal whenever i enter my toilet of recent. It's really worrisome to me 'cos i enjoy browsing more when sh*tting. I'm vexed up. MTN please do something
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by crestedaguiyi: 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
See joke

Inec register to be used for referendum, hehehehe
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
You guys are dumb if you think they are lying.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by BrutalJab: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
Confused INEC

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by eunisam: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
Who care? for me
I caressing not oo
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by SELFmade7(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
victorvezx:

If 5 or 10 of their family members vote, it will still be counted and the Governor declared. That's Nigerian style

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
ESDKING:
A strategy to encourage people that have decided to boycott the election to vote.......
But they have failed woefully !!

On the issue of using Inec register to conduct referendum... It's a lie from a pit of hell because one can never be a judge in his own case.

#NoelectioninAnambra.

Read section five dont get lazy half way through. Election hold no matter what.
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by victorvezx(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Blue3k:

Read section five dont get lazy half way through
Don't mind him. They are good at cherry picking what they think is good for them

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
victorvezx:

Don't mind him. They are good at cherry picking what they think is good for them

I had to make thread on it these kids need help. I don't know who cursed them to lack common sense and political savvy.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by RisingSun1: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lol this people don't know what we are up to.
What we are doing that day is SYMBOLIC
We want to prove to the world that we have rejected Nigeria.
Voting in an election is a civic duty.It means giving mandate to someone to represent you in a country.
Participating in an election is a proof of citizenship. It's greater than census. Because in census even foreigners are counted.
No More election in Biafraland because the world is watching us to know how serious we are
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
I
ESDKING:
But they have failed woefully !!.
Even ( IF)they insist to announce the winner, of course Nig govt is very good at circumventing the law, the msg of the boycott has been passed and there is nothing Nig govt can do about it.

#NoelectioninAnambra.

Even if only 1 person votes a winner will still emerge.The electoral law looks at the number of valid votes cast and not no of registered voters.

Boycotting the election will make it easier for the APC to rig.I wonder how come you people are not seeing this

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by fratermathy(m): 12:33am On Sep 09, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
Did Inec Jst mention Referendum .
Dats Treason...

Tought Such A Word Neva Existed in died Dictionary...

As fr elections, dey will continually be boycotted Anambra is Litmus test

And why would an Isoko person be concerned with Anambra's election, Mr Impostor?

This guy is not an Isoko person. He is an IPOB youth from the East impersonating the good people of Isoko ethnic nationality. Everyone should take note. No Isoko person would create a username such as his. It's so sad that he is misrepresenting the collective wishes of Isoko people here on Nairaland. Disregard his posts. Things are like this are why minorities will always mistrust Igbos and their Biafra. Imagine the level of desperation and audacity.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PureMe01: 4:14am On Sep 09, 2017
Blue3k:

I had to make thread on it these kids need help. I don't know who cursed them to lack common sense and political savvy.
upon all ur political savvy,u remain so irrelevant starting from ur family,not even sure to get a single vote in ur family.i need not talk about d outside world contest for U cos dat one is "after death" recognition.
mr.political savvy who know U??
baba u go first start from nursery sch before u answer prof.Dont come here to seek for cheap recognition

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 4:19am On Sep 09, 2017
PureMe01:
[s]upon all ur political savvy,u remain so irrelevant in ur family,not even sure to get a single vote in ur family.i need not talk about d outside world contest for U cos dat one is "after death" recognition.
mr.political savvy who know U??
baba u go first start from nursery sch before u answer prof.Dont come here to seek for cheap recognition[/s]

Yet your here cry for my attention lol. Lol u must be snorting IPOB pounder with all this nonsense talk. Please drown in your tears boy or over dose like rest losers in social circle.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PureMe01: 4:22am On Sep 09, 2017
Blue3k:

Yet your hear cry for my attention lol. Please drown in your tears boy.
yea ur attention dat entails self mockery
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 4:29am On Sep 09, 2017
PureMe01:
yea ur attention dat entails self mockery

Lol u must be snorting IPOB pounder with all this nonsense talk. IPOB can't write proper insult without exposing himself. Lol you literally played yourself how dumb.

Ps: You mean attention that entails ridicule.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PureMe01: 4:38am On Sep 09, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol u must be snorting IPOB pounder with all this nonsense talk. IPOB can't write proper insult without exposing himself. Lol you literally played yourself how dumb.

Ps: You mean attention that entails ridicule.
lol...typical case of nobody trying soooo hard to stay relevant grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 4:40am On Sep 09, 2017
PureMe01:
lol...typical case of nobody trying soooo hard to stay relevant grin grin

But you're in my mention looking for attention. Idiotic people of biafra are funny bunch.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PureMe01: 4:40am On Sep 09, 2017
fratermathy:

And why would an Isoko person be concerned with Anambra's election, Mr Impostor?

This guy is not an Isoko person. He is an IPOB youth from the East impersonating the good people of Isoko ethnic nationality. Everyone should take note. No Isoko person would create a username such as his. It's so sad that he is misrepresenting the collective wishes of Isoko people here on Nairaland. Disregard his posts. Things are like this are why minorities will always mistrust Igbos and their Biafra. Imagine the level o desperation and audacity.

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PureMe01: 4:51am On Sep 09, 2017
Blue3k:

But your in my mention looking for attention. Idiotic people of biafra are funny bunch.
I understand son...just imagine d name "Oduduwa" Republic.dat name alone would piss off any reasonable foreign investor.they wouldn't wanna come to deal with a deity.such a scarecrow identity compared to a glorious BIAFRA grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 4:54am On Sep 09, 2017
PureMe01:
[s]I understand son...just imagine d name "Oduduwa" Republic.dat name alone would piss off any reasonable foreign investor.they wouldn't wanna come to deal with a deity.such a scarecrow identity.[/s]

Hungry IPOB still hungry for attention. Idiotic person of biafra doesn't know SW has highest FDI. This is getting boring talk to yourself biafrat.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by PureMe01: 4:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Blue3k:

Hungry IPOB still hungry for attention. Idiotic person of biafra doesn't know SW has hight FDI.This is
getting boring talk to yourself biafrat.
lol...painment.hope u Ve got someone around to save u there in case of d inevitable grin
lmao,did u just mention "biafRAT"? I acknowledge d fact dat u realise wat chased ur aboki master from his office grin grin grin grin
Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 5:03am On Sep 09, 2017
PureMe01:
[s]lol...painment.hope u Ve got someone around to save u there in case of d inevitable grin
lmao,did u just mention "biafRAT"? I acknowledge d fact dat u realise wat chased ur aboki master from his office grin grin grin grin[/s]

This is getting boring talk to yourself biafrat. lol attention hungry.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Doghari: 5:12am On Sep 09, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
I

Even if only 1 person votes a winner will still emerge.The electoral law looks at the number of valid votes cast and not no of registered voters.

Boycotting the election will make it easier for the APC to rig.I wonder how come you people are not seeing this

INEC will be in crisis if Election is boycotted, forget their noise. With pictures of empty polling units as exhibits tendered in courts by oppnents of the declared winner, it will be difficult to prove that elections ever held. Forget their noise.

For presidentials, the winner need 25% of registered votes in at least 24 states. If all the southern states boycotts the presidential election the north cannot take power.

Boycotting elections is the way to go now. The Fulani-controlled INEC are already pissing on their body, they can forsee a future for southern boycott, if Anambra sparks a chain reaction. Refusing to vote is also a democratic decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by Blue3k(m): 5:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Doghari:

For presidentials, the winner need 25% of registered votes in at least 24 states. If all the southern states boycotts the presidential election the north cannot take power.

Boycotting elections is the way to go now. The Fulani-controlled INEC are already pissing on their body, they can forsee a future for southern boycott, if Anambra sparks a chaim reaction. Refusing to vote is also a democratic decision.

Wrong read the complete election rules before making hair brained plans. There will be a winner either way like they said. You have 2 run off elections. The final election is simple majority of electorate.

If you want to boycott anyway that's cool. The reason shouldn't be because you feel election won't hold. That would be silly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Election Boycott Or Not, Winner Must Emerge – INEC by project55: 5:45am On Sep 09, 2017
Doghari:

INEC will be in crisis if Election is boycotted, forget their noise. With pictures of empty polling units as exhibits tendered in courts by oppnents of the declared winner, it will be difficult to prove that elections ever held. Forget their noise.

Boycotting elections is the way to go now. The Fulani-controlled INEC are already pissing on their body, they can forsee a future for southern boycott, if Anambra sparks a chaim reaction. Refusing to vote is also a democratic decision.
zoo Nigeria must fall

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB, Military Violence: Senate Caucus Condemns Nigerian Army - Premiumtimesng / Can Atiku Win North East? / “if You Don’t Have Electricity, That’s Your Damn Business” – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.