Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade (561 Views)

Buhari Accepts Abba Kyari’s Death As Will Of God – Garba Shehu / Jonathan To Lead AU Election Observer Mission To Mozambique / Buhari’s AU Anti-corruption Honour, Africa’s Joke Of The Year – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted his nomination to lead members of the African Union on anti-corruption crusade. The President who has been in London since May 7 after leaving Abuja to see his doctors for follow-up medical checks gave the acceptance in a letter of appreciation addressed to President of Guinea, Alpha Conde on Tuesday. Conde is the present Chairman of the Assembly of Heads of States and Governments of the African Union. The theme of the anti-corruption crusade by the African Union leaders is “2018 AU Theme on the Fight against Corruption.” Buhari was nominated by African leaders at the 29th Session of the Assembly of Heads of States and Governments of the AU in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on July 4. The presidential aide, Femi Adesina said made this known to newsmen on Tuesday. According to Adesina, Buhari in the letter to Conde said, “While thanking you for the kind words and for the nomination, I wish to express my readiness to accept this new important role and to reiterate my commitment to contribute toward our collective efforts to strengthen good governance and development on the continent. “I, therefore, look forward to working closely with you in the realisation of this objective,’’ the President wrote to Conde. He also thanked President Conde for the nationwide prayers held last week by Guineans for his recovery and good health. Buhari, who had earlier made a phone call to Conde said “I thank you for your kind and thoughtful action in organising nationwide prayers for my good health. “It is a gesture that I will forever cherish and treasure. “Your Excellency will be pleased to hear that I am making good progress, and as soon as doctors advise, I shall return to my duties and continue serving the Nigerian people who elected me and are daily praying for my recovery.’’ Recall that the Guinean President, Alpha Condé had on July on July 21, ordered 24-hour fervent prayers for Buhari’s speedy recovery, who is presently on medical vacation in London. Condé, who expressed concern for Buhari’s health gave the order while addressing the country’s Council of Ministers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/buhari-accepts-to-lead-au-anti-corruption-crusade/
Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by czarina(f): 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
F. T. C, Just in case it gets to the promise land . Get well soon Mr President. My prayers are with you

Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
That's good news!
Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by lekkie073(m): 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
he never lead Nigeria finish he wan lead Africa. dis man no just like hinsefu!!!
Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by GMBuhari: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
When you are reputable , no job is too hard

Even some bastards in the country refuse to accept Buhari , other people , coalation of countries see what he is capable of achieving

May God bless Buhari
lekkie073:
he never lead Nigeria finish he wan lead Africa.
dis man no just like hinsefu!!!
Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by demolinka(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
Awesome news. I see unprecedented exploits in the region from now to 2023.
Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by lekkie073(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
GMBuhari:
When you are reputable , no job is too hard

Even some bastards in the country refuse to accept Buhari , other people , coalation of countries see what he is capable of achieving

May God bless Buhari
even some bastards dey support a bed-ridden man to continue taking UA for granted
Re: Buhari Accepts To Lead AU Anti-corruption Crusade by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
This one that is running away from naija problems?

(1) (Reply)

#NotToYoungToRun Bill Faces Blockade / Today's Headline News / Quit Notice:if Any Thing Happens To My People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.