Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Are There Jobs In Uk ? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Jobs In Uk ? (24777 Views)

2016 CHEVENING MSC SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK UNIVERSITIES / Nigerian Graduate Who Shared CVs In UK Subway Now Hiring (Photo) / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AjanleKoko: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^
Seconded.
Most of the posts were utter nonsense.
When I saw the topic 'Are there jobs in the Uk?' I assumed that the topic was for people seeking jobs in the UK, possibly a treatise on the UK job market. Which could be a topic on, say, an Indian or Filipino forum.

Instead, Nigerians went on to pontificate about all sorts, and insult the heck out of each other. Which makes me wonder? Who said Nigerians are too big to find jobs in the UK, or that Nigerians can't find jobs in the UK? If you're qualified, you should be able to find jobs anywhere. In fact, there is a process for getting authorization to work in the UK or most other countries, if you have the required skills and qualifications.

In fact, for a country with a huge population of able-bodied and intelligent citizens, it's a crime that we are more or less absent in the global jobs market. A market where aircraft technicians from the Phillipines are hired to work in Angola, or drilling technologists from India are hired to work in Aberdeen. Rather, the OP says he's a poultry farmer in Nigeria, and is thus better off than anybody working in the UK. Utter nonsense.
What a pity. With this kind of attitude, the nation can never develop.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
Seconded.
When I saw the topic 'Are there jobs in the Uk?' I assumed that the topic was for people seeking jobs in the UK, possibly a treatise on the UK job market. Which could be a topic on, say, an Indian or Filipino forum.

Instead, Nigerians went on to pontificate about all sorts, and insult the heck out of each other. Which makes me wonder? Who said Nigerians are too big to find jobs in the UK, or that Nigerians can't find jobs in the UK? If you're qualified, you should be able to find jobs anywhere. In fact, there is a process for getting authorization to work in the UK or most other countries, if you have the required skills and qualifications.

In fact, for a country with a huge population of able-bodied and intelligent citizens, it's a crime that we are more or less absent in the global jobs market. A market where aircraft technicians from the Phillipines are hired to work in Angola, or drilling technologists from India are hired to work in Aberdeen. Rather, the OP says he's a poultry farmer in Nigeria, and is thus better off than anybody working in the UK. Utter nonsense.

WELL SAID MY BROTHER
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by felifeli: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
Seconded.

Ironically you applauded a post by rman and then went on to make a comment that was completely at tangent to the meaning of OP's . The core of Pafun's post was that you may live anywhere you like as long as you have a job there, and if you don't have a job there anymore kindly go somewhere else or return home instead of becoming a nuisance and spoiling the place for other Nigerians with clearer vision. I would have thought that made perfect sense. smiley
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AjanleKoko: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2010
felifeli:

Ironically you applauded a post by rman and then went on to make a comment that was completely at tangent to the meaning of OP's . The core of Pafun's post was that you may live anywhere you like as long as you have a job there, and if you don't have a job there anymore kindly go somewhere else or return home instead of becoming a nuisance and spoiling the place for other Nigerians with clearer vision. I would have thought that made perfect sense. smiley

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ok sir
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Wallie(m): 4:05am On Feb 17, 2010
Cap28, all I’ve been saying all along is, Nigerians are naturally resilient and it is not in our nature to simply quit even when faced with racism. I’ve come to accept that some of the people I meet will not like me “just because…” but that’s not going to stop me from reaching my goals. Take it from someone who started working as a cashier for minimum wage, coupling a positive disposition with hard work and persistence is a recipe for success. As long as God is willing and one has good health, the sky should be the limit. Now go out there and get yours!
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Wallie(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
Cap28, here's a Nigerian that's making global tides despite the "r" word. He's the Chairman of the investment firm that acquired Gatwick Airport.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/17/209.html

http://www.global-infra.com/adebayo.html
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by SixoNine: 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
Nigerians from Nigeria will find it hard to get a 'proper' job in the UK, simply because they just don't have the mentality, exposure and temperament to deliver what is expected from them in an established, civilized society. The ones that do progress have an innate understanding of what is expected of them, co-operative personalities, good etiquette and respect for rules, the rest just won't get jobs. The second issue here is why Nigerians are so obsessed with other peoples countries instead of developing their own? Everyone is aspiring to travel to Europe and America and all up in arms about being on the US watch list. I don't understand why Nigerians don't fix their country and be proud to be in it instead of trying to get jobs in other peoples countries where they have worked diligently for centuries to develop.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AjanleKoko: 11:25am On Feb 18, 2010
^^ my sentiments exactly.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Wallie(m): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
I think visionaries/dreamers/entrepreneurs need to get exposure to the western world so as not to re-invent the wheel and better understand what is possible. Even the brightest minds of our age will have the world to gain if they don’t have to start from scratch.

In concurring with SixoNine, going to the west should be a means to an end but “end” in this case refers to being a catalyst for a better Nigeria by implementing a “Nigerian version” of what you've learned. In other words, “you” need to go back home to develop Nigeria.

I've always thought of each one of us as pieces to a puzzle. We all have a part to play to make the masterpiece complete. Those opportuned to understand the western world needs their Nigerian counterparts to come up with solutions that work in Nigeria.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Basildon1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2010
lindabells:

I also share the belief that there are jobs everywhere, but most of us fail to be alert because we are too stero type.we are so used to one way that we dont want to look for another if that one is not working

shocked   dont you flipping nuisances get tired, it's your type that is better of as a litter picker in the streets of Hackney
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by lindabells(f): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
hi basildon,hope you had a great day.well i saw your reply to my post.i do not really understand what you meant by your reply,but i would like to say that its more civil for you to do your findings about the post and incase you think its a scam,there are relevant authorities in nigeria that you can let in on this.life is a learning process.pls endeavour to do so.happy days ahead
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by IBEXY(m): 12:58am On Feb 20, 2010
What is "proper" job? As long as you are doing honest work on your own volition and you are earning a money, its proper work. The person who started this post is one of those people who think any job outside wearing suit in an office is not work. Loads of Nigerian are doing "proper" honest work from my end of the UK. I am proud to be Nigerian especially when I see those doctors and lawyers, nurses who do their jobs competently. Trust me there are loads of them. We recently installed a new computer system where I work. The project leader is Nigerian. A young Nigerian in his 20s. At least 2 other Nigerians are in the team as well.

Even the people doing what you consider not to be proper job are earning a living and doing wonders back home or surviving with tier families. It depends on where you look or the society you find yourself. My job has brought me in contact with very successful Nigerians. Even yours trully is earning far higher than any employer would pay me for the same job back home.

Research properly before you talk or undermime hard working Nigerians abroad. We all cannot be in Nigeria. Some of us have to be here flying the green white green. Some people's opportunity or destiny lie outside the shores of naija.

1 Like

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Basildon1(m): 2:34am On Feb 20, 2010
lindabells:

hi basildon,hope you had a great day.well i saw your reply to my post.i do not really understand what you meant by your reply,but i would like to say that its more civil for you to do your findings about the post and incase you think its a scam,there are relevant authorities in nigeria that you can let in on this.life is a learning process.pls endeavour to do so.happy days ahead
apparently the moderator has deleted your previous post with directions to your scam site, i feel really sad for you!
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by beejhay69: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
IBEXY:
What is "proper" job? As long as you are doing honest work on your own volition and you are earning a money, its proper work. The person who started this post is one of those people who think any job outside wearing suit in an office is not work. Loads of Nigerian are doing "proper" honest work from my end of the UK. I am proud to be Nigerian especially when I see those doctors and lawyers, nurses who do their jobs competently. Trust me there are loads of them. We recently installed a new computer system where I work. The project leader is Nigerian. A young Nigerian in his 20s. At least 2 other Nigerians are in the team as well.

Even the people doing what you consider not to be proper job are earning a living and doing wonders back home or surviving with tier families. It depends on where you look or the society you find yourself. My job has brought me in contact with very successful Nigerians. Even yours trully is earning far higher than any employer would pay me for the same job back home.

Research properly before you talk or undermime hard working Nigerians abroad. We all cannot be in Nigeria. Some of us have to be here flying the green white green. Some people's opportunity or destiny lie outside the shores of naija.
nice input sire.
sent u a PM, kindly check to revert.
Thanks.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Awesomeosas: 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2023
Good day gurus in the house, I have a certificate in data analytics and a executive diploma holder in international health care administration. I’m currently going for a master degree program in international business management in UK. I did my first degree in industrial mathematics. I would like to know if I can get a job easily in UK considering the fact that I have all these certificates
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
Job : ACCOUNT OFFICER, HYGIENE OFFICER AND MANAGER
ACOMODATION IS THERE FOR EVERYONE
EXPERIENCE: EXPERIENCE of working in a Farm is important for the manager . The cleaner can learn on the job
Qualification: account officer( BSC OR HND IN ACCOUNTING) MANAGER BSC OR HND WITH EXPERIENCE, CLEANER: NONE
Note: Age for the above position is 22-40 years SALARY( 55-60K) HYGIENE OFFICER( 40K) MANAGER-65-75K)
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their curriculum vitae to:
ekaette.obot@worknigeria.com OR CALL 09169976258..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The 419 Company Needed A Female Donkey / Screenshots Of My Conversation With A Chinese Recruiter Lol / Searching for a job? Click here to get free CV templates, interview tips etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.