Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

How Airtel Dealt With Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Airtel Dealt With Me (923 Views)

How Airtel Nigeria Gives Out Your Phone Number To Others Without Notifying You / How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Airtel Dealt With Me by Gabaleve(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Immediately I heard that Wizkid's "sounds from the other side" album has been released, I started google searching my brains for ways to get enough data to download the album and also update some of my apps. As a normal Naija boy that will always think of a cheaper way out, I found the end to my search as my brains started flashing red. Everything was red, so I smiled to my self and said, its only Airtel that can complete this job.

I brought out my Airtel Sim, I checked my balance to see how much i have there, even though I knew I had just 56kobo on the Sim. Who knows? Someone might just mistakenly transfer 100 naira to your line. To my surprise, nothing like that. Well e nor pain me sha, based on the fact that I know that the odd for such to occur in this change era na 1.01. Even this days, I observed people no longer lost money, I nor even fit remember the last time wey I see money for ground.

Sharply, I hustled ₦100 and bought Airtel recharge card and sharply loaded it, getting ready for the ₦25 night browsing. I set my alarm and quickly went to sleep around 8:30 pm hoping to wake up early since they say, "early to bed, early to rise". By God's grace, I woke up at 6am. Immediately, I checked my phone to see why I didn't hear when my alarm rang, but after my investigations, I discovered it rang, but only God can tell when it rang and also, the person that put it off.

Well I decided to try again the next night. Around 8pm, I started putting my tools in place. I decided to check my balance before sleeping, Lo and behold na ₦80 greet me. Na so I vex call customer care. After someone picked, it got worse, the spoken English of the aboki that picked was heavily adulterated with the Hausa intonation.

Thanks to being an ardent follower of our missing president, I was able to pick out all he said. The aboki said I was charged for one French learning service. Abeg wetin concern me and French ?, why did they forcefully subscribe me ?, abeg how person wan take learn French with text message, wen i no even pass the one wey dem teach me for class ?, why them no notify me say dem go soon comot my money ?, why them no notify me say dem don charge me for French ?.

All this were the questions I asked the aboki, even though I knew he won't be able to answer. I angrily ended the call and planned towards the next night. By this time, I had 80 naira remaining in the Sim. I went to sleep around 10pm with my alarm on and my phone right beside me. Finally the alarm rang at 12 midnight. I woke up but one voice kept telling me to sleep for one more hour since everything I want to do won't even take an hour. The voice kept telling me to relax for an hour more.

I reasoned with the voice and agreed. I went back to sleep, forgetting to reset my alarm. The aftermath was that I woke up 8 hours after. I was just hissing when I woke up, but since I had ₦80 remaining, the thing nor too pain me. But based on what happened the previous day, I decided to check my balance. Hmmmm na so I
discover say those people don delete ₦50 from my ₦80.
I removed my battery and checked to see if it was actually my Sim card but unfortunately it was. The thing pain me die. Na small remain make I cry, but as a man and the first son of my family, I shook it off and decided to make enquiries. Finally one of their agents picked and we discussed. The guy just they calm me but me I just dey tell am make dey return my ₦50 if they no want trouble.

So I decided to ask why they deducted ₦50 this time and he said I registered for personalized Bible. Why would I want to personalized the Bible when am not mad ?, Why would I pay for a Bible I have in my phone ?, Even if my phone is off, I still have the hard copy Bible, so why on earth will I be so foolish to pay for a personalized Bible ?, well I told him to unsubscribe me and I ended the call.

At this point I had just ₦30 remaining from the ₦100 I loaded and I haven't even done anything. Since I don't know how much I might be owing them the next time I check my balance, I decided to quickly do the subscription before I lose out totally. i subscribed for the night browsing service around 9am and also set my alarm so I won't forget to wake up.

But I discovered something, just ₦20 was deducted instead of ₦25 so I smiled and said to myself "so this man don sharply report my case, e be like say na like this dem go dey compensate me small small". I didn't know I was deceiving myself until I woke up at exactly 12am and my phone refused to browse. First, I thought it was network so I decided to test freebasics, na so dat one just dey open like say na 6g I dey use.

I didn't want to believe that I have been scammed again so I decided to go to sleep and wake up by 3am to try again. At exactly 3am my alarm woke me up, immediately I reached for my phone and started trying again, this time freebasics opened very fast as if I was using 8g while I still couldn't browse. At this point I knew Airtel Nigeria have successfully scammed me again. Wizkid, I couldn't download, Apps, I couldn't update, but airtime vanished.

Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by Prudent200: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lol hahaha sorry ooooh.I have been in your shoe before but I let it go
Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by Damsman10(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
op aswear u too funny, take �

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by Evansjj(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
lol... Na text message u wan use learn French... dat one killed it..
op wen next u want to use midnight data subscribe first before 12am

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by JanWuya: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
Omo this one hard o. I like the way you presented it sha. No vex my guy. But you can always reach airtel via tweeter or Facebook. They always seem to have a solution on Social media. If you dey twitter, you can check @airtel_care.

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by Babalegba(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
I believe there is a thieving value added service in liaison with airtel stealing peoples money and airtel is not doing anything about it because they are thieves as well. We should all band up and complain to NCC.

2 Likes

Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by mekaprime: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
simply visit their fb page and inbox them privately. lay ur complain with all ur evidence, they'll repay u 100% of ur money plus apology.....

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by Heartmender1: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Broke NigAss
Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by Ay04z(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hit like if u tink o.p will pass for a comedian.
Re: How Airtel Dealt With Me by fibonacci2526: 7:01am On Jul 27, 2017
LOL, op u be comedian??

Airtel are just like that, in my case they kept deducting #20 every one hour. I don abandon the damn sim since. Sorry.

(1) (Reply)

NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo / When Will Your Phone Get Upgraded To Android 8.0 "Oreo" / UK Used Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus In Stock!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.