Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,315 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers (1090 Views)

House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by centvin008(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
- The Senate has voted against devolution of powers to states - The rejection is a huge blow to restructuring agitation in the country - 48 of the 95 Senators present in the Senate today July 26, through an electronic voting system, voted against the proposal The Nigerian Senate has voted against giving more powers to states in what can be termed a set back to the agitation for restructuring in the country. The Senate on Wednesday July 26 rejected the proposal to amend the 1999 Constitution in other to devolve more powers to the states.
Out of the 95 Senators present, 48 of them voted against the proposal to give more powers to the states. NAIJ.com gathered that the voting was carried out through electronic voting system. According to Premium Times, the proposal had been challenged on Tuesday by Adamu Aliero, who argued it should not stand without reviewing the revenue sharing formula to give more money to states.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Nigeria's eight Senate voted on 33 major amendments to the Nigerian constitution. They voted to give financial autonomy for local governments. Watch this NAIJ.com video as PDP women speak on the state of the nation: Read more: https://gist.naija.ng/8424-breaking-senate-votes-restructuring-rejects-devolution-powers-states.html
Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by Warship: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
The list of these senators and their states should be made public.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by ki02020(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
I can bet 90% of those that voted against are senators from the north...
Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by MrMaestro: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Warship:
The list of these senators and their states should be made public.
This.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by Warship: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
MrMaestro:

This.

I don't get you

I want their names and states so that we can evict any senator from the South that opposed Restructuring
Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by krissconnect(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
This clearly shows that Nigeria has decided to be stagnant in development. Restructuring was the only means to pacify the agitating Igbo's and other tribes that think they're marginalised. But these grumpy polithiefs just declared they love the terrible situation of the nation. Stupid humans

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by Warship: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
krissconnect:
This clearly shows that Nigeria has decided to be stagnant in development. Restructuring was the only means to pacify the agitating Igbo's and other tribes that think they're marginalised. But these grumpy polithiefs just declared they love the terrible situation of the nation. Stupid humans

In other words, the other option is Disintegration of Nigeria.

At least the Igbos and NigerDeltans have tried to save Nigeria through Restructuring.

Aureviour Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by kelechi50: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
Warship:

I don't get you

I want their names and states so that we can evict any senator from the South that opposed Restructuring
please how many senators do you have from the South s/e 15,s/s 18, s/w 18 =51_95=44 how many senators from the South are available during the voting process and you will ask me why do I opt for Biafra
Re: BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers by Warship: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
kelechi50:
please how many senators do you have from the South s/e 15,s/s 18, s/w 18 =51_95=44 how many senators from the South are available during the voting process and you will ask me why do I opt for Biafra

My brother, I am on the same page with you

I just told Fratermathy and Tonyebarcanista goodbye to Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Why North Opposes Restructuring – Ajimobi / Like Biafra Like Catalan - By Richard Murphy / Alex Ekwueme Is Alive-sun Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.