Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act (965 Views)

Senate Kicks As Buhari Submits NDDC’s Budget / Resource Control Splits Senators / APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by deantimes(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
THE Senate on Wednesday kicked against the removal of Land Use Act from the 1999 Constitution.

At the clause by clause voting on the review of the 1999 Constitution, when it came to the retention of the Land Use Act, 46 senators voted in support, while 44 senators voted against.

The ‎Senate also rejected the 35 per cent affirmation for women.

It rejected at both the federal level and state level, which recommended 35 per cent and 20 per cent respectively.

The Senate also threw out the proposal for resource control.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/07/senate-kicks-resource-control-retains-land-use-act/
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Useless criminals

1 Like

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by baralatie(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
and trouble brews
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by Warship: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
Where are Fratermathy and Tonyebarcanista

Hope you now know why IPOB insist on disintegration

Restructure or Disintegrate
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by shukuokukobambi: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
a senate led by Bukola Saraki, an ipob god and Ekweremadu, an igbo man?? shocked shocked

I cant believe it!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by bolanto24(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
God should hear our cries and destroy this country intoto. Disintegration must happen!

1 Like

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by nextprince: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
I'm here to see who the lost tribe will blame because I know lost tribe and inconsistency are like

2 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by nextprince: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
a senate led by Bukola Saraki, an ipob god and Ekweremadu, an igbo man?? shocked shocked

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by shukuokukobambi: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
nextprince:
I'm here to see who the lost tribe will blame because I know lost tribe and inconsistency are like

one loser is already blaming tonye and fratermathy forgetting that their emotional and political investments on Bukola Saraki and their son Ekweremadu should have counted for something on this issue cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

This 2 great senators have done their best to bring this issue to the floor of the senate for vote

The voting patterns and the geopolitical zone of the NO voters is the issue and not the Senate leadership

Very soon some senators will realise that the choice to save the unity of Nigeria lies in devolution and resource control and positions like this only seeks to divide the country even more.

But we are making progress Non the less!
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by omohayek: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
It's no surprise that the Senate would vote against resource control, as everybody knows it will mean less federal allocation to spread around (especially in the north and middle belt), but what possible excuse can there be for voting against abolishing the Land Use Act, other than to allow governors to continue abusing it to enrich themselves and their supporters? How do these idiots expect farmers to ever get better access to credit without secure rights to their land, or for entrepreneurs to be able to raise funds against the land and houses they might "own"?

Stupidity like this just makes me despair for this country, and it's why I wish the recall process against Dino Melaye had been allowed to proceed without interruption. Only when a few of these idiots in the NASS get recalled will they start to sit up and pay attention to the interests of the masses, instead of just what benefits them and their fellow politicians.

1 Like

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
nextprince:

You no even get sense at all
Onye iberebe
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by oladeebo: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by shukuokukobambi: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
krendo:

This 2 great senators have done their best to bring this issue to the floor of the senate for vote

The voting patterns and the geopolitical zone of the NO voters is the issue and not the Senate leadership

Very soon some senators will realise that the choice to save the unity of Nigeria lies in devolution and resource control and positions like this only seeks to divide the country even more.

But we are making progress Non the less!

Did they both sponsor the bill? should we thank them for not blocking a bill that must have been sponsored by another senator? What did they do to advance the bill? what effort did they put into convincing their members of the merits?

The truth is that they belong to the Elite, made up of crooks from all tribes and they have benefits from the skewed structure we have no matter how detrimental to their people.

1 Like

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by oladeebo: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
omohayek:
It's no surprise that the Senate would vote against resource control, as everybody knows it will mean less federal allocation to spread around (especially in the north and middle belt), but what possible excuse can there be for voting against abolishing the Land Use Act, other than to allow governors to continue abusing it to enrich themselves and their supporters? How do these idiots expect farmers to ever get better access to credit without secure rights to their land, or for entrepreneurs to be able to raise funds against the land and houses they might "own"?

Stupidity like this just makes me despair for this country, and it's why I wish the recall process against Dino Melaye had been allowed to proceed without interruption. Only when a few of these idiots in the NASS get recalled will they start to sit up and pay attention to the interests of the masses, instead of just what benefits them and their fellow politicians.
but we are in democracy you know!
may be you are 35!
if you are popular you don't need to be in politics to be president today
ok.
Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by nextprince: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

one loser is already blaming tonye and fratermathy forgetting that their emotional and political investments on Bukola Saraki and their son Ekweremadu should have counted for something on this issue cheesy
Inconsistency seems to be the only fuel propelling their emptiness, always faultless, the more reason their direction compass is still faulty after over half a century of agitation.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks Against Resource Control, Retains Land Use Act by Jesusloveyou: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

iPod vote is not enough to divide us.
Hence! We remain united

(1) (Reply)

[BREAKING] Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Deputy Emerges PDP Governorship Candidate / Pulse List Five Secessionist Movements Fighting For Independence Around / Ohanaeze Kicks Against Frivolous Court Order On IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.