Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? (30657 Views)

What Is The Largest Age Gap Between You And Someone You Dated? / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? / If Age Is Nothing But A Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
Age gap relationship advice is always the first thing every new date sought for before finally deciding to start a lasting relationship. The popular saying “age is just a number” is not even practiced by those that say it. Once they are cut-up in a relationship with a partner not close to their age, you will start hearing panicking queries like; what is the good age difference in a relationship?

Age is not a perfect indicator when it comes to relationship. To the question of the day: should age play a role in relationship? Yes! Age can and do play an important role in a person’s personality thereby affecting his/her functions in the relationship.

This is simply saying that age gap relationship advice can only be necessary when the age of the person begins to affect his/her conducts in the relationship. With age gap relationship advice, there is no right or wrong answer to this, because what affects Mr. A, might not affect Mr. B even with same age differentials; and that makes it a pretty hard nut to crack.

I want you to know that age signifies so much more than just a number (as popularly used). Your age most times reflect your level of maturity, experience and stage in life. Nevertheless, age can be deceptive too, for instance; not every 22-year-old boy reason alike with his mates. Some are already steps ahead of their mates in life with success evidences; and it applies to girls too. Just as the saying goes “different strokes for different folks” that you failed doesn’t mean that another will.

Age gap relationship advice is very important especially for teenagers because, as a young growing boy/girl, the early part of your age are stages for self-development and discovery. The later part of your age is the time for self-security and acceptance of your personality. For example, your little kid brother ( as a girl) was so annoying when he was 10 years old, what about now that he is 19 years old? You will notice that you rapport with him better than how it was when you both were kids; that is the effect of age and maturity.

When you have grown to the level that you are secured with your identity and personality that is when maturity sets in because; at this stage, societal judgments don’t matter much to you. This is the stage where age difference in relationship wouldn’t matter to you.

Age gap relationship advice can play a big role in the success of any relationship. I want you to consider the following points if you are dating someone with either an older age gap or younger age gap difference; the following will help you decipher if your relationship will last.

What is your age and that of your partner today?

This is a vital question that you must give answer to because; your relationship might seem blissful in the beginning and whither in the end. If both of you are still in your twenties with little age gap, the worry about age difference in your relationship will be very minimal but when it has to do with age fifties and sixties the worry can never be over-emphasized at this point.

Emotional maturity and accommodation of interests/ habits

This particular factor poses a very big threat in age gap relationship advice. It is a big factor to consider because it determines the longevity of your relationship. You don’t expect a 23-years-old girl to act same way with a 35-years-old woman in an anger control test. The older you are in age the calmer you are. The younger age is always impatient and restless unlike the older folks that might have been humbled by life experiences.

You equally have to consider your interests. What habits do you have in common with your partner? Do you workout in the morning together! Do you love cooking with him/her in the kitchen? Such interests that create bond between both of you should be known.

Peradventure you both have nothing in common, you had better get ready for disagreements in many things; and such smells doom for the relationship.

Insecurities associated with the already existing age gap

Hope your insecurities can be managed very well, take for instance; seeing your partner enjoy his or her own age type of conversation. Hope you won’t start feeling that your partner enjoys or connects better with those his/her age bracket!

What about family planning and possible past relationship baggage (like kids from divorced partner), have you thought of that too?

Can he/she tolerate living with your kids as a divorcee? Can you live with your partner’s past dating problems? Are you interested in having kids and does that go down well with your partner? These are questions that must be answered; with such details, you can forecast the future of your age gap relationship.

Can you grow old with your partner knowing that his/her energy level will depreciate with time?

If you can cope with the age gap and energy drop with time then, you are ready for a lasting relationship with your partner.

I want you to bear in mind that no matter how true your love for an under 18 teen is, you are close with a legal problem.
Focusing more on the age gap relationship advice can really be a waste of energy and time, when such energy can be channeled into the building of sustainable grounds for your relationship to stand the test of time.

Don’t be in the habit of attributing every misunderstanding you’re having with your partner with the age gap in the relationship; such can really suck! Address the age difference issues when it is necessary, you don’t need to dominate your conversations with age gap advice.

BEST OF LUCK!

SOURCE

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by CaesarDon(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2017

Well spoken Op 2 an extent

I believe maturity is key in a relationship
though

Ladies mature faster dan guys (as teenagers)

Age and experience do not necessarily go together

Exposure is what's key

So many old male virgins out there

The age gap between me and all my ex girlfriends was at least 3 years

They thought I was older though cool

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
shocked

In a relationship there should be a level playing ground so no one feels cheated.
So there should be no age difference..

That way you know he/she loves and respects you not because you are older but because you deserve it.

Besides, you'd be sure you two will die around the same time.
So you don't shortchange yourself by dying first while your partner screws around.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Caustics: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
cool only those with damaged organ ask this kind of question.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
For male, the ideal age for relationship is 30.
For female, it is 25.
Any age below that makes you an Ashewo!

That was what our grandfather told us before he died. angry

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Kingluqman89(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
Four is okay

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by snazzy5050(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
20yrs op undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by djakinwande(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
10 years is owkey

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by bbbabes(f): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
Non, I can date you even if you 10 years younger. If you young in age as a guy, that doesn't mean your masculinity is young or not matured.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by madridguy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
For me, 8 to 12 years. Women dey old quick.

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Franzinni: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
One prophet showed us that a 55 year old man can date a 9 year old, marry her and even lay his pipe on her.... So age is just a number.....

A pedophiles excuse just before he got a bullet between his eyes....

29 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Slai1: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
Just grow up, ALL ROUND

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by hian(f): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Least 5yrs upwards for females so u won't age faster than ur hubby

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
age gap doesn't matter! What matter most is how well the relationship is

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Flashh: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
I am drunk. Can someone help me read what (op) just typed?

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Aisha buhari is 52 buhari is 75 .. so they set example, others followed

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by osuntuyi20: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
8-10 yrs....
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Fkforyou(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
For guys;

Divide your age by 2 then add 7 to the result.

So for example, if you are 25, then the ideal age for your girlfriend should be 19-20. undecided

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by codedpee(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
The guy has to be at least 5 years older,it encourages respect from the girl. And when the respect exists, guys are more likely to show love.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Young03(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
10yrs gap

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by franzis(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
her age should be one or two years lower than my age , infact if we the same age i still dont mind

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by maggilove(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Age should not be a barrier if the two of them are serious and are not under aged. They must have a steady source of income too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by stanisbaratheon: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Waiting for your controversial contribution.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Pray(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Let your experience guide u.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Some people are 40yrs and yet not matured enough for any kind of relationship while some are 16 yrs and behave maturedly such that people begin to doubt their age. For me maturity is far of age.

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by ebere100: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
Bigboyz32:
Age gap relationship advice is always the first thing every new date sought for before finally deciding to start a lasting relationship. The popular saying “age is just a number” is not even practiced by those that say it. Once they are cut-up in a relationship with a partner not close to their age, you will start hearing panicking queries like; what is the good age difference in a relationship?

Age is not a perfect indicator when it comes to relationship. To the question of the day: should age play a role in relationship? Yes! Age can and do play an important role in a person’s personality thereby affecting his/her functions in the relationship.

This is simply saying that age gap relationship advice can only be necessary when the age of the person begins to affect his/her conducts in the relationship. With age gap relationship advice, there is no right or wrong answer to this, because what affects Mr. A, might not affect Mr. B even with same age differentials; and that makes it a pretty hard nut to crack.

I want you to know that age signifies so much more than just a number (as popularly used). Your age most times reflect your level of maturity, experience and stage in life. Nevertheless, age can be deceptive too, for instance; not every 22-year-old boy reason alike with his mates. Some are already steps ahead of their mates in life with success evidences; and it applies to girls too. Just as the saying goes “different strokes for different folks” that you failed doesn’t mean that another will.

Age gap relationship advice is very important especially for teenagers because, as a young growing boy/girl, the early part of your age are stages for self-development and discovery. The later part of your age is the time for self-security and acceptance of your personality. For example, your little kid brother ( as a girl) was so annoying when he was 10 years old, what about now that he is 19 years old? You will notice that you rapport with him better than how it was when you both were kids; that is the effect of age and maturity.

When you have grown to the level that you are secured with your identity and personality that is when maturity sets in because; at this stage, societal judgments don’t matter much to you. This is the stage where age difference in relationship wouldn’t matter to you.

Age gap relationship advice can play a big role in the success of any relationship. I want you to consider the following points if you are dating someone with either an older age gap or younger age gap difference; the following will help you decipher if your relationship will last.

What is your age and that of your partner today?

This is a vital question that you must give answer to because; your relationship might seem blissful in the beginning and whither in the end. If both of you are still in your twenties with little age gap, the worry about age difference in your relationship will be very minimal but when it has to do with age fifties and sixties the worry can never be over-emphasized at this point.

Emotional maturity and accommodation of interests/ habits

This particular factor poses a very big threat in age gap relationship advice. It is a big factor to consider because it determines the longevity of your relationship. You don’t expect a 23-years-old girl to act same way with a 35-years-old woman in an anger control test. The older you are in age the calmer you are. The younger age is always impatient and restless unlike the older folks that might have been humbled by life experiences.

You equally have to consider your interests. What habits do you have in common with your partner? Do you workout in the morning together! Do you love cooking with him/her in the kitchen? Such interests that create bond between both of you should be known.

Peradventure you both have nothing in common, you had better get ready for disagreements in many things; and such smells doom for the relationship.

Insecurities associated with the already existing age gap

Hope your insecurities can be managed very well, take for instance; seeing your partner enjoy his or her own age type of conversation. Hope you won’t start feeling that your partner enjoys or connects better with those his/her age bracket!

What about family planning and possible past relationship baggage (like kids from divorced partner), have you thought of that too?

Can he/she tolerate living with your kids as a divorcee? Can you live with your partner’s past dating problems? Are you interested in having kids and does that go down well with your partner? These are questions that must be answered; with such details, you can forecast the future of your age gap relationship.

Can you grow old with your partner knowing that his/her energy level will depreciate with time?

If you can cope with the age gap and energy drop with time then, you are ready for a lasting relationship with your partner.

I want you to bear in mind that no matter how true your love for an under 18 teen is, you are close with a legal problem.
Focusing more on the age gap relationship advice can really be a waste of energy and time, when such energy can be channeled into the building of sustainable grounds for your relationship to stand the test of time.

Don’t be in the habit of attributing every misunderstanding you’re having with your partner with the age gap in the relationship; such can really suck! Address the age difference issues when it is necessary, you don’t need to dominate your conversations with age gap advice.

BEST OF LUCK!

SOURCE

Age also matters, I don't expect any one below 18 to be in a relationship.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Michelle55: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
2/3yrs at most. but age really doesn't matter to me though so long we respect and understands each other then we're threading the right path..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by jrerico1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
Age doesn't matters in relationship, its just base on mutual understanding of each other

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
bbbabes:
Non, I can date you even if you 10 years younger. If you young in age as a guy, that doesn't mean your masculinity is young or not matured.

When you say 'masculinity', I take it you mean his _penis? undecided

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Ladies – 7 Signs He Is Shy, But In Love With You. / Shocking !!!: I Enjoyed Sex With My Brother Today.. / This Girl Rape Me Four Years Ago (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.