Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826880 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
Guys is it safe interms of visa and admission to apply for summer section
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sharles: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
kelly4top:

where you required to submit proof of English proficiency or it was waived for you?

It was waiver

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kelvinkate: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
WEIRDPC:
share your profile here. The course you studied, area you want to pursue a masters program and any other thing that can help.
Thanks for your response

I studied Agricultural Economics B.sc, trying to get admission for a masters degree in Agricultural Economics. It's been tough for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Somat4ril(m): 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
justwise:

You forgot to add his phone number and email address.

igeoluwatobi2017@gmail.com
His phone number is 07033493023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prof1999(m): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
hope the v.o will not ask me to submit proof
of English proficiency test because i no get. and is not required by the school i got admission into (cornwall aviation at ontario) they just use telephony interview and my waec result for admission o . please i need help o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prof1999(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Cant say if affidavit of return plays a great role, but I thought of adding it to mine, before I felt it was unnecessary & decided to free it, wit a convincing SOP u wud be fine, & do u mean telling VO u would be leaving to London to attend same program.
thanks for the reply sir . i mean telling
the v.o that after my pilot studies in
canada i am going to london for type
rating (This Is Just Like Masters .this
allows me to fly big airline plane and i
will be type rating on boeing 737 ng )just to convince the v.o that i
have a future plan and that i will be
living after my studies. and i have
book a space in that school in london.
so i want to attach the mail the school
sent to me stating that i have shown interest and they have fix my up .I am trying maybe
i can get any letter from arik stating that i will be considered after my pilot studies ,but that will be very tough to get. please i want you to help me review
my s.o.p -sir .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Guys please help..A friend of mine is in urgent need.

obiagbaoso:
Guys is it safe interms of visa and admission to apply for summer section
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prof1999(m): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prof1999(m): 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Cant say if affidavit of return plays a great role, but I thought of adding it to mine, before I felt it was unnecessary & decided to free it, wit a convincing SOP u wud be fine, & do u mean telling VO u would be leaving to London to attend same program.
CONGRATE SIR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
Have you checked University of Saskatchewan. You are not required to mail a supervisor before applying. Just try to write a very tight SOP. I just applied to the same department against Fall 2018 and I hope it's positive cos their fees is quite cheap. Best of God

I studied Agricultural Economics B.sc, trying to get admission for a masters degree in Agricultural Economics. It's been tough for me. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Have you checked University of Saskatchewan. You are not required to mail a supervisor before applying. Just try to write a very tight SOP. I just applied to the same department against Fall 2018 and I hope it's positive cos their fees is quite cheap. Best of God

Kelvinkate:

Thanks for your response

I studied Agricultural Economics B.sc, trying to get admission for a masters degree in Agricultural Economics. It's been tough for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abdullahi45: 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello gurus.. Una good evening...

I have BSc in Microbiology, i applied for MSc In Microbiology and related field in about 4 schools in Canada and got rejected in all. UBC, U of Manitoba, McGill and Uwo... I am damn tired and confused... They are really making me feel bad...

What do you think i can do?

Please i need Good advice and serious mentorship please?

Do you know of any Sch that take Nigerians easily or do you have a secret method few people know about?

Or do you have anything.. Just advice me.

NB: I have a CGPA greater than 4.45, TOEFL result of 84 /120. And some school request i find supervisor but not all for Msc.

Thanks in anticipation Gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kelvinkate:

Thanks for your response

When you are applying to schools, don't just apply to high ranking schools. Make it a blend of high ranking, middle ranking and low ranking schools. From my personal experience, easiest way of securing admission in Canada is by getting a supervisor. You have a nice CGPA, with a good statement of purpose, I'm sure you will see Professors willing to supervise your work. Also, try to apply like 6 months or more before your planned resumption date. Admission is very competitive... But with God and well packaged application, you will get admitted.

Austinepine Abestine Maziude Jnywa can say more on this as I am still a novice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kelvinkate: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Vickenny:

I wanted to apply but was told I would need to write GRE or GMAT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kelvinkate: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
WEIRDPC:

When you are applying to schools, don't just apply to high ranking schools. Make it a blend of high ranking, middle ranking and low ranking schools. From my personal experience, easiest way of securing admission in Canada is by getting a supervisor. You have a nice CGPA, with a good statement of purpose, I'm sure you will see Professors willing to supervise your work. Also, try to apply like 6 months or more before your planned resumption date. Admission is very competitive... But with God and well packaged application, you will get admitted.

Austinepine Abestine Maziude Jnywa can say more on this as I am still a novice
Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
Somat4ril:
igeoluwatobi2017@gmail.com
His phone number is 07033493023

Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Christopher100: 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
Good evening gurus in the house. Thank you ones again for all your contributions in the house. I just reapplied for TRV last Tuesday but I just discovered one mistake I made in my application form. My expected date of completion of my Msc program is 03-06-2019 but i mistakenly wrote 03-06-2020. Pls is there any means I can make correction through my online account? Looking forward to hearing from you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dislat: 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
Good. I applied to the same program last week. My prospective supervisor told me to screen grab our conversation and upload it as statement of prospective supervisor. Guess I have been able to guide you.
goodnews1111:
chemistry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holabisi: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hi,
After trying unsuccessfully to secure admission for MSC in some universities last year.
I decided to opt for a postgraduate diploma in line with my BSC.
I have the LOA for September 2018.

I would like to know the best time to apply for a visa.
I have started gathering my documents, but I tot its better to wait till next year.

Suggestions are needed house!
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
Christopher100:
Good evening gurus in the house. Thank you ones again for all your contributions in the house. I just reapplied for TRV last Tuesday but I just discovered one mistake I made in my application form. My expected date of completion of my Msc program is 03-06-2019 but i mistakenly wrote 03-06-2020. Pls is there any means I can make correction through my online account? Looking forward to hearing from you...
This shouldn't be an issue. Your offer letter will guide the VO on your program length.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chiefdeji: 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
Good evening house. great to see how useful info are shared here. I just got offered admission by MUN. I applied to some months back. Please what are the processes and documents to gather for the study permit application and also to fast-track the the process as the resumption date is January 2018. Please all advice are welcome..............Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by teehey: 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
Good evening my great people, is WAEC result part of the requirements for student permit for MSc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
bigmove:
hello house,
please under where do I attach/upload the police report?
cc jnyuwa02, Igbouwanile
Thank you...
upload under letter of explanatiom.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
prof1999:
CONGRATZ SIR
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Fill according to the sponsor's relationship wit u, just as the options appear there.

after filling my parents, its only other and i cant type in there to add co sponsor, so how do i go about that? do i just add my co sponsors documents ? and not specify on the form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
prof1999:
thanks for the reply sir . i mean telling
the v.o that after my pilot studies in
canada i am going to london for type
rating (This Is Just Like Masters .this
allows me to fly big airline plane and i
will be type rating on boeing 737 ng )just to convince the v.o that i
have a future plan and that i will be
living after my studies. and i have
book a space in that school in london.
so i want to attach the mail the school
sent to me stating that i have shown interest and they have fix my up .I am trying maybe
i can get any letter from arik stating that i will be considered after my pilot studies ,but that will be very tough to get. please i want you to help me review
my s.o.p -sir .
Okay, if u think this will help ur situation & not contradict it, then u can go ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:10am On Oct 22, 2017
ayonet:

After filling my parents, it's only other and i cant type in there to add co sponsor, so how do i go about that? do i just add my co sponsors documents ? and not specify on the form?
E.g: my fees will be paid by other.. then detail> uncle & family friend, hope u got it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 12:21am On Oct 22, 2017
Igbouwanile:

E.g: my fees will be paid by other.. then detail> uncle & family friend, hope u got it?

after filling parents, its not allowing me to fill anything inside the other box u get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 12:27am On Oct 22, 2017
Kelvinkate:

Thanks for your response

Hello Kelvinkate,

It's not tough as it seems to be. I studied agricultural extension and rural development and I got admitted to University of Manitoba for Msc. Agribusiness and agricultural economics, winter 2018.

Most universities in Canada that offers graduate admission in related course doesn't need you to secure a supervisor before admission but you can contact as many faculty members as possible stating your intentions but note this won't influence your admission. All new grad students are expected to at least have finished first semester and observed which lecturer and area fits their interest and strengths.

Admission decision are always evaluated based on the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and transcripts.

Aside your academic grade, you have to write a very strong and convincing statement of intent(Biographical sketch) highlighting your motivations, research interest, your goals after completion of Msc. program, why the uni, and your academic achievements. Just short and precise (One to two pages is enough, it all depends on your use of words).

Lastly, ensure you involve God in your applications. 

Below are the list of Canadian universities that offers masters in Agricultural economics or related field.

1. McGill University
2. University of Alberta
3. Dalhousie university
4. University of British Columbia
5. University of Saskatchewan
6. University of Manitoba
7. University of lethbridge
8. University of Guelph
9. University of Winnipeg
10. Brandon university

I hope these helps

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:45am On Oct 22, 2017
ayonet:

after filling parents, its not allowing me to fill anything inside the other box u get it?
Choose 'Other', it will allow you type the name of your sponsor and co-sponsor in the next space.

Eg... Father & family friend'

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bukanol: 1:47am On Oct 22, 2017
Hi everyone....my background check changed from processing to not applicable after so many months...please what does this this mean...please help a brother and I am new on this thread bikonu....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 2:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Choose 'Other', it will allow you type the name of your sponsor and co-sponsor in the next space.

Eg... Father & family friend'

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.