Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826017 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:52am On Oct 23, 2017
dislat:
Who's gonna supervise you with your high GPA? Getting supervisor is the most pertinent step to admission for theses programs.

School will assign you supervisor after acceptance if they don't require one before admission. Thesis or nonthesis. Getting supervisors is not actually a big deal. Just write a letter to a professor and tell him you are from Nigeria, say something really interesting about yourself and what motivated you to want to study the things you are interested in. If you are good with words and explaining yourself, they will agree quickly. They are always interested in saying yes to interesting people. I know that my supervisor actually told me he is excited to work with me and interested in learning about Nigeria. But I was still rejected. Getting supervisor is good, but not the most important. Statement of intent, recommendation and how you performed in previous school is much more important. In an applicant pool where competition is stiff, these are what carries the day, not who has a supervisor (everyone has a supervisor cos you required to obtain supervisor before applying).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Somat4ril(m): 10:07am On Oct 23, 2017
lanrayx:

the same guy payed my application fees, when I applied to Ottawa without issue, guess because i asked for the screenshot of his passport he couldn't dupe me.
please bro, is there any way I can get his passport screen shot? Help a brother here please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kindaguy(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2017
Hello Family..
i intend applying for an undergrad studies to a Canadian school for fall 2018... i want to know if there are Canadian schools that offer either full or part funding to intl. student? .
And preferably schools that have low tution fees.... thanks y'all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2017
abestine:

Your aunt have to send it to you and not CIC, it have to be among your documents.
Now concerning getting it across to you, that shouldn't be a problem, she can get the court affidavit done over there, scan it, and send it to you. That was how I got a court affidavit from my cousin who stood as my co-sponsor from the united state.

I will appreciate if you don't bold your comment again, please... Ire o

Okay thanks. The reason I asked if my aunt can send the statement of account directly to CIC is because I know it's a sensitive document. On second thought is it possible she pays the money into my domiciliary account. Then back it up with the court affidavit from U.K. ..a letter of sponsorship and the statement of account of my domiciliary account showing she paid the money into my account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2017
Somat4ril:
please bro, is there any way I can get his passport screen shot? Help a brother here please
sorry i cant help with that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2017
OFFICIALAEL:

Okay thanks. The reason I asked if my aunt can send the statement of account directly to CIC is because I know it's a sensitive document. On second thought is it possible she pays the money into my domiciliary account. Then back it up with the court affidavit from U.K. ..a letter of sponsorship and the statement of account of my domiciliary account showing she paid the money into my account
Stick with the second thought. Let her pay the money into your domiciliary account & add the other documents you listed including her statement of account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adey2014: 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
greetings everyone, i av been getting conflicting reports here regarding getting supervisors and all. i saw from a university depaermental website that admissions depends on you getting supervisor and the supervisor willing to offer u space. if this is the case, is it still possible to get rejected despite meeting this criteria. anyone sud kindly explain cos a lot of effort is required to get supervisors and if some are saying with facts that these doesnt always guarantee admissions, isnt it advisable not to bother doing tht or channeling ur resources into other parrs of the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
adey2014:
greetings everyone, i av been getting conflicting reports here regarding getting supervisors and all. i saw from a university depaermental website that admissions depends on you getting supervisor and the supervisor willing to offer u space. if this is the case, is it still possible to get rejected despite meeting this criteria. anyone sud kindly explain cos a lot of effort is required to get supervisors and if some are saying with facts that these doesnt always guarantee admissions, isnt it advisable not to bother doing tht or channeling ur resources into other parrs of the application?
Getting a supervisor is one thing, meeting the admission minimum requirement is another and comparing your application package with other applicants is another. All these go into assessments and selection of highly competitive students for a department.

Getting a supervisor is ONLY one part of the rigorous admission process. If the university request that you get one prior to applying, it's applicable to every applicant and it is no guarantee that you will be admitted. You application package( transcripts,GPA/average point, Letter of intent, references, research interest etc) will have to distinguish you as you are also competing with different applicants from various part of the world with same interest as yours. Nothing is Guaranteed untill you have been offered admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hello is it mandatory for Nigerian student applying for Canada visa to do medical check? Because I applied for a student permit Aug 28th and I just saw notification now that my passport has been dispatched to the visa office on d 18th of this month. What does it mean? Am super tensed! What's the chances to know if my visa has been approved? Somebody pls help answer me. Thx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
10shuare:
Hello is it mandatory for Nigerian student applying for Canada visa to do medical check? Because I applied for a student permit Aug 28th and I just saw notification now that my passport has been dispatched to the visa office on d 18th of this month. What does it mean? Am super tensed! What's the chances to know if my visa has been approved? Somebody pls help answer me. Thx
I'm afraid you application has been refused. It is mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to a study permit approval .The only exception is when your program is less than 6 months.

A right thing to do is to get you returned document, enlighten people here about the reason(s) for the refusal and folks here will proffer a suggestive path to follow incase you consider reapplying.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
OK thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adey2014: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

Getting a supervisor is one thing, meeting the admission minimum requirement is another and comparing your application package with other applicants is another. All these go into assessments and selection of highly competitive students for a department.

Getting a supervisor is ONLY one part of the rigorous admission process. If the university request that you get one prior to applying, it applicable to every applicant and it is no guarantee that you will be admitted. You application package( transcripts,GPA/average point, Letter of intent, references, research interest etc) will have to distinguish you as you are also competing with different applicants from various part of the world with same interest as yours. Nothing is Guaranteed untill you have been offered admission.
thanks for the comment. but nawa for this supervisors then. why tell someone to apply when u know they might not be accepted. person go come waste app fee. its well sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adey2014: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

Getting a supervisor is ONLY one part of the rigorous admission process. If the university request that you get one prior to applying, it applicable to every applicant and it is no guarantee that you will be admitted. You application package( transcripts,GPA/average point, Letter of intent, references, research interest etc) will have to distinguish you as you are also competing with different applicants from various part of the world with same interest as yours. Nothing is Guaranteed untill you have been offered admission.
thanks for the comment. but nawa for this supervisors then. why tell someone to apply when u know they might not be accepted. person go come waste app fee. its well sha. i read some departments return app fee for admitted students
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
adey2014:
thanks for the comment. but nawa for this supervisors then. why tell someone to apply when u know they might not be accepted. person go come waste app fee. its well sha.
Actually, it is not in the supervisor's position to determine who get admitted or who doesn't. The admission committee members(which may include the prospective supervisor) of the applicant's department makes the assessment and recommendation while the faculty of graduate and post-doctoral affairs ascertain other requirements are met before issuance of the offer of admission or rejection.

So it is not solely dependent on the prospective supervisor to make this singular decision. The advantage an applicant get after securing a supervisor is that he/she (supervisor)will highly recommend the applicant during the committee's sitting for admission considerations. If other aspect of the application meets the requirements, there is high likely-hood such applicant MAY be admitted. Still no guarantee.

Some programs insist securing a supervisor because the program is research intensive and mostly may not completely involve regular class room activities. You will need guidance and close monitoring. The world's solution of a problem in that aspect of your field could yield from your activity.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Pls can someone help with an information on what next after biometrics. Had my last month, don't know what to expect and haven't heard from cic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TRUMPMAD: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congratulation. Please i send you IM. Please i will like to talk to.

Than you

Igbouwanile:
Thank God it was a success!

Here is the list of docs. I submitted

Loads of prayers & dedication of my app. to God, right from day one, no be small thing.

CIC Forms:
All CIC study permit forms, with well filled questionnaire: IMM 5832E.

Admission letter (MA, UNB)
Bank tuition receipt
Sch tuition receipt
Transcript
B.Sc cert
Nysc certs
Statement of result
CV
Waec cert
Ielts result
Local govt of origin cert/Attestation
My driver's licence
Copies of my int'l passport & original
My bank statement
Work introductory letter
Church rec. letters
Previous refusal letter
Powerfully well written convincing LOE (with study reasons well stated).
Available siblings I.D's
Mum matron cert,
Father's death cert,
Police clearance cert

1st Sponsor (cousin):
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship
Sponsor (2) bank acct. statements.
Bank reference letters
Birth cert.
Sponsor I.D
Cac docs. of sponsor

2nd Sponsor (brother):
Moral sponsor letter
Employment & confirmation letter.
Sponsor I.D

I think it's all, some docs. were missing in the 1st app. so I added several crucial docs. to this one to clarify previous refusal reasons, app wasnt so tight, God made it sail.

I appreciate everyone for the encouragement & help rendered to me in this move, am most grateful to all as this wouldn't have been realisable without your concerted efforts, to those awaiting response now or when applied, may God grant u a positive one In Jesus Name>> Amen!

#Bows_&_Greets_All!
Thanks All!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by testmo: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
Good day house, pls i need contact of any naija in memorial university especially the one that knows more about PGD in safety and risk engineering thanks. my mail motestify@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2017
Putting in my trv application tomorrow with the paper route. Hopefully its not too late for January. I've been following this thread since 2013 when I 1st applied to an undergrad course at Regina University but my parents couldn't afford to pay my tuition. Fast forward to 2017 and I have paid my tuition by meself and i am also self sponsored. I hope for a positive response but i am soo happy I have gotten to this point where i can actually sponsor my education myself. Btw i am going to study photography at Seneca college.
I hope this encourages somebody out there who would love to travel for school but cannot afford it at the moment. I waited 4 years just to put in a visa application so keep your head up and never give up, It will all end in praise.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
TRUMPMAD:
Congratulation. Please i send you IM. Please i will like to talk to.

Than you

Okay, seen & replied. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
ManLikeMace:
Putting in my trv application tomorrow with the paper route. Hopefully its not too late for January. I've been following this thread since 2013 when I 1st applied to an undergrad course at Regina University but my parents couldn't afford to pay my tuition. Fast forward to 2017 and I have paid my tuition by meself and i am also self sponsored. I hope for a positive response but i am soo happy I have gotten to this point where i can actually sponsor my education myself. Btw i am going to study photography at Seneca college.
I hope this encourages somebody out there who would love to travel for school but cannot afford it at the moment. I waited 4 years just to put in a visa application so keep your head up and never give up, It will all end in praise.

Congratulations on your attainment! You have an inspiring story. Make it show in your SOP. Because photography is one of those courses that is hard to scale through, the visa officer would like to know why you can't study that in Nigeria and decided on Canada. The norm is to suspect you of using that route as a way to effectuate your migration to Canada. But I am confident if you can spin a tale that will inspire and awe them, even photography I am confident can scale through. Wishing you the very best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toluberry: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hello house,
Any idea on how many days or weeks it takes for passport to be returned after submitting to vfs based on original passport request for online applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Okeosisi11: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2017
Hi,
am having a similar challenge, linked my application for past weeks now, under the message page ( showing data not available).
what is the status of yours now.
hamddy:
I didnt find that option stall.

quote author=Dredre01 post=61567548]

Hello, it does not means you have not submit but it simple means no information yet on your application. Did you click on check status and messages? That is where you will see more info on your app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Okeosisi11: 1:43am On Oct 24, 2017
Has anyone come over this:

Linked my application online for past weeks now, under the message page ( showing data not available).
How do i go about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Okeosisi11: 2:01am On Oct 24, 2017
LINKED MY APPLICATION ONLINE FOR THREE WEEKS NOW AND NOTHING TO SHOW ABOUT MY APPLICATION.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS.

View my submitted applications or profiles

Show entriesSearch:
View my submitted applications or profiles

Application number Application type Applicant's name Date submitted Details Messages Action

No data available in table

Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entriesPreviousNext

Account messages
For messages about your application/profile, see "check status and messages" under the "submitted applications or profiles" section. Note: The "submitted applications or profiles" section appears only if you have submitted an application or profile.

You have no messages.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ceceliaa34(f): 7:52am On Oct 24, 2017
pvc4real:

1. Awuf: July 3rd, MBA, VIU, Online route, Upfront Medical.

2. pvc4real: August 18th, Georgian College, Online Route, Upfront Medical (Passed)

3. Steveobasi34: September 15th, undergraduate, VIU, paper route.

4. Lifeisguhd: September 28th, PGC, GBC, Online Route.

5. Valenti12: October 6th, PGD, Humber College, Paper Route.

6. Ceceliaa34: October 6th, PGD Data Science, Lambton College, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals.

7. Weirdpc october 16, M.Ap.Sci. Civil Engineering U of W paper route, Upfront medicals

7. OriEyeLe: Oct.16, PGD Bus Admin, Northwest community College, paper route,upfront meds

Medicals Passed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Time2reign: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2017
Please, I do seriously need help.

I have been writing to various supervisors in respect to securing one, but am yet to get any response from any.

Could some pls assist me with a draft of the message to be written on the mail body?

my email is sundaychuks41@gmail.com

Thanks much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 8:41am On Oct 24, 2017
Plss guys in the house need an urgent help wana make my tution deposite fee today and i dont hv my dollar card yet all my money is in naira plss how can i make payment of 2200cad i csnt use my naira card.. which optuons can the hiuse provide for me today is my deadline for payment am paying to fansgawe college
I have gotten account details from the school. Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2017
1. Awuf: July 3rd, MBA, VIU, Online route, Upfront Medical.

2. pvc4real: August 18th, Georgian College, Online Route, Upfront Medical (Passed)

3. Steveobasi34: September 15th, undergraduate, VIU, paper route.

4. Lifeisguhd: September 28th, PGC, GBC, Online Route.

5. Valenti12: October 6th, PGD, Humber College, Paper Route.

6. Ceceliaa34: October 6th, PGD Data Science, Lambton College, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed.

7. Weirdpc october 16, M.Ap.Sci. Civil Engineering U of W paper route, Upfront medicals.

7. OriEyeLe: Oct.16, PGD Bus Admin, Northwest community College, paper route,upfront medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2017
hello everyone please I need help. the part on the application form am to fill tuition for study, room and board, am I expected to fill tuition for the 2years program or for the first year cause the estimation on my admission letter is for the first year but my course is a 2years course. Again am using my aunty(mothers sister) as my sponsor and my uncle(mothers cousin from her mother's side) as co-sponsor, how can i show relationship between my mother's cousin and I since there is no relationship with my mother's maiden name and his surname cause they are maternal cousins. someone should please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2017
Zlatimi:
Plss guys in the house need an urgent help wana make my tution deposite fee today and i dont hv my dollar card yet all my money is in naira plss how can i make payment of 2200cad i csnt use my naira card.. which optuons can the hiuse provide for me today is my deadline for payment am paying to fansgawe college

Check the acceptance email sent to you very well .. you would find a link that has something with flywire.. follow the link and use form A for your payments .. if you ready to go with the high cost of dollar on cards .. go for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emjay0077: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2017
U can use your naira card to make the payment. I paid mine last week with my GTB card.
Zlatimi:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2017
Hello House,

Please i need materials on A+ certification if you have one or DUMPS on A+

Kindly help a brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.