Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826854 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by needy: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your advice. I have a BSc in Chemistry(2.1) with over 6 years of banking experience. I have never worked in a field related to my course. My challenge now is that I wish to apply for MSc in chemistry as I desire to go back to my root and possibly further my study to PhD level. I am afraid I may be denied of visa as suggested by my friends because it's not in line with my career progression. I will appreciate your advice and contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
Steveobasi34:
please does this mean i have been refused Canada visa..??

Hello Sir! Be strong, don't drop into conclusion yet.
I'll ask you this few questions and I'll be happy if you give answers to them.

1-)when did you apply for TRV(study visa) ?
2-)Were you called for medicals?

If you weren't called for medicals, I'm afraid it's a REFUSAL, wait for your correspondence letter, pick up your passport, order for your notes, repackage your app and finally refire.

Additionally, if you were called for medicals keep hope alive with your two eyes close

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Phocusjosh:
Good evening fam,
I applied for my trv on 6 of September and biometrics done 8 of septemeber. I got refused today due to 'You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including;
1. purpose of visit
2. limited employment prospects in your country of residence
3. your current employment situation
4. your personal assets and financial status.
Those are the boxes that were ticked in my refusal letter. I have attached this to this message.

My profile:
Msc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics at the University of Manitoba for winter academic session (January 1- 22).
I studied Agricultural Extension and Rural Development and graduated with CGPA of 4.80
I'm currently doing my NYSC which is rounding up in December 2017.

I got IGES worth $5400cad out of tuition fee of $10,200 for the first year. I paid in $3000cad.
Tuition fee for 2nd year is $750cad.

My sponsor is solely my dad with SOA of two accounts 2M plus at sterling and 18M at stanbic IBTC.

No upfront medical, no physical assets, no travel history.

Please gurus in the house, kindly advise me what to do next. I'm quiet confused of my next step.

Many thanks!

Sorry for the delay, God will grant you favour in your next application.
The first thing you need to do now is apply for deferral to the next available admission session (Fall) except if you want to risk reapplying immediately which I won't advice you do due to time.

Share the documents you submitted and your timeline so gurus can advice you on how to put in a more roboust application.

Lastly, apply for your GCMS file... Ire o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2017
Phocusjosh:
Good evening fam,
I applied for my trv on 6 of September and biometrics done 8 of septemeber. I got refused today due to 'You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including;
1. purpose of visit
2. limited employment prospects in your country of residence
3. your current employment situation
4. your personal assets and financial status.
Those are the boxes that were ticked in my refusal letter. I have attached this to this message.

My profile:
Msc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics at the University of Manitoba for winter academic session (January 1- 22).
I studied Agricultural Extension and Rural Development and graduated with CGPA of 4.80
I'm currently doing my NYSC which is rounding up in December 2017.

I got IGES worth $5400cad out of tuition fee of $10,200 for the first year. I paid in $3000cad.
Tuition fee for 2nd year is $750cad.

My sponsor is solely my dad with SOA of two accounts 2M plus at sterling and 18M at stanbic IBTC.

No upfront medical, no physical assets, no travel history.

Please gurus in the house, kindly advise me what to do next. I'm quiet confused of my next step.

Many thanks!

Guru in the house,
How do I tackle employment prospects when I provided employment letter with ID CARD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nellybobo(m): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pls all these family ties matters I’m hearing.. what if I don’t have a business in Nigeria, or I’m not a king’s son.. what other reasons Can I have to prove that I’d return back? I just have a family here (parents and siblings)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
abestine:

Sorry for the delay, God will grant you favour in your next application.
The first thing you need to do now is apply for deferral to the next available admission session (Fall) except if you want to risk reapplying immediately which I won't advice you do due to time.

Share the documents you submitted and your timeline so gurus can advice you on how to put in a more roboust application.

Lastly, apply for your GCMS file... Ire o

Thanks brother,

Undergraduate is Agricultural Economics and Extension.
Msc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics
University of Manitoba for winter.

Online route and no upfront medical.
Documents submitted

All CIC documents (family form, application form made outside Canada, and one other one)
1. Admission letter with IGES of $5400cad
2. Statement of purpose
3. Academic transcript (2011-2016)
4. Bsc certificate
5. Award of best graduating student in AED certificate
6. Waec certificate
7. Employment letter
8. Cv
9. Work ID CARD
10. Police certificate
11. Cac memorandum of association (mine)
12. Birth certificate
13. Certificate of origin
14. Bank telex of $3000cad
15. Tuition receipt from. U OF M

My dad is my sole sponsor with two SOA
Sterling is 2M PLUS and 18M PLUS at Stanbic IBTC
DAD letter of sponsorship
Dad affidavit of sponsorship
Dad salary review of 14M plus annual salary.
Dad international passport

This is what my application looks like
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
valenti12:

Scammers here must have contacted you to help, please DIY. Form A is how i paid my tuition, you could also get a dollar account tomorrow and make the payment tomorrow.

Plead for grace from Fanshawe.

Thank you so much i did form A today so am expecting it to go tru latest 48hrs...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Are you saying that you used GTB Naira Master Card for your tuition deposit(sounds fascinating) when has GTB Bank increased their monthly dollar limit above $1000)?.

Mind you, the fellow is not talking about application fees here but a tuition deposit of 2,200CAD, I doubt if GTB card will scale through.
Thank you so much was able to do form A today at gtbank thku stressful dunno why gtbank is given issues with pating deposite fee until you get admission letter but thank God i foundfavour waiting for 48hrs to track my.payment tru flywire thanks am grateful apploed for my dollar acct already to avoid srories that touch the heart in the future

I'll best suggest you make use of Form A since you already gotten the bank details of the school. Also make sure you have the naira equivalent of the amount involved(2,200CAD) in your bank account. It will easily scale through this method. But i also doubt if the payment will get to the school bursary today, been that today is the deadline. All the same Be positive minded.!!! undecided

I hope this information helps.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Are you saying that you used GTB Naira Master Card for your tuition deposit(sounds fascinating) when has GTB Bank increased their monthly dollar limit above $1000)?.

Mind you, the fellow is not talking about application fees here but a tuition deposit of 2,200CAD, I doubt if GTB card will scale through.

I'll best suggest you make use of Form A since you already gotten the bank details of the school. Also make sure you have the naira equivalent of the amount involved(2,200CAD) in your bank account. It will easily scale through this method. But i also doubt if the payment will get to the school bursary today, been that today is the deadline. All the same Be positive minded.!!! undecided

I hope this information helps.

Cheers!

Thank you so much was able to do form A today at gtbank thku stressful dunno why gtbank is given issues with pating deposite fee until you get admission letter but thank God i foundfavour waiting for 48hrs to track my.payment tru flywire thanks am grateful apploed for my dollar acct already to avoid srories that touch the heart in the future
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
Processing time for study permit... Hmmm

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Congratz @IGBOUWANILE, u be boss!! I dey ur back oh! Hopefully we will travel together, perhaps my application will be approved by Gods grace.
Thanks @SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, no wahala, I pray we will move together, await ur goodnews. success all de way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
I'm not even sure this CIC reads Nigerian applicants thoroughly. I provided employment letter and ID CARD, CAC documents of personal firm. Still refused based on employment prospects and personal assets.

Likewise a friend was also refused based on the same reasons though this 2nd refusal. She's married, letter of introduction from workplace, employment letter and as well husband personal assets inclusive.

The same University of Manitoba, different course, IGES funding. I applied 6th of sept and she reapplied 10th of September (previous denial was based on travel history and purpose of visit).

This is confusing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by modupeesa: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Markab:
Processing time for study permit... Hmmm
i
just checked now it's still 17 weeks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Phocusjosh:
I'm not even sure this CIC reads Nigerian applicants thoroughly. I provided employment letter and ID CARD, CAC documents of personal firm. Still refused based on employment prospects and personal assets.

Likewise a friend was also refused based on the same reasons though this 2nd refusal. She's married, letter of introduction from workplace, employment letter and as well husband personal assets inclusive.

The same University of Manitoba, different course, IGES funding. I applied 6th of sept and she reapplied 10th of September (previous denial was based on travel history and purpose of visit).

This is confusing

sorry boss, pls clarify for me. you provided employment letter and ID card when you are doing NYSC? I'm a bit confused here. was it work reference from your place of primary assignment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Sorry, I guess yours is still showing the previous update of October 16,2017 while mine is for October 23. It's updated every 7days. Use a different browser, you will see the new processing time
modupeesa:
i
just checked now it's still 17 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
mamacajah:

sorry boss, pls clarify for me. you provided employment letter and ID card when you are doing NYSC? I'm a bit confused here. was it work reference from your place of primary assignment?

At my PPA, I Work as a full staff and staff ID was issued because I go out to represent the company in several places.

N.B I never stated on my application that I'm doing NYSC (was silent about that).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
Zlatimi:

You're welcome Sir/Ma. Good to hear you have successfully completed your payment without hassles and also applied for a domicilary account. I wish you the very best in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
Phocusjosh:

This is confusing
Bro, sorry about the outcome of your application.

Just like it's been mentioned already, you will need your GCMS file to best tackle the issues raised by the VO.
However, let me explain this aspect of "Employment prospect"

You were not refused for 'Current employment situation' which means your employment details,letter and ID served their purpose in your application.

"Employment prospect in home country" in this case means the prospects of your proposed program in Nigeria upon completion. They have to see that the program you are going to study will be lucrative in Nigeria for you. If you had a future employment or needed the master to move to an advanced position in your current employment or had evidence of a business plan or even a study plan to explain or show how the master degree program would increase your chances of securing a better job upon graduation, it would have mitigated against that reason of refusal.

So the onus is on you to satisfy the officer that something tangable or lucrative moving forward awaits you in Nigeria when you finish your program. This issue is about the prospect of your field as regards employability after your program and not your current employment situation. It is expected that the master degree will move your career forward, you have to explain and evidence how this is possible and also why you have to study your program in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Just like it's been mentioned already, you will need your GCMS file to best tackle the issues raised by the VO.

You were not refused for 'Current employment situation' which means your employment details,letter and ID served it's purpose in your application.

"Employment prospect in home country" in this case means the prospects of your proposed program in Nigeria upon completion. They have to see that the program you are going to study will be lucrative in Nigeria for you. If you had a future employment or had a business plan or even a study plan to explain or show how the master degree program would increase your chances of securing a better job upon graduation would have mitigated against that reason of refusal.

So the onus is on you to satisfy the officer that something tangable or lucrative moving forward awaits you in Nigeria when you finish your program. This issue is about the prospect of your field as regards employability after your program and not your current employment situation. It is expected that the master degree will move your career forward, you have to explain and evidence how this is possible and also why you have to study your program in Canada.

Thanks boss for your response.
I have an agribusiness firm registered already which I explained in my SOP . C.AC Documents was attached.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
Phocusjosh:

At my PPA, I Work as a full staff and staff ID was issued because I go out to represent the company in several places.

N.B I never stated on my application that I'm doing NYSC (was silent about that).

ok, that's much better. Somehow, while I will let the gurus talk more on this, I feel that work letter may have affected the process as the pay scale may not have been high enough. Aside that, we have seen the recent erratic behaviour by these VOs that predicting approval or refusal following solid applications is no longer straight forward.

I think you should have included your personal statement, even if you had gotten sponsorship and tuition waivers, especially when you included work factors in the mix.

As advised, for now, ignore all negative thoughts, request for your gcms notes, repackage and refire. it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

You were not refused for 'Current employment situation' which means your employment details,letter and ID served their purpose in your application.

"Employment prospect in home country" in this case means the prospects of your proposed program in Nigeria upon completion. They have to see that the program you are going to study will be lucrative in Nigeria for you. If you had a future employment or needed the master to move to an advanced position in your current employment or had a business plan or even a study plan to explain or show how the master degree program would increase your chances of securing a better job upon graduation, it would have mitigated against that reason of refusal.

Meanwhile, I sent several PMs before putting in my application but there was no response.

What I need now is solution on how to tackle this things. My friend got her GCMS for her first application and tackled all issues raised about her refusal still denied with the same reasons as mine.

Everything just weak me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
mamacajah:

ok, that's much better. Somehow, while I will let the gurus talk more on this, I feel that work letter may have affected the process as the pay scale may not have been high enough. Aside that, we have seen the recent erratic behaviour by these VOs that predicting approval or refusal following solid applications is no longer straight forward.

I think you should have included your personal statement, even if you had gotten sponsorship and tuition waivers, especially when you included work factors in the mix.

As advised, for now, ignore all negative thoughts, request for your gcms notes, repackage and refire. it will end in praise.

Annual salary of 900k plus is small tho
Personal statement of account? I be small boy, not up to 300k in my account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
Good evening everyone?
Firstly, I thank Almighty God for His goodness.
I just got accepted to McGill (M.Sc) for fall 2018. I am expected to make a $300 CAD non-refundable deposit.
I need advice, help and information on the following;
Do I pay only the deposit here and pay the remaining part wen I get there? If yes, how will this impact my application forbTRV?
Please how do I apply for TRV and CAQ?
What are the funding opportunities for Nigeruan students in McGill?
What documents do I need for TRV application and when do I submit my application?
PS: Annual tuition is $10,059.14 CAD.
Someone please give me the conversion of that in NGN.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Please what's the link for GCMS request of $5. How can I go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Phocusjosh:

Thanks boss for your response.
I have an agribusiness firm registered already which I explained in my SOP . C.AC Documents was attached.
I see. You also have not been involved in that and using it as a prospective would not mean that you will come back to it and it wouldn't just add up using that simply because you are not actively involved in the firm in any capacity aside owning it.

Maybe if you had shown contracts, transactions or activities relative to what you claim you have going on or would return to(your firm), it would reduce the officer's suspicion that you would not leave Canada after your program or that there is great prospect for you with your program at least with your firm/business.

It will make your purpose more deliberate. You need evidence than just writing. They just don't trust Nigerians completely, they believe any thing we say is a ploy to induce their judgment. Evidence would help more and because it can be used in a judiciary review process in a court should they make an error in law or judgement, it is treated with high regards than mere writing. Discretion is exercised when when an officer have to use the applicant's explanation and it can swing either ways. Noting beats evidence. They just can't help it. The IRP Act and regulation give complete accordance to evidence as a proof. The burden is will still be on you to satisfy the VO.

I'll suggest you wait for your GCMS file before you proceed with your reapplication. It will help you.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lexyril: 12:33am On Oct 25, 2017
Congrats boss man. Pls, did you write IELTS to apply for this schl or not ? Coz my wife wants to apply to this schl too but she's still preparing to write IELTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lexyril: 12:35am On Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia:
Goo evening everyone?
Firstly, I thank Almighty God for His goodness.
I just got accepted to McGill (M.Sc) for fall 2018. I am expected to make a $300 CAD non-refundable deposit.
I need advice, help and information on the following;
Do I pay only the deposit here and pay the remaining part wen I get there? If yes, how will this impact my application forbTRV?
Please how do I apply for TRV and CAQ?
What are the funding opportunities for Nigeruan students in McGill?
What documents do I need for TRV application and when do I submit my application?
PS: Annual tuition is $10,059.14 CAD.
Someone please give me the conversion of that in NGN.
Thanks.

Congrats boss man. Pls, did you write IELTS to apply for this schl or not ? Coz my wife wants to apply to this schl too but she's still preparing to write IELTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 1:23am On Oct 25, 2017
Austinpee4:

I see. You also have not been involved in that and using it as a prospective would not mean that you will come back to it and it wouldn't just add up using that simply because you are not actively involved in the firm in any capacity aside owning it.

Maybe if you had shown contracts, transactions or activities relative to what you claim you have going on or would return to(your firm), it would reduce the officer's suspicion that you would not leave Canada after your program or that there is great prospect for you with your program at least with your firm/business.

It will make your purpose more deliberate. You need evidence than just writing. They just don't trust Nigerians completely, they believe any thing we say is a ploy to induce their judgment. Evidence would help more and because it can be used in a judiciary review process in a court should they make an error in law or judgement, it is treated with high regards than mere writing. Discretion is exercised when when an officer have to use the applicant's explanation and it can swing either ways. Noting beats evidence. They just can't help it. The IRP Act and regulation give complete accordance to evidence as a proof. The burden is will still be on you to satisfy the VO.

I'll suggest you wait for your GCMS file before you proceed with your reapplication. It will help you.

Regards.

Well said bros, the VOs may even see your firm as a mobile one that you can establish in Canada and such may not consider it as a genuine employment prospects that can cause you to return.

In addition to tackle employment problem, I think you didn't add your payslip and a letter of introduction from your office would have added to the list of evidences you provided.

You could also get a court affidavit of return to tackle the issue of returning on completion of program, I had the same issue during my application and that was what I used and God grant me favour, consider it too... Ire o

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 1:46am On Oct 25, 2017
abestine:

Well said bros, the VOs may even see your firm as a mobile one that you can establish in Canada and such may not consider it as a genuine employment prospects that can cause you to return.

In addition to tackle employment problem, I think you didn't add your payslip and a letter of introduction from your office would have added to the list of evidences you provided.

You could also get a court affidavit of return to tackle the issue of returning on completion of program, I had the same issue during my application and that was what I used and God grant me favour, consider it too... Ire o

In your case did you also submit your statement of account even as you were not your sponsor ?
I mean should one still submit his/her statement of account along with payslip and letter of introduction from office even if the persons sponsor is his/her dad?
Also what is entailed in the court affidavit of return ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 3:51am On Oct 25, 2017
abestine:

My company doesn't issue payslip. They just pay into account.

I sent you a pm sir, kindly reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 3:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Austinpee4:

Regards.

Thanks for more clarification.

I'm just weak here. I thought I have put a solid application on ground.
My sole intention is to study and return to naija to establish my firm. Though, my reason for choosing Canada is to establish a strong relationship for exportation of agricultural commodity. It is well.

Please how do I order for GCMS note? The $23 and $5 approach. ..

Many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.