Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834136 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
Long Post Alert
Pre -application......The Most Critical stage.
August 2016

While at work i spoke to a colleague of my plans of going to the USA for my Masters, i finished with a 2:2 and had already gotten admission from a good school in Florida. However, she asked "why the US, why not Canada?" Prior to that question the only thing i knew about canada was they were above the USA, i had never thought about it and didnt even know why she asked. i replied saying "hellllooo....This is USA, land of milk and honey"....she laughed and told me to read this thread....funny enough, before then i had no idea what Nairaland was for, when doing research i see some posts but just didnt care about it

September 2016 - February 2016

Research!!!!
I work as an analyst of a consulting firm and research is my last name, so this was meant to be simple, but the information overload was something else. I got to this thread during Part 11, but i was just confused, very confused, so i went back to Part 1...but i realised that was just madness, so i started from 9 and read every single line, i didn't need to ask any question cuz someone will ask it, and the gurus will explain so well...every lunch break, in the toilet, before sleeping, after morning devotion, i always had a tab open on either a computer or my phone.

I knew it will be veryyyyy difficult to get a Masters degree with my grade, so i settled on a PGD, however this couldn't be any PGD, had to be from the best college, so half my time on Nairaland, the other on college rankings, reviews by students, different provinces (later realised Toronto was in Ontario lol), racism, banks, networks, basically everything all the way to the anthem "oh Canada".

Since i am in the finance sector it was definitely going to be in Ontario, regardless of the cost (i'm a firm believer in spending money to making money). So i had option with conestoga, centinniel, durham, algoquin, seneca, the whole lot really. And for me, i believed Seneca was the right step for me. My eventual goal was to get a masters degree, so the course didn't really matter to me, as long as it was finance related and a year long (don't have time to waste).

Application Stage
Finally Applied in February 2017 with a view of starting in September 2017, but i didnt get admission till end of april, i then used the whole of May to gather and prepare all my documents
The CIC forms
Uni Transcript
Uni certificate
NYSC Certificate
Sponsors account of $15,000, 9 million Naira (inflow outflow of over 300 million) and shares of 3 million
Landed property of 20 million
My CV
SOP of less than a page, just explaining the Value i can add to the classroom in canada, and the impact other classmates of various nationalities will have on me....it was a short sop, but showed passion to canada, passion to Nigeria and passion for self development and a bit of humour showing myself as what i really am, a fun humorous guy
Letter of admission...i even forgot to add the fact i paid for school fees
International Passport with proper travel history....Please and please under no conditions should you violate your visa to any country or overstay the normal duration
Please dont ask if i submitted anything else, such as police report and all.....i didn't....I figured if they want it, they can ask me, which was probably wrong, but why else should background check be so long if they are using the reports of our police eh

i submitted on the 7th of june, paper route and put it all in Gods hands. I was a bit scared because i didnt want a rejection,cuz i will need to always put it on every document that asks "have you ever been refused visa to any country" and i just couldn't be bothered thinking of that each time, but the faith and encouragement of families and friends made me so positive about the outcome (surround yourself with the right people....note: The right people don't always need to be optimists, but they should never be pessimists), though i was very very careful about becoming complacent and putting all my worries the Almighty God. Days becam weeks, weeks became months, doubts crept in, but my faith won't waver, people i applied before got their TRVs and resumed on time, but i kept telling myself @abiodune is there, you can't even start complaining, just be thankful.

In August i sent Cse's and emails, i got automated responses and after my resumption date passed i didn't bother..what will be, will be.
I focused on my career and development, and kept reading here, and chipping in tme from time, got encouraged by a few testimonies and i later got a request for new LOA, then medicals, then approval.

People say submit a tight application, but i will say, let yourself show through your application, be honest ALWAYS, show that even if you are denied, life will still go on for you, try to help others when you can (the sky is big enough). And just always remember....God wants the best for you, ad maybe at that period in time, you going to canada won't help you (during my stay from september till now, if i had gone, i realised i would have missed so many opportunities that came in a space of one month, so im grateful)...DONT LET CANADA BLOCK YOUR EYES FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES

Be safe.....NEWBIES READ UP ON VARIOUS POSTS BY MANY MANY OTHERS>>>>I CANNOT EMPHASISE THIS ENOUGH

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Derksjock: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello, please I need some help. Sometime in September I wrote about my being denied after I got a request letter to pay my fees. Well, today I got my GCMS notes and I was shocked that the letters and documents I uploaded and sent weren't acknowelged as receopt. Here's what my GCMS says. Even after I went on to pay the fees and provided other documents.
The scholarship being referred to was a from my first degree and I clearly stated I while uploading and was sent way before the request letter was issued. I sent it
as a proof because I mentioned in my application that I was a beneficiary of the scholarship and felt the need to include it.
Please I need advice as to how best to go about this situation.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
ManLikeMace:

Congrats man! You off to Seneca? See you in January!

yes boss, i go clear road for una....since mazuide is garri man, ill become groundnut man....so bring my groundnut o cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
Twallace:

Big congratulations...... Hope for PGD after all

Thanks boss....Always has been.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Derksjock:
Hello, please I need some help. Sometime in September I wrote about my being denied after I got a request letter to pay my fees. Well, today I got my GCMS notes and I was shocked that the letters and documents I uploaded and sent weren't acknowelged as receopt. Here's what my GCMS says. Even after I went on to pay the fees and provided other documents.
The scholarship being referred to was a from my first degree and I clearly stated I while uploading and was sent way before the request letter was issued. I sent it
as a proof because I mentioned in my application that I was a beneficiary of the scholarship and felt the need to include it.

Thanks

@jnyuwa02... Boss, your input needed please...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
AfroHeathen:

Congratulations!!! See you in Seneca.

Yes boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
maygreaves:

yes boss, i go clear road for una....since mazuide is garri man, ill become groundnut man....so bring my groundnut o cheesy cheesy

Toronto no far from Ottawa, so carry the garri follow body.

@wealth360, canadiannurse etc...My guy for store say una shipment never arrive. Make una hurry as I want take inventory...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Arebo:

Congrats! PGD ish broken...Good God!

Hahaha, was it sealed before??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
vanod:

Congrats my Seneca paddy. go and clear way we are coming soon, all the best.

Na you i dey wait for!!!!.....Praying for a positive outcome for you bro...you've been of amazing help and your heart desires will surely come to pass!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
val4o:

Please what does GCMS mean

Global case management system file..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
maziude:

@jnyuwa02... Boss, your input needed please...

Clearly it seems they got your letter and the documents you sent them. The GCMS notes clearly don't have to do a listing of what they received in verbatim. Your case is perfect one for reopening of you can provide what they requested from you: prepayment of one year fees. Don't waste your money applying again. Ask for reopening by sending an email, it costs nothing. I saw them reopen and grant one person on this NL with the same case as yours. Missing document. Yes reopening is based on error of law or fact from previous proceeding. Reopening can also be based on evidence that was not available and could not have been presented in previous proceeding. I think your good news is been withheld only by a receipt showing prepayment. It's a good spot to be in that many would kill for. So better pay your fees and provide scholarship letter that clearly lists how much money you were awarded. Seems the scholarship letter was silent on the amount awarded to you or the VO couldn't legibly tell how much was awarded.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
Derksjock:

Thanks

Responded, see subsequent post above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Abeg ooooo who is miskeen on dis forum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Clearly it seems they got your letter and the documents you sent them. The GCMS notes clearly don't have to do a listing of what they received in verbatim. Your case is perfect one for reopening of you can provide what they requested from you: prepayment of one year fees. Don't waste your money applying again. Ask for reopening by sending an email, it costs nothing. I saw them reopen and grant one person on this NL with the same case as yours. Missing document. Yes reopening is based on error of law or fact from previous proceeding. Reopening can also be based on evidence that was not available and could not have been presented in previous proceeding. I think your good news is been withheld only by a receipt showing prepayment. It's a good spot to be in that many would kill for. So better pay your fees and provide scholarship letter that clearly lists how much money you were awarded. Seems the scholarship letter was silent on the amount awarded to you or the VO couldn't legibly tell how much was awarded.

Thank you boss...

@Derksjock , this response is for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
Please i want you to look very closely with your work experience.....to me i will say u should seat down and compare the two refusal reason...... analyse it.to your own understanding...and also did u attached your sibling birth certificates.to me o think your sop is not that strong

OmalichaUC:
Good afternoon family, I got denied yesterday the 2nd time.

Undergraduate degree - Communication and Language Art, Upper Division U.I
M.A- Disability Studies, University of Manitoba.
$5,400 CAD funding.

First Application 11th May, 2017 online route
I submitted all documents including letter of employment and introduction letter from a private secondary school where I tutor disabled students.
Sponsorship: Br - In-law with $34k CAD
No personal assets cos I just finished NYSC
Denial reasons: Purpose of visit, Travel history.

I ordered GCMS NOTES which questioned my reason for studying such a course in Canada bearing the high cost of relocation. Also that I have limited hometies: single with no child. I haven't traveled to Canada before.

Second Application 8th of September, 2017. Online route.
Deferred my admission and I tackled GCMS NOTES by including my marriage certificate and change of name( Got married in June after my first application). Hubby's letter of employment, ID cards and pay slips including letter of consent.
Sponsor paid $2000 part tuition. I submitted new letter of appointment and introduction letter from my new job here in lagos. No payslip and no personal assets.
Got denied again 24th October. Reasons; Purpose of visit, employement prospect, current employment situation in country of residence and no personal assets.

I feel so bad to be honest. I tried all I could to address previous denial. All to no avail. I don't know how God gave me Masters admission with funding yet no visa to resume. I had already deferred admission from Fall to January Winter.

Pls I need your help family. Whether to let this go or to try again. If Canada doesn't want people to come and study they should stop offering high-hope admissions. It's seriously unfair. PhocusJosh and I applied with 2 days interval. We were both offered the same refusal at the same time with the same reasons. The correspondence letter appeared like automated messages to me. It's like it's the same VO who attended to us both. He didn't even scrutinize it thoroughly - just dished the messages out.

I'm sorry for the long post. It hurts though!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nogen:
Good morning House, is it the original the Police character certificate I should submit in my application?
Photocopy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
maygreaves:
Lol, wanted to play it cool and casual like it was nothing and be like "TRV approved", but i know deep down this was really God. I'll update my documents shortly and for those still believing in your canadian dream, hold on to God tightly. It is well

Eyin awon toronto, I'm coming o
Cool and Casual Congratz smiley smiley smiley
I dey your back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
ManLikeMace:
How long do i have to wait before i can link my paper application?
I was able to link mine 2 days after i submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miskeen: 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=bbclue post=61765118]Abeg ooooo who is miskeen on dis forum[/quote
I am miskeen...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
Got this yesterday, don't even know If I should repackage and fire again. Gurus pls advise.

Made 1st semester payment. Sponsor who is my sister has almost 9m in her account and provided letter of sponsorship. she is well travelled and we scrutinized the SOP together.

Pls advise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
someborry:
Got this yesterday, don't even know If I should repackage and fire again. Gurus pls advise.

Made 1st semester payment. Sponsor who is my sister has almost 9m in her account and provided letter of sponsorship. she is well travelled and we scrutinized the SOP together.

Pls advise
purpose of visit, limited employment prospect in your country of residence, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status and not satisfied that i would leave Canada after study where issues highlighted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miskeen: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
I'm miskeen...kudos to you all for the great work..It will end in praise(Iyanu Ashele)
bbclue:
Abeg ooooo who is miskeen on dis forum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
someborry:

purpose of visit, limited employment prospect in your country of residence, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status and not satisfied that i would leave Canada after study where issues highlighted.

Kindly share your profile, this isn't about funds, I am trying to understand you because you still posted this month that you were just called for biometrics, and your gcms note arrived today....I don't get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dodoa: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2017
matic12:

congrats.... when did you apply?
Since, you have done an upfront medical before, try contact the hospital to resend the result of your medicals to cic......

once again, congrats....

14th September. So I don't need to write to cic that it has been done..just reach out to the hospital alone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
someborry:

Pls advise

Same reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Miskeen:
I'm miskeen...kudos to you all for the great work..It will end in praise(Iyanu Ashele)

Amen ooooooo....iyanu abeg shele kiakia

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
someborry:

Pls advise

sorry about your refused application.. when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
maygreaves:

Na you i dey wait for!!!!.....Praying for a positive outcome for you bro...you've been of amazing help and your heart desires will surely come to pass!!!

Amen brother, God is in control all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by balogunrilwan(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who graduated with a thirdclass and has a Postgraduate diploma in Public relations and advertising.

Since, here in Nigeria, after your PGD you can continue with your masters.

He wants to further his education in Canada though.

So, is he eligible to study a masters programme in any university in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by needy: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
needy:
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your advice. I have a BSc in Chemistry(2.1) with over 6 years of banking experience. I have never worked in a field related to my course. My challenge now is that I wish to apply for MSc in chemistry as I desire to go back to my root and possibly further my study to PhD level. I am afraid I may be denied of visa as suggested by my friends because it's not in line with my career progression. I will appreciate your advice and contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bigmove: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
hello everyone,
please how do I get additional page for employment section as the provided one cannot contain the required past 10years experience??
Thanks in advance...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=needy post=61770022][/quote]

You are fine. It's in your career progression. The emphasis by the VO is usually on the "course studied" in school or "current employment." So if you studied chemistry in school, but worked somewhere else in another discipline, it would be fine if you were admitted going back to do chemistry. It is emphatic though you explain in your SOE why you would be returning back to your first love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.