Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,246 members, 7,853,245 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (844450 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You are fine. The emphasis is usually on the "course studied" or "current employment." So if you studied chemistry in school, but worked somewhere else in another discipline, it would be fine if you were admitted going back to do chemistry. It is emphatic though you explain in your SOE why you would be returning back to your first love.
Bro I sent you a mail, kindly respond.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to bring back the topic about using an affidavit of return during ones TRV application but my curiosity begs me to ask the house that, in the long run won't the document be a problem if one decides to apply for PR after he/she is done with studying in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EJIZY: 11:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
OFFICIALAEL:
I don't mean to bring back the topic about using an affidavit of return during ones TRV application but my curiosity begs me to ask the house that, in the long run won't the document be a problem if one decides to apply for PR after he/she is done with studying in Canada

You are correct, I have a friend in CANADA who wanted to extend his PGWP but was denied because he boldly stated in his SOP during his TRV application that he was returning after studies and all.Let’s be mindful of what we write so it doesn’t come back and hunt you in future.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
EJIZY:

You are correct, I have a friend in CANADA who wanted to extend his PGWP but was denied because he boldly stated in his SOP during his TRV application that he was returning after studies and all.Let’s be mindful of what we write so it doesn’t come back and hunt you in future.

You guys are funny here grin I strongly doubt that it was what the fellow wrote on his SOP that made them deny him extension for PGWP. His refusal might come from other factors not his SOP. Every applicant is expected to convince the visa officer that you will return after your studies in Canada, that doesn't implies that when you get to Canada you can't apply for a PR because you once wrote a SO CALLED convinicing SOP before applying to study in Canada.

Be guided Sir!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
OFFICIALAEL:

Sir! As the gurus has advised previously, that submitting a sworn affidavit of your coming back to your home country after studies in Canada doesn't add anything to your profile, neither will it change the V.O mindset if they wants to deny visa.

Well, it's a self decision, if you wish to go by that route fine. But mind you, I don't think taking a sworn affidavit that impose your return after studies will bring a negative outcome on your PR application in nearest future.

Gurus your inputs will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mexzony: 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello house am.planning on going to canada for masters in software engineering.I graduated with a 2-2 in pure and applied physics though I have programming skills and currently taking programming and database courses as I am.currently serving.
Any advice on how I go about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
dodoa:

14th September. So I don't need to write to cic that it has been done..just reach out to the hospital alone?

Hi Sir/Ma,

You did upfront medicals and you were called for medicals. If you have a copy of your E-medical sheet, which bears your Unique UMI Number. kindly upload it to your CIC account and let them know you did upfront medicals prior to the submission of your app. More so, try reach out to the hospital to forward your results again ASAP.

Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 12:03am On Oct 26, 2017
Good morning Fam, long time. Thanks to everyone keeping this great thread going, may God continue to bless you all. @Omalicha sorry for the delay, try and get your file let's see. It's a pity cic keeps doing what they feel like. IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2017
mcobex:
Good morning Fam, long time. Thanks to everyone keeping this great thread going, may God continue to bless you all. @Omalicha sorry for the delay, try and get your file let's see. It's a pity cic keeps doing what they feel like. IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK!

On behalf of the gurus in the house, we say Welcome Bro! Happy to see you here again. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by balogunrilwan(m): 12:19am On Oct 26, 2017
I have a friend who graduated with a thirdclass and has a Postgraduate diploma in Public relations and advertising.

Since, here in Nigeria, after your PGD you can continue with your masters.

He wants to further his education in Canada though.

So, is he eligible to study a masters programme in any univerwsity in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 12:54am On Oct 26, 2017
mexzony:
Hello house am.planning on going to canada for masters in software engineering.I graduated with a 2-2 in pure and applied physics though I have programming skills and currently taking programming and database courses as I am.currently serving.
Any advice on how I go about this.

Just 1 advice in a couple of steps.

1) make up your mind.
2) check google.
3) Come back to nairaland to read and get adequate guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 12:58am On Oct 26, 2017
balogunrilwan:
I have a friend who graduated with a thirdclass and has a Postgraduate diploma in Public relations and advertising.

Since, here in Nigeria, after your PGD you can continue with your masters.

He wants to further his education in Canada though.

So, is he eligible to study a masters programme in any univerwsity in Canada?

Boss,

Is your friend on facebook? How often does he check his facebook account? How difficult is it for him to come here and ask himself? He would even gain more by being here himself either publicly or privately.

To answer your question, nobody has an answer to your questions actually. Tell your friend to make up his mind on what he wants to study and then he can source for answers himself.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 1:08am On Oct 26, 2017
Hello house please who knows the sequence in which cic updates the applicants profile ...
which comes first background check or eligibility review... what stage is eligibility review in the whole process

maziude ..please any response to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 2:41am On Oct 26, 2017
Derksjock:
Hello, please I need some help. Sometime in September I wrote about my being denied after I got a request letter to pay my fees. Well, today I got my GCMS notes and I was shocked that the letters and documents I uploaded and sent weren't acknowelged as receopt. Here's what my GCMS says. Even after I went on to pay the fees and provided other documents.
The scholarship being referred to was a from my first degree and I clearly stated I while uploading and was sent way before the request letter was issued. I sent it
as a proof because I mentioned in my application that I was a beneficiary of the scholarship and felt the need to include it.
Please I need advice as to how best to go about this situation.

Thanks
send them an email and explain this to them. Hopefully they will reopen ur file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 2:46am On Oct 26, 2017
dodoa:

14th September. So I don't need to write to cic that it has been done..just reach out to the hospital alone?
Tell them u already did one initially and send them the medical paper the clinic gave u after the Medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Shancca: 2:50am On Oct 26, 2017
Mikky4canny:
list of TRV hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed). APPROVED 08/06/2017
4. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May, APPROVED 11th July 2017

7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
9. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.DELAYED
10. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
11. Ibbravura, March 9, Masters applied computer science, Dalhousie university, Paper route, APPROVED on 25th July
12. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed. APPROVED on 06/07/2017
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Med&Evidence of fee Paymt rqt on 04/05. Med Passed on 15/05.APPROVED

20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route.....DELAYED May 2017
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Chonewillie, April 11, LLM, USask Paper Route, Medical mail 31/05, APPROVED on 04/07/2017
26. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05 APPROVED on 19/05/2017
27. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
28. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
29. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
30. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
31. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
32. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route MEDICAL REQUEST- PR and APPROVED ON 14/06/2017
33. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
34. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
35. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
36. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
37. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
38. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
39. Rocorleone, May 10, MASc, Paper ,Upfront Medicals
40. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
41. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
42. PureRuby May 12, Msc Geology, UWO,Paper route, Upfront medicals passed
43. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
44. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
45. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
46. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals
47. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online
48. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
49. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
50. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED
51. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
52. SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, May 31, MA, UNB, Paper Route
53. Igbouwanile, June 1, MA, UNB, Paper Route.
54. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
55. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
56. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
57. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
58. Maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route
59. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
60. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
61. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals
62. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals
63. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed
64. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed July 5th
65. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.
66.Ceslause, Submitted 18th April 2017,MA French and Francophone Intercultural Studies,Univ of Regina,Upfront Medical,Paper route
67. Yitodoo June 5th, Msc, WLU online route app, Upfront Medical
68. Mabs16, July 4, UG, MRU, Paper route.
69. DereI, April 28, PDD - Camosun College, Paper RouteDELAYED July 2017
70. Yomalicious June 19th PGD McGill paper route. Upfront medicals [color=#990000][/color]Delayed August 3
71. Jahluv, 23 June,Msc MUN paper route, no upfront medical
72. Grace101, July 12 UG, upei Paper Route
73. Mikky4canny, July 15th MSC, university of Regina, online route, upfront medical
74. Juicyboy126, may 9th, UNB MSC , computer science, paper route
75. Hallasheyi92, May 23rd, MAsc , MuN , online route
76. Jummolami , June 8, MSC Business economics, online route,upfront medical June 8, medical passed August 4
77. Moley22 August 4th,BSc Paper route,Biometrics done

More blessings to rain this month.. I applied to Dalhousie MASc Biological Engineering for winter 2018.. My application updates reads "decision made and written notification to follow" as it stands. I don't understand that definition.. Who has similar updates?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 3:34am On Oct 26, 2017
Shancca:

More blessings to rain this month.. I applied to Dalhousie MASc Biological Engineering for winter 2018.. My application updates reads "decision made and written notification to follow" as it stands. I don't understand that definition.. Who has similar updates?

Did you do upfront medical?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 4:33am On Oct 26, 2017
Arebo:

Kindly share your profile, this isn't about funds, I am trying to understand you because you still posted this month that you were just called for biometrics, and your gcms note arrived today....I don't get

I applied first week of September, few days later I was told to go for biometrics which I did on the 18th of Sept. Received a mail last week from cic to b patient saying no new update in my mail, until yesterday when I received a mail to check my cic acc for a message and they it was. The rejection letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 4:39am On Oct 26, 2017
matic12:

sorry about your refused application.. when did you apply?

First week in September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2017
OFFICIALAEL:

Just like the gurus have said, a sworn affidavit may not really have impact on your application as such, I want to believe it may not really have impact on future PR application.

Also, a TRV application is different from a PR application, I read somewhere on this group discussion that an applicant applied for TRV and PR and I think he was granted PR, I can really remember, but my point is this each application is unique, there are conditions that must be met in each for a successful response, if you're a TRV applicant, you're to proof be beyond doubt that you will return. It does not in any way affect the decision that will be made on your PR in case you decide to apply for a PR. I believe there are other factors a VO will look for when considering your application for PR in which returning may not be one of them.

So please, proof with all document you have (less sworn affidavit of return as advised by the guru) that you will return for now, when you get to the river of PR you will jump it... Good morning more testimony today...Ire o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by deratus: 7:41am On Oct 26, 2017
Omo guys una dey vex ohh.nobody wan even look my side since yesterday.please guys helpba brother.i wanna knw if its advisable to reapply and what i should do to address the issue.find below screen shot of the gcms note.please guys the said iv been refused visas when i have never applied for any visa before.this intl passport is even my 1st intl passport..
I studied b.tech environmental technology (Futo)
Sponsor is my uncle (fathers junr brother)
Paid full tuition.
Niagara college.
Uncles closing bal 15m cash inflow of abt 45m.guys ur candid advise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 7:44am On Oct 26, 2017
please gurus in the house help me. please I am using two sponsors for my application, for which both sponsors are giving me affidavit of support but do I have to mention I v a co-sponsor in each sponsor's affidavit letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 7:52am On Oct 26, 2017
please gurus in the house help me. please I am using two sponsors for my application, for which both sponsors are giving me affidavit of support but do I have to mention I v a co-sponsor in each sponsor's affidavit letter?
Igbouwanile:

Cant say if affidavit of return plays a great role, but I thought of adding it to mine, before I felt it was unnecessary & decided to free it, wit a convincing SOP u wud be fine, & do u mean telling VO u would be leaving to London to attend same program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nwebele: 8:02am On Oct 26, 2017
Hello everyone, I got my gcms notes yeaterday and it goes like this "40 year old married mother seeking SP attend a Law Clerk Program at Humber College. Financing from family business- funds seen and appear ok. PPT shows good travel history Personal finance appears modest PA is on a resident permit in ........ Application shows gap in work history and in education. Study plan suggests she is pursuing program to help with the business which they want to grow but the program is a Law Clerk one and not a business administration one Not satisfied with purpose and intent. Refused"

I have gained admission in my country of resident to do a PGD in Business Administration. But I still have my mind in Canada. Do you think I have chances if i apply for masters after my pgd? Because this VOs keep giving reasons. First was finance and personal asset. Now Purpose and intent

Nwebele:
Hello all,

I was denied canadian study visa twice this year and it was really disheartening. I got admission fro. Humber College to do a Diploma in Law Clerk. I actually wanted to do a PGD in Global Business Admin but they said i did not meet the requirements (I have an HND/Lower Credit in Secretarial Studies from the Polytechnic) I worked for a year after my Youth Service in 2002 and resigned in 2004 after marriage. My husband talked me into doint business. Finally, I ended up being a full time housewife in 2014 and since then, I have been feeling less relevant and wished I continued in the secular field. Now, I dont know how to go about fitting into the Nigerian working system, not that my cv is so enticing. I decided to tow the studying abroad lane to brush up myself.

I paid full tuition fees and submitted all documents including my husband's registered company where I am a director, copy of C of O, Sponsor Letter from Company, company statement of Account and joint personal accounts of my husband and I to show proof of funds. I filled that i have about 25k canadian dollars for my travel while the company wrote that they will sponsor me in subsewuent semesters .

First denial was for; insufficient financial resources to support my self and whoever accompanies me while sudying in canada and 2) Personal assets and financial status

I defered my admission and applied again. This time I had my own personal account with more than 23k dollars apart from school fees (company still undertaking to pay pocket money per semester), company account with 80k, I added my vehicle particulars and removed c of o. This time the only thing they ticked is Purpose of Visit

I dont know if it's theStatement of Purpose. I added it in my second application as adviced by a staff in VFS office but am not so sure it looks convincing as that was my first time of hearing about such document. Humber College refused to defer. They say I have to apply afresh through ontario colleges. I still have my eye on that canada thing (I hate the thought of failure). I called one travel consultand afterwards and he said i should give up. He said my age (40), my level of study chosen, my financial status all contributed. He said I should not bother reapplying.

Please dear all, do you think it is true? I should have applied for masters? Should I give up the dream as advised? Is there anything I should do to change my situation? Why did they write that i am free to rrapply if I can respond to these concerns and demonstrate that my situation meets the requirement? Please help a worried sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:34am On Oct 26, 2017
maygreaves:
Long Post Alert
Pre -application......The Most Critical stage.
August 2016

While at work i spoke to a colleague of my plans of going to the USA for my Masters, i finished with a 2:2 and had already gotten admission from a good school in Florida. However, she asked "why the US, why not Canada?" Prior to that question the only thing i knew about canada was they were above the USA, i had never thought about it and didnt even know why she asked. i replied saying "hellllooo....This is USA, land of milk and honey"....she laughed and told me to read this thread....funny enough, before then i had no idea what Nairaland was for, when doing research i see some posts but just didnt care about it

September 2016 - February 2016

Research!!!!
I work as an analyst of a consulting firm and research is my last name, so this was meant to be simple, but the information overload was something else. I got to this thread during Part 11, but i was just confused, very confused, so i went back to Part 1...but i realised that was just madness, so i started from 9 and read every single line, i didn't need to ask any question cuz someone will ask it, and the gurus will explain so well...every lunch break, in the toilet, before sleeping, after morning devotion, i always had a tab open on either a computer or my phone.

I knew it will be veryyyyy difficult to get a Masters degree with my grade, so i settled on a PGD, however this couldn't be any PGD, had to be from the best college, so half my time on Nairaland, the other on college rankings, reviews by students, different provinces (later realised Toronto was in Ontario lol), racism, banks, networks, basically everything all the way to the anthem "oh Canada".

Since i am in the finance sector it was definitely going to be in Ontario, regardless of the cost (i'm a firm believer in spending money to making money). So i had option with conestoga, centinniel, durham, algoquin, seneca, the whole lot really. And for me, i believed Seneca was the right step for me. My eventual goal was to get a masters degree, so the course didn't really matter to me, as long as it was finance related and a year long (don't have time to waste).

Application Stage
Finally Applied in February 2017 with a view of starting in September 2017, but i didnt get admission till end of april, i then used the whole of May to gather and prepare all my documents
The CIC forms
Uni Transcript
Uni certificate
NYSC Certificate
Sponsors account of $15,000, 9 million Naira (inflow outflow of over 300 million) and shares of 3 million
Landed property of 20 million
My CV
SOP of less than a page, just explaining the Value i can add to the classroom in canada, and the impact other classmates of various nationalities will have on me....it was a short sop, but showed passion to canada, passion to Nigeria and passion for self development and a bit of humour showing myself as what i really am, a fun humorous guy
Letter of admission...i even forgot to add the fact i paid for school fees
International Passport with proper travel history....Please and please under no conditions should you violate your visa to any country or overstay the normal duration
Please dont ask if i submitted anything else, such as police report and all.....i didn't....I figured if they want it, they can ask me, which was probably wrong, but why else should background check be so long if they are using the reports of our police eh

i submitted on the 7th of june, paper route and put it all in Gods hands. I was a bit scared because i didnt want a rejection,cuz i will need to always put it on every document that asks "have you ever been refused visa to any country" and i just couldn't be bothered thinking of that each time, but the faith and encouragement of families and friends made me so positive about the outcome (surround yourself with the right people....note: The right people don't always need to be optimists, but they should never be pessimists), though i was very very careful about becoming complacent and putting all my worries the Almighty God. Days becam weeks, weeks became months, doubts crept in, but my faith won't waver, people i applied before got their TRVs and resumed on time, but i kept telling myself @abiodune is there, you can't even start complaining, just be thankful.

In August i sent Cse's and emails, i got automated responses and after my resumption date passed i didn't bother..what will be, will be.
I focused on my career and development, and kept reading here, and chipping in tme from time, got encouraged by a few testimonies and i later got a request for new LOA, then medicals, then approval.

People say submit a tight application, but i will say, let yourself show through your application, be honest ALWAYS, show that even if you are denied, life will still go on for you, try to help others when you can (the sky is big enough). And just always remember....God wants the best for you, ad maybe at that period in time, you going to canada won't help you (during my stay from september till now, if i had gone, i realised i would have missed so many opportunities that came in a space of one month, so im grateful)...DONT LET CANADA BLOCK YOUR EYES FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES

Be safe.....NEWBIES READ UP ON VARIOUS POSTS BY MANY MANY OTHERS>>>>I CANNOT EMPHASISE THIS ENOUGH

@Maygreaves

Congratulations and nice write up i tap into your success please i am interested in how you drafted your SOP i will like to send you my SOP so you review i was delayed too recently for financial reasoned. Please i need your help i just sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Sir! As the gurus has advised previously, that submitting a sworn affidavit of your coming back to your home country after studies in Canada doesn't add anything to your profile, neither will it change the V.O mindset if they wants to deny visa.

Well, it's a self decision, if you wish to go by that route fine. But mind you, I don't think taking a sworn affidavit that impose your return after studies will bring a negative outcome on your PR application in nearest future.

Gurus your inputs will be highly appreciated.

You are absolutely correct. Sworn affidavit adds nothing to a person's profile. Anyone that used it and succeeded, it was not because of the sworn affidavit, it because the VO saw merits to his application. That said, been denied PR because of what was written in a SOP or affidavit makes no sense. The two relief forms are separate and apart and not meant to effect each other. Except in cases of misrepresentation, if you were banned for 5 years applying for visa and you run and apply for PR through EE, your ban carries over there too. No rest for the wicked, no hiding place for the transgressors.

But to be fair, the person said he was denied PGWP, not PR. There are numerous factors that can effect approval of PGWP. Like if you worked illegally more than 20 hours mandated by Canadian law, they could deny you relief when it comes to PGWP time. But even with PGWP, hardly do I see a correlation of denial because of what you have written in SOP swearing to return to your country. PGWP is only postgraduate work. You may still complete the PGWP and return back to your country. Nothing in conflict with your expressed intent of return initially in a SOP or affidavit. So that leads me to believe either this friend is lying or does not understand the real reason he was denied PGWP. I am reasonably confident it was not because of his SOP declaring that he will come back to his country! If this story is true, can he come here himself and ask and show evidence?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 8:59am On Oct 26, 2017
bbclue:
Please i want you to look very closely with your work experience.....to me i will say u should seat down and compare the two refusal reason...... analyse it.to your own understanding...and also did u attached your sibling birth certificates.to me o think your sop is not that strong

Thanks BB. In my first app I submitted a letter from the school where I tutored disabled students. The denial reasons didn't question my job relation to my intent. Only that I wanted to spend so much relocating to canada to study such a course whereas i could have studied in here.
In my second app I stated that I was married and I move to lagos to join hubby then got a job in a Centre that handles development of Disabled people. Three months into the job, I reapplied for visa. Stating in my SOP the importance of studying the course outside and why I chose a research based school in canada. The office also wrote a letter on my behalf. What else should I have added? I stated that after studies I ll come back to join my hubby cos marital responsibility awaits me. What else did I miss? Only for them to start telling me employment prospect and personal assets.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2017
someborry:
Got this yesterday, don't even know If I should repackage and fire again. Gurus pls advise.

Made 1st semester payment. Sponsor who is my sister has almost 9m in her account and provided letter of sponsorship. she is well travelled and we scrutinized the SOP together.

Pls advise
Exactly with mine and PhocusJosh. It's like they dish the same reasons to every Nigerian applicant. Sorry bro. If you mean business you gaht to repackage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Pls house, I need the $5 GCMS NOTES link. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dodoa: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2017
5454Darese:

Tell them u already did one initially and send them the medical paper the clinic gave u after the Medicals.

Thanks. Is there a way to upload again or any email address to send it to. The Hospital already confirmed to me that they sent it in September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 9:22am On Oct 26, 2017
please how much is the conversion rate you got?

Thank you so much i did form A today so am expecting it to go tru latest 48hrs... [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2017
mcobex:
Thanks dear. It's good you are back. It will surely get better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.