Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,230 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834077 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2017
maygreaves:
Lol, wanted to play it cool and casual like it was nothing and be like "TRV approved", but i know deep down this was really God. I'll update my documents shortly and for those still believing in your canadian dream, hold on to God tightly. It is well

Eyin awon toronto, I'm coming o

Big congratulations...... Hope for PGD after all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lexyril: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia:

No I didn't write IELTS. Check the admission requirements for international students. All the information you need are there.

Thanks man.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prof1999(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yes he can process the Canadian visa from South Africa if he has a student visa or permanent residency while in South Africa. It is a smart move because visas applications made outside of Nigeria are more earsier. Ghana places draconian rules on Nigerian applicants because they are conversant with so much of the tricks and deception Nigerians have used in the past and they are not so disposed to favor us more often than not.
THANKS BOSS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello house please who knows the sequence in which cic updates the applicants profile ...
which comes first background check or eligibility review... what stage is eligibility review in the whole process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
maygreaves:
Lol, wanted to play it cool and casual like it was nothing and be like "TRV approved", but i know deep down this was really God. I'll update my documents shortly and for those still believing in your canadian dream, hold on to God tightly. It is well

Eyin awon toronto, I'm coming o

Congrats man! You off to Seneca? See you in January!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
How long do i have to wait before i can link my paper application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
glam4444:

Lol..Datz d new normals .
U don't ve any problem bro. Itx normal .
Atimes dey don't update dat part. The Syd u should focus more is ur background check,medicals, review of eligibility,application status nd final decision.
Gudluck in application bro.

Hello house please who knows the sequence in which cic updates the applicants profile ...
which comes first background check or eligibility review... what stage is eligibility review in the whole process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Good afternoon family, I got denied yesterday the 2nd time.

Undergraduate degree - Communication and Language Art, Upper Division U.I
M.A- Disability Studies, University of Manitoba.
$5,400 CAD funding.

First Application 11th May, 2017 online route
I submitted all documents including letter of employment and introduction letter from a private secondary school where I tutor disabled students.
Sponsorship: Br - In-law with $34k CAD
No personal assets cos I just finished NYSC
Denial reasons: Purpose of visit, Travel history.

I ordered GCMS NOTES which questioned my reason for studying such a course in Canada bearing the high cost of relocation. Also that I have limited hometies: single with no child. I haven't traveled to Canada before.

Second Application 8th of September, 2017. Online route.
Deferred my admission and I tackled GCMS NOTES by including my marriage certificate and change of name( Got married in June after my first application). Hubby's letter of employment, ID cards and pay slips including letter of consent.
Sponsor paid $2000 part tuition. I submitted new letter of appointment and introduction letter from my new job here in lagos. No payslip and no personal assets.
Got denied again 24th October. Reasons; Purpose of visit, employement prospect, current employment situation in country of residence and no personal assets.

I feel so bad to be honest. I tried all I could to address previous denial. All to no avail. I don't know how God gave me Masters admission with funding yet no visa to resume. I had already deferred admission from Fall to January Winter.

Pls I need your help family. Whether to let this go or to try again. If Canada doesn't want people to come and study they should stop offering high-hope admissions. It's seriously unfair. PhocusJosh and I applied with 2 days interval. We were both offered the same refusal at the same time with the same reasons. The correspondence letter appeared like automated messages to me. It's like it's the same VO who attended to us both. He didn't even scrutinize it thoroughly - just dished the messages out.

I'm sorry for the long post. It hurts though!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
abestine:

The last time I checked the definition of affidavit this is what I saw

a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation, for use as evidence in court.

So calling it an affidavit should tell you that unless you take it to court for stamping and documentation it isn't an affidavit.

What I posted isn't SOP... Ire o

If this really works, everybody will be submitting an affidavit swearing to come back to meet the home tie requirement. That is not how it works. Canadian immigration law want you to show real tangible home ties to meet such requirement, not statement of oath. You have to show real home ties, family, employment, substantial social and professional ties that will induce you return to homeland or anywhere as a matter of fact outside of Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hamddy: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
I just started the process all over and I was patient for the page to load by itself after inputting my details and submitting it told me that it found my application then I clicked on link my application.

If it goes through it will tell you that the linking was successful then you would get an email that you have linked your application. You will then be able to check your application status.

Let me know how it goes sorry for the delay.

Okeosisi11:
what actually did you do differently now to get it done. you can write me to my email glozzy12346@yahoo.com. can i have your mobile.
thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
OmalichaUC:

$5,400 CAD funding.

I submitted all documents including letter of employment and introduction letter from a private secondary school where I tutor disabled students.

I ordered GCMS NOTES which questioned my reason for studying such a course in Canada bearing the high cost of relocation. Also that I have limited hometies: single with no child. I haven't traveled to Canada before.

Deferred my admission and I tackled GCMS NOTES by including my marriage certificate and change of name( Got married in June after my first application). Hubby's letter of employment, ID cards and pay slips including letter of consent.
Sponsor paid $2000 part tuition. I submitted new letter of appointment and introduction letter from my new job here in lagos. No payslip and no personal assets.
Got denied again 24th October. Reasons; Purpose of visit, employement prospect, current employment situation in country of residence and no personal assets.

I feel so bad to be honest. I tried all I could to address previous denial. All to no avail. I don't know how God gave me Masters admission with funding yet no visa to resume. I had already deferred admission from Fall to January Winter.

Pls I need your help family. Whether to let this go or to try again. If Canada doesn't want people to come and study they should stop offering high-hope admissions. It's seriously unfair. PhocusJosh and I applied with 2 days interval. We were both offered the same refusal at the same time with the same reasons. The correspondence letter appeared like automated messages to me. It's like it's the same VO who attended to us both. He didn't even scrutinize it thoroughly - just dished the messages out.

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Please apply again a third time and see. Defer to fall term. Meanwhile, I will suggest you have a plan B. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. USA student visa is not unnecessarily stringent like Canada. A lot of schools give out scholarship to internationals. Many German universities are free by and large. But you have to spend one year in a crash German language class before starting. Australia is good too. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Please apply again a third time and see. Defer to fall term. Meanwhile, I will suggest you have a plan B. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. USA student visa is not unnecessarily stringent like Canada. A lot of schools give out scholarship to internationals. Many German universities are free by and large. But you have to spend one year in a crash German language class before starting. Australia is good too. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot Jeremy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bukanol: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
house please I was advised here to order for my gcms notes that it will make CIC to process my application as I applied since May.please I need more response as someone said that I should wait since my background check just recently changed to not applicable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If this really works, everybody will be submitting an affidavit swearing to come back to meet the home tie requirement. That is not how it works. Canadian immigration law want you to show real tangible home ties to meet such requirement, not statement of oath. You have to show real home ties, family, employment, substantial social and professional ties that will induce you return to homeland or anywhere as a matter of fact outside of Canada.

Not everybody have most of the required things that could validate/proof that an application will return. That's why the addition of an affidavit isn't a bad idea.

I added it to my documents and it worked for me, more reason for sharing. However point taken... Ire o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
OmalichaUC:

$5,400 CAD funding.

What? cry OmalichaUC I'm very sorry to hear your visa got refused for the second time. I remember vividly when you told me you will be submitting and how best you have tackled your previous refusal.

All hope is not lost dear, Be strong and have faith in God. I'll advice you try again for the very last time. Now, I can see that canadian visa is turning into a raffle draw game(Game of luck). Nevethless, God will see us through. Amen!

Regards,
Frank!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
abestine:

The last time I checked the definition of affidavit this is what I saw

a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation, for use as evidence in court.

So calling it an affidavit should tell you that unless you take it to court for stamping and documentation it isn't an affidavit.

What I posted isn't SOP... Ire o

Sorry boss, in my opinion, affidavit has no effect on the approval of TRV. Like what @jnyuwa said, if it does everyone would be out of Nigeria by now.
If you decide not to come back, who will be help liable? the court or the person that signed the said affidavit?

To everyone that is yet to apply.

The Onus is on you to prove to the VO that you are indeed a viable candidate worth allowing into their country.

Lets look at it from this point.

After looking at your documents, would you give yourself VISA. Until you as an applicant are able to answer this question genuinely, hold off on submitting your application.

It is true that the VOs tend to act in a way that no one understands but if you do your part diligently, you should be able to scale through.

Instead of giving the VOs room to refuse you, it is better you give them room to fight for you.

Another point of looking at it is, ask yourself what you intend to gain by studying in Canada (apart from running out of Nigeria)? That should be the most important question. If you can answer this question too genuinely, then you should be able to convince any VO.

You do not need tonnes of documents to convince anyone. All you need is the proper motivation that would make you present your case in a more realistic way.

To the newbies

Please I beg you, take your time to read. We have lots of information now than last year. All you need to do is read past threads, make google your best friend. No one here can tell you which university to apply to or which university is cheap because nobody knows. However, if you use google, you will always get the answers you want. Recent comments and questions already have answers in previous posts, please go through them and read. This is the time to make google and other search engines your best friend.

To the I am asking on behalf of my friend crew

It is better you ask your friends to come to nairaland and seek the answers to their questions themselves. Heck, I have friends who are not members of niaraland but are silent readers who gained a lot from questions and experiences here. Please tell them that joining nairaland is free and if they feel they cant join, tell them that reading information on nairaland is free too. Either way it is a win win for them.

To those who already submitted
We are rooting for you guys. It will end in praises.

To the approved

Congrats to you. Remember, when coming, come with my garri.

It will end in praises...

Peace

PS

I might not be able to respond to PMs on time due to deadlines, but should you have any question, please ask here so that others can help you out. Moreover, this gives people the chance to learn from your experience too.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
OmalichaUC:

$5,400 CAD funding.

So sorry for the refusal....i think that was what poschjosh was telling me about your refusal....just take it easy....it is well.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

What? cry OmalichaUC I'm very sorry to hear your visa got refused for the second time. I remember vividly when you told me you will be submitting and how best you have tackled your previous refusal.

All hope is not lost dear, Be strong and have faith in God. I'll advice you try again for the very last time. Now, I can see that canadian visa is turning into a raffle draw game(Game of luck). Nevethless, God will see us through. Amen!

Regards,
Frank!
Thanks Frank dear. Yours shall turn out positive by God's Grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
bbclue:

So sorry for the refusal....i think that was what poschjosh was telling me about your refusal....just take it easy....it is well.....
Yes dear, I really appreciate it. PhocusJosh and I have been dependable companions to each other. God will help us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by itengr(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
Anyone to avail pls ?
itengr:
Hello Guys,

i have linked my paper application to an online account, but keep getting this message even after it was updated;
Notification Information
Complete the following information so we can send you an email if there is an update to your application or message in your account.

pls is this normal ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
abestine:

Not everybody have most of the required things that could validate/proof that an application will return. That's why the addition of an affidavit isn't a bad idea.

I added it to my documents and it worked for me, more reason for sharing. However point taken... Ire o
I don't believe that the affidavit ever works. VOs are definitely not stupid, knowing that these affidavits are created out of desperation to escape Nigeria. I'm happy that your application got approved, but it likely wasn't because of the affidavit.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
There's been so many recently denied applicants asking how to tackle their reasons for refusal.
Read the thread. I can't say this enough. I don't think there's any new thing many of the gurus here can say that they haven't said already.

Read the thread. Read from page 0 of Part 13, for instance. If you've been denied before, read at least two parts. Read the posts of people like @maziude, @austinpee, me, @ayooluwatoni @onyeoma3, @Team12, @osemigho, @yemdogg, and many more.

I personally don't understand how someone can say they really want to get a TRV but they aren't at all motivated to read the thread. This is extremely contradictory. For newbies too, read the thread.

I second @maziude's post above so strongly. Getting a TRV isn't magic, though it may appear so. There is a method to CIC's madness, guys; you need to demystify it and your probability of approval goes up significantly. But you have to not be lazy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Please apply again a third time and see. Defer to fall term. Meanwhile, I will suggest you have a plan B. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. USA student visa is not unnecessarily stringent like Canada. A lot of schools give out scholarship to internationals. Many German universities are free by and large. B[b]ut you have to spend one year in a crash German language class before starting[/b]. Australia is good too. Best of luck.
I like your advice that applicants shouldn't put their eggs in one basket, particularly those that are complex applicants and those denied at least twice. Those who really really wanna get out of Naija asap should definitely also apply to another country like Germany. Or Ireland. Getting a work permit and then PR in these countries after schooling is similar to Canada.

Per Gemany, many MSc programs in there are taught in English and you are absolutely not required to spend one year in a crash course in German before starting. [url=daad.de/international-programs]daad.de/international-programs[/url] and the Nairaland German Student visa thread are gems full of information.

For Ireland, view this previous post of mine.
Also international students can work while school is in session.
Read more here about working in Ireland after your studies.

cc: OmalichaUC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
val4o:

Please Gurus in the house am about to apply for my student visa through paper route. I have all the documents i need. My aunt in my sponsor.please could you tell me how I go about this, do I need to download the form online and fill them submit with my documents as I feel it is? Plus which is faster , online or paper route? Plus could you state the basic requirements for my visa application , I am working, now plus my aunt that is sponsoring me has a business. I will really appreciate a good feedback from all the gurus here.

Hello house no one seemed to have replied this message.this fella asking this is new eventhough situations like this has been treated in the past but still needs your help.please some of be Should please help out.the email address to reach out to is valenchigozie@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
abestine:

Sorry for the delay, God will grant you favour in your next application.
The first thing you need to do now is apply for deferral to the next available admission session (Fall) except if you want to risk reapplying immediately which I won't advice you do due to time.

Share the documents you submitted and your timeline so gurus can advice you on how to put in a more roboust application.

Lastly, apply for your GCMS file... Ire o

Please what does GCMS mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dodoa: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,

I just got a notification to take my medicals but I already had upfront medicals done.What do I need to do?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
thesoj:

I like your advice that applicants shouldn't put their eggs in one basket, particularly those that are complex applicants and those denied at least twice. Those who really really wanna get out of Naija asap should definitely also apply to another country like Germany. Or Ireland. Getting a work permit and then PR in these countries after schooling is similar to Canada.

Per Gemany, many MSc programs in there are taught in English and you are absolutely not required to spend one year in a crash course in German before starting. [url=daad.de/international-programs]daad.de/international-programs[/url] and the Nairaland German Student visa thread are gems full of information.

For Ireland, view this previous post of mine.
Also international students can work while school is in session.
Read more here about working in Ireland after your studies.

cc: OmalichaUC

Hey TheSoj, I have looked at some schools in Germany as plan B for myself and others I am helping. Almost all absolutely want one to demonstrate proficiency in German and if one can't, they have referred me to certain German schools ranging anywhere from 6-months to one year crash course of learning to speak and write German as a prerequisite for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by deratus: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
My fellow canadian hopefuls and those already flexing canny. I bring greetings to you all.my gcms notes have arrived and i screen shot the page where the details of reason for refusal was explained. Please gurus and non gurus (everybody ���)pls help your brother.every advice is welcomed.my profile is below
B.tech environmental technology (FUTO).sponsor is my uncle(fathers brother and i have birth certs to show the family tree). My uncle's statement of account closing balance 15mil has inflow of 45mil.
School niagara college.paid full tuition,these are the basic info

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
dodoa:
Hello gurus in the house,

I just got a notification to take my medicals but I already had upfront medicals done.What do I need to do?

Thanks.

congrats.... when did you apply?
Since, you have done an upfront medical before, try contact the hospital to resend the result of your medicals to cic......

once again, congrats....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Hey TheSoj, I have looked at some schools in Germany as plan B for myself and others I am helping. Almost all absolutely want one to demonstrate proficiency in German and if one can't, they have referred me to certain German schools ranging anywhere from 6-months to one year crash course of learning to speak and write German as a prerequisite for admission.
Hey bro, click on the daad.de link and search for programs and you'll see that many MSc programs are offered in English, exclusively. You can filter your search to only programs offered in English. For programs offered in German however, yes one would need to learn German.

Hop over to the Nairaland German Student Visa thread and you'll see that most of the applicants start MSc programs without having to do a year of German. As a back up plan, my bro (who is now in Canada) did get an MSc admission to an english-based computer science Masters in Germany. He ended up going to Canada when that visa arrived a week before he was supposed to go to the German Embassy.

By the way, those who go to Germany still have to learn basic to intermediate German at some point, at least to integrate well or get a good job. But many on the German thread who are now in Germany say they love Germany.

I also have a few American friends who have moved to Germany and have loved it. But what I consistently hear is that the western part of Germany (old West Germany) is more conducive (more people speak English, lots of jobs, less racism, etc) compared to eastern Germany (old East Germany, with the exception of Berlin).

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.