Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (831110 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

They don't, because there are multitudes of applications to review. Perhaps, I have used a case scenario where an applicant lied abt their previous sponspor (using Maternal, paternal, Nephew etc... as sponsor) and on the new application the applicant decides to change sponspor to someone else with different name and got approved.

Well, I'll still make more research regarding this.

I actually didn’t expect that from you. Canadian embassy is not in a hurry to process your application. Honestly we should try not to give people false hope as we try to answer questions here.

Changing sponsor is not a crime, editing your CV or employment letter to add information that wasn’t there before is a crime.

Embassies keep records, how often they check those records is what we don’t know.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cuteesthy(f): 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
adesbaba:
FAMILY

Please i want to ask two questions for clarification.

1.With a 1 year pgd accounting can i further my studies to masters in canada immediAtely after college without coming to Nigeria to apply again,i have 2;2 real dream is actually MSc.

2.How easy is to get a PR with a 1 year programme,what steps should i work towards plsssssssssss?

Success to my families in Canny and trv hopefuls
Am in the same shoe with u here, somebody pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Your benevolent words melts the heart of this great forum. I appreciate your kind gesture. Thank you Ma!

Franky thank u so much for being there for us. Always right on time. A Very articulate and helpful person you've been! May God bless you accordingly+ Trv fall on u with ease!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Dear gurus,

I was denied last year, Reason: PURPOSE OF VISIT.

I will really appreciate your input in reviewing my SOP as I am preparing to reapply.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
honeyscottage:
Dear gurus,

I will really appreciate your input in reviewing my SOP as I am preparing to reapply.

Thank you.

Did you request for the GCMS note?

you need to share your profile.

what program, course did you apply to?

what's your previous academic qualifications and is it related to the field you're applying to in Canada?

do you have related work experience to the program you're going for?

Just paint a clearer picture of yourself so the house can know how best to advise you. you can also order your GCMS note, if you've not.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
Thanks Boss

Frankrobbn1:

Josh1996,

Don't misinterpret it okay. On this forum, I have seen several 1 year program applicants getting their visa. But ever since this year, the Visa officers have this mindset that most applicants applying with a 1 year program is using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada.
So therefore, for such application to scale through you need to provide a rational explanation to why you are going for a year program in Canada, that's where length of stay in Canada comes into questioning. Thus, to jump all this hurdles of providing a convincing SOP, it's better you get a 2 years program preferably.

Hope is understood.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by penitential(m): 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
honeyscottage:
Dear gurus,

Thank you.

Share your profile brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
sleekysoft:
I wanted to reply that dudes comment but will go out to cuss or used illicit words.. this is why we don't progress as a country. someone takes out his own time to help look for solutions to issues and the next thing is to throw insults, shades and bants.. we all bound to make mistakes and when we do correct in love and understand is the solution... FRankrobbn,Jyunwa, wealth360, and the gurus have help so many TRVs applicants than the president has helped them. Bless you Bros..Never stop doing what you love doing your reward is with the Lord.. bless you bountifully

Sleekysoft,
Thank you boss!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PayBoyXclusives(m): 7:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
Please I need an information on this, I applied into one of the universities in Ontario CA, paid my application fee and I got an admission, they asked me to pay 1000CAD when submitting my acceptance form via email before proceeding to apply for my study permit visa, I already paid the $1000 CAD, submitted my acceptance letter and now all my documents are set to be submitted to the embassy for my visa but I want to know if the $1000 CAD I paid is part of my tuition fees and if I will pay my school fees when I arrive Canada?

School fees is about $15,000 CAD for 4 month term. Am I paying that money when I arrive Canada or am I paying another fee here after paying the $1000 CAD. Although am suppose to submit my documents for visa on 20th of February according to the embassy deadline because my resumption is May 2018.

Please Note: I am a Nigerian but I am not applying and submitting in Nigeria for my visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
PayBoyXclusives:
Please I need an information on this, I applied into one of the universities in Ontario CA, paid my application fee and I got an admission, they asked me to pay 1000CAD when submitting my acceptance form via email before proceeding to apply for my study permit visa, I already paid the $1000 CAD, submitted my acceptance letter and now all my documents are set to be submitted to the embassy for my visa but I want to know if the $1000 CAD I paid is part of my tuition fees and if I will pay my school fees when I arrive Canada?

School fees is about $15,000 CAD for 4 month term. Am I paying that money when I arrive Canada or am I paying another fee here after paying the $1000 CAD. Although am suppose to submit my documents for visa on 20th of February according to the embassy deadline because my resumption is May 2018.

Please Note: I am a Nigerian but I am not applying and submitting in Nigeria for my visa

What's your status in your country of application?

if you're in the country as a tourist or visitor, kindly return to Nigeria to apply.

Paying for your tuition before submitting your visa application is not mandatory but it shows commitment. I would advise you make the payment if possible. If it's not, just ensure the money is in your account and not your sponsors account.

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PayBoyXclusives(m): 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
WEIRDPC:

What's your status in your country of application?

if you're in the country as a tourist or visitor, kindly return to Nigeria to apply.

Paying for your tuition before submitting your visa application is not mandatory but it shows commitment. I would advise you make the payment if possible. If it's not, just ensure the money is in your account and not your sponsors account.

Best wishes.

I have resident card in my country of application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
hello house !what is the exchange rate from CAD to naira now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
bimbodelebite:
rate is 286
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
penitential:

Share your profile brother.
pGD of Masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2018
Asapant:
pGD of Masters ?
PGD or masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akfakorede(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
Can one go to canada 2months before school resumes?
@WEIRDPC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
Asapant:
rate is 286
bimbodelebite:

You won't get the Canadian dollar at 286 naira to a dollar. it will probably exchange for 300 naira or more in most banks.

My advice for you, if you're planning to get dollars for school fees or travel stipend , is to exchange the naira to US dollar at CBN rate in any commercial bank. When you get to Canada, you can change it to Canadian dollars.

There are some procedures to get the US Dollars at CBN rate,

Your ticket, Study permit and admission letter

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
Akfakorede:
Can one go to canada 2months before school resumes?
@WEIRDPC

Why would you want to go so soon?

Do you have any valid reason? something good enough to convince the Border officer.

In my own opinion, you won't be allowed at the point of entry.

I wouldn't even want to go that early considering the cost. You can not use your study permit to work till school resumes also.

2 months to acclimatize with the weather or environment is not good enough reason

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akfakorede(m): 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Why would you want to go so soon?

Do you have any valid reason? something good enough to convince the Border officer.

In my own opinion, you won't be allowed at the point of entry.

I wouldn't even want to go that early considering the cost. You can not use your study permit to work till school resumes also.

2 months to acclimatize with the weather or environment is not good enough reason

OK... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MizempreZ: 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hey everyone...

I need advice n help, please.
I want to use my uncle as my sponsor, my mother's elder brother... What n what is required to be done.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cardinal1: 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hello house! I really appreciate the good work being done on this forum and the selfless disposition of many of the gurus in the house.
Please I have a challenge and would require your assistance. I am applying for MPH at memorial university for Fall resumption. My challenge is that the ongoing NASU strike is preventing my sending of my transcript to the university and I am not in possession of any unofficial transcript.
Please house I would appreciate advice on how to get around this situation as i believe some other people applying also face it. The deadline for my application is 1st of March
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
MizempreZ:
Hey everyone...

I need advice n help, please.
I want to use my uncle as my sponsor, my mother's elder brother... What n what is required to be done.
Thanks

MizempreZ
To show proof of relationship with your uncle:
Get your mom marriage certificate and your uncle birth certificates, international passport bio data page.

Prove of financial commitment :
Let your uncle pay your full tuition and transfer living expenses to your account.

This is what you need for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2018
shaddy1k

Sorry for the outcome of your application.
Please order for your GCMS Note prior reapplying for your visa.
Meanwhile use the below link which points clearly at your refusal grounds to prepare your application before the arrival of your GCMS/CAIPS file.

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

I can see you intend submitting your uncle 3 months bank statements, please don't ever try such. As what is required by the Canadian embassy is 6 months bank statement, so have that at the back of your mind.
Since you said you only have funds for your tuition and you don't have funds for your living expenses. Yes! Go ahead and pay your full tuition, let your sponsor write a convincing Letter of support that he has gone ahead to complete your full tuition and your living expenses of 10kCAD is readily available in his account and will be given to you once your TRV is approved.

Also note that it's not as easy as you think in Canada, travelling all the way from Nigeria to Canada without living expenses is really messed up. And there are no guarantees that you will get a part-time jobs to cater for yourself once you arrive Canada. Securing a job in Canada is not a child's play. So please try as much as possible to get funds available for your living expenses before you travel to Canada, so you don't pass through hell while in canny.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:14am On Feb 19, 2018
Hello Forum!

I'm sorry to say this today, I no longer accept Pm's. Please if you know you PMed me and did not get a response from me, don't be offended.
I did this for the sake of this great forum, If you continue asking me questions outside this forum and I am giving answers to them, I am not doing good to the forum. What will be the fate of intending applicants and people of the same situation like you, how would they learn from it.

Please and please kindly ask your questions here so that the gurus can input their suggestions or better still quote my post I'll respond to your questions accordingly.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this might cause. It will end in praises.
Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IstandWitBuhari: 1:09am On Feb 19, 2018
@zan1999 Thanks Boss for this information, please Sir, I received a half tuition waiver for PhD studies from my Supervisor in Canada. Now, I applied for Ptdf scholarship but it seems this years ptdf scholarship is restricted to China, Germany, France.
My dream Country is Canada and I already have a supervisor whom I have been in constant communication with for 6months now. My admission letter will be out soon by the grace of God.
Please what do you suggest I do, is it possible to use my half tuition waived Admission letter to my advantage to secure the Ptdf scholarship and still go to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by big2undey: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2018
Hello, please I need your urgent reply, I'm a university graduate and ive applied for a admission in a Canada college, and I've been given admission.
First Question : How will I apply for study permit ? Online or Paper ? If paper, please where is the location of visa centre here in Lagos ?

Second Question : How will I write my letter of explanation ? Should it be written or typed ?

Awaits your answers soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 10:22am On Feb 19, 2018
big2undey:
Hello, please I need your urgent reply, I'm a university graduate and ive applied for a admission in a Canada college, and I've been given admission.
First Question : How will I apply for study permit ? Online or Paper ? If paper, please where is the location of visa centre here in Lagos ?

Second Question : How will I write my letter of explanation ?

Awaits your answers soonest.

Return to page 0 if this thread!
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hotcakept2: 10:33am On Feb 19, 2018
@maygreaves i need your help urgently.....please ooooooo follow back so i can send you a message. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 10:39am On Feb 19, 2018
Moley22:

Return to page 0 if this thread!
Goodluck!
go through previous threads
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 10:46am On Feb 19, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

gbemiigbal,

You have to be excerise patience okay, most of these supervisors don't like applicant bombarding them with mails upon mails.
Great! You have gotten acceptance from Uwinnipeg, and there is a career progression. Please don't do the mistake of letting the visa officer know that you're using this PGD as a pathway to your masters in Canada. They will tag you as not a genuine student that will over stay his visa in Canada.

Was your CGPA up to the minimum requirement for Canadian universities? (2.1). If your CGPA is okay, please i advise you stick for a Masters program than a PGD.

I will wait for my Masters letter of offer oh. I gat no choice. My CGPa was 3.45.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2018
Like this post if you are patiently awaiting your university admission application decision, quote with the name of the university.

Mine are MUN (submitted application 30th November) and UNB (submitted application 9th November).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2018
gbemiigbal:

I will wait for my Masters letter of offer oh. I gat no choice. My CGPa was 3.45.
hello good people. Pls I need you advice. I graduated with 2.62/4.00. Am i good to go with masters in public relations ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.