Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,195 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (847065 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

No Boss. Currently on visa process now.

that's good.. Good news by God's grace PGD or masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

No Boss. Currently on visa process now.

that's good .. Wishing You Good news ahead concerning ur Visa. If I may ask. pGD or masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
MICHV1:
The humble return of MICHV... for those who could recognize my moniker!!!

TRV Doctor..... Sacrificial Lamb !!! I will be back with full update and to give the hopeless, hope!

On this thread I started my journey and on this thread I ll come to give back and convert and win souls

Of course yes the bold made me to remember you MichV.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Guys.. I Graduated from Houdegbe North American University, Benin Republic. I guess I shouldn't have issue concerning Travel history ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65366410]

Prudento,

No! If you wish you can complete upfront medicals and attach the E-medicals slip to your application. Upfront medicals helps in faster processing of your visa. So, if you do not undergo an upront medicals then you have to wait for CIC to instruct you to complete medicals, when such notification comes from CIC then it's a sign of success/visa approval. [/quote

What if you're doing paper application through Visa Application Center. Do you still need an upfront medical certificate?
What's the typical duration before someone is invited for a medical exam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Asapant:
Guys.. I Graduated from Houdegbe North American University, Benin Republic. I guess I shouldn't have issue concerning Travel history ...

Travel history is not a factual reason for visa refusal. Do your best by tackling other related refusal grounds not TRAVEL HISTORY. Moreover, having a Benin Republic visa is as good as not having Travel history at all, because the Visa don't count. A good travel history are European countries, Australia, North America, America etc...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
= Prudento

As i said earlier, Doing upfront medicals is not compulsory whether paper route or online route. It only helps in fastening the visa process and nothing more.

The duration before cic will request for medicals - That we don't have answers to.
If your application is successfully reviewed you will be called to complete a medical test.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
MICHV1:

TRV Doctor..... Sacrificial Lamb!!! I will be back with full update and to give the hopeless, hope!

Welcome back! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Doraries: 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for your candid advice!
God bless you real good

Frankrobbn1:

Doraries,

Option 1-) If you've so much interest in this program PROJECT MANAGEMENT, having an MBA in Uk. I best suggest you go for a Phd. I'll like to also let you know that there are PhD students here in person of MAZI (Maziude) who is already in Canada, you can possibly Pm him and get informations from him and Silk07 who is presently active on this great forum. The both of them can be of paramount assistance in proof reading your letters and securing funding for you.

Option 2-) Go for another Masters degree in project management in Canada and don't disclose it to CIC that you already have an MBA in UK. This will also fly.

The above are my two opinions. As for the PGD, Its not a welcome idea.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SamReinvented: 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
MICHV1:

TRV Doctor..... Sacrificial Lamb!!! I will be back with full update and to give the hopeless, hope!

On this thread I started my journey and on this thread I ll come to give back and convert and win souls

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 10:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
Do I need to submit NYSC certificate as part of my application for visa ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
Dear house,

Please Can I do my medical after submitting my application. Or should I do the medical before submitting my application.

Moreso is police report mandatory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Asapant:

Asapant, leave me abeg u this cotonuo man. I no fit laff! *funny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 12:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Meanwhile, Lovely Sunday to all trv hopefuls. It will end in praise
Don't stress to much, eat and rest...don't think too much, do the needful. You are still in naija oo, beware of memory loss too.hhahaha! If u need help speak up don't assume we are here to help each other. Most of all; put God first! He's the deal sealer.

My Frankrobbn1, Jeremy, mcobex, wealth 360, Chucks, Sleekysoft, and others that have been of tremendous help here Something big is coming your way,wait on it!
MICHVI welcome back the conversation is necessary abeg.

One love#

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 12:22am On Feb 26, 2018
Asapant:
Do I need to submit NYSC certificate as part of my application for visa ??

Yes if u have it submit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by drdamy(m): 12:29am On Feb 26, 2018
AM ABOUT TO SUBMIT MY visa APPLICATION..northern alberta institute of technology ..sept 2018 intake......

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:33am On Feb 26, 2018
MICHV1:

Welcome back our sacrificial lamb. But for you, I would have gone to Cameroun to apply for TRV in order to circumvent the long waiting processing time in Nigeria and I would have been denied because of ''status in country of residence.''

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:40am On Feb 26, 2018
Prudento:

Please do you have to wait until you're instructed by the vfs before doing medical test?

I always advice applicants to wait until CIC calls them to do medicals. That way you don't spend your hard earned money doing medicals when you are not going to be approved for TRV. If you wait however for them to call you for medicals, it does not guarantee that you are going to be approved, but chances are very likely that your TRV is on the way!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aamstih: 2:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Which session are you targeting and how about if you mail the admissions committee of her prospective department.

Josh121:
Please Frankrobbn can 3.1 cgpa in final 2 years fly for master in university of saskatchewan. the are requesting
A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% . Please help I want to start process for my wife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Laurel10: 4:05am On Feb 26, 2018
Please house I will be writing TOEFL on the 10th of March and I'm registering through this people B.YMafit Center, they it's stated they have their office in Abuja but I'm in Lags, I'm want to register with them cos they're running a promo at a reduced price of #40,000.

Please I want to know if they're very legit before I pay on Monday. Is there anyone who knows about them?

Secondly, please I need guidance with the registration and actual exam. Your info and advice will be highly appreciated.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Doraries: 7:13am On Feb 26, 2018
Really appreciate the good work you're doing on here Slik07, God's blessings all the way! Please I would like to get your opinion on some issues that I'm concerned about...

1. Do I require GRE or any test to get a PhD funding in Canada?
2. Can I easily get a PhD supervisor before applying because it looks like it's really difficult when you're not on ground?
3. Do you know of any Uni that admits for January 2019 cos Sept 2019 is way too far?

....And Please what's the new immigration law in the UK?
Your candid advice will be highly appreciated.
Cheers

Slik07:

You dont need to have a second thought. Your visa will definitely be approved any moment from now as you applied since Nov. PhD applicants dont have too much wahala.

For the new immigration law in the UK, if you still want to go there, it's not late. To get a UK offer can take between 2-4 weeks if you've funding. And you dont pay any processing fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2018
Laurel10:
Please house I will be writing TOEFL on the 10th of March and I'm registering through this people B.YMafit Center, they it's stated they have their office in Abuja but I'm in Lags, I'm want to register with them cos they're running a promo at a reduced price of #40,000.

Please I want to know if they're very legit before I pay on Monday. Is there anyone who knows about them?

Secondly, please I need guidance with the registration and actual exam. Your info and advice will be highly appreciated.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

What institution are you heading to in Canada? Did the institution ask you to complete an English test bearing that you are coming from an English speaking country?
English language proficiency requirement is always waived for Nigerian students. So check properly in order not to waste your money for TOEFL IBT.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2018
Doraries:
Really appreciate the good work you're doing on here Slik07, God's blessings all the way! Please I would like to get your opinion on some issues that I'm concerned about...

1. Do I require GRE or any test to get a PhD funding in Canada?
2. Can I easily get a PhD supervisor before applying because it looks like it's really difficult when you're not on ground?
3. Do you know of any Uni that admits for January 2019 cos Sept 2019 is way too far?

....And Please what's the new immigration law in the UK?
Your candid advice will be highly appreciated.
Cheers

1. No. You dont need GRE for PhD admission. It's mostly MBA admission that requires GMAT/GRE. What'll boost your chances is to publish paper(s) on an impact factor-based journal. That paper stands as your research experience and capabilities. If you've not published any paper, dont stress yourself. You can still get PhD offer without it. Most schools in Canada offer funding for PhD especially Engineering students. A school with low budget as MUN offers minimum of CAD$19, 000 for PhD engineering students and CAD$16, 000 for MEng students per year.

2. Yes because you're not on ground, it's a bit difficult but not impossible to get a supervisor. I would advise you check the department of the course you want to apply for. Read the areas of research of the professors and their journals before you email them. Pls, avoid generic emails. Tailor their emails to suit their research interests. Dont go about boasting of your high CGPA. Dont go begging or acting desperate. Simply tell them the value you can add to their research group. The contributions you can make if s/he agrees to supervise you.

3. I'm not sure. But you can quickly go and fill pre-qualification form for USASK now. It takes 10 weeks for them to get back to you. Once you're picked, admission is assured whether you contacted a supervisor or not. Pls, dont make mistake in filling the form esp the supervisor part. It's automatic disqualification if you do. You can also check Ryerson, Western, Queen's Universities etc.

The new immigration law in the UK according to @zan1999 is the Tier 2 visa. After graduation, you can apply for Tier 2 visa to remain in the UK for 24 months.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2018
Slik07:

1. No. You dont need GRE for PhD admission. It's mostly MBA admission that requires GMAT/GRE. What'll boost your chances is to publish paper(s) on an impact factor-based journal. That paper stands as your research experience and capabilities. If you've not published any paper, dont stress yourself. You can still get PhD offer without it. Most schools in Canada offer funding for PhD especially Engineering students. A school with low budget as MUN offers minimum of CAD$19, 000 for PhD engineering students and CAD$16, 000 for MEng students per year.

2. Yes because you're not on ground, it's a bit difficult but not impossible to get a supervisor. I would advise you check the department of the course you want to apply for. Read the areas of research of the professors and their journals before you email them. Pls, avoid generic emails. Tailor their emails to suit their research interests. Dont go about boasting of your high CGPA. Dont go begging or acting desperate. Simply tell them the value you can add to their research group. The contributions you can make if s/he agrees to supervise you.

3. I'm not sure. But you can quickly go and fill pre-qualification form for USASK now. It takes 10 weeks for them to get back to you. Once you're picked, admission is assured whether you contacted a supervisor or not. Pls, dont make mistake in filling the form esp the supervisor part. It's automatic disqualification if you do. You can also check Ryerson, Western, Queen's Universities etc.

The new immigration law in the UK according to @zan1999 is the Tier 2 visa. After graduation, you can apply for Tier 2 visa to remain in the UK for 24 months.

Best of luck!

If you get a supervisor at USAsk and you're recommended for admission, is it a guarantee that you'll get finding?
If you're given conditional admission, do you have to send all documents before you can apply for trv?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wiseoldman: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2018
Prudento:
Hello Guys,
I just got admission and Research Assistantship funding of $12,000CAD/year for two years at Mcgill, MSC. My fees is $10100 Cad. I do not have ANY supplemental funding. But my supervisor at McGill keeps saying I should apply for TRV with that amount and it would fly. Please how do u advise?

Hello, I currently have TOEFL, published journal, 4/5 CGPA, and 5 years engineering experience. I would like to pursue sponsored Research MSc. Would i need GRE. Also, which schools would you reccommend for sponsored MSc in engineering.

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by makano: 10:31am On Feb 26, 2018
Good morning House, kudos to everyone rendering their Voluntary Service to help others, God bless you all. Please I got my GCMS after my second refusal and I will like the house to assist me on how to tackle this reasons . Note I am a Graduate of Computer Science and I applied for a PGD degree in Mobile Solutions Development in my previous application . Please I will appreciate if anyone can assist me how how to tackle the reasons, I don't want to be refused the 3rd time . Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2018
I have filled form 1294,Family info, checklist .

But I am unable to fill form 5832E
Please I need guidance on how to go about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2018
grin grin welcome man, hope you got good news
MICHV1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2018
Please I have been trying to fill my 5832E form but I am unable to fill it with adobe reader
Please how can I go about it
Using paper route what other form do I need to fill asides
1294,family info,checklist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Slik07:

You dont need to have a second thought. Your visa will definitely be approved any moment from now as you applied since Nov. PhD applicants dont have too much wahala.

For the new immigration law in the UK, if you still want to go there, it's not late. To get a UK offer can take between 2-4 weeks if you've funding. And you dont pay any processing fee.

We pray it's approved. But the words ''definitely'' used in your statement is an hyperbole cos I have seen PhD students denied visa for financial reasons and home ties. Let us wish people the best and stay away from guaranteeing a visa approval. It's up to the VO's unfettered discretion. And God's will.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mazi9: 11:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Hello gurus in the house please quick answer

On my son and my two cousins admission letter , the school wrote annual expenses ( both tuition) for each of them 11500 CAD pls is this the amount the cic will look in considering my son and cousins financial status and the amount of money that will be in my bank account

If am sponsoring the three of them how much is expected to be in my bank account

Pls quick answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.