Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837604 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
tkObserver:

The quote sent to me by the agency on has Lufthansa as the airline. It was when i called the airline customercare that was told they do not offer direct services to Barbados
The quote by Lufthansa is not to your final destination na, or did you pay for half the trip? Your agent should have booked the flight to your final destination, even if Lufthansa isn't going to your final destination the agent should have booked a connecting flight from where Lufthansa will drop you and the time between both flights shouldn't be up to 12hours. Since it is like this you will have to follow what the agent says cos as it is now I am confuse about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
tkObserver:

I decided to check out EXPEDIA, dont know if you are familiar with it. My itinerary shows im gonna depart Lagos for Frankfurt via Lufthansa, and from frankfurt to Toronto via AirCanada, and From Toronto to Bridgetown via the same Airline.
Now my brother, i seek your patience and understanding in attending to me. Like i said, i chose barbados becasue of its visa free policy to most countries, at least from online sources, so i could have a travel experience.
Upon browsing the link https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?flight-type=on&starDate=05%2F06%2F2018&endDate=05%2F15%2F2018&_xpid=11905%7C1&mode=search&trip=roundtrip&leg1=from%3ALagos%2C+Nigeria+%28LOS-Murtala+Muhammed+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ABridgetown%2C+Barbados+%28BGI-Grantley+Adams+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A05%2F06%2F2018TANYT&leg2=from%3ABridgetown%2C+Barbados+%28BGI-Grantley+Adams+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ALagos%2C+Nigeria+%28LOS-Murtala+Muhammed+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A05%2F15%2F2018TANYT&passengers=children%3A0%2Cadults%3A1%2Cseniors%3A0%2Cinfantinlap%3AY I decided to settle for the first one, being the cheapest ($3,910)
I then had to speak with a colleague who has been travelling and also assisting people to travel. He told me I do not need to get any transit visas to both Germany (frankfurt airport) and Canada (Toronto airport) since i wont be going into the countries.
That transit is useful for those that would be going into town (outside the airport)briefly. He went on to say that there are differnt immigration routes for those waiting for a connecting flights and those who are disembarking and going into frankfurt/canada. He only told me that if i am sure that Barbados only stamp on one's passport uppon arrival, that i have no issue. He went on to say that our own airport officials would not deny me travelling through the point of exit if truly the end destination (Barbados) is visa free to me. That they would only make sure that I have the right tickets. Please, kindly confirm or enlighten me on this as much as you can. This will be my first travel experience. Thank you
will be having 8 hr 5min stop in Frankfurt, and 15hrs 45 mins stop in Toronto. I will only be within the airport for the connecting flight to Bridgetown in Barbados
Then go with what your friend say. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=tkObserver post=65300709][/quote]

Go and do your findings very well bro. You cannot transit Canada and USA without their visas. Likewise the UK. The only difference with UK is the concession given to American, Canadian , Australian and New Zealand visas to transit without a visa in the UK with some conditions.
For other countries, you can transit and depart by air within 24 hours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
Mind you, all transit facilities have conditions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Chebe01: 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
tkObserver:

I decided to check out EXPEDIA, dont know if you are familiar with it. My itinerary shows im gonna depart Lagos for Frankfurt via Lufthansa, and from frankfurt to Toronto via AirCanada, and From Toronto to Bridgetown via the same Airline.
Now my brother, i seek your patience and understanding in attending to me. Like i said, i chose barbados becasue of its visa free policy to most countries, at least from online sources, so i could have a travel experience.
Upon browsing the link https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?flight-type=on&starDate=05%2F06%2F2018&endDate=05%2F15%2F2018&_xpid=11905%7C1&mode=search&trip=roundtrip&leg1=from%3ALagos%2C+Nigeria+%28LOS-Murtala+Muhammed+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ABridgetown%2C+Barbados+%28BGI-Grantley+Adams+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A05%2F06%2F2018TANYT&leg2=from%3ABridgetown%2C+Barbados+%28BGI-Grantley+Adams+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ALagos%2C+Nigeria+%28LOS-Murtala+Muhammed+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A05%2F15%2F2018TANYT&passengers=children%3A0%2Cadults%3A1%2Cseniors%3A0%2Cinfantinlap%3AY I decided to settle for the first one, being the cheapest ($3,910)
I then had to speak with a colleague who has been travelling and also assisting people to travel. He told me I do not need to get any transit visas to both Germany (frankfurt airport) and Canada (Toronto airport) since i wont be going into the countries.
That transit is useful for those that would be going into town (outside the airport)briefly. He went on to say that there are differnt immigration routes for those waiting for a connecting flights and those who are disembarking and going into frankfurt/canada. He only told me that if i am sure that Barbados only stamp on one's passport uppon arrival, that i have no issue. He went on to say that our own airport officials would not deny me travelling through the point of exit if truly the end destination (Barbados) is visa free to me. That they would only make sure that I have the right tickets. Please, kindly confirm or enlighten me on this as much as you can. This will be my first travel experience. Thank you
will be having 8 hr 5min stop in Frankfurt, and 15hrs 45 mins stop in Toronto. I will only be within the airport for the connecting flight to Bridgetown in Barbados

I am only waiting for confirmation form Barbadian govt to reply my email on the procedure to getting my passport stamped. I just want to be sure it is from there and not from here. IF there's anyone in the house who has traveled to barbados bfore, pls help

Depending on your passport, you may require a transit visa at Frankfurt (FRA) and Toronto. Are you travelling on a Nigerian passport? if yes, you will definitely need transit visas. Do you have a Canadian visa? Then perhaps you may not need a transit visa. There is a clause where FRA states that you can stay in the transit area in Frankfurt/main. This is ambiguous and you shouldn't risk it. My kid brother over the holidays was denied boarding to Frankfurt because he had a US green card and not a visa. For Toronto, do you have a US visa and travelling via a US airport or Canadian visa? If No, you will definitely need a transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Please Frankrobbn can 3.1 cgpa in final 2 years fly for master in university of saskatchewan. the are requesting
A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% . Please help I want to start process for my wife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
mcobex:
And why did you quote him? Why are people like this for God sake? you quoted him to make yourself look like a winner or what? The earlier we stop all these the better. Even after he accepted he made a mistake then you still went behind to bring up a post that is more than a week old? Seriously? It is a pity
Bros no vex
I'm sorry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
valenti12:
Bros no vex I'm sorry
No problem bro, I am good. How far with your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
LordTrezy:

I've drafted it. could you please drop your email let me send it to you for review. Thanks
Hello, I haven’t gotten to the stage of reviewing SOPs yet. It’ll take a little longer.

God bless the rest of we hopefuls...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Laurel10:
Good day house,

Please can anyone help me with master's admission application to any Canadian university. I tried using an educational consulting agency but they told me that it's been long I left school therefore, it would be near to impossible to secure an admission in Canada. I graduated 2010

I have BSc in Sociology (3.78), and would like to have my master's in Counselling Psychology or social work.

Please I need a guide, I don't want to apply to just any school as I might send not get in after sending my official transcripts which is expensive.

Please advice or help will be very much appreciated.

Don't believe them. The only place in Canada I know age and when you graduated would be a barrier to admission, is if you are applying on an undergrad program. Graduate school is open to all ages, political and religious persuasion. Your age and when you graduated are not important as what you have done with your life since-- the accomplishments and productivity that have since marked your life. Someone I met from this NL forum in fact just received an admission offer this week. She graduated 12 years ago with second class lower. This will put her having graduated in 2006. But she performed well in her job life that the school in Canada was willing to overlook her uneventful university undergraduate grades and admit her for an MBA program. My advice to you is to Read all school requirements ( universities in Canada are very few so there is time) and dovetail your search to only 2-4 schools and apply. Don't let naysayers discourage you. Best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
When they say Letter to the Embassy what are they talking about.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
What CGPA does university of saskatchewan accept for masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:
Checked my cic account and on the medical report column, it's written you passed medical test. But the rest column is showing like "Still processing"... Please is this general to all cic accounts? Just curious
P.S::: I did medicals upfront

Your application status online will undergo a series of updates as it moves through review protocols. Some may happen only within 24 hours and if you are not a regular checker, you might not even notice. If you just filed, application prompts will all be reading processing. Upfront medicals would read passed after a few days. All normal. Background check now reading processing or pending, will be the second to change. It would read pending at a point and at another point, processing again. When background check reads pending for the second time is when all the security apparatus with IRCC Is happening. When CIC receives word from IRCC is when background check changes to processing again. When you reach this point, you are closer to a decision made on your case. Eligibility review would at this point read, "we are determining you eligibily" Don't read too much into these changes as everyone's changes is different. Best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jig5aw(f): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello house, please can anyone guide me on at least 3 universities in Canada where I can apply for graduate studies in Engineering. I have tried University of Alberta.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
mcobex:

1. If you have your degree/diploma certificate you don't have to wait for your transcript before applying for TRV. I don't know what you mean by your CIC account being deleted but I know CIC still have your account details so you can still use it.
2. Yes you can scan your passport photograph and upload it
3. The type of type of each document is stated beside , so if they say "pdf" you must use pdf only and not pdf and jpeg, where they say "jpeg" as in the case of your passport photograph then you use jpeg only. Scan all documents even if your camera is 100mgpixel
4. Other documents should collect all your supporting documents, SOP......
5. If you tell CIC you took IELTS then you should show proof of it bit since you said you didn't cos you feel your score isn't enough then don't include it. IELTS result won't have any effect on your application

Thanks Bro
The attached images is what i meant by "my CIC account being deleted after the last day of submission"

Would i be able to create another App if i exceeded the 60days given for my app submission?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Your application status online will undergo a series of updates as it moves through review protocols. Some may happen only within 24 hours and if you are not a regular checker, you might not even notice. If you just filed, application prompts will all be reading processing. Upfront medicals would read passed after a few days. All normal. Background check now reading processing or pending, will be the second to change. It would read pending at a point and at another point, processing again. When background check reads pending for the second time is when all the security apparatus with IRCC Is happening. When CIC receives word from IRCC is when background check changes to processing again. When you reach this point, you are closer to a decision made on your case. Eligibility review would at this point read, "we are determining you eligibily" Don't read too much into these changes as everyone's changes is different. Best!

Thanks, fam.Tbh, i barely check my application,say, once a week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
Jig5aw:
Hello house, please can anyone guide me on at least 3 universities in Canada where I can apply for graduate studies in Engineering. I have tried University of Alberta.
Thanks

Hi, try this site out https://www.educations.com you can search for your intended course using their "More Filters" and it will list out all the Universities offering the course. That was the same site i used in getting the College i applied to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:

Thanks, fam.Tbh, i barely check my application,say, once a week.

That's the way to do it. Don't join those who check every hour. That a recipe for anxiety. Give it your best and forget about it, checking only one a week.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SamReinvented: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Don't believe them. The only place in Canada I know age and when you graduated would be a barrier to admission, is if you are applying on an undergrad program. Graduate school is open to all ages, political and religious persuasion. Your age and when you graduated are not important as what you have done with your life since-- the accomplishments and productivity that have since marked your life. Someone I met from this NL forum in fact just received an admission offer this week. She graduated 12 years ago with second class lower. This will put her having graduated in 2006. But she performed well in her job life that the school in Canada was willing to overlook her uneventful university undergraduate grades and admit her for an MBA program. My advice to you is to Read all school requirements ( universities in Canada are very few so there is time) and dovetail your search to only 2-4 schools and apply. Don't let naysayers discourage you. Best!

You always know someone for every situation! I hail you o. grin grin grin grin

Na joke I dey joke o embarassed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

That's the way to do it. Don't join those who check every hour. That a recipe for anxiety. Give it your best and forget about it, checking only one a week.

Can you blame us? undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
SamReinvented:

Yes ooh, I have been here 10 months now or so and met many people from here and have been privy to their cases. It's been a learning experience. And the testimonies left here too by people I don't know, always sticks to my head and I can always cite a particular case fitting a particular situation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
mcobex:
What does the ticket or printout the agent gave to you says? cos that should carry the name of the airline(s) that will take you to and fro. If Lufthansa is from Lagos to Frankfurt and back then there should be another airline taking you from Frankfurt to your final destination and back. So what does your ticket or printout says? It has to show the flight details from Lagos to your final destination and back.

Thanks.. It has Air Canada, and it will stop over at Toronto before connecting with another Air Canada that will fly me down to Barbados. Same when returning. air Canada from Barbados to Toronto and then to Frankfurt before joining Lufthansa that will fly me back to lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
SamReinvented:

I also graduated with 2.62/4.0. Can I be admitted for masters mount saint Vincent University ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
Sleemzy13:

Thanks Bro
The attached images is what i meant by "my CIC account being deleted after the last day of submission"

Would i be able to create another App if i exceeded the 60days given for my app submission?

It is the application that would be deleted not your account. You can always create a fresh application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Josh121:
Please Frankrobbn can 3.1 cgpa in final 2 years fly for master in university of saskatchewan. the are requesting
A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% . Please help I want to start process for my wife

If your cumulative average is upto 70% you can scale through. But I don't think 3.1 CGPA for the last 2 years in the University can secure you a Masters Degree. If the answer I gave is incorrect someone please quote me wrong .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 12:28am On Feb 24, 2018
Twallace:

It is the application that would be deleted not your account. You can always create a fresh application

Alright, thanks Bro
Now i can have a little rest of mind then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 1:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

If your cumulative average is upto 70% you can scale through. But I don't think 3.1 CGPA for the last 2 years in the University can secure you a Masters Degree. If the answer I gave is incorrect someone please quote me wrong .

thank you, will look for a 2 years diploma for her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by batman1234: 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
GOOD DAY GURU'S IN THE HOUSE. PLEASE I HAVE A QUESTION. I WAS PREVIOUSLY DENIED BASED ON FINANCIAL REASONS.. I PLANNING ON REAPPLY BUT I WANT TO CHANGE MY WORK PLACE TO MY ANTYS FIRM( VITAL REASON) ... I CAN GET ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FROM HER BUT I DONT KNOW IF THE EMBASSY REVIEWS PREVIOUS SOP .... PLEASE I NEED URGENT REPLY TO THIS PLEASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys,

I just got my admission to university of Windsor and i am about to apply for my visa but i have certain difficulties and your wise counsel would definitely go a long way

1, i am 21 years old and i finished my Nysc November 2017 and I am currently Unemployed, please how do i tackle the issue of current employment situation

2, Please what can i use as home ties as i currently have no properties or money, my account is on zero balance right now

3, my dad is my main sponsor and he has close to 10 million in his account, will it be wise to use a family friend as a co sponsor and is it necessary for her to transfer money to me or is an affidavit of sponsorship enough ? note that my dad is bearing all the expenses and this is just a move to boost the finances

4, if i have to use her as the co sponsor, how can i show my relationship with her?

please gurus in the house attend to this

God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning Jnyuwa02, Frankrobbn1, Austinpee and my fellow housemates

This is how I have arranged my documents to be submitted soon. I would like to confirm which document I need to do notary public for. Secondly am I missing any document?

Personal documents
Letter of intent
CIC documents
International Passport
Resume
Birth Certificate
Medical report
Police clearance
Bank statement (Dom)showing 10,000 Canadian dollars.
Bank statement for Salary account

School Documents
Admission letter
School receipt
University transcript
University certificate
NECO Result
NYSC certificate
Certificate of proficiency in IT
secondary school testimonial

Brother's sponsorship documents
Birth Certificate
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of employment
Data page of international Passport
Bank statement (salary and Retirement)
3 months Payslips

Home ties
Birth certificates everyone. (Dad, Mum, Sister, wife + myself and my brother)
Parents' support letter where they listed their properties and put me in charge as they are now growing old.
Wife's support letter to give consent for me to study and help manage our properties until I return
My personal land document and the lease contract/agreement on it.
All Land documents and Plan in my parents' name.

Kindly advise me.

Warm wishes,

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thebushboy1:
Good morning Jnyuwa02, Frankrobbn1, Austinpee and my fellow housemates

This is how I have arranged my documents to be submitted soon. I would like to confirm which document I need to do notary public for. Secondly am I missing any document?

Personal documents
Letter of intent
CIC documents
International Passport
Resume
Birth Certificate
Medical report
Police clearance
Bank statement (Dom)showing 10,000 Canadian dollars.
Bank statement for Salary account

School Documents
Admission letter
School receipt
University transcript
University certificate
NECO Result
NYSC certificate
Certificate of proficiency in IT
secondary school testimonial

Brother's sponsorship documents
Birth Certificate
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of employment
Data page of international Passport
Bank statement (salary and Retirement)
3 months Payslips

Home ties
Birth certificates everyone. (Dad, Mum, Sister, wife + myself and my brother)
Parents' support letter where they listed their properties and put me in charge as they are now growing old.
Wife's support letter to give consent for me to study and help manage our properties until I return
My personal land document and the lease contract/agreement on it.
All Land documents and Plan in my parents' name.

Kindly advise me.

Warm wishes,

All good and dandy if you add LOE. If you are doing paperoute just a heads up, the officials at embassy contracted outpost have an eye for detecting errors and can help you arrange your documents in the order they should go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
batman1234:
GOOD DAY GURU'S IN THE HOUSE. PLEASE I HAVE A QUESTION. I WAS PREVIOUSLY DENIED BASED ON FINANCIAL REASONS.. I PLANNING ON REAPPLY BUT I WANT TO CHANGE MY WORK PLACE TO MY ANTYS FIRM( VITAL REASON) ... I CAN GET ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FROM HER BUT I DONT KNOW IF THE EMBASSY REVIEWS PREVIOUS SOP .... PLEASE I NEED URGENT REPLY TO THIS PLEASE

They definitely go back to previous record and review. You would be well served to pay one year tuition and transfer 10k to personal domicilary. Then give an explanation why you have now met the previous only reason for denial: financial. Changing jobs at this time would be suspect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.