Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,606 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (847348 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by batman1234: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

They definitely go back to previous record and review. You would be well served to pay one year tuition and transfer 10k to personal domicilary. Then give an explanation why you have now met the previous only reason for denial: financial. Changing jobs at this time would be suspect.

MY MUM SOLD SOME LANDS FOR 30M .... AND SENT 20M TO MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT...WE HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS... HOPE THIS IS OK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

I just got my admission to university of Windsor and i am about to apply for my visa but i have certain difficulties and your wise counsel would definitely go a long way

1, i am 21 years old and i finished my Nysc November 2017 and I am currently Unemployed, please how do i tackle the issue of current employment situation

2, Please what can i use as home ties as i currently have no properties or money, my account is on zero balance right now

3, my dad is my main sponsor and he has close to 10 million in his account, will it be wise to use a family friend as a co sponsor and is it necessary for her to transfer money to me or is an affidavit of sponsorship enough ? note that my dad is bearing all the expenses and this is just a move to boost the finances

4, if i have to use her as the co sponsor, how can i show my relationship with her?

please gurus in the house attend to this

God bless

Jnuywa please attend to this, its urgent

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello, good afternoon. Please has any one on this forum gotten a master's admission with a 2;1, let's say between the 3.5- 3.7 /5 range, athough my last two years is 4 .26/5. I've tried two schools and still not gotten an admission and I dont think I'm making a mistake with my Statement of Purpose, I know it's not the only criteria but it's an important aspect of the application. Please will really appreciate if anybody that has gotten an admission can tell me what schools they tried. I just want to be sure I'm not wasting my time looking for a master's admission. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by myelims: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
Vickenny:
Hello, good afternoon. Please has any one on this forum gotten a master's admission with a 2;1, let's say between the 3.5- 3.7 /5 range, athough my last two years is 4 .26/5. I've tried two schools and still not gotten an admission and I dont think I'm making a mistake with my Statement of Purpose, I know it's not the only criteria but it's an important aspect of the application. Please will really appreciate if anybody that has gotten an admission can tell me what schools they tried. I just want to be sure I'm not wasting my time looking for a master's admission. Thank you

What course of study.
Which type of Masters? Thesis, project or coursebase.

Irrespective of your answers to the above question, with 2:1 you can definately get admission for a COURSEBASED masters. However depending on your CGPA and Course of Study, it might be very difficult to get admission for Thesis or Project based.

Most times the problem with admission is with the choice of school. You should do a background check of how competitive the department you are applying to is before you apply.

Look for a school dt match ur profile in terms of requirements. It could also be a problem with your Sop, get a professional or senior collague in your field of study to help u review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
batman1234:

MY MUM SOLD SOME LANDS FOR 30M .... AND SENT 20M TO MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT...WE HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS... HOPE THIS IS OK

That is okay, include receipt of purchase and all documents transferred to the new owner from your mother, including deposit to your mother's account for the purchase from buyer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
I applied to Saskatchewan and Manitoba, Agricultural Economics, thesis based. I will probably look at other schools preferably low ranked schools, the problem is that very few schools actually offer the course but will look into all you said. Thank you very much for your response

quote author=myelims post=65335332]

What course of study.
Which type of Masters? Thesis, project or coursebase.

Irrespective of your answers to the above question, with 2:1 you can definately get admission for a COURSEBASED masters. However depending on your CGPA and Course of Study, it might be very difficult to get admission for Thesis or Project based.

Most times the problem with admission is with the choice of school. You should do a background check of how competitive the department you are applying to is before you apply.

Look for a school dt match ur profile in terms of requirements. It could also be a problem with your Sop, get a professional or senior collague in your field of study to help u review.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello guyz.. I currently need your guide. I graduated 2.62/4.0. Now I plan to apply to Wilfrid Laurier for masters in communication and masters in public relations at mount saint Vincent uni respectively.. Do you guy think I can secure a masters with my GPA ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thebushboy1:
Good morning Jnyuwa02, Frankrobbn1, Austinpee and my fellow housemates

This is how I have arranged my documents to be submitted soon. I would like to confirm which document I need to do notary public for. Secondly am I missing any document?

Personal documents
Letter of intent
CIC documents
International Passport
Resume
Birth Certificate
Medical report
Police clearance
Bank statement (Dom)showing 10,000 Canadian dollars.
Bank statement for Salary account

School Documents
Admission letter
School receipt
University transcript
University certificate
NECO Result
NYSC certificate
Certificate of proficiency in IT
secondary school testimonial

Brother's sponsorship documents
Birth Certificate
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of employment
Data page of international Passport
Bank statement (salary and Retirement)
3 months Payslips

Home ties
Birth certificates everyone. (Dad, Mum, Sister, wife + myself and my brother)
Parents' support letter where they listed their properties and put me in charge as they are now growing old.
Wife's support letter to give consent for me to study and help manage our properties until I return
My personal land document and the lease contract/agreement on it.
All Land documents and Plan in my parents' name.

Kindly advise me.

Warm wishes,

Thebushboy1,
The listed documents of yours are pretty okay. Just make sure your SOP is convincing enough and your intended program is reasonable in light with previous studies/job role and your application will turn out to be successful.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

I just got my admission to university of Windsor and i am about to apply for my visa but i have certain difficulties and your wise counsel would definitely go a long way

1, i am 21 years old and i finished my Nysc November 2017 and I am currently Unemployed, please how do i tackle the issue of current employment situation

2, Please what can i use as home ties as i currently have no properties or money, my account is on zero balance right now

3, my dad is my main sponsor and he has close to 10 million in his account, will it be wise to use a family friend as a co sponsor and is it necessary for her to transfer money to me or is an affidavit of sponsorship enough ? note that my dad is bearing all the expenses and this is just a move to boost the finances

4, if i have to use her as the co sponsor, how can i show my relationship with her?

please gurus in the house attend to this

God bless

Omoarukheo,
1-) Current employment situation shouldn't be your worries now, simply let them know you're a fresh graduate, you just finished serving your home country and since then you have been gathering and preparing for your masters degree(admission) in Canada. You will be fine, they won't question you for that.

2-) You must not have property before your application can be approved. Simply add your parents landed property, business assests it's also a good tie to you and also include the birth certificates of each and every members of your family.

3-) 10Million is good to an extent. If I may ask how many dependants does your father have matters alot. Sponsporing your education in Canada will it pose to be a burden to his business, family and personal welfare?. After paying your tuition how much is left as his available balance. Remember you need to show proof of funds for your first year tuition and living expenses of 10,000CAD and you father must certify the visa officer that funding for future years exist i.e by adding documents regarding to his source of income .
Yes you can use a co-sponspor if the financial strain will be much on your dad and will affect his available balance. Just make sure the co-sponsor shows commitment towards financing your studies in Canada by either paying paying your tuition or transferring funds into your personal account.

4-) Since your co-sponspor is no way related to you. Let her pay your tuition or transfer funds into your account, it will go a long way in addressing proof of relationship. Also, remember to get vital documents from your co-sponsor and everything will be equal.

All the best!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello guyz.. I currently need your guide. I graduated 2.62/4.0. Now I plan to apply to Wilfrid Laurier for masters in communication and masters in public relations at mount saint Vincent uni respectively.. Do you guy think I can secure a masters with my GPA ?

Please you guys should kindly see to my issue..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello guyz.. I currently need your guide. I graduated 2.62/4.0. Now I plan to apply to Wilfrid Laurier for masters in communication and masters in public relations at mount saint Vincent uni respectively.. Do you guyz think I can secure a masters with my GPA ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Omoarukheo,
1-) Current employment situation shouldn't be your worries now, simply let them know you're a fresh graduate, you just finished serving your home country and since then you have gathering and preparing for your masters degree in Canada. You will be fine, they won't question you for that.

2-) You must not have property before your application can be approved. Simply add your parents landed property, business assests it's also a good tie to you and also include the birth certificates of each and every members of your family.

3-) 10Million is good to some extent. If I may ask how many dependants does your father have matters alot. Sponsporing your education in Canada will it pose to be a burden to his business, family and personal welfare?. After paying your tuition how much is remaining as the available balance. Remember you need to show proof of funds for your first year tuition and living expenses of 10,000CAD. Yes you can use a co-sponspor if the financial strain will be much on your dad and will affect his available balance. Just make sure the co-sponsor shows commitment to financing your studies in Canada by either paying paying your tuition or transferring funds into your personal account.

4-) Since your co-sponspor is no way related to you. Let her pay your tuition or transfer funds into your account, it will go a long way in addressing proof of relationship. Also, remember to get vital documents from your co-sponsor and everything will be equal.

All the best!

Thanks a lot, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello,

How do I defer my Algonquin college admissions, o have been asked to pay atleast 8000 out of 28000 of my both school fees, living allowance for the whole program before March 1, and I don't have money.

I will to defer the admission as style to keep the admission because I don't have money and I want to keep admission, or can I write them that they should give more time before paying.

Tuition Fees and Estimated Expenses
The following is an approximate breakdown of fees and expenses for the first year of study.
Program: Energy Management
Tuition Fees (2 semesters of study) in CAD * $ 16,200.00
Estimated Annual Living Expenses in Ottawa $12,000.00
Total Approximate Expenses for 1
st year $28,200.00

The program is 1 year, please advise I don't know what to do

I just want to secure this admissions in as my PhD admission did not click
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
Asapant:
Hello guyz.. I currently need your guide. I graduated 2.62/4.0. Now I plan to apply to Wilfrid Laurier for masters in communication and masters in public relations at mount saint Vincent uni respectively.. Do you guyz think I can secure a masters with my GPA ?

Check the admission requirements from the University webpage. Canadians institutions minimum requirement is 2.1 CPGA, if your grade point is up to this, you can fit in for a Masters degree. While some schools usually checks your last 2 years in the University. So explore more on the school webpage, possibly email the admission office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sKeetz(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
Please house, I need your advice

I am currently 24 years old and am considering going back to school, I finished secondary school 8 years ago and I couldnt proceed to the university due to circumstances beyond my control.

I want to apply to schools in the canada for a bachelors degree, I am ready to take SAT/TOEFL if that will increase my chances of getting admitted. My question is what are my chances of getting the visa considering my age and what can I do to increase my chances.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
olugere:
Hello,

I will to defer the admission as style to keep the admission because I don't have money and I want to keep admission
, or can I write them that they should give more time before paying.

It will be best you defer the admission, as it will give you the chance/privilege to run around to pay for your fees.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
sKeetz:
Please house, I need your advice

I am currently 24 years old and am considering going back to school, I finished secondary school 8 years ago and I couldnt proceed to the university due to circumstances beyond my control.

I want to apply to schools in the canada for a bachelors degree, I am ready to take SAT/TOEFL if that will increase my chances of getting admitted. My question is what are my chances of getting the visa considering my age and what can I do to increase my chances.

Thank you all.

sKeetz,
Coming from an English speaking country, You don't need to sit for an English test prior securing admission into Canadian universities.
Explore to schools like: University of Manitoba
University of Winnipeg
Brandon University
The above mentioned school are very fast in admission decision(issuance of acceptance letter), you only need your waec result.

Your Age has nothing to do with your application for visa, you need to explain your study gaps, what have you been doing all this while and why do you decide to pursue your bachelor's degree now in Canada not Nigeria. If you can provide answers to this questions and explain clearly your study gaps and interests. Your visa will be approved.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
olugere:
Hello,

How do I defer my Algonquin college admissions, o have been asked to pay atleast 8000 out of 28000 of my both school fees, living allowance for the whole program before March 1, and I don't have money.

I will to defer the admission as style to keep the admission because I don't have money and I want to keep admission, or can I write them that they should give more time before paying.

Tuition Fees and Estimated Expenses
The following is an approximate breakdown of fees and expenses for the first year of study.
Program: Energy Management
Tuition Fees (2 semesters of study) in CAD * $ 16,200.00
Estimated Annual Living Expenses in Ottawa $12,000.00
Total Approximate Expenses for 1
st year $28,200.00

Bro like I said sometime ago, FORGET THIS VERY ADMISSION! Try and apply again to schools that will give you funding, the fact you are yet to get your PhD offer doesn't mean it won't come. Still send out some mails to some more schools and professors and you might be lucky (you can ask some PhD students here like @Mazi or any other guru here to help you proof-read it before you send out). Don't be in a hurry and feel you can't get another offer.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Check the admission requirements from the University webpage. Canadians institutions minimum requirement is 2.1 CPGA, if your grade point is up to this, you can fit in for a Masters degree. While some schools usually checks your last 2 years in the University. So explore more on the school webpage, possibly email the admission office.
alright. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2018
Is it certain that I will definitely get an offer from a college as fanshawe?, I applied via an Agent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sKeetz(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

sKeetz,
Coming from an English speaking country, You don't need to sit for an English test prior securing admission into Canadian universities.
Explore to schools like: University of Manitoba
University of Winnipeg
Brandon University
The above mentioned school are very fast in admission decision(issuance of acceptance letter), you only need your waec result.

Your Age has nothing to do with your application for visa, you need to explain your study gaps, what have you been doing all this while and why do you decide to pursue your bachelor's degree now in Canada not Nigeria. If you can provide answers to this questions and explain clearly your study gaps and interests. Your visa will be approved.

All the best.

thanks man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kinfinity007:
Is it certain that I will definitely get an offer from a college as fanshawe?, I applied via an Agent
Your question doesn’t actually need an answer to be honest..
Are we the admissions committee of the said school?
Please hope in God alone!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by batman1234: 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

That is okay, include receipt of purchase and all documents transferred to the new owner from your mother, including deposit to your mother's account for the purchase from buyer.
Sorry am asking too many questions....one last one for now...please how best do I inform this embassy people that I have solved my previous denial issues ( financial) ...should I write a separate letter aside the sop detailing all I have done to solve the issue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Please if I declare all my four siblings in my visa application, do I need to upload the birth certificates of every single one of them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
batman1234:

Sorry am asking too many questions....one last one for now...please how best do I inform this embassy people that I have solved my previous denial issues ( financial) ...should I write a separate letter aside the sop detailing all I have done to solve the issue

You do everything in your SOP. It should be a rebuttal of previous reason for denial.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thebushboy1:
Good morning Jnyuwa02, Frankrobbn1, Austinpee and my fellow housemates

This is how I have arranged my documents to be submitted soon. I would like to confirm which document I need to do notary public for. Secondly am I missing any document?

Personal documents
Letter of intent
CIC documents
International Passport
Resume
Birth Certificate
Medical report
Police clearance
Bank statement (Dom)showing 10,000 Canadian dollars.
Bank statement for Salary account

School Documents
Admission letter
School receipt
University transcript
University certificate
NECO Result
NYSC certificate
Certificate of proficiency in IT
secondary school testimonial

Brother's sponsorship documents
Birth Certificate
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of employment
Data page of international Passport
Bank statement (salary and Retirement)
3 months Payslips

Home ties
Birth certificates everyone. (Dad, Mum, Sister, wife + myself and my brother)
Parents' support letter where they listed their properties and put me in charge as they are now growing old.
Wife's support letter to give consent for me to study and help manage our properties until I return
My personal land document and the lease contract/agreement on it.
All Land documents and Plan in my parents' name.

Kindly advise me.

Warm wishes,
You are absolutely good to go. As per notorizing of document, it should only be in a case of no official signature/stamp or seal on the document. The essence of notorizing any document especially for the Canadian visa application is to show it's authenticity when there are no seals/stamp/signatures of issuing body or organisation. If you have this on your documents, there is no need to notarize for attestation unless specifically mentioned.

Cc: people in same uncertainty.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
I must commend everyone here especially the experienced ones answering questions... God bless you all.... You guys are the best..I am currently awaiting a response from cic as I applied 31/01/18... You guys are the best. I pledge to give my bit when I'm approved to help others. I have learnt alot from this thread.

Big Ups to everyone... It will all end in praises!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ekoishome: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello House,
I would like to know from more experienced people if with my profile can get admitted to a Canadian University for an MSc program up to PhD. Though my grand intention is to remain after studies and raise my family there. Please see my profile,
Close to 39 yrs, married no kids yet, 12 yrs work experience in multinationals for which 2.5yrs was for a Canadian coy based out of Nigeria on a managerial position, I have assets I can dispose to raise funds tuition,feeding and housing even up to 4years if I chose not to work in addition to other yielding investments at home.Education Bsc, MBA
My ultimate desire would be for hubby to join me.
Would like to know if my application can fly.

Thanks as I await feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ekoishome:
Hello House,
I would like to know from more experienced people if with my profile can get admitted to a Canadian University for an MSc program up to PhD. Though my grand intention is to remain after studies and raise my family there. Please see my profile,
Close to 39 yrs, married no kids yet, 12 yrs work experience in multinationals for which 2.5yrs was for a Canadian coy based out of Nigeria on a managerial position, I have assets I can dispose to raise funds tuition,feeding and housing even up to 4years if I chose not to work in addition to other yielding investments at home.Education Bsc, MBA

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2018
Please house I need direction from ojo to Alagbon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 12:15am On Feb 25, 2018
Freshestc:
Please house I need direction from ojo to Alagbon.
From OJO, take bus going to mile 2, or orile or costain. Whichever way you take, get yourself to CMS, there you'd see buses going to OBALENDE. stop under the bridge (last bus stop) take keke, going to PASSPORT OFFICE, tell d keke guy to drop you @ alagbon. I hope you understand the description

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:38am On Feb 25, 2018
Ekoishome:
Hello House,
I would like to know from more experienced people if with my profile can get admitted to a Canadian University for an MSc program up to PhD. Though my grand intention is to remain after studies and raise my family there . Please see my profile,
Close to 39 yrs, married no kids yet, 12 yrs work experience in multinationals for which 2.5yrs was for a Canadian coy based out of Nigeria on a managerial position , I have assets I can dispose to raise funds tuition,feeding and housing even up to 4years if I chose not to work in addition to other yielding investments at home.Education Bsc, MBA

Ekoishome,

You have a good profile for Express Entry pool, since you have grand intention to reside legally with your family in Canada, go for EE using the below link:

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/342

I'm certain you will attain a great CRS score. Canada needs people like you. Please rush into the pool.

All the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.