Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) (67155 Views)

Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension / Biafra Vs Arewa Youths:osinbajo Meets South East Governors,others(pics) / National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Isoko1stSon(m): 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
This Is The Complete Collation Of The Votes Of The Senate Of The NASS As Shared By Delta Central Senator Sen. Ovie Omo Agege...This Was Shared By The Senator Himself Today.26/07/2017

No. 29 is Subject To Your Interpretation

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1891155521148614&id=100007625525097

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by optional1(f): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
tell me something

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Excellent graph but are you sure it correct. I thought they voted against devolution of powers.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by fowosh: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
fear God na....Haba

3 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Isoko1stSon(m): 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Blue3k:
Excellent graph but are you sure it correct. I thought they voted against devolution of powers.

As Contained In The Post It Was Shared by Sen. Delta Central

4 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
I hope they add a lot of stuff to concurrent legislative list. Devolution of powers doesn't answer much. I have a few things the should add asap.

● Water for domestic, commercial, industrial, irrigation, power and other uses should be placed on the concurrent list; 

● Public holiday: 

It should be moved from the Exclusive Legislative List to the Concurrent Legislative list. This, in the view of Conference, will give states the latitude to declare holidays reflective of the values of its own people. 

● Solid mineral and Mines should be included in the Concurrent legislative list

● List the sector (Railway, Port, Land, Water, Sea and Air) under the Concurrent Legislative List, which will spell out the areas of legislative competence of both the Federal and State Governments.

●Copyright should be moved from the Exclusive Legislative List to the Concurrent Legislative List. 

8 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by smartty68(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hope this news isnt false though. Because to me NYSC is just useless

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
But na where Lalasticlala dey sef undecided
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by hakeem4(m): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
I'd be the happiest person if they can scrap this NYSC nobody should come and waste my time after graduation. Because I cannot go to the north and be teaching @boki's while my business is down south

192 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Evablizin(f): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
Like seriously?
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by goodmorning40: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
They should scrap and as well burry nysc
It is useless and fruitless

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by ZombieTAMER: 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
smartty68:
Hope this news isnt false though. Because to me NYSC is just useless
Very useless
It's better for a graduate to receive all the monthly stipend at once and invest it on something tangible because no white collar job is out there oo... Unless your relative is an APC kingpin

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by smartty68(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Very useless
It's better for a graduate to receive all the monthly stipend at once and invest it on something tangible because no white collar job is out there oo... Unless your relative is an APC kingpin
Na so o Bro

3 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by honourhim: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
Fear north, for they are dangerous.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
Chei
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by honourhim: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Blue3k:

Its actually number 7 that was mistaken for that thread that said its devolution of power.
Check the voting pattern mentioned in that thread and u will see it tallies with the votes in number 7 here.

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
honourhim:

Its actually number 7 that was mistaken for that thread that said its devolution of power.
Check the voting pattern mentioned in that thread and u will see it tallies with the votes in number 7 here.

Your right thanks

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by divinehand2003(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
MEANING?
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by BlackDBagba: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by AngelicBeing: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
sad
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by oteneaaron(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
Goodnews!
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by yhemster(m): 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
Very Nice, it's a good news for me. I pray this becomes law ASAP. Although, it has been a great avenue for many young Nigerians to explore other regions of the country. Unfortunately, this good intentions has been corrupted by stupid bureaucracy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by vladhillz(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Very useless
not a bad idea though..this way the govt can gladly say they did something for the graduates by giving dem capitals to start something ..DX way..a graduate suckling over unemployment won't blame d govt..though they will need to up the pay..Nigeria is rich enough to implement this

3 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Adamawaswt(m): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pls ooo what's d meaning of CFRN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by FreshShavedBalls(m): 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
Adamawaswt:
Pls ooo what's d meaning of CFRN
Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by GetHelpWorldwid: 2:36am On Jul 27, 2017
If this news is true, then it's a good news

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by mrslim1991: 4:15am On Jul 27, 2017
Finally! Hope it's real though

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by dfo12(m): 5:35am On Jul 27, 2017
optional1:
tell me something

Something shocked

16 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by UnknownT: 6:30am On Jul 27, 2017
hakeem4:
I'd be the happiest person if they can scrap this NYSC nobody should come and waste my time after graduation. Because I cannot go to the north and be teaching @boki's while my business is down south
They didn't scrap it, they want to remove it from the constitution so it can be amended at anytime. No amendment can be done to it now without amending the constitution

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Nenejeje(f): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2017
so INEC too is deleted from the constitution?
#adongerrit

5 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Nenejeje(f): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2017
UnknownT:
They didn't scrap it, they want to remove it from the constitution so it can be amended at anytime. No amendment can be done to it now without amending the constitution

thank you for the explanation

it will be better if nysc is scrapped though

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Air Peace Owner Offering To Fly Muslim Students / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School / Caption This Picture Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.