Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) (67184 Views)

Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension / Biafra Vs Arewa Youths:osinbajo Meets South East Governors,others(pics) / National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by LarryBeryl(m): 6:37am On Jul 27, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Very useless
It's better for a graduate to receive all the monthly stipend at once and invest it on something tangible because no white collar job is out there oo... Unless your relative is an APC kingpin

If you really think this way, then NYSC was created to reshape your mind of other peoples culture. Therefore it's made for people like you.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by orisa37: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2017
I pray that this NASS doesn't develop into a GANG-UP FOR BAD?
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by bumi10(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2017
best decision
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by younglleo: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2017
Nenejeje:
so INEC too is deleted from the constitution?

#adongerrit
me neither
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:09am On Jul 27, 2017
It might b gone later in d future...tho some youths love to wear and pride about d khaki
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by CltrAltDel: 8:10am On Jul 27, 2017
How come nobody is talking about number 8
Immunity for legislator for Acts in course of duty
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Acecube(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2017
smartty68:
Hope this news isnt false though. Because to me NYSC is just useless
have you served?
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Elthugnificent(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2017
I don't think most of the Senate members know what they are voting for. Check the result, they voted "yes" to everything on the list.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by chukwui(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by carlywandy(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2017
Madness of the highest order. undecided
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by SycophanticGoat: 8:19am On Jul 27, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Very useless
It's better for a graduate to receive all the monthly stipend at once and invest it on something tangible because no white collar job is out there oo... Unless your relative is an APC kingpin

Not just the allowance oh!! The government should also add the huge amount (almost 100k) budgeted for each corps member's feeding and khaki NYSC crooks and cabals, during the 3 weeks camp.
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by AHCB: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Honestly, it's now glaring these senators aren't serious.

Bunch of bloody wankers.

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Atigba: 8:27am On Jul 27, 2017
This is not good
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by oyienootieno: 8:28am On Jul 27, 2017
See how they all voted for citizenship and indigenship. That is to tell you there is no plan for the common man. They rather make it 50/50 so as to drag the bill.
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by oriewanbe: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2017
Nenejeje:

thank you for the explanation

it will be better if nysc is scrapped though
So that the government can save the money spent on allowances and use it for infrastructure hee? Please, please let the graduates too use the programme to get experience and make some money.

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by 8stargeneral: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2017
Dis is good news ever since i knw dis country...if it's true ooh
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by DaBillionnaire: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2017
scrap this shit, plsssssssssssssssssssssssss

2 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by DaBillionnaire: 8:39am On Jul 27, 2017
LarryBeryl:

If you really think this way, then NYSC was created to reshape your mind of other peoples culture. Therefore it's made for people like you.

bro, so how many minds have been reshaped?, why risk the lives of young graduates, how many f the children of the politicians have allowed their children to serve for the purpose of reshaping mind. abeg who 'reshaping mind' epp

4 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by LordOfNaira: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
This Is The Complete Collation Of The Votes Of The Senate Of The NASS As Shared By Delta Central Senator Sen. Ovie Omo Agege...This Was Shared By The Senator Himself Today.26/07/2017

No. 29 is Subject To Your Interpretation

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1891155521148614&id=100007625525097

It's good news for everyone.

The scheme consumes money. I think the amount it gets should not be cancelled. Instead it should be converted into upgrading our higher institutions. I mean it is so sad that we neglect our universities and put a lot into a scheme that does not help as well. The Senate should take note. The Senate should not look for an alternative in the terms of schemes. It is going to be a waste of time and money for Nigerian youths. Instead they should make our universities very attractive. Students should not be dependent on the NYSC to see another part of the country. Travelling (in the form of excursions) can be integrated into our learning process.

My submissions:

1. I agree totally with the deletion.

2. Money should continue to be budgeted but not for a useless scheme. It should be budgeted for the upgrading of our universities. More engineering courses, like aeronautics should be introduced.

Anyone who is against my submissions can provide one reason why NYSC would be missed.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Babatundecash(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2017
I need clarification from the Lawyers,law student(undergraduate) and other Enlighten individual on this forum concerning the ongoing constitution amendment.....does it means only the senate are saddle with the responsibility to amend the constitution of a country,since the senate have said the president have been strip from vetoing to the bill,does it now mean that any bill pass by the senate automatically become a law,does it mean that the state assembly and other bodies does not have a say in the constitution amendment.......#Because,we have seen many jubilating that GEJ has been prevented from contesting 2019 general election by the senate,changing of Police name,scrapping of Nysc,stripping the president of power to veto and so on and so forth.....your contributions are welcome.
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by whiskystan: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2017
Blue3k:
Excellent graph but are you sure it correct. I thought they voted against devolution of powers.

It's correct. Ƒøя each Vote to pass it needs 2/3 majority so if u see votes like 48 yes 46 no it won't be passed cause e no reach 2/3.
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by smartty68(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2017
Acecube:
have you served?
Nope!
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Modsenemy(f): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
All i see are votes that derogates the president .

Now the presidency becomes a puppet of the senate .

I can also see immunity of the senate ... Isn't that one of the last bills Goodluck refused to consent to?

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by chakula: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
hakeem4:
I'd be the happiest person if they can scrap this NYSC nobody should come and waste my time after graduation. Because I cannot go to the north and be teaching @boki's while my business is down south

Why can't you exempt from going? Stay upon your business and leave aboki alone.

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Kaydans(m): 8:52am On Jul 27, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
This Is The Complete Collation Of The Votes Of The Senate Of The NASS As Shared By Delta Central Senator Sen. Ovie Omo Agege...This Was Shared By The Senator Himself Today.26/07/2017

No. 29 is Subject To Your Interpretation

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1891155521148614&id=100007625525097

Northern states are Anti Christ, the only stuff the voted against was the creation of more states because they know the south will get more power. fools

3 Likes

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by whiskystan: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2017
younglleo:
me neither

State Electoral commission. Not INEC of the central body. The state govt. can no long conduct local govt elections with its own set up electoral commission. Now na INEC federal body go dey do am. From this too they gave full autonomy to the local governments plus stipulated their tenure in office so no more vacany or you hearing that so so governor appointed caretaker local govt chairmen in local councils
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by Rambo34: 8:55am On Jul 27, 2017
I really hope this is true. the NYSC thing self doesn't add value. Just a waste of 1 year

1 Like

Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by whiskystan: 8:55am On Jul 27, 2017
Modsenemy:
All i see are votes that derogates the president .

Now the presidency becomes a puppet of the senate .

I can also see immunity of the senate ... Isn't that one of the last bills Goodluck refused to consent to?

It's all a game. Majority of the bills passed were against the executive arm of govt. but the presidency and governors but let's see how it will play out cause the president still decide whether or not to sign them into law.
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by DJInfluence: 8:58am On Jul 27, 2017
Please someone explain No 15 to me. What is the difference between nigeria police Force and nigeria Police?

Abi they want the police to stop using force on innocent citizens grin grin grin grin

This our distinguish lawmakers with no law pedigree or background, making laws for us. Well, maybe it can´t be worse than the rubbish constitution that the Millitary left with us since 1999.
Re: Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) by blackcoffee(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2017
Adamawaswt:
Pls ooo what's d meaning of CFRN

Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CUPP: Reps Offered $10 Million Bribe For Passage Of Vaccination Bill / Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate / Kano People Refused To Welcome Tinubu After Collecting Our Money - APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.