Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today (1771 Views)

Stampede Kills People At APC Rally In Rivers Today (Pictures) / ​Atiku Abubakar Launches World’s First Emoji Manifesto To Target Youth Voters / Osinbajo Launches Trader Moni In Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by jemimafelix(f): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo will visit Port Harcourt today to inaugurate the world’s biggest fertiliser plant built by Indorama Eleme Fertilizer and Chemicals Limited.

Mr Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant to the Acting President on Media and Publicity, made the announcement in a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday.

According to the presidential aide, the plant with production capacity of 1.5 million metric tonnes of Urea fertiliser is considered the world’s largest single-train Urea plant.

Eleme Petrochemicals Company Ltd, now Indorama Eleme Fertilizer and Chemicals Limited, was privatised in 2006 after the sale of Federal Government’s 75 per cent shares to a core investor through competitive bidding process.

The plant has a production capacity of 4,000 metric tonnes of nitrogenous fertiliser per day. It was built with $1.5bn.

The opening of the plant is expected to boost the agriculture sector not just in Nigeria, but also in Africa and beyond.

Akande said fertiliser from the plant would be made available to farmers nationwide at an affordable cost.

This will boost crop yield for farmers and help in minimising food grain deficit in Nigeria, Akande said.

The plant consists of 2300 TPD Ammonia plant, 4000 TPF Urea plant, 83 km long Gas Pipeline, and an Export Port Terminal.

The main plant, measuring approximately 40 hectares, is located within the perimeter of Indorama’s existing petrochemical site in Port Harcourt.

The Gas Pipeline for the fertiliser plant was constructed by IEFCL within an existing 15 meter wide Right of Way (“ROW”).

Part of the $1.5bn was used to build a new jetty at Onne Port on a plot of land measuring approximate 6 hectares

The jetty comprises 320 m long Quay along with terminal infrastructure including all material handling facilities necessary for urea and a urea storage facility with a capacity of 45,000 MT.

The transfer of urea from the fertiliser plant will be by road via an existing road network.

Construction of the new fertiliser plant commenced in early 2013 with commissioning coming two years later than planned.

http://punchng.com/osinbajo-launches-worlds-biggest-fertiliser-plant-in-rivers-today/
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by simplyhonest(m): 8:18am On Jul 27, 2017
that's a good one... let's hope they keep it functioal
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by iceberg02(m): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2017
God bless Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by mrvitalis(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2017
Finally dangote will have a sound competition in his planned fetilizer plant

He ran away from noddles hope he won't run away from this though

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by Sall(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2017
Finally recession will be a thing of the past in Nigeria as this will boast Farmers productivity and the country at large.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by swintiney: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
If this was a Federal or State Govt project, one would have been hearing that it cost close to $10 billion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by otokx(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2017
Rivers State has at least 2 of such companies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by naturalman: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2017
The federal govt may decide to frustrate this company as a result of dangote fertilizer plant coming onboard
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by yemmight(m): 9:38am On Jul 27, 2017
naturalman:
The federal govt may decide to frustrate this company as a result of dangote fertilizer plant coming onboard

World biggest? Nigeria. We sabi lie. We can lie.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by freshest4live: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2017
yemmight:

World biggest? Nigeria. We sabi lie. We can lie.
I don't think it's a lie, the largest is currently in Pakistan and it's 1.3 million metric tonnes, to be expanded to 2.5 million metric tonnes soon. This is 1.5 million metric tonnes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by yemmight(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2017
freshest4live:

I don't think it's a lie, the largest is currently in Pakistan and it's 1.3 million metric tonnes, to be expanded to 2.5 million metric tonnes soon. This is 1.5 million metric tonnes.

Ok. We shall see.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2017
Sall:
Finally recession will be a thing of the past in Nigeria as this will boast Farmers productivity and the country at large.

Not true.

The Indians have being selling fertilizer from this plant for a long time now.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by otokx(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2017
Hope the east west road that services this company and the ports will be totally rehabilitated by the Federal Government as it is in a poor state now.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by freshest4live: 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
jusRadical:

Not true.

The Indians have being selling fertilizer from this plant for a long time now.
India is times six the population of Nigeria, and even at that l don't understand your comparison because lndia is not in recession and have a higher HDI than Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 28, 2017
freshest4live:

India is times six the population of Nigeria, and even at that l don't understand your comparison because lndia is not in recession and have a higher HDI than Nigeria.

I never compared India with Nigeria.

My use of the definite article, 'the’ to qualify Indians meant that I was talking about some definite Indians or a definite group of Indians and not Indians in India as a people. The Indians I referred to of course, are the owners of the Indorama Fertilizer Plant.

My comment infers that the Indians (who are the owners of the plant Osibanjo commissioned have being selling fertilizer from the same plant for sometime now. The plant has being working even before this commissioning. It has been commissioned by the Rivers State govt before now. This should be the second commissioning or so. It have been working with no effect on checking the recession in Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by engrobidigbo: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2017
jusRadical:

I never compared India with Nigeria.

My use of the definite article, 'the’ to qualify Indians meant that I was talking about some definite Indians or a definite group of Indians and not Indians in India as a people. The Indians I referred to of course, are the owners of the Indorama Fertilizer Plant.

My comment infers that the Indians (who are the owners of the plant Osibanjo commissioned have being selling fertilizer from the same plant for sometime now. The plant has being working even before this commissioning. It has been commissioned by the Rivers State govt before now. This should be the second commissioning or so. It have been working with no effect on checking the recession in Nigeria.

Not true...the plant was never commissioned by the rivers state govt. The plant has been fully operational since last year but the plant was formally inaugrated the Osibanjo. The plant has also had a positive impact on the economy by checking inflation. Before now, the country was 90% dependent on imported urea based fertilizer but right now, the major distributors of fertilizer all source their fertilizers locally from the new plant. The federal govt also with the new plant helped to revive redundant NPK blending plant for cheaper NPK fertilizers. Now, the readily available fertilizer has aided farmers in increased crop yield.
Re: Osinbajo Launches World’s Biggest Fertiliser Plant In Rivers Today by AkProsper(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2017
Pic pls. . . .
. . . . . . check my signature⏬⏬⏬

(1) (Reply)

Oke-ogun The Leader In Solid Minerial Resources In Nigeria...talc In Ojeowode! / Nigeria Aemy Tortures Ipob Members, Force Them To Drink And Sleep In Dirty Water / Rumours Of Fulanis Killing Igbo Children In Anambra State How True? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.