Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,156 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days (26350 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK / Uchechi Okwu Kanu Vows Boycott Of 2019 Elections / Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Resist Islamisation As He Visits Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by OrientDailyNews: 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
Insists only restructuring will save Anambra guber poll...
Nigeria is a zoo and a dead country that will be buried tomorrow...

By Uzoh Ugwueze & Sunday Agbo

Pro - secessionist crusader and leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has sensationally declared Ebonyi state, a free Biafran state and vowed to shut down governance in the ‘salt state’ for three days on his next visit.

Kanu, made the controversial declaration while addressing thousands of Biafra agitators during his tour of Ebonyi state on Monday. “I have come to declare Ebonyi a Biafra state and when next I come, I will shut down the state for three days”, he declared amidst cheers from his supporters.

During his stop in Enugu, the Abia state born Biafra agitator had declared that the Anambra state governorship election slated for November 18, would not hold unless the federal government restructures Nigeria by October 1, 2017.

Kanu issued the veiled threat while fielding questions with newsmen at a brief event where he received awards from three Igbo groups- the Eastern Consultative Assembly (ECA), the Igbo Students’ Association (ISA) and the Igbo Women Assembly (IWA), in Enugu.

Kanu said “There will be no election in Anambra state come November 2017 and going forward there won’t be any election until they give me date for a referendum. They know what to do; convene a meeting, I will send my rep, give us a date for referendum, that is the only way.

“In which part of this earth have you ever found a measure of self-determination to be equated to war except in Nigeria because the political leaders do not understand the difference between self-determination and war?

The Biafra activist, who was released from prison custody on health grounds last June, denied allegations that he was using the illegal Radio Biafra to propagate hate speech. He argues: “Self-determination does not mean hate speech; the status quo can no longer remain. Like my brother Evangelist Eliot Ugochukwu-Uko said, if on or before October 1 nothing happens in terms of substantial restructuring, then there won’t be any election; the people will support us.”

On oppositions to his call by the Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other Igbo leaders, Kanu said their stand makes no stand because “the people are with us; we have their support 100 percent and come 18th of November 2017, the world will be amazed.

However, while describing Nigeria as a ‘failed state’ and a ‘zoo’, Kanu urged Ebonyians, to boycott the 2019 general election and all subsequent elections in the state by the federal government until the demand for referendum is granted.

“Nigeria is a zoo and a dead country that will be buried tomorrow. No one from Ebonyi should vote for Nigeria in 2019”, he said.

The tough-talking IPOB leader, who stopped briefly at at Yaweh Church for a brief prayer before proceeding to Abakaliki in a motorcade amidst tight security, assured his supporters that Biafra has come to stay. “I will teach our enemies what they do not know. I will teach them that nobody can stop Biafra because Biafra has come to stay”, he boasted.

Kanu equally vowed to continue his tour of what he called Biafraland, insisting that nothing will stop him from his secessionist crusade. His words: “I will traverse all parts of Biafra land and other areas without anybody stopping me including police and soldiers who are always in the habit of harassing people. I will continue to walk in the midst of these security agents as you can see and nobody will arrest me. They know they cannot stop Biafra.

Earlier in a presentation termed “Enugu Declaration”, different Igbo groups at the event called on the government not to make further delay towards restructuring the country. The declaration was signed by Dr Alfred Udokwu; South East Elders Union; Rev Fr John Odey, Eastern Consultative Assembly; Bishop Mike Ibenene, South East Christian Network; Chief (Mrs) Maria Okwor:Igbo Women Assembly; Evangelist Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko, Igbo Youth Movement, among others.

They noted that the struggle by the ruling clique to sustain the present centralist federal system imposed on Nigeria by the military was no longer acceptable to Ndigbo.

Their joint statements read in parts: “Their arrogance, and ruthlessness has no place in the 21st century. It can only lead to the death of Nigeria. Nigeria must be restructured if Nigeria is to survive, and egalitarianism, equity and merit-based system enthroned.

The groups also declared support for IPOB’s planned boycott of Anambra poll; insisting that they “will not participate further in any elections whatsoever until Nigeria is restructured to true fiscal federalism anchored on regional autonomy.”

The statements read further: “We restate that if genuine processes towards restructuring Nigeria are not embarked upon by the federal government on or before the 1st of October 2017, our people will find it extremely difficult to continue to participate in the Nigerian project.

According to the Igbo groups, continuing to vote in elections in what they called ‘dysfunctional land’ will be “deepening the hole the country has fallen into”.

“We will no longer vote in any elections whatsoever until Nigeria is restructured. This is the demand, desire and decision of the masses of Eastern Nigeria. We, therefore, conclude, that apart from the political class and their structure and the elite club who live in comfort zones, 99% of our people do not see any benefits of electing leaders the structure makes it impossible to hold accountable.

“The imposed unitary struc­ture simply makes it impossi­ble for the hapless electorate to choose their own leaders. Restructure now, or count us out of your elections.”

Source
https://orientdailynews.com/nnamdi-kanu-declares-ebonyi-biafra-state/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by NwaNimo1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
No shaking....

24 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
One thing that I just love about this man is his ability to be constantly brave and fearless.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by auntysimbiat(f): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
GOOD FOR HIM
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Full story and pictures @ www.collegegist.com.ng
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by ESDKING: 10:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Very strong man.

The nightmare of Arewa and Oduaaa people.

Those propaganda against you shows that you are causing your enemies sleepiness night hence their exhibition of frustration, madness and plans to drag you down.

RIDE ON...............

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by NaoSlay: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
grin grin

Ipob Jesus have spoken grin

34 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by yarimo(m): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
NNAMDI KANU is suffering from too much intake of OTOUKE weed. Chai undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by IJOBA2: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
NaoSlay:
grin grin

Ipob Jesus have spoken grin
AFONJA MUSLIM SPOTTEDgrin

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by 234GT(m): 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
This guy should be charged for treasonable felony.

13 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by NaoSlay: 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
IJOBA2:
AFONJA MUSLIM SPOTTEDgrin

So anyone against nnamdi KANU and ipob is a Muslim? grin grin

40 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by IJOBA2: 12:40am On Jul 28, 2017
NaoSlay:

So anyone against nnamdi KANU and ipob is a Muslim? grin grin
THATS A TRADEMARK OF AFONJA MUSLIMS

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by pelumi111: 2:29am On Jul 28, 2017
I blame Buhari for giving this man too much attention.....who is he to be saying he will shut a state down for 3days?? when you are fighting for your people apply wisdom, nothing good comes out of violence..... where is it written in the bible that moses shut down part of Egypt down when he wanted to move the children of isreal out of egypt??

39 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by NaoSlay: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2017
IJOBA2:
THATS A TRADEMARK OF AFONJA MUSLIMS

No wonder you guys are referred to as illiterate ,so those governors and your obi that are against nnamdi KANU are afonja also. grin

Do away from my mention please.

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
But why?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Talk2Bella(f): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
grin

I believe him, if he says he's gonna do it, he's gonna

heck, dude's been unstoppable ever since he got outta detention, and the Ibo folks seems to love him genuinely.

saw this video where he had people protecting him by forming a circle round him, in their eyes I could see they were ready to die for him, that's dedication right there.

Anyway I am all for Restructuring

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by GeneralOjukwu: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Sai Nnamdi!

I respect his bravery and fearlessness.... He promised not to abandon his friends in jail.

He won't leave without them...Just like i promised them

3 million lives after...i am chilling in Abidjan grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by scholes0(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
He can shut down the entire Southeast for 1 year if he likes, nobody would care except Ibos stuck there in the SE.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
This noise maker of an area boy again!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by googlepikins: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
I can see Afonjas coming on their donkeys, their fear(Nnamdi kanu) is mentioned here. I can see them crawling around like Zombies.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2017
Vows?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2017
NaoSlay:

No wonder you guys are referred to as illiterate ,so those governors and your obi that are against nnamdi KANU are afonja also. grin

Do away from my mention please.
don't mind dem, most of dem are without brains, they only follow blindly!

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Episteme2(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2017
“In which part of this earth have you ever found a measure of self-determination to be equated to war except in Nigeria because the political leaders do not understand the difference between self-determination and war?

According to the Igbo groups, continuing to vote in elections in what they called ‘dysfunctional land’ will be “deepening the hole the country has fallen into”.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by NobleAngell(f): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2017
This nuisance again? Anyway, he can shut down the entire East for all I care. He is their problem. Besides, They gave him this much power so they shouldn't complain now that he is exercising it.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by labisibrass(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2017
Eni ti were n da laamu

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Fabolousibk1(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2017
I yaf died!!! Just heard someone say the owner of Facebook is Mark Nsukkabread Me: Jesus is Lord Pls where is she from? ��

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Jpmono122(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Who shutdown elp

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by Edu3Again: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
AMAZING MANY NIGERIANS CONDEMN KANU

Many people in Nigeria condemn Nnamdi Kanu for saying that we are leaving the Zoo.
These same people will never condemn the Fulani herdsmen who rape & kill.

Again when the SS&SE got the least from the Budget, nobody spoke out.
But when we say we are leaving everybody shouts, arrest Kanu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4173527_crftogvuaalk9z_jpegeae945e2f8d2fa4f63f26540556cd697

The South of Nigeria needs to wake up and see that the North looks at us with disdain.

The wealth from Nigeria comes from the Niger Delta, yet the north is furnished while the Niger Delta is in poverty.

The South West put Buhari in power, yet the North is stopping the South West from taking over.

The one that makes me cry is this NYSC.

The South spends millions educating it's young.
Then they get sent to the North to work for close to nothing in the name of NYSC.

The North will shout one Nigeria when it suits them.
But look at the DSS recruitment.

Just Katsina alone has more recruits than the whole SE states

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5230534_south9ja_jpeg3c8402eb977e7f4e911d9ef894f18a3f

Though we score the best in exams, we get the least posts & least promotions

Then when the North can't compete they scream federal character and fill the place with under qualified Northerners

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by femmy2010(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmm .Only God knows the end .
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by sotall(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
OK
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days by magoo10(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Just like ebonyi owerri IMO state is about to be shut down today.
the hustle is real ,the people have spoken.
A new dawn has come with change,this time history will be written by the power of the people.
No more to the deceit and evil elections conducted by compromised INEC.
No more elections in Biafra land
give us referendum

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP House Of Rep Aspirant Among Arrested Robbery Suspects Paraded In Ekiti / Governor Sanwo-Olu meets Buhari in Aso Rock (Photos) / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.