Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! (1644 Views)

I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / Boy Goes Over To Neighbour's House To Pick His Female Friend For School Everyday / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by Primenet(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
When your children eat from your neighbour's house...your experience pls
Good or bad!
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by okawanyi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
Let me park here yet, the person below might have something to say, over to you.....
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by wtfcoded: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Just encourage them
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by ifyalways(f): 4:36am On Jul 29, 2017
If you feed your children well, as at and when due, do not hoard food, fruits, foods or snacks from them, they would rarely take food items from anyone, neighbour's inclusive. And I mean children from 3 years upwards

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by ambient: 5:37am On Jul 29, 2017
ifyalways:
If you feed your children well, as at and when due, do not hoard food, fruits, foods or snacks from them, they would rarely take food items from anyone, neighbour's inclusive. And I mean children from 3 years upwards

I don't think do. My niece do eat five times a day and have snacks in between but once she is outside she will still like to eat from neighbours plate. I don't know Wether her own is natural because her brothers are well disciplined.
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by MARKone(m): 6:24am On Jul 29, 2017
ifyalways:

Don't think so madam. Most kids have this natural tendency to accept food or snacks offered to them, even at times, by total strangers, no matter how much you "feed" them. The onus lies in good parenting, they shouldn't be over fed sef, moderation is the key, telling them repeatedly that it is very wrong to accept food or snacks from certain people or places, and training them on self control, is very important. My kids, very often will bring them back for approval or otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:34am On Jul 29, 2017
My nephews and nieces don't even eat outside, not even in parties...

It all depends how how they are trained and the example you (as parent) show them.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by Primenet(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2017
MARKone:

Don't think so madam. Most kids have this natural tendency to accept food or snacks offered to them, even at times, by total strangers, no matter how much you "feed" them. The onus lies in good parenting, they shouldn't be over fed sef, moderation is the key, telling them repeatedly that it is very wrong to accept food or snacks from certain people or places, and training them on self control, is very important. My kids, very often will bring them back for approval or otherwise.

I totally agree with your opinion that kids are easily attracted by gift offered to them by anyone even strangers. My kids by God's Grace are well fed, so accepting food from neighbour is really disheartening.

Good patenting is the key...
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by NoToPile: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2017
It depends on parenting

There's the "my mummy said" set of children. You give them something they ll say my mummy said we shouldn't collect anything from anybody and they will nicely reject it

Some will collect and say my mummy said we should show her anything anybody gives us. If given birthday packs in school they won't touch it at all.

I don't blame parents who give such instructions to their children anyway.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by jashar(f): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
NoToPile:
It depends on parenting

There's the "my mummy said" set of children. You give them something they ll say my mummy said we shouldn't collect anything from anybody and they will nicely reject it

Some will collect and say my mummy said we should show her anything anybody gives us. If given birthday packs in school they won't touch it at all.

I don't blame parents who give such instructions to their children anyway.

That's how my mummy grin brought us up. Even when we were hungry, them no born us well to eat anything from outside.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by ikemesit4477: 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
Primenet:
When your children eat from your neighbour's house...your experience pls
Good or bad!
Lol, there was these small girl she was like 3 years then, one day one of our neighbor gave her food she said, her mother said she shouldn't eat in someone's house, but she will only chop the meat! That she won't eat the food!

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by Primenet(m): 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
ikemesit4477:
Lol, there was these small girl she was like 3 years then, one day one of our neighbor gave her food she said, her mother said she shouldn't eat in someone's house, but she will only chop the meat! That she won't eat the food!

Lol
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by czarina(f): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
I don't think it's really a bad idea letting kids eat from neighbors, growing up mom never let us from people no matter how tempting it may look(she had this particular look she gave us when we were being pressed by neighbors or friends during visits and funny enough she would even be coercing us to eat too but dem no born us well to try am, we go chop back hand slap take digest the food later) but that was her style and I think it's same for most Africans, for me boils down to ur relationship with said neighbors and of course it shouldn't be often...and it shouldn't be out of lack hopefully.
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by Primenet(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
czarina:
I don't think it's really a bad idea letting kids eat from neighbors, growing up mom never let us from people no matter how tempting it may look(she had this particular look she gave us when we were being pressed by neighbors or friends during visits and funny enough she would even be coercing us to eat too but dem no born us well to try am, we go chop back hand slap take digest the food later) but that was her style and I think it's same for most Africans, for me boils down to ur relationship with said neighbors and of course it shouldn't be often...and it shouldn't be out of lack hopefully.
Yeah you are right.
In this my case very frequent. It is like whenever my kids sees her coming they want to follow her to the extent of crying non stop until you allow them to have their way. So embarrassing ¡
Re: When Your Children Eat From Your Neighbour's House...Your Experience! by czarina(f): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Primenet:

Yeah you are right.
In this my case very frequent. It is like whenever my kids sees her coming they want to follow her to the extent of crying non stop until you allow them to have their way. So embarrassing ¡
I can imagine, but if she's the only one they're that attached to I don't think it's really bad but then there could be too much of a good thing.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Beautiful Six Generation Picture / Advise Needed Urgently / Order For Your Oven Dried Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.