Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt (57819 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Israeli Parliament, Meets 'Influential' Knesset Member (Pics) / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Ekwulobia In Anambra (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Achuzie 'Air Raid' At His Residence In Asaba. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by DeMekus: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
ejanla077:

someone is helping him keep d bail condition in london
I don die! See savagery!!! grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Smooyis(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
Anything that will sink sense into our leaders is welcome. We can not remain stagnant. The hausa fulani oligarchy that rules Nigeria are deaf and blind to the reality of the day.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by odutolasodiq(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
costandi:
Your opinion oozes conspicuous envy, but, I'd rather believe that you are ignorant of the fact that a freedom fighter requires massive attention, huge followership and steady inundating of his followers with the message of the struggle. And, that's what Nnamdi KANU has managed to achieve here. Be sure to be bombarded with more of this.
millions were massacred during the civil war... ojukwu led them to it with the same inference.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by DeMekus: 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
odutolasodiq:
one thing about the west; we use our brain alot. We don't embark on impossible mission!
No wonder there's no ending to the head counts in the land of ofeemmanu and brown roofs. grin grin cheesy

You use your brain a lot indeed!

12 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Mickynd(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
FF

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by laudate: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
udokpuenyi:
There is nothing like mass hysteria here. Nnamdi is only speaking loud what most biafran families have been murmuring in their closet out of fear. It has been a case of who will bail the cat until his arrival. The biafran war did not end, only the the warfront battle ended end the cold war continued. That is why Gowon's 3R programme was implemented in the west and north but not in the east where the battle was fought.

Ojukwu did not lead the biafrans to war rather he defended his people after the treacherous Gowon reneged the Aburi Accord. While you all war mongers wish war for the biafran people, make sure you defeat bokoharam first to avoid fighting war in all fronts.
To you, it is not mass hysteria. To the rest of us onlookers, it is nothing but mass hysteria. Why? Because your people are just busy following Kanu up and down, without taking specific steps through their legislators and govt ministers, to push for a referendum to be inserted in the constitution, in order to get their own country. Concrete political steps need to be taken, for them to actualise their dreams. A rash of demonstrations is not going to fetch you your new republic. undecided

As for you saying Ojukwu defended his people, well - that is your opinion. sad I guess he defended them so well, that he managed to lose 3 million of them to death. He also defended hem exceedingly well, by hopping into a plane on the Uli airstrip and taking off for Ivory Coast, after abandoning them to their fate, on the battle field. May God bless the late Lt. Gen Philip Effiong who did not run away, but stood up to be counted by taking the bold step that put an end to the carnage. That is what true heroes are made of.

On January 15, 1970 at Dodan Barracks in Lagos, in the presence of General Gowon, Effiong announced the end of the Biafran conflict.

"I, Major-General Phillip Efiong, Officer Administering the Government of the Republic of Biafra, now wish to make the following declaration: That we affirm that we are loyal Nigerian citizens and accept the authority of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. That we accept the existing administrative and political structure of the Federation of Nigeria. That any future constitutional arrangement will be worked out by representatives of the people of Nigeria. That the Republic of Biafra hereby ceases to exist."

At the time of the surrender, Effiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."

In a 1996 interview, Effiong reflected on those events: "I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .
I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .
At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and Ojukwu had fled, I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . "
Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Effiong
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
DeMekus:

Save this one for the amala and oily gbegiri soup coneheaded bastards. It's bigger and more humiliating to their smelly mouth god, Thieefnubu.
hahahahahahahahahah

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Abeg whr ws okorocha(the apc gov) wen brother nnamdi arrived and pulled ds heavy crowd

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by cumbak60: 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Kanu should leave the public and work behind the scene to actualize Biafra. This chance he has in his hand should not be scuttled away because of media/public attention.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by costandi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ever8054:
hehehe...Mandela did not "mumu"..like this as a freedom fighter..freedom fighter wey no fit endure two years in prison, start to complain say,him " anus dey pain am,make them allow am go treat himself,run leave some of him brainwashed mumu them for kuje..that one na freedom fighter..?..
just as KANU lead some to prison and left them behind,that's how he will lead some ipob to there grave...
and I will be alive to see in the nearest future when a 10yr old boy will pissing on the sport where a fool gis lying 6 feet below... heheh
You are obviously on a hate rant. Whose criteria suggests that one has to endure prison hardship for over two years in order to be classified a genuine freedom fighter? Nnamdi KANU has you where he wants you. Not everyone would Martin Luther it, some have to Malcolm X it.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by udokpuenyi(m): 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
laudate:

To you, it is not mass hysteria. To the rest of us onlookers, it is nothing but mass hysteria. Why? Because your people are just busy following Kanu up and down, without taking specific steps through their legislators and govt ministers, to push for a referendum to be inserted in the constitution, in order to get their own country. Concrete political steps need to be taken, for them to actualise their dreams. A rash of demonstrations is not going to fetch you your new republic. undecided

As for you saying Ojukwu defended his people, well - that is your opinion. sad I guess he defended them so well, that he managed to lose 3 million of them to death. He also defended hem exceedingly well, by hopping into a plane on the Uli airstrip and taking off for Ivory Coast, after abandoning them to their fate, on the battle field. May God bless the late Lt. Gen Philip Effiong who did not run away, but stood up to be counted by taking the bold step that put an end to the carnage. That is what true heroes are made of.

You are a mere onlooker and the that is the reason you have this skewed view of Biafran movement. I was expecting you to comment on the Aburi accord and Gowon 3R programme but you mischievously avoided that and concentrated on how Ojukwu fled. I wonder what your conscience told you when you read pass that line.

Biafran cannot push for insertion of referendum into a false document. A document that started with a brazen lie " we the people.." .Even the common attempt by greedy eastern politician to push for the SEDC into that false document was thwarted at the same National Assembly where you want them to push for referendum. So who is fooling who?

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by CaptainFM1: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
attackgat:
If people come out like this when Kanu has not publicly announced he is coming, what kind of crowd will come out when he announces his coming?

Ohamadike!

He should contest for president!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by costandi(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
odutolasodiq:
millions were massacred during the civil war... ojukwu led them to it with the same inference.
You're digressing. So, we part ways here.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by 0b100100111: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
do you know I hate upcoming idiots

You cant even compose an insult.

"Upcoming idiot" grin grin grin

You need deliverance!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Okonkwo22: 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ever8054:
hehehe...Mandela did not "mumu"..like this as a freedom fighter..freedom fighter wey no fit endure two years in prison, start to complain say,him " anus dey pain am,make them allow am go treat himself,run leave some of him brainwashed mumu them for kuje..that one na freedom fighter..?..
just as KANU lead some to prison and left them behind,that's how he will lead some ipob to there grave...
and I will be alive to see in the nearest future when a 10yr old boy will pissing on the sport where a fool is lying 6 feet below... heheh

Are you aware that Mandela was even violent in his freedom fighting (If you doubt me, visit youtube) but Nnamd Kanu has remained peaceful till.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by odutolasodiq(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
costandi:
You're digressing. So, we part ways here.
digress.... responding to what you said? How?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by ivolt: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
odutolasodiq:
It's obvious this guy doesn't have a pint of blood of freedom fighters running in his veins, he just wanted attention and recognition and he got it. With those stringent bail conditions he was able to meet all he should be doing now is making peaceful consultations and laying strategies. I won't be surprised if he is re-arrested... and this time he is gonna stay long in detention. Little wonder most of the political bigwigs from SE distance themselves from his suicide mission called agitation in the name of self recognition.

He was freed for political reasons, he will soon learn that he is nothing but a pawn
in the game of power.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by ESDKING: 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
MONITZ:

This guy sure has got a hell of balls, and I fear for his safety because if the powers that be see him as being too powerful like he is showing already they might then decide to "take care of him" finally. We all thought his incarceration was going to humble nd slow him down bt the reverse seems to be the case now and with the way his supporters taunt security forces daring them to do their worst, I pray hell don't break lose someday because a trigger happy officer could just in a spur of the moment decision unleash mayhem and the chaos that would follow would be better imagined than seen.

So far so good the officers ve comported themselves, the army inclusive...The guy is just a time bomb waiting to explode at the right time,so the country needs to tread with caution...
God will always protect him. Though he said he's not afraid of death, that his death will even foster Biafra restoration. But we must keep praying for him because, it's not easy for someone to leave his comfortable home as a prince to champion Biafran struggle despite all the humiliation and intimidation. To see someone like KANU is very difficult.
God will always protect him.

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by DeWisedon(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by osusuallstars: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
odutolasodiq:
It's obvious this guy doesn't have a pint of blood of freedom fighters running in his veins, he just wanted attention and recognition and he got it. With those stringent bail conditions he was able to meet all he should be doing now is making peaceful consultations and laying strategies. I won't be surprised if he is re-arrested... and this time he is gonna stay long in detention. Little wonder most of the political bigwigs from SE distance themselves from his suicide mission called agitation in the name of self recognition.
power belongs to the people. if the people speaks with one voice, the current politicians you called bigwigs will disappear.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Amarabae(f): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Truth is a powerful charmer to the mind of the oppresed.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by odutolasodiq(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
ivolt:

He was freed for political reasons, he will soon learn that he is nothing but a pawn
in the game of power.
unfortunately he does not understand that!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
ApostleJSuleman:
rivers state is Niger Delta
OK our forefather's need it Niger delta or Nigeria government
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by TheEastActivist: 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
odutolasodiq:
one thing about the west; we use our brain alot. We don't embark on impossible mission!

Yoruba true federalism impossicant mission has outlived your grandfather yet you have the mouth to badmouth and make imbecilic mouth??

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
we challenge cockroaches okoroawusa to stage Anti Biafra protest let see how many people that will stand with him... this is a movement, Biafra or nothing else shikina grin yellowbar demons will not eat tonight

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by meritocrat: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
THE SENATE ANTI-RESTRUCTURING VOTE, BIAFRA AGITATION AND THE REST OF US.

By Charles Ogbu

This is certainly not the best of time for Nigeria. And most certainly not for the advocates of #OneNigeria as Tuesday's "No Devolution Of Power" vote at the floor of the Senate appears to have finally given a very serious form of institutional credence to the assertion by the Nnamdi kanu led Biafran movement that the Nigeria state is unsalvageable.

But beyond the rhetorics and verbal gymnastics, there are some wildly held opinions which the Senate vote has simply elevated to the status of fact. Here are some of them:

1: It is not the Senate as an institution that doesn't want a restructured Nigeria. It is the North as a region. Sadly, long years of military rule championed by mostly northern military officers have succeded in skewing the political equation of Nigeria in favour of the North. As it stands now, the North is in a default position to hold the rest of the country to ransom and that is exactly what is happening. She gets whatever she wants no matter how scandalous such a want might seem and she ensures that what the other region wants doesn't see the light of day no matter how fair and just such a want might be. Even with the combination of the numerical strength of southern lawmakers, the North still has the veto power.

North East Development Commission bill was passed into law almost before it was even presented on the floor of the parliament. But, a bill to "gift" Lagos state with special status was killed. A bill to set up a development commission for the southeast was equally shut down. Before the adulterated version of PIB was allowed to pass 2nd reading, northern lawmakers made sure that Kano and Kaduna were included as beneficiaries of the Host Community fund even when those two northern states do not produce even one litre of oil.

2:No form of re-organization of the political and economic structure of the Nigerian state a.k.a restructuring, can be effected through the existing constitutional structure. The status-quo is terribly skewed in favour of the only region (North) currently benefiting from it.

The Yorubas want true federalism. The south south want to be in charge of their resources. Igbo elders want a well restructured Nigeria where every region will be able to harness her full potentials and develop at her own pace. Igbo youths, under Nnamdi kanu, is agitating for a total separation from Nigeria because they believe the North which holds the numerical advantage in every facets of state institution here would never allow for restructuring.

Under close examination, the aspirations by the aforementioned peoples/groups are not mutually exclusive but the bitter truth is that no amount of sophistry and beautiful poetry robed in flawless grammar will give us restructuring.

It was the height of naivity in the first place to assume that our Northern neighbours will willingly relinquish the undue advantage their military heads of state gifted them with, without a fight.

The North will never allow for a restructured Nigeria UNLESS she is confronted with an alternative such as a determined quest for a referendum by the other component units.

It is at this point that we must all admit that the leader of Indigenous People Of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has been right all along. The action of the Northern Senate caucus has further legitimised the Biafra struggle. Above all, it has buried the argument that the Biafra strong man, Kanu, should use institutionalized politics to push his quest for a referendum.

Contrary to a very popular Igbo saying, what the young man, Nnamdi Kanu, saw while lying down, the elders have failed to see even while comfortably perched ontop of iroko tree.

Our biggest mistake was antagonizing the IPOB leader rather than seizing the momentous occasion his Biafra agitation gifted us with to demand in practical terms, an end to the grave injustices and institutionalized daylight roquery in the Nigerian system.

How can it be that an "Emeka" from Akpugo-Nkanu in Enugu state must score not less than 120 to get admitted into federal govt unity college while an "Ibrahim" from Daura in Katsina state only needs to score 10 to be admitted into the same unity college......in the same country? And paradoxically funny enough, this same Ibrahim will most likely end up as the president of Nigeria even if he decides not to finish his secondary school education while the more intellectually endowed Emeka has less than 1% chance of even getting a job at the end of his academic sojourn??

Why should a state like Kano have the right to operate a parallel system of govt with sharia court (judiciary), sharia police known as the Hisbah working under the office of the governor (Executive) plus another very powerful body known as the Sharia commission (legislature) in the same country where Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose, was almost crucified for setting up a security outfit to confront the marauding fulani herdsmen??

Institutionalized injustices such as these should be unacceptable even by the lowest moral standard of natural justice.

The enemies of Nigeria are not those pushing for her balkanization due to entrenched injustices in the system. The real enemies are the beneficiaries of the unjust system who have sworn to allow neither restructuring nor a referendum for us to determine our future. It is very important that we always remember this fact.

The fact that the advocates of restructuring are yet to hit the street in protest over the Senate action is a grave indictment on their seriousness and collective resolve as a group.

One thing is certain, the maintainability of the status-quo IS NOT an option.

Eventually, something must give.

The position of not just the Igbos but every southerner today DOES NOT call for political correctness.

By making a comprehensive restructuring of the system impossible, the North is only making the complete balkanization of the country inevitable.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by EvangD(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
ESDKING:
Another Friday.!!
Since Kanu was released, he has never allowed one Nigeria crusaders to enjoy their weekend not even for once.
Every Friday comes with a painful news.

God bless Ikuku ama n'onya
jesus christ, this man has divided this country already
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Abeg when is Mazi KANU coming to our Annexation state Lagos grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by ESDKING: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
EvangD:
jesus christ, this man has divided this country already
Nigeria is a failed entity. The zoo MUST fall.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by perdollar(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
sekxy:

after beating your child you expect him not to cryuna never see something,,so he shouldnt walk again in this God given world abii

ewedu mallam go and arrest him naaw
hey baby yo!! leave mallam aside make we yarn. u too fine
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by perdollar(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
even in kaduna , kano, lagos or Ibadan, anywhere he goes, d face of Biafra wl surely pull crowds

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt by project2018: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo:Chukwuemeka Ujam Caught With PVCs On March, Got INEC Certificate Of Return / Ruga: List Of 11 States FG Approved For Herdsmen Settlement / Under Aged Children Collecting PVC In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.