Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? (25270 Views)

Free Seminar On Study Without Ielts, Gre Or Gmat In Canada / Toefl, Ielts, Gre Or Gmat? / Do You Need A Tutor For Ielts, Sat, Gre Or Toefl In Warri And Its Evirons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by herdeyimikar(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
Please I need material on ielts and gre exams study pack please send it to my email papilionadea@gmail.com
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by somegirl1: 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
dwilliams:

I am interested in Schools domiciled in Europe, which one is PTE is it widely or at least fairly recognized, where can I apply and how much does it costs? thank you ma for your swift response

Incorrect and unnecessary use of the struck out word.

Don't write any exam in advance. Find universities you have a good chance of being accepted into first.and then check the language test requirement(s) and minimum scores for each institution

Note that there are two types of IELTS - General Training and Academic. You need the latter for uni applications.

4 Likes

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Gerrard59(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
barajo1:
I also need a scholarship. What are the prerequisite for getting a scholarship in Europe? What do I need to have apart from my first degree certificate?

Honestly, it'll be hard for anyone here to give you a breakdown on how to get a scholarship.

I implore you research online, very hard. This requires persistence and determination.

4 Likes

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by chibzu: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
Please I need a reputable centre at warri zone to write GRE
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by ayobamiakinrind(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

IELTS for me.

You won't blame me...
I got an Overall Band Score of 8 with no lessons...
Not even a day of study.

This is for all those who call me a jobless illiterate fool.

And for my mentor, my alter-ego who believes a true Biafran must have an Igbotic accent.

Same here, scored 8 on my own.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by sanerugwei: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

Same here, scored 8 on my own.

You did not study for a day too?
If so, here's another magician.

If you did self study on your own.. You can do others a favor by by sharing your experience and rips including online resources used..
I see peeps here asking for such..

1 Like

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Meliszwe: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
DMainMan
what is your profile. Do u have 2.1 in your BSc. Mail me for scholarship opportunities if u have 2.1 above 3.75/5
My mail is tony4200336@gmail.com for the scholarship opportunities
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by akokaite(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Thanks a million,

Unfortunately, like I said before, I used no materials.
I just enrolled for the exam.
When the date came, I took a casual leave from work...strolled in like a boss and did my thing.

cheesy
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Thanks a million,

Unfortunately, like I said before, I used no materials.
I just enrolled for the exam.
When the date came, I took a casual leave from work...strolled in like a boss and did my thing.

u just scroll in like a boss and score 8points? lol

that's serious. If u can still mail me if u Kata find the useful materials coz I need it. I love IELT.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by sahm4u2nv(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Deem:
GRE based on experience. Just completed my masters program in Houston TX. You can use it to secure admissions for your PhD. The result could last for 5 years. If you need schools that offers scholarship email me on bobodee2@yahoo.com.I can only do admissions for serious minded inquiries.consultation is not free. Thx
invalid mail bro, kindly recheck thanks
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by akokaite(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
shogee:
Thanks bro. How would one get a past question and how much does it cost to write the IELTS exam?

Also can IELTS be accepted in USA or Canada schools?

Follow this link if you want to study for IELTS online www.edx.org

by studying via this channel I think is FRee? with FREe online IELT, is it globally accepted pls give reference backing ur answer if YES
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by akokaite(m): 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
herdeyimikar:
Please I need material on ielts and gre exams study pack please send it to my email papilionadea@gmail.com

once u get it, kindly forward to me too lasu20032004@gmail.com I also need it. thanks
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by sahm4u2nv(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
pls I need IELTS materials
kindly send to samueladegoke1888@gmail.com
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

How do you mean no admission. You should at least get admission in a school there with that score,even if it's a State University. I find that strange.
sorry I meant I didn't get money to pay d fees
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

IELTS for me.

You won't blame me...
I got an Overall Band Score of 8 with no lessons...
Not even a day of study.

This is for all those who call me a jobless illiterate fool.

And for my mentor, my alter-ego who believes a true Biafran must have an Igbotic accent.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5731348_img20170729073750_jpeg567d9cd0bd828d0ac84d436fcb41d19e

I like the cursive handwriting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by 360command: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2017
hustla:

This isn't true
My friend is in australia and was still told to write Ielts before being given admission into a university there 2 weeks ago
well, it could happen but I did say he did not negotiate well. that same uni in Australia might have edu agency and with that edu agency,they might tell you not to write English test even though the requirements say so.. my experience, family and friends experience let me just add.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by ayobamiakinrind(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2017
sanerugwei:

You did not study for a day too?
If so, here's another magician.

If you did self study on your own.. You can do others a favor by by sharing your experience and rips including online resources used..
I see peeps here asking for such..

Hi, I never said it happened in a day. I started passive preparation in Oct., became active in Feb and wrote test in April, I think that should tell you how patiently I approached the test.
Someone from this thread has contacted me and he can attest that I'm very approachable, whoever has any specific Q(s) can contact me on WHATSAPP or mention me here but WHATSAPP; 08110827282 will accelerate my response.
Do enjoy your day.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Bamz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
somegirl1:

Incorrect and unnecessary use of the struck out word.

Don't write any exam in advance. Find universities you have a good chance of being accepted into first.and then check the language test requirement(s) and minimum scores for each institution

Note that there are two types of IELTS - General Training and Academic. You need the latter for uni applications.

You're quite some girl. He's just given to proxility, aunty English teacher smiley

1 Like

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by pyawonaustin(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2017
herdeyimikar:
i please also need those materials on GRE and TOEFIL exams to be sent to pyawonaustin@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by pyawonaustin(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2017
herdeyimikar:
let me also get it please at pyawonaustin@yahoo.co.uk
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by kolladey(m): 11:41am On Aug 08, 2017
pyawonaustin:

i please also need those materials on GRE and TOEFIL exams to be sent to pyawonaustin@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you
Pls help me with d toefl material. My email is murikoladey@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Josh4wod: 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
embarassed
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Samdaniels69(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2017
Inbox me for inquiries.....

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by kolladey(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2017
Samdaniels69:
Please, for IELTS and TOEFL, they are 2 separate entities, although can be used interchangeably, IELTS is Manuel, pencil and Paper, TOEFL is digital, everything is on computer,there are 2 types of IELTS: General and Academic. For job and migration you write the General, for study abroad write the Academic, MOD Education is licensed to conduct this exam in Nigeria, aside British council and Cambridge, confirm, www.ielts.ng ,I work there we lecture and give you strategies to get you desired score, you can whatsapp me :08034599702 for more info. Godluck
Thanks for dis info. It is toefl i want to write,where u work sir,do you also give lecture and strategies on toefl?
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:06am On Sep 10, 2017
Samdaniels69:
Please, for IELTS and TOEFL, they are 2 separate entities, although can be used interchangeably, IELTS is Manuel, pencil and Paper, TOEFL is digital, everything is on computer,there are 2 types of IELTS: General and Academic. For job and migration you write the General, for study abroad write the Academic, MOD Education is licensed to conduct this exam in Nigeria, aside British council and Cambridge, confirm, www.ielts.ng ,I work there we lecture and give you strategies to get you desired score, you can whatsapp me :08034599702 for more info. Godluck

Are u saying apart from British council u are licensed to conduct IELts exams?
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by Erums(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2017
prinx25:
Ielts is simply the best at least for me, There are lots of sites for self studies, youtube videos etc.... I actually wrote mine january 2017 and i got a score inline with my intended program.

Hello, can u assist and guide me with the preparation for the exam.. I wanna take it
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by OreoPaschal(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
stacyadams:
who don write toefl for enugu state..need a reputable center ..no fake oo grin grin

Please, I am currently residing in Enugu. Have you written the test, yet? I am planning on writing by Mid of the year. Do you know any good center, especially one that uses headphones... Thanks, bro!
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by stacyadams: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
OreoPaschal:

Please, I am currently residing in Enugu. Have you written the test, yet? I am planning on writing by Mid of the year. Do you know any good center, especially one that uses headphones... Thanks, bro!
..I didn't write the exam again..as I couldn't get any any response
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by OreoPaschal(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
stacyadams:
..I didn't write the exam again..as I couldn't get any any response
Do you still have interest in the exam? I am in Enugu. I am planning to write middle of this year. We can relate and possibly be a team. I am new in this town.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by stacyadams: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
OreoPaschal:

Do you still have interest in the exam? I am in Enugu. I am planning to write middle of this year. We can relate and possibly be a team. I am new in this town.
grin grin grin eyaaa..no .not writtting now..im in lag now..if u ever dey lag make we chill ..best of luck in ur preparations bro...try eating enugu okpa ..u will love it

1 Like

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by OreoPaschal(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
stacyadams:
grin grin grin eyaaa..no .not writtting now..im in lag now..if u ever dey lag make we chill ..best of luck in ur preparations bro...try eating enugu okpa ..u will love it
Hahahhahahaha! That's the only good thing around here aside the African salad. I will move back to Lagos by December. Job brought me here.
Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by stacyadams: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
OreoPaschal:

Hahahhahahaha! That's the only good thing around here aside the African salad. I will move back to Lagos by December. Job brought me here.
grin grin yeah..u will be bored now,,with time u will meet more people and friends toooo.....then try them girls tooo... grin grin

1 Like

Re: IELTS,GRE Or TOEFL, Which Is Better? by annahowell(f): 1:38am On Mar 20, 2018
If you’re talking about a work permit, IELTS is your best option. In the UK and Canada, the TOEFL is only accepted for university admissions. Regular immigration visas require IELTS. For most skilled immigration visas, you’ll need to take the IELTS General Training exam. But a small number of visas require IELTS academic instead. Check with an immigration office or immigrant assistance firm to find out which version of the IELTS you’ll need. Essay Help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers / NUC Names 41 Illegal Universities / How ASUU Strike Is Affecting Graduates Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.