Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR (4558 Views)

Yoruba, Biafra Can Hoist Their Flag In Nigeria Now / Why The Freedom Of Biafra Can Never Be Compromised / Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Rossikki: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nigeria will not let Biafra go.

Biafra accounts for 90% of FG revenue.

Expecting Nigeria to allow Biafran secession is like asking a man to stick his head through a noose and hang.

So far I've seen large crowds at Kanu rallies with colorful flags and attires.

But I've seen precious little by way of military build up or preparations for actual combat.

Isn't it time someone told Kanu to form an army or quit disturbing our peace?
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
So you are basically saying that Nigerian unity is because of oil and that the reason Nigeria won't let Biafra go is to continue sucking their oil.

So basically one Nigeria is a scam.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by abiolert(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
This info you have here OP in the words of obahiagbon is "audible to the blind and visible to the deaf" that Biafra is dead on arrival. It can only be achieved through war in this country, And that's not one avenue that those coconut head wants. As for referendum, their so called leader will grow old and it won't be achieved.
My candid opinion, fight for your rightful position in the committee of major ethnic nationality in Nigeria through the ballot box.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by freshest4live: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:
So you are basically saying that Nigerian unity is because of oil and that the reason Nigeria won't let Biafra go is to continue sucking their oil.

Exactly, Nigeria is bonded by oil, this is why the Northern Senators were skeptical about restructuring.

13 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
abiolert:
This info you have here OP in the words of obahiagbon is "audible to the blind and visible to the deaf" that biafra is dead on arrival. It can only be achieved through war in this country.

If war comes, will you fight?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by ESDKING: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Confession and lamentations. I thought Biafra land is not producing anything ?.
Funny enough the op once claimed to be Igbo.
It's a pity and very shameful.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by freshest4live: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:

The problem is that, if war comes, we may all die this time.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Warship: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
The truth is out

Without Biafran oil and gas, the rest of Nigeria will be as wretched as Somalia.

Op, anyway the God of Biafrans will set them free

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
Op Will you fight to bring back Hausa Fulani back into Nigeria if they decide to leave?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Warship: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
abiolert:
This info you have here OP in the words of obahiagbon is "audible to the blind and visible to the deaf" that biafra is dead on arrival. It can only be achieved through war in this country.

If war breaks out, will you fight to keep Nigeria One.?

@ Rossikki freshest4live you guys should answer the question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by freshest4live: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:
Op Will you fight to bring back Hausa Fulani back into Nigeria if they decide to leave?
But the Northerners are waking up slowly though, they now hold several meetings to talk. Let's hope the wind of change is blowing there too.
My friends who travelled to Kano before the BokoHaram saga seemed to have enjoyed the place, who knows, something good can come out of the North.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by modsfucker: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rossikki:
Nigeria will not let Biafra go.

Biafra accounts for 90% of FG revenue.

Expecting Nigeria to allow Biafran secession is like asking a man to stick his head through a noose and hang.

So far I've seen large crowds at Kanu rallies with colorful flags and attires.

But I've seen precious little by way of military build up or preparations for actual combat.

Isn't it time someone told Kanu to form an army or quit disturbing our peace?

Which of these states is an oil producing state

1. Abia
2. Anambra
3. Ebonyi
4. Enugu
5. Imo

Or do you mean South-South is now Biafra?

You insisted that you want to leave Nigeria, granted.

You now want to drag South-South into your potor Biafra, Wayo.

Is that your plan? e no go work grin

You must be given Biafra and you get nothing other than the five erosion-ravaged Igbo states.....

FILTHY ABANDONED JEWS

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Rossikki: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:

That is a childish argument. There is no nation on earth that will sit back and allow its primary resource base to 'secede' from it. It just doesn't happen. Texas has at least 4 major secessionist groups, who want that state to leave the US. But as the oil and gas headquarters of the US, Texas will never be allowed to secede, no matter how much Texans demand their right to 'self determination'.
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by abiolert(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Warship:

i may fight to keep the nation as one but there will be a condition for it.
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lemme go nd withdraw all my money incase the war start
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by modsfucker: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Warship:
The truth is out

Without Biafran oil and gas, the rest of Nigeria will be as wretched as Somalia.

Op, anyway the God of Biafrans will set them free

Which one is Biafran Oil?

Biafra get oil?

You mean palm oil right cheesy

You people are dreamers cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by abiolert(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:

i may fight if the condition warrants it.
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by nokatakata: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
Well even it will be achieved by war, I think it will eventually happen and it won't be war against the biafrans only. It will be war against the south. It will be north vs the entire south. I don't even think there will be any war. I just believe everything will scatter and everyone would have to go their separate ways. We do not need to make too much noise. 2019 is coming and as usual, the northerners will want to continue with their born to rule mentality. The yorubas are keeping mum because they feel like they are benefittiing form the present govenment because osibanjo is vice and they are hoping if buhari resigns, osibanjo will take over. Well the memo is the northerners will not accept. They will do anything to remain in power and it will be really funny, stupid, late and sad to see yorubas crying that they want out. The opportunity to leave this union is now.

It's simple common sense. Some group of people can't just think the country belongs to them yet be claiming one nigeria. The country is not working and will never work. Let everyone go their separate ways.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by freshest4live: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
modsfucker:

Which of these states is an oil producing state

1. Abia
2. Anambra
3. Ebonyi
4. Enugu
5. Imo

Or do you mean South-South is now Biafra?

You insisted that you want to leave Nigeria, granted.

You now want to drag South-South into your potor Biafra, Wayo.

So is that your plan? e no go work grin

You must be given Biafra and you get nothing apart from Igbo states.....

FILTHY LOST JEWS
The thing is the lgbos say they don't want their brothers in the south south to leave their ancestral land which is shared by many other ethnic groups.
The Nigerian leaders who ruled after the Biafran war were smart, they divided the regions in such a way that you find Igbo's divided all over the south south, and even all the way to Benue in the middle belt. Same thing with the Yoruba's who were divided to have communities in the middle belt like kwara and kogi.
Even Hausa/Fulani have been scattered all over the middle belt as communities too.
They have made a unified clamour for secession by any major ethnic group difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
Let me tell you all one simple fact.

The Biafran army that Nigeria fought in the civil war was a standing army with a streamlined command structure.

The Biafra army that Nigeria if stupid will dare fight now will be an insurgency. It will be boko haram time 100. The Nigerian army will be open targets for snipers when they venture into cities. Attacks will be coming from all directions from Biafran insurgents and they won't be wearing uniforms unlike the Biafran soldiers in the 60s.

Did Nigeria army defeat rag tag boko haram? No

Have they defeated avengers? No

Now add Biafran insurgency to the mix and you realize that this will not end well for Nigeria this time.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by abiolert(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
nokatakata:
Well even it will be achieved by war, I think it will eventually happen and it won't be war against the biafrans only. It will be war against the south. It will be north vs the entire south. I don't even think there will be any war. I just believe everything will scatter and everyone would have to go their separate ways. We do not need to make too much noise. 2019 is coming and as usual, the northerners will want to continue with their born to rule mentality. The yorubas are keeping mum because they feel like they are benefittiing form the present govenment because osibanjo is vice and they are hoping if buhari resigns, osibanjo will take over. Well the memo is the northerners will not accept. They will do anything to remain in power and it will be really funny, stupid, late and sad to see yorubas crying that they want out. The opportunity to leave this union is now.

It's simple common sense. Some group of people can't just think the country belongs to them yet be claiming one nigeria. The country is not working and will never work. Let everyone go their separate ways.
born to rule mentality was a phrase coined during the military era. This is a democratic dispensation, no particular group owns this country only the smartest are the leaders and the foolish are lagging behind.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Rossikki: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Warship:

I'm not a soldier, so I don't fight wars.
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Warship: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rossikki:
I'm not a soldier, so I don't fight wars.

You are not smarter than me

Now answer this simple question

Which side will you support

a) Soldiers insisting that Nigeria must be one

b) Soldiers insisting that Nigeria must breakup

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Curlieweed: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rossikki:

That is a childish argument. There is no nation on earth that will sit back and allow its primary resource base to 'secede' from it. It just doesn't happen. Texas has at least 4 major secessionist groups, who want that state to leave the US. But as the oil and gas headquarters of the US, Texas will never be allowed to secede, no matter how much Texans demand their right to 'self determination'.

Scotland is also the oil and gas hq of the U.K. But they got one referendum and are working towards another.

We keep talking about oil in this country but only about 5% of people in this country even benefit from it. For me, it's a huge curse. The problem is that a tiny handful of a venal elite benefit from oil and are loath to loose their stranglehold on what is essentially rent.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by abiolert(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:

The Biafran army that Nigeria fought was a standing army with a streamlined command structure.

The Biafra army that Nigeria if stupid will dare fight will be an insurgency. It will be boko haram time 100. The Nigerian army will be open targets for snipers when they venture into cities. Attacks will be coming from all directions from Biafran insurgents and they won't be wearing uniforms unlike the Biafran soldiers in the 60s.

Now add Biafran insurgency to the mix and you realize that this will not end well for Nigeria this time.
I was expecting someone to say this here but since you are the one that said it let me respond to it. This terrain you mentioned, i.e avengers in the south and boko haram in the north have you studied them closely can biafra sustain even a guerilla war with the other parts on the account of seccession

1 Like

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Rossikki: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:

The Biafran army that Nigeria fought in the civil war was a standing army with a streamlined command structure.

The Biafra army that Nigeria if stupid will dare fight now will be an insurgency. It will be boko haram time 100. The Nigerian army will be open targets for snipers when they venture into cities. Attacks will be coming from all directions from Biafran insurgents and they won't be wearing uniforms unlike the Biafran soldiers in the 60s.

More bombastic nonsense. None of those groups are threatening to seize Nigeria's primary resource base. Biafra is. The Nigerian military response to secession will be on a scale and magnitude 50 times greater than BH or Avengers.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
abiolert:

I was expecting someone to say this here but since you are the one that said it let me respond to it. This terrain you mentioned, i.e avengers in the south and boko haram in the north have you studied them closely can biafra sustain even a guerilla war with the other parts on the account of seccession

You sound exactly like Gowon who said he will take Biafra in 2 weeks. Almost 3 years later he was still fighting.

This time it will be worse because this generation is 3 times more stubborn than their parents.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Rossikki: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Warship:

You are not smarter than me

Now answer this simple question

Which side will you support

a) Soldiers insisting that Nigeria must be one

b) Soldiers insisting that Nigeria must breakup

A of course.
Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rossikki:

More bombastic nonsense. None of those groups are threatening to seize Nigeria's primary resource base. Biafra is. The Nigerian military response to secession will be on a scale and magnitude 50 times greater than BH or Avengers.

Change Nigerian army to Hausa Fulani military because I know niger deltans or middlebeltans won't participate this time. They have finally seen what ojukwu was saying about Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by freshest4live: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
Freemancipation:

You sound exactly like Gowon who said he will take Biafra in 2 weeks. Almost 3 years later he was still fighting.

This time it will be worse because this generation is 3 times more stubborn than their parents.
The problem is that in Gowon's time, it was a regional Government and the Eastern region was powerful, not just powerful but very active in the military and they knew all her weaknesses.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by modsfucker: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

The thing is the lgbos say they don't want their brothers in the south south to leave their ancestral land which is shared by many other ethnic groups.
The Nigerian leaders who ruled after the Biafran war were smart, they divided the regions in such a way that you find Igbo's divided all over the south south, and even all the way to Benue in the middle belt. Same thing with the Yoruba's who were divided to have communities in the middle belt like kwara and kogi.
Even Hausa/Fulani have been scattered all over the middle belt as communities too.
They have made a unified clamour for secession by any major ethnic group difficult.

Let Igbos pick their five states and leave for goodness sake.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR by Freemancipation: 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

The problem is that in Gowon's time, it was a regional Government and the Eastern region was powerful, not just powerful but very active in the military and they knew all her weaknesses.

Let Syria be a lesson . Assad in 2011 thought he could use force to squash a peaceful protest. I bet you today he is wishing he negotiated peace.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo People Crave Own Nation As Tensions Rise In Nigeria !!!!the Washinton Times / Osibanjo said he was not excluded from Security meeting (Video) / Nigerian Soldiers Burns Village N Shoots At Sight Any Living Being In Awgu Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.