Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay (2794 Views)

Nigeria Re-emergence As Africa’s Biggest Economy, An Economic Scorecard Of PMB / Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay / Biafra & Nigeria : Why We Must Find A Lasting Economic Solution ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Greatihex(m): 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Biafra, has turned out to be that proverbial bee that has perches at the Nigeria’s scrotum. Allow the bee,it stings the hell out of the scrotum and kill the bee, it hurts the scrotum. This is the position of Biafra . Orchestrated by the “new kid ” in the block , Nnamdi Kanu. Biafra also has presented a case how the negroid or black man will govern himself without resorting to brute. Some analyst say that Biafra will display the level of logicality in the average Blackman’s mind.
Nigeria noted to be the biggest black country globally, Biafra will present to the global community how the Blackman reasons either with his gun or with his brains. And the Blackman has sufficiently demonstrated to the world that he prefers reasoning with latter than the former. ” We will kill everything that walks ” quoted Benjamin Adekunle, during the first Biafra war about half a century ago. And he did exactly that, killed many and he was given badge if honours, decorated and a Street named after him in Lagos. Though he later died a sad and unfulfilled man. That’s how the Blackman has come to reason.
Then came Nnamdi Kanu,ignored by former adminstration and made popular and a legend by present administration. An international report but it this way.
“Until recently, Kanu was politely ignored by the outside world. To many Igbos, he was at best an expat dreamer, at worst a rabble- rousing shock jock. Then, after years in which nobody took him seriously, the Nigerian government did just that. During a visit to Nigeria 15 months ago, he was arrested by its feared Department of State Security at a hotel in Lagos,” The Telegraph London.
This new emergence of Biafra ( not as if the ideology died, it didn’t die ) can be attributed to a culmination of isolationist acts Nigeria has dished (full course) to the Igbo which can be seen from political , infrastructural to and otherwise. Today’s Biafrans must have studied the methodology that their fathers used and improved upon it. And this methods seems to be working and the world have taken notice of it.
“Angered by the massacre of tens of thousands of Igbos in the Muslim-dominated north, Biafra formed its own army, produced its own currency, and declared independence. The Igbos, who often describe themselves as the ‘Jews of Africa’, wanted their own Israel. They got something closer to holocaust.” The Telegraph London
In the words of international observer ,Colin Freeman he captured the essence of Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu road to legend and martyrdom. Presently even deified by the Nigeria government,he said
“It has been nearly 50 years since Biafra’s bitter independence struggle, the inspiration for Frederick Forsyth’s bestselling The Dogs of War. Now a south London DJ currently imprisoned in Nigeria has taken up the battle, and Biafrans are once again fighting – and dying – for the dream of their own country”
The new found love for Biafra by the people of Igbo descent and their southern cousin in Nigeria Delta States have reached a crescendo that the Nigerians federal government can’t afford to ignore and at the same time must find a lasting solution. The lasting solution has always been within their grips but they prefer looking for it on the mountain top. A clear case of not thinking outside the box. One of the characteristics of the African leadership.
Just like how the average carpenter view every problem solution through a hammer the African government solves everything with brute and force. There can be a clear departure from this and the Biafra issue can be solved seamlessly and simply via economic means .
Well, rumours have been peddled that the Nigerian government is thinking of of allowing the five Igbo states go, though not ascertained . But, if the this is to be true! Then it will be a mistake. The Igbo are knowns to have this “igwe bu Ike mentality ” a principle of carry your brother along. I don’t think that the anioma Igbo man will be okay staying on his own kniwing that he has about 40 million if his brothers across the river or will be comfortable with another tribe rather than his own siblings the Igbo. The same goes with the Rivers state Igbo. So the solution isn’t this. Nigeria as a country has solutions and there is no need to be petrified or develop phobia for Biafra .
Biafra is hinged on our ability as a race to solve our internal problem maturedly. Though, we must agreed that African countries with exception of Ethiopia are white man creations. We lacked the capacity then to either form our countries or govern ourselves . We were created and colonised by the whites but today Nigeria must use this biafr to demonstrate that African man has evolved. Nigeria must demonstrate that African man can solve some political issues without killing. Nigeria must demonstrate that Biafra agitation can be solved via dialogue and not on battle Field. The whole world is looking at Nigeria. The whole world is asking , why is the Blackman like this ? Nigeria shouldn’t give the world the answers they want.
Economic model that can be used to settle the agitation is simple. It boils down to what has been said all these while. Regionalism! It’s as simple as that. Let the Igbo and the whole Igbo speaking tribes come together and have their region where a greater degree if autonomy is given to them. Something akin to confederation or full federation. They will decide in their own type of democratic process, their own flag, anthem, even police . The education and judiciary system can be decided by the region. They will run their own internal affairs to a greater degree and pay a stipend to government at centre but will use Nigerian passport and be defended by the Nigerian army. Most of the united countries of the world like the UAE, USA, Canada and even Malaysia run this system. They allow the regions to take their decision and have their internal control mechanism intact. This same goes to every region . Regions should be created according to cultural and ideological beliefs. Then make the centre very weak. The presidency should be rotated and also made powerless . The role of the presidency should be ceremonial while power rest on the region. The presidency ,though ceremonial must be rotated amongst the few regions.
This would have been the best bet for the country ,but will the love of oil and the docility if the North allow the country to take this common sense approach? Time will tell.
Another harsh option is dissolution. It takes guts to do this but shows maturity. The country can have a bilateral trade agreement between the seceding state. The Biafra can be a client state of Nigeria the way Costa Rica is to USA and Hong Kong to China or Gilbertar to Britain. An arrangement if this kind can be put in place . Agreement will be in visa systems, work and business permits and others. When such agreement are made, there is no need to fret over the issue of Biafra. Because, t just simply means a change of name but not a change of brotherhood or friendship. The agitating and the administrating parties must also look at this options. Ireland isn’t a part of the Britain doesn’t make Irish enemies bro English. They still maintain that oneness and brotherliness. Nigeria must learn from their colonial masters .
The Biafra issue, to me isn’t what should give Nigeria headache unless she sees it as so. There is always a way out of seemingly quagmire only if people can look within and factor a way out. The emergence of Biafra or not shouldn’t be seen as a do or die venture. But should be see as an evolutionary trend in the way Blackman reasons. He(Biafran) wants to define his destiny and this must be encouraged. One of the argument that the Biafrans are putting is to redraw the map of Africa that was drawn for African without their consent. And a cursory look at this narrative, they shouldn’t be faulted but negotiated.
https://etimes.com.ng/why-biafra-we-can-use-economic-solution-for-lasting-economic-solution/

https://www.boredpanda.com/biafra-can-we-use-an-economic-solution-to-make-them-stay/

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Vivere: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Let them go. Why are you begging them to stay? Enough of this noise, pls. They shouldn't forget to carry their lands, houses, shops and properties along with them, when they depart.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Vivere:
Let them go. Why are you begging them to stay?
They need to stay in Lagos grin
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Greatihex(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Vivere:
Let them go. Why are you begging them to stay? Enough of this noise, pls. They shouldn't forget to carry their lands, houses, shops and properties along with them, when they depart.
did you read the article?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
imhotep:

They need to stay in Lagos grin

Joker.
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Joker.
you must be one of these chaps in the chat below grin grin

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by fedorahat: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nigeria will not fall for emotional blackmail.

Nigeria is a geographical entity, the earlier people realize that, the better.
If you want to carve out another geolocation from Nigeria. Be prepared to fight for it.
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
fedorahat:
Nigeria will not fall for emotional blackmail.

Nigeria is a geographical entity, the earlier people realize that, the better.
If you want to carve out another geolocation from Nigeria. Be prepared to fight for it.

Why don’t we let them go?
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by fedorahat: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Why don’t you let them go?

Anybody is free to go, nobody is holding any body back, but the geographical location Nigeria can't be altered without the necessary things done.
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
fedorahat:

Anybody is free to go, nobody is holding any body back, but the geographical location Nigeria can't be altered without the necessary things done.

What are the necessary things?
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by oloripelebe2: 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
They are of no use, let them go

A used sanitary pad is better than them grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by fedorahat: 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

What are the necessary things?

Constitutional ammendment or war
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
dont beg them to stay...let them deal with the nigerian constitution,army and police alone.....

just ignore them and care about your own self.....biafra will fail anyways.....will it not be a black nation too.....?...

sooo,what would be different.....?...
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by gidgiddy: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
The day we Igbos, and the minorities we share common goals with, get our own independent state of Biafra,it will be the best day of my life.

When I think that us Igbos wont be in the same country with Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani, Im delighted.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
fedorahat:

Constitutional ammendment or war

We don’t have to kill ourselves in a war. I suggest we engineer the North to agree to a constitutional amendment so the igbos can go.

The wailing and threat for secession will never stop. Igbos have seen that they have been defeated all round by the Hausa and the Yoruba and their pride will never allow them to accept that so they will keep blaming us for their pitiable situation in Nigeria.

It is better we let them go.
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
look at them...waiting to rename a piece of land biafra before doing something for themselfs....thats already failure.....

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
oloripelebe2:
They are of no use, let them go

A used sanitary pad is better than them grin grin grin

You are right about this. They are totally useless to the country apart from their contribution to our sports. We need to allow them secede completely from the country or allow them some form of autonomy to control themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
gidgiddy:
The day we Igbos, and the minorities we share common goals with, get our own independent state of Biafra,it will be the best day of my life.

When I think that us Igbos wont be in the same country with Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani, Im delighted.

and who are you calling minorities here....??..stop insulting us deltans and still want us to join you...i want nothing to do with una....

una disgust me....!!!!.....

and dont even dare call me afonja.... angry angry angry angry....

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
gidgiddy:

The Yoruba man or the Hausa man is not your problem.

The problem of the igbo is unbridled hate and a lack of quality leadership at all levels.

Inspite of the pitiable state of Nigeria, the Yoruba and Hausa are witnessing progress albeit at a slow rate. The igbos need to look inwards for a solution to their numerous problems.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The Yoruba man or the Hausa man is not your problem.

The problem of the igbo is unbridled hate and a lack of quality leadership at all levels.

Inspite of the pitiable state of Nigeria, the Yoruba and Hausa are witnessing progress albeit at a slow rate. The igbos need to look inwards for a solution to their numerous problems.

dont advice them...let them move along alone with their hate....who cares...!!!!...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
tsdarkside:

dont advice them...let them move along alone with their hate....who cares...!!!!...

At this point, we need to advice them ooo
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2017
it must be said...they are overdoing it...no nigerian still have war guilt....play another lullaby,igbos.....

yorubas,yorubas,yorubas......blablablablabla....i rather associate with a yoruba than with igbos.....urhobo wadoo.... angry

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

At this point, we need to advice them ooo

knock yourself out...not my bussiness...but dont come complaining to us after they still piss you off...

carry on with your advice.....i dont care....
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
tsdarkside:

knock yourself out...not my bussiness...but dont come complaining to us after they still piss you off...

please follow the advice of alcatraz005 and desist from HATE grin grin
You have been hating Igbos for 60 years yet Igbos are ahead of you grin

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
tsdarkside:

We need to continue preaching to them as the level of their hate and bile is now getting to unprecedented heights and i fear for their sanity and wellbeing .
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
imhotep:

please follow the advice of alcatraz005 and desist from HATE grin grin

undecided
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

undecided
shebi you have repented and started preaching Igbo love cheesy cheesy
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
imhotep:

shebi you have repented and started preaching Igbo love cheesy cheesy

Just stop quoting me, please.
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by tsdarkside(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

undecided

forget them...you know am right.....somehow...i tried and got pissed....i get banned because of igbos over and over again....for nothing else.....
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by raumdeuter: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Why don’t we let them go?

Please who is stopping them? Have you seen any Ibo pack his load to go back to the East and a policeman stopped him?

Anything they want let them make go do the constitutional change. Jonathan was president he convened a Conference why didnt they push their secession there

The truth is they are not interested in going anywhere, they are just shouting to draw attention, Like a wife telling her husband she wants divorce but instead of moving her stuff out, she is buying more stuffs and sitting firm

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Just stop quoting me, please.
Because I am Igbo abi .
Its not fair oh. grin grin
Re: Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
raumdeuter:

Please who is stopping them? Have you seen any Ibo pack his load to go back to the East and a policeman stopped him?

Igbos left Lagos in 1966.
Guess who hustled to bring Igbos back to Lagos? grin grin

Stop hating please.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

KADSIECOM Returning Officer Claims LGA Elections Were Manipulated To Favour APC / I Am A Descendant Of Abraham, I Don't Hate Christians- President Buhari / Alex Badeh: Why We Killed Ex-defense Chief – Suspect Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.