Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Jokes Apart, How Did I Get Out - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jokes Apart, How Did I Get Out (569 Views)

Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jokes Apart, How Did I Get Out by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
After relocating to Lagos from Benin in 2016, I was privileged to meet with some people whom I fell in love with after hearing their stories . I believe you too can learn a thing or two from them. After sharing theirs, I am going to share mine.

Adamu was the brightest student back in his undergraduate days, he was someone that his course mates envied because they thought he could easily get a job in any multinational company of his choice due to his first class degree, creativity and intelligence. As he sat under a mango tree thinking about his life and his dying dreams he couldn't believe what he had been reduced to; a first class graduate working in a manufacturing company as a casual worker. He had tried getting a more decent job but almost every company he had visited had always presented one reason or another to reject him. At 42 all he could boast of were an almost sole-less pair of shoe, two faded t-shirts and a suit that has changed colour. Life was like hell for Adamu.

As he stood looking at the wonderful movement of the sea from his luxurious office in Ikoyi he couldn't believe how his life has changed for the best within the twinkle of an eye. Now, he is the managing director of a multinational company in Ikoyi, a position that came with a luxurious house, luxurious cars and also opportunities to travel to any country of his choice once in every quarter. His hell experience has ended.

Amaka couldn't believe that she'd just confidently ended a conversation with Angela; someone she couldn't look into her eyes when receiving command from her. Angela was her "small madam" as she used to call her while working as an housemaid for her family. Working for Angela's family was like working for the devil and his advocates. According to Amaka, "Angela was the meanest person she has ever known" while her mother was "the devil's mother-in law indeed". Angela made her do stuff that only slaves could do while her brothers did stuff to her that she can't even speak of all because she needed a place to stay and food to eat. As Amaka sat at the airport waiting to board her flight to New York, to meet with her husband, she bumped into Angela and her dying mother who were waiting to board a plane to Indian for a surgery. Sometimes she asks herself "seriously, how did i get out of hell?"

It's an undeniable fact that so many people are going through one hell or another and most times it isn’t their fault but just a phase of life. Success is not made of gold but of blood, tears, sweats, loneliness and time because life will squeeze blood and tears from you, take away your friends and rob you of your time before allowing you to taste of success. But the truth is, no matter the hell that you are going through right now, surely there is an end to it. Whether in your marriage, career, business, job, finance, relationship, spiritual life etc - surely there is an end. A young man while preaching to an elderly man told him to accept Jesus as his lord or he will spend his eternity in hell and the elderly man replied him and said “why should I be scared of hell when I have been in hell since I got married." That’s marital hell. Hell on earth is real but more real is the reality that there is an end to every awry experiences of our lives if we refuse to give up on life.

As bloody as the Nigeria civil war it still ended. Every battles of our lives has an expiry date and must surely end when the time come. You may be going through hell in the hands of your in-laws, spouse, siblings, employers or even your parents, I want you to believe this words that surely there is an end. Most often, the hell on earth experience of people is a product of wrong decisions, lack of understanding of people and the wickedness of men. I have been through several hells myself that I have doubted if I could make it out alive. I have been through hell in my spiritual work, hell in my finance, pursuit of my dreams etc but now I ask myself, JOKE APART, HOW DID I GET OUT OF THEM?. Those experiences have made me wiser, stronger, more tolerable, more matured and better than I was and has also made me knowledgeable enough to help people come out of their own hells. You too can get out of that hell.

There's love in sharing, please share if you find inspiring.

Succeed you must

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.

For more questions or do you need a talent or life coach? please send an email to Johnspeaklife@gmail.com

Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jokes Apart, How Did I Get Out by AfricaGotTalent: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
JohnspeakU:

After relocating to Lagos from Benin in 2016, I was privileged to meet with some people whom I fell in love with after hearing their stories . I believe you too can learn a thing or two from them. After sharing theirs, I am going to share mine.

Adamu was the brightest student back in his undergraduate days, he was someone that his course mates envied because they thought he could easily get a job in any multinational company of his choice due to his first class degree, creativity and intelligence. As he sat under a mango tree thinking about his life and his dying dreams he couldn't believe what he had been reduced to; a first class graduate working in a manufacturing company as a casual worker. He had tried getting a more decent job but almost every company he had visited had always presented one reason or another to reject him. At 42 all he could boast of were an almost sole-less pair of shoe, two faded t-shirts and a suit that has changed colour. Life was like hell for Adamu.

As he stood looking at the wonderful movement of the sea from his luxurious office in Ikoyi he couldn't believe how his life has changed for the best within the twinkle of an eye. Now, he is the managing director of a multinational company in Ikoyi, a position that came with a luxurious house, luxurious cars and also opportunities to travel to any country of his choice once in every quarter. His hell experience has ended.

Amaka couldn't believe that she'd just confidently ended a conversation with Angela; someone she couldn't look into her eyes when receiving command from her. Angela was her "small madam" as she used to call her while working as an housemaid for her family. Working for Angela's family was like working for the devil and his advocates. According to Amaka, "Angela was the meanest person she has ever known" while her mother was "the devil's mother-in law indeed". Angela made her do stuff that only slaves could do while her brothers did stuff to her that she can't even speak of all because she needed a place to stay and food to eat. As Amaka sat at the airport waiting to board her flight to New York, to meet with her husband, she bumped into Angela and her dying mother who were waiting to board a plane to Indian for a surgery. Sometimes she asks herself "seriously, how did i get out of hell?"

It's an undeniable fact that so many people are going through one hell or another and most times it isn’t their fault but just a phase of life. Success is not made of gold but of blood, tears, sweats, loneliness and time because life will squeeze blood and tears from you, take away your friends and rob you of your time before allowing you to taste of success. But the truth is, no matter the hell that you are going through right now, surely there is an end to it. Whether in your marriage, career, business, job, finance, relationship, spiritual life etc - surely there is an end. A young man while preaching to an elderly man told him to accept Jesus as his lord or he will spend his eternity in hell and the elderly man replied him and said “why should I be scared of hell when I have been in hell since I got married." That’s marital hell. Hell on earth is real but more real is the reality that there is an end to every awry experiences of our lives if we refuse to give up on life.

As bloody as the Nigeria civil war it still ended. Every battles of our lives has an expiry date and must surely end when the time come. You may be going through hell in the hands of your in-laws, spouse, siblings, employers or even your parents, I want you to believe this words that surely there is an end. Most often, the hell on earth experience of people is a product of wrong decisions, lack of understanding of people and the wickedness of men. I have been through several hells myself that I have doubted if I could make it out alive. I have been through hell in my spiritual work, hell in my finance, pursuit of my dreams etc but now I ask myself, JOKE APART, HOW DID I GET OUT OF THEM?. Those experiences have made me wiser, stronger, more tolerable, more matured and better than I was and has also made me knowledgeable enough to help people come out of their own hells. You too can get out of that hell.

There's love in sharing, please share if you find inspiring.

Succeed you must

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.

For more questions or do you need a talent or life coach? please send an email to Johnspeaklife@gmail.com

Lalasticla

Wonderful piece

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun obinoscopy

(1) (Reply)

Genesis Of Sorrow (a Short Story) / What Is Wrong With Africa And Blacks? / Build Your Foundation In Private Before You Are Shut Down In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.