Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast (31904 Views)

Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / "I Will Not Step Down" - Yahya Jammeh, Gambian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Deefuray(f): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
power thirsty man...

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Integrityfarms(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Just like pmb
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by xynerise: 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Buhari the Second grin
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by FoolishBoy419: 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
I like your spirit sir. If Nigerians should mistakenly elect me today I will rule till I clock 100 then I will hand over power to my son
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Stanleyville(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mugabe ....making me laff since 1990!... grin grin grin
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Euphoria19: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lol he's saying it with such confidence as of he can't die,I'm beginning to suspect this man oh
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Iamzik: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good to know that Buhari too has a role model!
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by judedwriter(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
This man wants to break record as the only man to live FOREVER grin
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Suckaholic: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
nerodenero:
Mandela is still being remembered. Nobody will remember Mugabe when he is gone. Same thing applies to so many polithiefcians in Nigeria. They should all die already!

No one will forget Mugabe. You think Zimbabweans don't love him? Oga....He's their hero.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Zizicardo(f): 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
every soul shall taste death
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by ajepako(f): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Werey ni baba yii sha..
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by nnokwa042(m): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
olayinks007:
Nt suprise sha. Only in Africa
Africa my Africa ,God what ve I done ? Forgive my sins ,that I bought a fridge for my mum since 2004 till today she never use it more than 3 times,,how can a Person die in Naija with enjoying what Oyibo people re enjoying since 14 AD wetin ? Wetin I do kiss
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by LordKO(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
A typical conceited person "there's no one with my political stature that can take over from me." Nonsense. Truly, conceit is God's gift to small-minded people like Mugabe. Neither quality schooling - not education - nor wealth can buy a small-minded person a noble class status.
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by TeejayMaya(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
atorioke:
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe on Saturday said he was not stepping down nor die and that there was no one with his political stature who could immediately take over from him.

The 93-year-old leader has been in charge in the former British colony since independence in 1980.

His health is closely watched by Zimbabweans, who fear the country could face chaos if he dies without anointing a successor.

Mugabe told tens of thousands of supporters at a rally in the town of Chinhoyi, in his home province, that doctors were recently surprised by his “strong bone system.”

He has traveled to Singapore three times this year for what officials say is routine medical treatment.

“There is the issue that the president is going. I am not going,” Mugabe told supporters on the grounds of a local university, 100 km west of the capital Harare.

“The president is dying. I am not dying. I will have an ailment here and there but bodywise, all my internal organs … very firm, very strong,” Mugabe said as he leant on the lectern.

Mugabe had walked onto the stage slowly but without assistance.

The issue of who will succeed Mugabe has deeply divided the ruling party, with two factions supporting Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa and Mugabe’s wife Grace.

On Thursday, Grace challenged Mugabe to name his preferred successor, to end divisions over the future leadership of ZANU-PF.

She repeated the call on Saturday, adding that Mugabe would lead the process to choose his eventual successor.

Mugabe said although some party officials wanted to succeed him, he saw no one among his subordinates with his political clout to keep the party united and fend off a challenge from the main opposition Movement for Democratic Change.

“A new man will not have the same stature and the same acceptance as I have managed to secure for the party over the years,” said Mugabe.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/i-will-not-step-down-nor-die-mugabe-boast/

Na wa o!
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by 0b100100111: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
nerodenero:
Mandela is still being remembered. Nobody will remember Mugabe when he is gone. Same thing applies to so many polithiefcians in Nigeria. They should all die already!

Who told you Mugabe wouldn't be remembered? Go back to Wikipedia and explore his exploits.

He was a front runner for Africans emancipation from mental and economic slavery.

He is a league with Mandela, Fela, Thomas Sankara and Oliver Thambo!

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by moshould(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
U can decide to step down or not to... But u can't decide not to die.... U hear me??
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by olayinks007(m): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
nnokwa042:
Africa my Africa ,God what ve I done ? Forgive my sins ,that I bought a fridge for my mum since 2004 till today she never use it more than 3 times,,how can a Person die in Naija with enjoying what Oyibo people re enjoying since 14 AD wetin ? Wetin I do kiss

Lol!!!!!! U funny dude
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by enemyofprogress: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Who cares?if you like take Nigeria join

*HOW GOV FAYOSE WAS SCAMMED MILLIONS WITH 11 PRESIDENT BUHARI'S PICTURES.*

GOVERNOR AYODELE Fayose was very confident, in fact, his confidence was contagious, that he was in possession of ‘exclusive’ photographs to drive home his point to Nigerians that ailing president Muhammadu Buhari who is presently in London on medical leave, was incapacitated and no longer fit to function as president of Nigeria.

He threw caution to the wind and went public with his claim. Little did he know that he was a victim of a carefully coordinated scam. A source close to Abuja revealed that the South West Governor was approached in the Federal capital territory by someone close to the seat of power who claimed some people ‘very close’ to the president were in possession of the said ’11 Pictures’ showing President Buhari in ‘life support machine’, but they would only trade it for money.

The source would not disclose how much the Governor allegedly paid for the 11 photographs, but it ran into “millions of naira”, according to the source.

What Fayose failed to realize was that he was being set up by people close to Abuja to “embarrass him” before the public. “He got the pictures, paid and raced to Ekiti State to organize that press conference on June 6 where he boldly declared Buhari was on Life Support and he had ‘pictures’ to prove his claim.

“They predicted him correctly,” the source said, adding, “someone wanted to shut him up and it was successful to some extent. Not that he was ever taken seriously by many save for his die-hard fans, but now, even his die-hard fans have seen the kind of person he is.”

On why a state governor would not know a photoshoped pictures, the source said: “I told you that the job was ordered by people very close to the seat of power. It was carefully staged, I am sure the photographs were not done in Nigeria, they are so real, it would even fool President Buhari himself. It was just a plot to discredit Fayose further without the presidency responding to him. You know Buhari’s stand on Fayose-SILENCE. This is a man who dared the wife of the president to enter into the US and risk arrest for a crime someone else committed. The whole world save for Fayose was sure it was not Mrs. Aisha Buhari, wife of Nigerian president that was implicated in that Haliburton scandal, but he kept going on it to the extent he became a nuisance not only to himself but his family and state. And what did the presidency do? Aisha Buhari travelled to the US and met with former First Lady, Michelle Obama among others. This time, they played on his irrational behavior and made him look like a fool. It was a well coordinated conspiracy.”

After Fayose realized he had been conned, he never said another word about the 11 ‘Exclusive’ pictures till the visit of the All Progressives Congress, APC Governors to Abuja House, London where Buhari is recovering from an undisclosed ailment. When Fayose attacked the photograph taken with the APC governors as ‘fake’, the presidency as usual did not respond, rather, it organized six Governors from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and since the photographs of the PDP governors were released late Tuesday, Fayose again has crawled back into his woodworks. Before the end of the week, he will definitely find something else to say after he whined about his exclusion from the PDP Governors’ visit to Buhari.
A fool at forty, is a fool forever.
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
grin cheesy when death is on holiday, your mouth can say anything
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by enemyofprogress: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
ajepako:
Werey ni baba yii sha..
your ex grin grin
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by robosky02(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
ok... grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Bullhari007(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
this man is stronger and active than that 73years coma induced vegetable in London hospital
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
No one in the whole of Zimbabwe with political stature to replace him? Are you kidding me
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by kennystar46: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Africa mentality
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by ajepako(f): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:
your ex grin grin

Ex ko, Y ni...

Your daddy-in-law...

tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by moscobabs(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
U will still die
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by xtivin(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
His days are numbered. God don't like this kind of statement
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Greatzeus(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
I don't believe this man is up to 90 years old. By 90 all your hair should be grey,and you will be naturally weak both in appearance and all
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by westbee: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
carry go joor!!!
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Bullhari007(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
dead Mugabe is 1000 times far better than Buhari
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Smooyis(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
Africa, my Africa grin grin grin
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rule the stupid people baba...no be you be the maga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stampede Erupts At Ramadan Charity Distribution In Sanaa: 85 Killed, 322 Injured / Israel Plans To Flood Gaza Tunnels With Seawater – Report / Donald Trump And Vladimir Putin Meet In Finland (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.