Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,444 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype (63702 Views)

Bbnaija: Frodd Uses Veto Power To Nominate Tacha, And 4 Others For Eviction / The Mountain From Game Of Thrones And His Wife In Pictures / More Photos Of 'The Mountain' In Game Of Thrones And His Tiny Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
ChappyChase:

try shooter

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out and see.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by pocohantas(f): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nigerians and their self acclaimed intelligence.
What is the correlation between watching GOT and intelligence?

So...Nigerians are that intelligent and our country is like this.
The kinda things y'all use to feel superior in this country amazes me undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by gentlemayor(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
For me o, I love Action/thriller and sci-fi movies...talk of Tomorrow people, strike back, 24, designated survivor, the man called god, four gods, etc grin cool wink

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by jonbellion(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:
I finished the first season today. It was too slow, like the story wasn't going anywhere, alot of unnecessary scenes.
better call Saul?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Decale: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:
I finished the first season today. It was too slow, like the story wasn't going anywhere, alot of unnecessary scenes.

Continue watching

A 1000 bucks say you'll open a thread about it idolizing the show
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
pwetie:
House of Cards!. No one seems to be talking about this, I came across it this 2017, and so far is the bomb. As for game of thrones, it never had the chance to prove itself because I end up fast forwarding it and then eventually deleting it from my device. May be I should give it a try.
Any other series.........like House of Cards, some pls share!
Yesssssss!! House of cards had adrenaline pumping through my veins, same feeling I had in the earlier seasons of scandal. It's a breathtakingly good show.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:
better call Saul?
breaking bad
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
toysleek:
check out designated survivor and 24 legacy.

Yea, I have Designated Survivor saved up. But I havent started yet. I was chilling until they finish the complete season 1. Now they're done, the second season is coming up soon in September. I'll try to watch it before the season 2 gets half way. How can I miss a series consisting of Jack and Nikita! cheesy

Yeah, I started 24 Legacy, 2 weeks ago. I'm in Episode 3, where Eric Carter got free from breaking into the Police Station. It's been cool so far.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
Decale:

Continue watching

A 1000 bucks say you'll open a thread about it idolizing the show
I intend to. They say it gets better.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by pwetie: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bizibi:
game of thrones is better than house of cards......I've just finished the last season of house of cards,it is a nice series but not close to got.

i'll give it a 4th chance!...I just need something actionable and applicable in real life scenario, mad Ideas like that in House of Cards. Since you hav gone past both!, i'll check out GOT too, I pray the dragon and magic stuff doesn't become a turnoff.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by jonbellion(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
donblade85555:
so u still dae watch cartoon? na wao....
all these stupid tween series, vampire diaries, teen wolf etc they just drop your IQ. How people sit down and watch those shows is beyond me

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by pablito21: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
when is narcos season 3 coming outt?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by jonbellion(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
VickyRotex:

I've heard and read reviews about the walking dead. The action would have done it well for me, but the horror, no. embarassed embarassed Don't like movies filled with horror. The name alone scares me. embarassed
game of thrones is like the walking dead with balls
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by gentleedu(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
game of thrones is the best seasonal movie so far.. mature, unpredictable and interesting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by caesaraba(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
Tomide12:
Away from the hustle and away from life’s worries. We tend to ease stress by entertaining ourselves. When you are deeply amused by Tonto Dike’s marriage theatrics, you may forget that the person sitting beside you has body odour. Movies and series are one guilty pleasure for those who indulge. They spend late nights or weekends to ensure they catch up with their beloved shows.

So just because we love TV and movies too and we enjoy trolling the people that share this our guilty pleasure, let's kuku run through the top 5 TV series that we Nigerians love to overhype. Starting for the king of them:

1. Game of Thrones

We know anything other than profound praise is taken as sacrilege when it comes to Game of Thrones. So before you come for my head, hear me out first.

Game of thrones recently dominated the screens and social media. Nigerians are downloading pirated copies and sharing with their friends. Everyone is talking about winter. Winter is coming they say. First of all, the rave was about the Lannisters, then Jon snow and now Arya Stark or is it Tyrion the dwarf. Ah, let us not forget about Daenerys mother of dragons. After crying about the loss of one character, we always find a way to latch onto another. It is not surprising therefore that for the past two weeks, almost everyone is talking about the 7th season of GOT. Banners, graphics, and even memes are trolling the internet. It got so bad that even haters took to twitter to boast on how they had not watched a single episode. But abeg who that one epp? What is it about GOT that is making people stay so faithful?

2. How To Get Away With Murder

People who did not know about the wonder of Viola Davis got to know about her in HTGWM. She embraced the character Annalise keating so well that it got her an EMMY award. We do not know why Nigerians love this series. But we suspect it is because we are fascinated with getting away with crime legally. Annalise is smart and the way she works with her ambitious students makes the thrill top notch. The suspense here is over the bar and is definitely not for the faint heart. If you are in trouble with the law, you know who to call.

3. Suits

This is another series revolving around law and its legalities. Harvey Specter is a brilliant lawyer and when in need of an associate he hires Mike Ross. Mike, however, is a college dropout but this doesn’t deter him from being smart and witty. We follow them both as they turn from friends to allies and sometimes dangle on a thin thread of betrayal. The series is not only entertaining but also educative. If you are a fan of suits please let us know. What is fascinating about white dudes wearing suits and plotting how to outwit each other?

4. Scandal

Olivia Pope thrives on scandals. From being the President’s media consultant to having her own crisis management firm. She seems to know how to clean up other peoples lives except hers. Her clients have histories and secrets that must be taken care of and so does she and her staff. Again, we can see that Nigerian want to know how to get away with anything. It is a pity that we may not be able to have our own Olivia Pope unless your baba in the village is strong.

5. Power

This series shows that it is only a ghost that can run the underground business and be good at it. It is, however, a pity that Nigerian ghosts are only good at finding their soul mate or looking sideways to cross the road. James St. Patrick the Ghost has a successful nightclub but what you may not know is that he also runs another operation: a drug empire that serves only the rich and influential. You see Nigerians we too like bad things. We may have had our own ghost in Evans but we are happy that his identity has been revealed.

Nigerians like a good story, we like power and danger. We love the thrills that come with being smart and witty. And yes we overhype what we love. Well, I am in my house watching “Nkoli Nwa Nsukka”, you cannot get to me.

http://dala.xyz/2017/07/5-overhyped-series-by-nigerians.html

for more of this kind of articles, www.dala.xyz

Game of thrones overhyped? You are very stupid!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by dabossman(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
These are shows that are enjoyed by a large global audience and not just Nigerians. So to state that Nigerians overhype them means you know little about the successes these shows have achieved globally.

TV series may not be your thing. In the same vein you may not even be into foreign series. Or it may be the genre that doesn't appeal to you. I'm not huge on fantasy/magic, which is why I've still not seen the Harry Potter series, Merlin or even Lord of the Rings beyond the first part.

Growing up, I enjoyed British comedy shows a lot, but a lot of my friends couldn't understand why and mostly preferred American comedy.

I refused to watch GOT too for many years just because I don't like crowd mentality. But I binge watched Seasons 1-6 last December during the Christmas holidays and I must say it was worth the while. Now, I'm following steadily. I think watching and enjoying Vikings was what made me finally decide to give GOT a try.

Different folks, different strokes.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Bullhari007(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
season 24 and Spartacus will never be second to none to any America blockbuster film....
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by dharamanil(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
[quote author=Edenoscar post=58957076]After watching the first season of game of thrones.i made it a habit not to believe everything i read on the internet.the way dem hype

you think say na all the Korean movies wey u dey watch Abeg u n this op neva baff
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Decale: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:
I intend to. They say it gets better.

That's how a good tv series should be. It builds up...

On my 4th rewatch
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by iamkingzlee(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:
Game of thrones is overhyped?

"Jon Snow tomide12 you know nothing"

If you have seen the novel you wouldn't have come to that lame conclusion. Even Seun is an addict.

Well... unintelligent people find amusing things boring.

Just go and continue watching your Jennifer's diary grin

I...vizkiz
First of my name
Master of my phone
Lord of my house and owner of blue font, have just three movies I keep watching over and over again. Which are;
Game of thrones
Supernatural

The rest can go fück themselves.
24!!!!!!!!!! Correct guy
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:

lol.

Mum hates Hollywood movies because of the whole "immoral scenes" like she will say but she knows who Sam, dean castiel and Crowley are. We all sit to catch up with the latest episode.

Yeah, Sam hit a dog and forgot about Dean (when he got trapped in Purgatory and couldn't be rescued) so Dean used that line when Bobby asked "where have you been?"

Dean: I was in purgatory, Sam hit a dog. grin

Yeah Cass died but you know there might be another cass on Earth 2. Supernatural have their way of manipulating things lipsrsealed

Hahahahaha IKR Our Mothers cheesy cheesy cheesy It's a go-to Family fantasy series.

lol. That line is just funny. "Sam hit a dog" I'll google that part and watch it. grin

Yea, you're right. The manipulation thing though. Who knows, the rebirth of Castiel may just be upcoming. Just wondering if that series will ever come to an end. Season 13! Haaaa. I think that's the longest I've heard.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by introvertme: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:
all these stupid tween series, vampire diaries, teen wolf etc they just drop your IQ. How people sit down and watch those shows is beyond me

grin ... including originals?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by dabossman(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:

It has its own target audience. Every show is created for a primary demographic. Some secondary viewers outside that demography may enjoy it too, but there is a major target audience.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
gentlemayor:
For me o, I love Action/thriller and sci-fi movies...talk of Tomorrow people, strike back, 24, designated survivor, the man called god, four gods, etc grin cool wink

Correct! cool cool Oh yea, A man called God. That Korean series right?

I remember seeing the series!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nightking04(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
unuane1:
please where can I download the season 7 of Game Of Throne ? please a link will be appreciated l. Thanks
o2tvseries.com OR mobiletvshows.mobi
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Decale:

That's how a good tv series should be. It builds up...

On my 4th rewatch
haha no tv show is that good.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by uzoexcel(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:
Game of thrones is overhyped?

"Jon Snow tomide12 you know nothing"

If you have seen the novel you wouldn't have come to that lame conclusion. Even Seun is an addict.

Well... unintelligent people find amusing things boring.

Just go and continue watching your Jennifer's diary grin

I...vizkiz
First of my name
Master of my phone
Lord of my house and owner of blue font, have just three movies I keep watching over and over again. Which are;
Game of thrones
Supernatural

The rest can go fück themselves.

Gbam
game of thrones overhyped?
op needs to delete his nl family
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Btw , who dies tomorrow?

I say Greyworm kiss

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
pwetie:

i'll give it a 4th chance!...I just need something actionable and applicable in real life scenario, mad Ideas like that in House of Cards. Since you hav gone past both!, i'll check out GOT too, I pray the dragon and magic stuff doesn't become a turnoff.

Oh you gave GOT 3 chances? Waaawwwuu grin

@ Highlighted, Exactly the reason I love Action/Crime series. Application in real life scenario!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by rman: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Lol, I dey learn work oo
Some people don watch pass me by far..

Yes, friends series is interesting.
That's one of my first American TV shows, I was much younger when I watched it...
It's not as recent as this other ones ooo, lol.
I believe it last aired around 2005 or so grin, that's the final season (10)

But I advise that you watch it, start downloading from season 1, you can do it. cheesy

I began watching the Big bang theory when it was was already at the 9th season grin, baba I download from season 1 to season 10, average of 24 episodes each..
And I didn't regret it'd one bit

I am addicted to BIG BANG THEORY! So funny and witty. I do not know why a lot of peeps do not follow it in Nigeria. I can never be bored with Big Bang Theory.

I really do not like scandals.

Prison Break (Got boring at one point)
NARCOS
Suits
Big Bang Theory
Game of Thrones
House of Cards

Are series I will strongly recommend

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
gentlemayor:
honestly , tomorrow people was pure undiluted crap grin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by emerged01(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
elog:
What's your definition of "overhype"
Odunlade don suffer. Him suppose to dey pray against monitoring spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD SERIES: “24″ Season 9 Episode 9 & 10 / BBNAIJA: Lady Caught Kissing Mike On TV From Home, Nigerians Blast Her / Catalina And Sebastian (C&S): A Telenovela On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.