Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

A Short But Powerful Dua - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Short But Powerful Dua (2829 Views)

Recommended Dua On Laylatul Qodr / Can A Muslim Woman Make Dua During Menstruation? / Best! Best Time For Making (dua) Prayer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short But Powerful Dua by Raintaker(m): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
ALLAHUMMA INNI AS'ALUKA AL'AFIYAH. * ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺇِﻧِّﻲ ﺃَﺳْﺄَﻟُﻚَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺎﻓِﻴَﺔَ
Do you know?
Al-Abbas (R.A.), the Uncle of The Prophet Muhammed ﷺ , came to the Prophet Muhammed ﷺ and said:
“Ya Rasulullah, teach me a Dua.”
The Prophet Muhammed ﷺ said:
“O my Uncle, say:
ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺇِﻧِّﻲ ﺃَﺳْﺄَﻟُﻚَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺎﻓِﻴَﺔَ
"ALLAHUMMA INNI AS' ALUKA AL'AFIYAH"
Meaning: "O Allah, I ask you for Afiyah."
Now what is Afiyah?
Afiyah means:
To be saved from any afflictions, you are in Afiyah.
To be healthy, you are in Afiyah.
To have enough money, you are in Afiyah.
To live, you are in Afiyah.
To have your children protected, you are in Afiyah.
And if you are forgiven and not punished, you are in Afiyah.
So basically, Afiyah means:
“O Allah, protect me from any Pains and Sufferings.”
This includes both Dunya and Akhirah.
Al-Abbas (R.A.) thought about this for a while, and then he came back after a few days and said (paraphrased):
“Ya Rasulullah ﷺ, this Dua seems a little short. I want something big.”
“My Dear Uncle, ask Allah for Afiyah for Wallahi, you cannot be given anything better than Afiyah.”
It is a simple Dua, Sincerely mean what you say while praying.
“O Allah, I ask You to be saved from any Distress, Grief, Hardship, Harm, and don't test me, etc.”
All of above and much more is included in:
(Riyadh As Saliheen, Sunan At-Tirmidhi).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Empiree: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
What Yoruba coined Alafiyah. And they mean the same. What a coincidence. Likewise, Bali as Sarah of nabi ibrahim (as) called her husband. Yoruba women called their husband bale.

God Is Most Gracious, Most Merciful indeed

2 Likes

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Raintaker(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
I think those words were borrowed from the Hausa language, d Hausa language has a closer relationship with the Arabic Language.
The Yorubas later borrowed d words from the Hausa through their trade relationships.
In short Ayalo ede.

2 Likes

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by carinmom(f): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jazakallah khayran @Op.
This dua is indeed powerful.

1 Like

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2017
I love this. . quote fr0m hadith.. and he explained it.. this is islam.. this is knowledge
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Empiree: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
I love this. . quote fr0m hadith.. and he explained it.. this is islam.. this is knowledge
he's sufi so now what do you think undecided he's going to hell?
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2017
Empiree:
he's sufi so now what do you think undecided he's going to hell?
A SUFI QUOTING HADITH? NAH! . . Rainmaker are u a sufi?
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 31, 2017
SUFI aint islam. . .anyone who dies a sufi goes to hell coz he or she isnt a muslim
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by highque: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
A SUFI QUOTING HADITH? NAH! . . Rainmaker are u a sufi? Raintaker

Funny dude, who are the real inheritors of Rosulullah(saw) other than the true-Sufi?

1 Like

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by highque: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2017
Raintaker:
I think those words were borrowed from the Hausa language, d Hausa language has a closer relationship with the Arabic Language.
The Yorubas later borrowed d words from the Hausa through their trade relationships.
In short Ayalo ede.

No!!!
You need to do extra research to discover the true connection btw Arab and Yoruba. But here is a tip from an iceberg; add alphabet "Yau" to arab and pronounce, giving "bau" upper diacritical mark-Fatiha.
This is a hidden truth concerning Yoruba descent if you actually get the message, it is not a coincidence at all.

1 Like

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by highque: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
SUFI aint islam. . .anyone who dies a sufi goes to hell coz he or she isnt a muslim

grin grin grin
Says who? I pity you. I pray Allah forgives me and you and your likes before your/our demise.

1 Like

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
highque:

grin grin grin
Says who? I pity you. I pray Allah forgives me and you and your likes before your/our demise.
NICE. . PROOF YOURSELF RIGHT THAT SUFI IS IN ISLAM.. WITH PROOF FROM QURAN AND HADITH
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Empiree: 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
highque:

grin grin grin
I pulled his leg and he's falling. Raintaker obviously doesn't share his religious view.

Ask him what is sufism - he doesn't know. He will only talk non sense undecided
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
Empiree:
I pulled his leg and he's falling. Raintaker obviously doesn't share his religious view.

OK. . I WANT TO LEARN.. please tell me what is sufism and how its related to islam
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Raintaker(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
A SUFI QUOTING HADITH? NAH! . . Rainmaker are u a sufi?
Lol
Sufis don't quote hadith? Only if you knew how knowledgeable some of them are.
Back to your question, I am a Muslim first and fore most, If being a Sufi means I seek for ways to seek the pleasures of Almighty Allah , then I am a Sufi.
If being a Sufi means I love the prophet(S.A.W) more than anything/ anyone else, then I am a Sufi.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Raintaker(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Empiree:

grin
Empiree:

1 Like

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Raintaker(m): 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
highque:

No!!!
You need to do extra research to discover the true connection btw Arab and Yoruba. But here is a tip from an iceberg; add alphabet "Yau" to arab and pronounce, giving "bau" upper diacritical mark-Fatiha.
This is a hidden truth concerning Yoruba descent if you actually get the message, it is not a coincidence at all.
Lol
You actually didn't know the Hausa were the first to call us Yorubas(Ya ruba, later became Yoruba).
Each individual towns/tribes were known by their peculiar names then(Oyo, Ijesha e.t.c)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Raintaker:
Lol
Sufis don't quote hadith? Only if you knew how knowledgeable some of them are.
Back to your question, I am a Muslim first and fore most, If being a Sufi means I seek for ways to seek the pleasures of Almighty Allah , then I am a Sufi.
If being a Sufi means I love the prophet(S.A.W) more than anything/ anyone else, then I am a Sufi.
I feel like hugging u.. now, do u believe that islam is complete even before the death of rasul? suratul maidah verse 3. . . do u believe that anything rasul didnt practise or say as a form of worship is totally unacceptable? do u believe nothing must be add or remove from islamic rulings since ALLAH said islam is complete in suratul maidah verse 3?
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Empiree: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
OK. . I WANT TO LEARN.. please tell me what is sufism and how its related to islam
You want to learn by calling them kufar?. Learn indeed.

Since you consider yourself "student of knowledge", then, it shouldn't be far fetched for you to grasp traits of sufism in the Quran and hadith. It is there but you have eyes you can not see. You have ears but can not hear. You are just like cattle. undecided
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Empiree: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
My mind clear coz for a sufi to quote hadith, he must believe in it.. m0st sufi rejects hadith..
so now, you have shifted from all sufis reject hadith, quran to some? . You are deluded. Were they not practicing Islam (Quran and hadith) before your were born? .

You want to correct them in 21st century?
Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by Empiree: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
Raintaker:
Lol
You actually didn't know the Hausa were the first to call us Yorubas(Ya ruba, later became Yoruba).
Each individual towns/tribes were known by their peculiar names then(Oyo, Ijesha e.t.c)
lol, I didn't know this cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Short But Powerful Dua by ikupakuti(m): 6:05am On Aug 01, 2017
Raintaker:
ALLAHUMMA INNI AS'ALUKA AL'AFIYAH. * ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺇِﻧِّﻲ ﺃَﺳْﺄَﻟُﻚَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺎﻓِﻴَﺔَ
Do you know?
Al-Abbas (R.A.), the Uncle of The Prophet Muhammed ﷺ , came to the Prophet Muhammed ﷺ and said:
“Ya Rasulullah, teach me a Dua.”
“O my Uncle, say:
Meaning: "O Allah, I ask you for Afiyah."
Now what is Afiyah?
Afiyah means:
To be saved from any afflictions, you are in Afiyah.
To be healthy, you are in Afiyah.
To have enough money, you are in Afiyah.
To live, you are in Afiyah.
To have your children protected, you are in Afiyah.
And if you are forgiven and not punished, you are in Afiyah.
So basically, Afiyah means:
“O Allah, protect me from any Pains and Sufferings.”
This includes both Dunya and Akhirah.
Al-Abbas (R.A.) thought about this for a while, and then he came back after a few days and said (paraphrased):
“Ya Rasulullah ﷺ, this Dua seems a little short. I want something big.”
“My Dear Uncle, ask Allah for Afiyah for Wallahi, you cannot be given anything better than Afiyah.”
It is a simple Dua, Sincerely mean what you say while praying.
“O Allah, I ask You to be saved from any Distress, Grief, Hardship, Harm, and don't test me, etc.”
All of above and much more is included in:
(Riyadh As Saliheen, Sunan At-Tirmidhi).

Nice one OP.

From this hadith, one can easily infer to the saying that, HEALTH is WEALTH.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 steps To Perform Solat Correctly / Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! / Wants To Invite An Atheist To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.