Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,385 members, 7,954,559 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! (2944 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 7:19am On Aug 17, 2012
From watching the debate between Hamza Tzortis and Dan Baker, I realised that there was a question of hell's infinity.

Dan Baker put together two different quotes from different Surahs, one saying that hell is forever and the other saying that hell will last as long as heaven and earth. Hamza could only perambulate around this point.

4;93
But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment.

11;106-108
Those who are wretched shall be in the Fire: There will be for them therein (nothing but) the heaving of sighs and sobs: They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: for thy Lord is the (sure) accomplisher of what He planneth. And those who are blessed shall be in the Garden: They will dwell therein so long for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: a gift without break.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by tbaba1234: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2012
Trying to get away?? Do not worry, there is no contradiction...

The ancient arabs used "as long as the heavens and earth endures" as an idiom for forever... Just like we have our idioms...

Imam Abu Ja`far bin Jarir said, "It was from the customs of the Arabs that when they wanted to describe something that would last forever, they would say, `This is as enduring as the heavens and the earth.' Or, `It will last as until the night and day separate.'

You have to respect the language of revelation... There are many idioms in the Quran that you can not just take literally...

Anyway, Not everyone will spend eternity in hell,Those with faith in their hearts will be let go after a while... Only the worst of the worst will remain...
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2012

4;93
But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment.
intentionally killing a believer [obviously the believer was wrongly cut down]. The condition for remaining in hell is that Allah becomes Angry and cursed the killer who intentionally killed a believer. One will expect that whoever God is Angry with, curses from Him and great punishment can be expected. Now Allah does not say He will show anything on this killer but remaining Angry at him.

11;106-108
Those who are wretched shall be in the Fire: There will be for them therein (nothing but) the heaving of sighs and sobs: They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: for thy Lord is the (sure) accomplisher of what He planneth. And those who are blessed shall be in the Garden: They will dwell therein so long for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: a gift without break.
the dweller of fire here is unlike the one above because of different crimes they committed. While the one above intentionally killed a believer, the group below here is just wretched but not killer of believer intentionally.
The time he will spend in hell is described to the amount of time earth and heavens endure. No one can get to heavens to measure it so we will analyze the time the earth is here today.

The reality is that we do not know for sure how old the earth is because there may be at least a single variable that is so deep in the core of the earth or in the earth atmosphere or some other place under the heavens that man will never discover to be able to say this is how old the earth is, today.

But who knows how long man will remain more from today on the earth? More factors: For sure man will die off completely before the earth will be ended. What will be the amount of time before God destroys the earth after man has died off without a trace of once dominating the earth? Further, who knows the yardstick of how Allah will measure a day which could be as long as 50,000 earth years. What if Allah multiples each day of the earth existence which we dont know now and what it will be when it will be destroyed by 50,000 years?

Can anyone really wants to spend a day in hell? Is it not a known observation that a person experience great difficulty often say it is eternity to him during the difficulty which he does not know the time it will end in the future? A man dipped in hell for a moment and brought forgot that he had ever seen any good in his existence. So considering human experience on earth, eternity is when you see an ending.

God says He can make exception for the group here, showing His Quality of His Unlimited Ability to show Mercy. This people if you notice God did not curse them and has not became Angry with them. The difference of one permanent eternity as in above and the one here is according to Will of Allah, never forgiving the first group and may forgive the later group at some point, earliest time in this is the length of time the earth and heavens endure.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2012

4;93
intentionally killing a believer [obviously the believer was wrongly cut down]. The condition for remaining in hell is that Allah becomes Angry and cursed the killer who intentionally killed a believer. One will expect that whoever God is Angry with, curses from Him and great punishment can be expected. Now Allah does not say He will show anything on this killer but remaining Angry at him.

11;106-108
the dweller of fire here is unlike the one above because of different crimes they committed. While the one above intentionally killed a believer, the group below here is just wretched but not killer of believer intentionally.
The time he will spend in hell is described to the amount of time earth and heavens endure. No one can get to heavens to measure it so we will analyze the time the earth is here today.

The reality is that we do not know for sure how old the earth is because there may be at least a single variable that is so deep in the core of the earth or in the earth atmosphere or some other place under the heavens that man will never discover to be able to say this is how old the earth is, today.

But who knows how long man will remain more from today on the earth? More factors: For sure man will die off completely before the earth will be ended. What will be the amount of time before God destroys the earth after man has died off without a trace of once dominating the earth? Further, who knows the yardstick of how Allah will measure a day which could be as long as 50,000 earth years. What if Allah multiples each day of the earth existence which we dont know now and what it will be when it will be destroyed by 50,000 years?

Can anyone really wants to spend a day in hell? Is it not a known observation that a person experience great difficulty often say it is eternity to him during the difficulty which he does not know the time it will end in the future? A man dipped in hell for a moment and brought forgot that he had ever seen any good in his existence. So considering human experience on earth, eternity is when you see an ending.

God says He can make exception for the group here, showing His Quality of His Unlimited Ability to show Mercy. This people if you notice God did not curse them and has not became Angry with them. The difference of one permanent eternity as in above and the one here is according to Will of Allah, never forgiving the first group and may forgive the later group at some point, earliest time in this is the length of time the earth and heavens endure.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by turnstoner(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2012
MacDaddy01: From watching the debate between Hamza Tzortis and Dan Baker, I realised that there was a question of hell's infinity.

Dan Baker put together two different quotes from different Surahs, one saying that hell is forever and the other saying that hell will last as long as heaven and earth. Hamza could only perambulate around this point.

4;93
But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great pun

11;106-108
I must confess that am usually perplexed by people who try to reason with religionists! You would go round and round in a never ending debate!
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sweetnecta: intentionally killing a believer [obviously the believer was wrongly cut down]. The condition for remaining in hell is that Allah becomes Angry and cursed the killer who intentionally killed a believer. One will expect that whoever God is Angry with, curses from Him and great punishment can be expected. Now Allah does not say He will show anything on this killer but remaining Angry at him.

Lol...the earth is going die when the sun explodes in a trillion years from now. The earth is not eternal.

however, the Quran says that hell is eternal.

How can Gpod have mercy by removing people from hell? Why would he put someone there in the first place? Do you know what it is to burn for a second?
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by LagosShia: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
^

LagosShia: MacDaddy,

i am just going to offer you a piece of advice:if you are sincere insha'Allah by next year's fasting,you will be Muslim.

all the points you raised are trivial except for the question of hell fire.if you do a bit of research,you can get convincing answers.as for relationship of a muslim woman with a non-muslim man,it is not in the interest of Muslims for that to happen.you may feel it is unfair for you,but this law isnt meant to be fair to you regardless of the points or ideas you raise.the law may be unfair to you,but its objective for having it is perfectly fair for Muslims.

going to the subject of hell fire.firstly,as a Muslim myself i do not love seeing people suffer in anyway.that stems from my God-given humane feelings.the questions of hell fire can be misunderstood easily.as a Muslim first and foremost i believe Allah (swt) is merciful (al-rahman) and Just (al-Adl).in fact like i stated in another post,"al-adl al-ilahi" or divine justice is considered as one of the fundamental beliefs in Shia Islam as Tawhid (oneness of God) is considered also.if God is just and merciful,then He is the judge.so if no one deserve to be burning in hell fire then be assured no one would be there.and be rest assured that if anyone make it there,that person would be so evil that in fact would deserve more and that is the least punishment the merciful and just God is giving him.

the issue of hell fire in itself should be understood on its own.hell fire is a realm of existence on its own.you will not enter hell fire as the human being you are living on earth.that is evident in the Quran.Allah (swt) says their skins would be transformed and substituted to endure the heat.there you're experiencing such an environment,you're in an entirely different existence and you're transformed to live in it.for instance,if fishes can talk,i can tell them that i would punish a fish by bringing it out of water.that would definitely sound horrible to the fish.and the fish would think of death and the suffering before that.but in hell fire you will not think of death because you will be made to adapt into that environment and it becomes part of your being.the magnitude of the horror is purely from an earthly perspective even though hell fire isn't something to wish for regardless because we are created and meant to be as we presently are.so if the fish is told that it would be taken out of water and instead of gills it will be transformed into something else to adapt to the atmosphere,then that would become part of the fish's being.i hope you get what i am trying to explain.

as for halal foods,sometimes the food you eat also have spiritual implications.you become what you eat.even though you can cook pork well and make it safe for consumption,but i would not want to become a pig.you may say would i want to be a cow? well not and i wont become a cow,but there are many things about the pig for instance that isnt cool when compared to other animals.i am saying this aside from the health risks and effects.also,there are commands God have put in place to check us and test our obedience and sincerity.

https://www.nairaland.com/1019298/honest-reasons-why-not-muslim#11816593
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by LagosShia: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
^

LagosShia: MacDaddy,

i am just going to offer you a piece of advice:if you are sincere insha'Allah by next year's fasting,you will be Muslim.

all the points you raised are trivial except for the question of hell fire.if you do a bit of research,you can get convincing answers.as for relationship of a muslim woman with a non-muslim man,it is not in the interest of Muslims for that to happen.you may feel it is unfair for you,but this law isnt meant to be fair to you regardless of the points or ideas you raise.the law may be unfair to you,but its objective for having it is perfectly fair for Muslims.

going to the subject of hell fire.firstly,as a Muslim myself i do not love seeing people suffer in anyway.that stems from my God-given humane feelings.the questions of hell fire can be misunderstood easily.as a Muslim first and foremost i believe Allah (swt) is merciful (al-rahman) and Just (al-Adl).in fact like i stated in another post,"al-adl al-ilahi" or divine justice is considered as one of the fundamental beliefs in Shia Islam as Tawhid (oneness of God) is considered also.if God is just and merciful,then He is the judge.so if no one deserve to be burning in hell fire then be assured no one would be there.and be rest assured that if anyone make it there,that person would be so evil that in fact would deserve more and that is the least punishment the merciful and just God is giving him.

the issue of hell fire in itself should be understood on its own.hell fire is a realm of existence on its own.you will not enter hell fire as the human being you are living on earth.that is evident in the Quran.Allah (swt) says their skins would be transformed and substituted to endure the heat.there you're experiencing such an environment,you're in an entirely different existence and you're transformed to live in it.for instance,if fishes can talk,i can tell them that i would punish a fish by bringing it out of water.that would definitely sound horrible to the fish.and the fish would think of death and the suffering before that.but in hell fire you will not think of death because you will be made to adapt into that environment and it becomes part of your being.the magnitude of the horror is purely from an earthly perspective even though hell fire isn't something to wish for regardless because we are created and meant to be as we presently are.so if the fish is told that it would be taken out of water and instead of gills it will be transformed into something else to adapt to the atmosphere,then that would become part of the fish's being.i hope you get what i am trying to explain.

as for halal foods,sometimes the food you eat also have spiritual implications.you become what you eat.even though you can cook pork well and make it safe for consumption,but i would not want to become a pig.you may say would i want to be a cow? well not and i wont become a cow,but there are many things about the pig for instance that isnt cool when compared to other animals.i am saying this aside from the health risks and effects.also,there are commands God have put in place to check us and test our obedience and sincerity.

https://www.nairaland.com/1019298/honest-reasons-why-not-muslim#11816593
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2012
^^^Lol......muslims should lead by example. If you want me to become a muslim, you have to be honest.

Tbaba is the only guy I respect on this forum because he says the good and bad about Islam....although of late, he has been cowardly and avoiding debates.

At least, Sweetnecta explained the contradiction to her best of knowledge.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by tbaba1234: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2012
^ The bad?

Islam is perfect..

Your question has been answered... Thread close...
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ The bad?

Islam is perfect..

Really? Didnt you tell me to accept that the Quran says that a non-muslim can not marry a muslim woman? Is that perfect? lmao

Asper this question, you'll notice that Sweetnecta is perambulating around the issue. I put up 2 quranic verse the sum up my point and she is giving theories that have no grounds in reality or the quran.

-That there is one hell for killers and another for disbelievers
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by LagosShia: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Really? Didnt you tell me to accept that the Quran says that a non-muslim can not marry a muslim woman? Is that perfect? lmao

Asper this question, you'll notice that Sweetnecta is perambulating around the issue. I put up 2 quranic verse the sum up my point and she is giving theories that have no grounds in reality or the quran.

-That there is one hell for killers and another for disbelievers

MacMommy, grin

there is no contradiction in those two verses.

hell fire as paradise also have levels.people are rewarded or punished as they deserve.for instance someone who committed genocide and someone who killed one person could be punished differently in terms of the environment they are placed.

in fact,if we take existence on earth from a relative perspective,and let us say there is another realm of existence,people will not fancy this earthly life and they can see it as full of suffering.others may even see it as punishment beause it presents suffering-which in fact is part of life on earth as a journey full of trials and tribulation.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by tbaba1234: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2012
^I have given you the answer... check ibn kathir tafsir for more

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2877&Itemid=66

May Allah save us all from the Hell fire...
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2012
LagosShia:

MacMommy, grin

there is no contradiction in those two verses.

hell fire as paradise also have levels.people are rewarded or punished as they deserve.for instance someone who committed genocide and someone who killed one person could be punished differently in terms of the environment they are placed.

in fact,if we take existence on earth from a relative perspective,and let us say there is another realm of existence,people will not fancy this earthly life and they can see it as full of suffering.others may even see it as punishment beause it presents suffering-which in fact is part of life on earth as a journey full of trials and tribulation.

Different levels of hell? Is that from the Hadith written by LagosShia? grin grin grin

You are now copying christian mythology- Dante's inferno! Even christians have admitted that the bible doesnt specify any levels of hell.

You are talking nonsense again. There is hell and the question is if it is eternal. Yes or no? You cant give a direct answer.

Please, dont abrogate the Quran.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2012
tbaba1234: ^I have given you the answer... check ibn kathir tafsir for more

Allah should save us from the hell he prepared in the first place?

I wonder how you would react if a salesman came to your door to tell you that he has a product that would save you from mental illness. However, the mental illness virus was designed by him and if you dont believe him/the product, you will suffer the mental illness
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
Contridiction in the quran? If u mention this during one of their Bible bashing trend, your post will be hidden( i. e. if they dont ban u). I enjoy reading reply from lagoshia just that when ever he has a problem giving a straigth answer, he will turn abusive like the rest and accuse u of been insincere. But he is still far more reasonable than some of his muslem brodas.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mee234: Contridiction in the quran? If u mention this during one of their Bible bashing trend, your post will be hidden( i. e. if they dont ban u). I enjoy reading reply from lagoshia just that when ever he has a problem giving a straigth answer, he will turn abusive like the rest and accuse u of been insincere. But he is still far more reasonable than some of his muslem brodas.

LMAO grin grin grin

That is the tactic. When you are losing the debate on your religion,call the opponent a bigot, islamophobe and a liar
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
@MacDaddy01:
by MacDaddy01: 12:41pm On Aug 17

tbaba1234: ^ The bad?

Islam is perfect..

[b]Really? Didnt you tell me to accept that the Quran says that a non-muslim can not marry a muslim woman? Is that perfect? lmao[/b]it is perferct because lion [muslims] is never a spouse of cattle [non muslim]. Besides, Quran gives the reason; disbeliever [in your case atheist man] and even atheist woman can not be the spouse of a muslim [woman], and even men making the allowance to marry non muslim wife a thing with guideline.

[quote]Asper this question, you'll notice that Sweetnecta is perambulating around the issue.
perambulating i did not: the eternity of punishment is even as long as there is intense punishment, not knowing when it will be ending. God may not end it if He wills. Only an ignorant prideful person will say he will rush in to a raging inferno for 10 minutes. How much will the pain be in that length of time? So the permanent eternity and the eternity that God may stop by His Will both are not what a person should want to experience. In spite that Allah did not say he is Angry and curses on the other group, it is His Will to stop it or not.

I put up 2 quranic verse the sum up my point and she is giving theories that have no grounds in reality or the quran.
I am a he, silly. And if I were younger and live in England, your muslim girl you will lose in a heartbeat because she will definitely prefer a muslim nigerian as a husband over an atheist nigerian boyfriend. And there is no theory in my response because while you rushed through your reasoning, I took the verses in. I say "if Allah Wills" in the case where it may end. "May end" I say because "if Allah Wills" it not to end no one can do anything about it.

-That there is one hell for killers and another for disbelievers huh
look at it this way; its a prison. Some are isolated as lifers, getting no contact with the general population at all and having just 1 hour of light, everyday.
the other is a prison that may have an ending if parole is granted.

do you want one of them? for me, neither.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
@MacDaddy01:
by MacDaddy01: 2:36pm On Aug 17

tbaba1234: ^I have given you the answer... check ibn kathir tafsir for more

Allah should save us from the hell he prepared in the first place?
remember you dont believe He exists and He didnt create anything. If the kitchen stove is too hot for you to lean over when you are cooking, maybe you should change your disbeliever concept and know that you need Him Who you can not totally conceptualize, capturing His full essence.

I wonder how you would react if a salesman came to your door to tell you that he has a product that would save you from mental illness. However, the mental illness virus was designed by him and if you dont believe him/the product, you will suffer the mental illness
if the sales person has total control over me, then I have no choice but to accept his statement. This salesman's idea of control if I accept your premise as I am refining it in my way that he has absolute control, then he will have that control over me that I realize that I need him. Others do need him so as much as I do. A doctor is more likely to illustrate this need on a sick person in the hospital ward.

But the position of the salesperson is simply temporary because he will need the very device he is trying to get me to buy. Hie and the doctor are mere humans like me, and could be in my shoes just as quickly. So their authorities over me are at best temporary.

The case of God is difference. Regardless of your denial, He is Permanent and Absolute. So you will have to know that God is not the salesman, messengers/prophets were. God is the designer of the product that will make your life okay which the salesperson is telling yo to even take without paying for it. All you have to do is to remember using it according to instruction, everyday and at the end of term, you will be evaluated on your usage and remembrance of its constant use as per manual.

If you buy Rose-Royce and refuse to follow the instructions provided for oil changes in engine maintenance, will you have the right of recourse with the car company when you have no transportation because the engine is damaged?
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ Sweetnecta.

Have you heard of the golden rule?

"do unto others as you would want others to do unto you"

If you allow muslim men to marry non-muslims, non-muslim men should marry muslims. But since you are brainwashed and your morality is twisted by religious dogma, you would not see the hypocrisy in your argument.

Furthermore, you are debunking yourself. Is hell eternal or finite? Simple question. The Quran says both.

You say God is permanent and absolute. Yet, there is no evidence for him
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
@MacDaddy01: To explain my golden rule, and using nigerian jingoism: When I toast a woman for wife she will hear me say to her "if you want me, you must be a muslim".

And hell is Permanent and could be if Allah Wills it for some, finite, having an end.
Life on earth is lived as if it is permanent: part of a hadith.
Life on earth is lived as if it is ending right now: the other part of the same hadith.

The message of the hadith [Allah and His messenger [sa] only know], with a reality that I know is that I did not know for sure when i started living this life. I will not know for sure when my time will be up. One thing I know now is that I am here now; I have lived some life and for certain I will die and the world/life will remain for as long as God permits it.

Then Judgment Day.

Hey. Have you heard of the Golden Rule of God? "I your Lord is your God. So worship Me and obey My Commandments".

When you are closing your eyes and do not use your mind, you ask where your God is.

Do you have a mind? Where is it? If you a creature like me know that you have a mind and you will never be able to show that very mind as a physical component like the limb or liver is, how do you expect to see your Creator Who created the mind you have yet cant show the mind to me?
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
Sweetnecta: @MacDaddy01: To explain my golden rule, and using nigerian jingoism: When I toast a woman for wife she will hear me say to her "if you want me, you must be a muslim".

And hell is Permanent and could be if Allah Wills it for some, finite, having an end.
Life on earth is lived as if it is permanent: part of a hadith.
Life on earth is lived as if it is ending right now: the other part of the same hadith.

The message of the hadith [Allah and His messenger [sa] only know], with a reality that I know is that I did not know for sure when i started living this life. I will not know for sure when my time will be up. One thing I know now is that I am here now; I have lived some life and for certain I will die and the world/life will remain for as long as God permits it.

Then Judgment Day.

Hey. Have you heard of the Golden Rule of God? "I your Lord is your God. So worship Me and obey My Commandments".

When you are closing your eyes and do not use your mind, you ask where your God is.

Do you have a mind? Where is it? If you a creature like me know that you have a mind and you will never be able to show that very mind as a physical component like the limb or liver is, how do you expect to see your Creator Who created the mind you have yet cant show the mind to me?

In reality, there is no such thing as a mind. It is a function of the brain. No brain, no mind

You are just contradicting yourself. Is hell eternal; yes or no?
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
^^ There are many things that are in your missing link.
if somebody is functioning without a full deck, it is you.

how do you suddenly assume that mind is a function of the brain?
are you just talking without thinking it through?

which one is more important to man to be alive: brain or heart?

we have seen people missing part of the brain and they are alive.
if a person is missing part of the heart and it is not repaired to a whole, death will occur as soon as possible.

few years ago, I saw a chicken on a far in iowa or so that had no head, yet lived for many many days or even months.

have you heard of headless chicken? it can function without the head so it is without the brain.

i have not heard of heartless chicken alive before. mind must therefore the exclusive functions of the brain,
but more of the heart and less of the brain.

and i have answered your hell and eternity as both eternity and if God Wills temporary eternity.
the question is do you want one of the two for yourself?

i dont want either and i dont wish it on those who are alive because the Door of Forgiveness is flung wide open for all to enter.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^ There are many things that are in your missing link.
if somebody is functioning without a full deck, it is you.

how do you suddenly assume that mind is a function of the brain?
are you just talking without thinking it through?

which one is more important to man to be alive: brain or heart?

we have seen people missing part of the brain and they are alive.
if a person is missing part of the heart and it is not repaired to a whole, death will occur as soon as possible.

few years ago, I saw a chicken on a far in iowa or so that had no head, yet lived for many many days or even months.

have you heard of headless chicken? it can function without the head so it is without the brain.

i have not heard of heartless chicken alive before. mind must therefore the exclusive functions of the brain,
but more of the heart and less of the brain.

and i have answered your hell and eternity as both eternity and if God Wills temporary eternity.
the question is do you want one of the two for yourself?

i dont want either and i dont wish it on those who are alive because the Door of Forgiveness is flung wide open for all to enter.

Ignorance is a disease. The mind is a function of the brain. The mind does not exist in reality, it is a description of the thinking and reasoning abilities of the brain.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 12:51am On Aug 22, 2012
@MacDaddy01;
by MacDaddy01: 10:29pm On Aug 20

Ignorance is a disease. The mind is a function of the brain. The mind does not exist in reality, it is a description of the thinking and reasoning abilities of the brain.
do you have a mind of your own? it is an expression talking about the feeling and emotion felt from the heart.

I see you worship your brain; intellect and the british guys hawkins, hutchenson and dead one without God.

you remind me of the christians who talk about spirit of man and when their bible talks about soul.

My frame was not hidden from You,when i was made in secret,and skillfully wrought in the highest parts of the earth. Marvellous are Your works,and THAT my soul knows well; I will praise You,for i am fearfully AND wonderfully made.
there is no spirit in there but soul. And they argue about spirit the same way you are blindly talking about brain instead of the heart.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 1:26am On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: @MacDaddy01; do you have a mind of your own? it is an expression talking about the feeling and emotion felt from the heart.

I see you worship your brain; intellect and the british guys hawkins, hutchenson and dead one without God.

you remind me of the christians who talk about spirit of man and when their bible talks about soul.

there is no spirit in there but soul. And they argue about spirit the same way you are blindly talking about brain instead of the heart.

You are damn ignorant. The heart has nothing to do with emotions.

please use google and learn about the mind.

You ask if hve a mind of my own? You are asking the wrong question. A better question is if I have a brain of my own
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 3:13am On Aug 22, 2012
www.therealessentials.com/followyourheart.html

. . . ."...our hearts may actually be the
'intelligent force' behind the intuitive
thoughts and feelings we all experience.". . .

www.metaphysics-for-life.com/brain-hemispheres.html
. . . Without intuition, inspiration, and inner guidance from the Heart, choice and creativity cannot happen.

The mind is "enlightened" when leadership is given to the Heart. But a healthy brain, including integration of left and right brain hemispheres. is required for the Heart to connect to the mind. . . .
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 3:20am On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: www.therealessentials.com/followyourheart.html

. . . ."...our hearts may actually be the
'intelligent force' behind the intuitive
thoughts and feelings we all experience.". . .

www.metaphysics-for-life.com/brain-hemispheres.html
. . . Without intuition, inspiration, and inner guidance from the Heart, choice and creativity cannot happen.

The mind is "enlightened" when leadership is given to the Heart. But a healthy brain, including integration of left and right brain hemispheres. is required for the Heart to connect to the mind. . . .

LMAO.....are you educated at all? Simple biology will tell you that the brain is for thinking and not the heart. "Heart" is used figuratively.

Please, use google to your advantage. You were searching for nonsense to support your claims.

You can start with wikipedia and learn the basics about the human brain or mind
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by LagosShia: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Different levels of hell? Is that from the Hadith written by LagosShia? grin grin grin

You are now copying christian mythology- Dante's inferno! Even christians have admitted that the bible doesnt specify any levels of hell.

You are talking nonsense again. There is hell and the question is if it is eternal. Yes or no? You cant give a direct answer.

Holy Quran 4:145
"Indeed, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire - and never will you find for them a helper -"
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by justaqad(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Hell is eternal.but some of the occupants might not be according to the wish of Allah.its like saying is prison forever?yes it is,but jail terms varies.
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by Sweetnecta: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
@MacDaddy01;
by MacDaddy01: 3:20am

LMAO.....are you educated at all? Simple biology will tell you that the brain is for thinking and not the heart. "Heart" is used figuratively.

Please, use google to your advantage. You were searching for nonsense to support your claims.

You can start with wikipedia and learn the basics about the human brain or mind
Google is an american product. Though you cant touch it. Its not physical. You live in England, across the pond from America.

Biology is related to medicine. Medicine deals more intensively with Brain, Heart. Yet medicine is not an exact science the reason not all the time the same medicine applies to the same disease in different people.

Mind is not something capture, not physical.

You are no expert on any branch of biological or physical science. From your idea of running from pillar to post on this site, you probably study something from social science or humanity.

How come therefore your idea about Mind is the absolutely correct idea?

I think you are so naive and to cure you from this wretched mindset you have since you have no heart to lead you that to ignore you sometimes may just be the right amount of dose.

Have you heard charge it to my brain, not to my heart?
Re: Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran! by MacDaddy01: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: @MacDaddy01; Google is an american product. Though you cant touch it. Its not physical. You live in England, across the pond from America.

Biology is related to medicine. Medicine deals more intensively with Brain, Heart. Yet medicine is not an exact science the reason not all the time the same medicine applies to the same disease in different people.

Mind is not something capture, not physical.

You are no expert on any branch of biological or physical science. From your idea of running from pillar to post on this site, you probably study something from social science or humanity.

How come therefore your idea about Mind is the absolutely correct idea?

I think you are so naive and to cure you from this wretched mindset you have since you have no heart to lead you that to ignore you sometimes may just be the right amount of dose.

Have you heard charge it to my brain, not to my heart?

LMAO.....keep showing your ignorance.

You think with your brain. The mind can not exist without the brain. You dont think with your heart literally, it is only figurative or metaphorical.

I now see why you are religious. You fail at basic commonsense.

I dont have "ideas" about the mind but rather facts about the brain. What I know from basic biology is that the brain is responsible for all thinking and therefore the mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hadith On Repentance / Adopting A Gentle Approach When Advising People Is Sunnah / Sustenance And Livelihood Are Preordained In Certain Measures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.