Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) (45030 Views)

Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" / Dambe: A Game Of Relaxation For The Northerners In Obalende - Photos / Reactions As Anambra Begins Demolition Of 'Shanties' In Onitsha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by menwongo(m): 9:26am On Jul 30, 2017
Freemancipation:
The same areas ambode got his votes during election. Where are they going to live? Lagos should brace itself for a bigger wave of homeless people roaming on the streets.
Believe me you 99% of those affected are not from Lagos, can't they go back to their state? Or is it only Lagos one can survive

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by tolue42(m): 9:26am On Jul 30, 2017
sarrki:

Most of the illegal became illegal due to the land act

Some of them have live over 30years in that place

We are in democracy is all about the people

Relocating them will help stop another shanties in future

actually , drmocracy dosnt give you room to claimanother persons properties or land. even during trump saga, mexicans who were born in usa for over 40years were deported, because their parents document shows they came through illegal mean. So because those children were born in USA doesnt make them legal. my opinion though.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2017
0b100100111:

Re Igbo's humans?

We talking about 1st class citizens of the state here!

I am 100% Yoruba.

Igbos are obviously humans as you and I know.

If you are teamed at work with baboons and hyenas to come up with a quality product, you will fail, I doubt if you will even survive the process! Those creatures are not humans.

An Igbo man is a human being.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
For the love of Christ! angry

Why are you people this disgusting? What has this thread got to do with Igbos? Why does he have to feel sorry for you people? Doesn't one have the right to live who they wanna love and not love who they don't want to anymore? What makes you think one MUST sympathise with you when you are visited with some misfortune?

When the said shops were demolished, were igbos the only ones affected? Why should he single igbos out to sympathise with?

Haven't you realised the inviolable law of nature that "whatever you sow, you shall reap" applies to you people as well? You wake up everyday and openly wish someone's dad, husband, brother, uncle, and president does simply because you HATE him, then turn around hoping folks would love you?

Your attitude is utterly reprehensible. Deal with your issues like a man and stop hoping around looking for sympathisers like sissies.
you said it all. They like playing victim. Igbo man want to have his way on all issue not because he is qualified but because he is Igbo.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2017
48 Hours notice ??

This is just wickedness and in the middle of the rainy season ?
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by tydi(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2017
Must you always politicize everything all the time

drake2000x:

You didn't say the same when Igbo-dominated shops were raced down? Shouldn't they also get cushion Mr. hypocritical Afonja?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Princewell2012(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2017
adextetoo:
How can you give just 48hours ultimatum? Is this a military regime? Where did you provide as substitute for those people affected? Ambode come and answer my questions.

You see now. What is differents between now and military regime?
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Sagay212: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2017
sarrki:
In as much as I support new Lagos

I will advice the Lagos state government to look for lands along ikorodu and build estates so that when you clean up the shanties there will be immediate cushion.

I may be right or wrong

All I know is Eko onibaje

They will not build anything and I do not pity the victims one bit. The same stupid people will be the ones dancing and sewing aso ebi for a useless governor who will commission ordinary BRT terminal. They construct drainage, they will commission and waste money. When 2019 comes, you will see the same people whose shops were demolished waving stup.id brooms all over supporting their useless and greedy politicians. Do you know that the owners of this shops paid money before they could put their shops there? These people also pay some form of levy every day to the evil iya olojas and Co. The same govt will sell land to you and in 3 or 4 years, they'll suddenly remember that the land is blocking canals, after collecting tenement rates, they'll remember your house is disrupting the plan of Lagos state. What kind of govt is that if not a fraudulent govt. The masses should continue to support them and suffer the more.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Sagay212: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Atiku2019:

Give Lands or financial compensation to occupants of illegal structures? Tho It Saddening seeing people live in such conditions cry

But it wasn't illegal when they were collecting money and all forms o fraudulent levies from them
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by juman(m): 9:48am On Jul 30, 2017
Unfortunate.

Common man losing their shed they stay.

Many of them suppose to be living in their villages, but nigeria became destroyed.

People are forced moving to major cities.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by juman(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2017
Lagos is overpopulated.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by basic23111: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

You didn't say the same when Igbo-dominated shops were raced down? Shouldn't they also get cushion Mr. hypocritical Afonja?
u Iook exactly like Ur mumu comment

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by arsenal33: 9:58am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

that is an opportunity for those ones to relocate to biafra

(abi dem no wan go to promise land?)

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Btruth: 9:58am On Jul 30, 2017
whitebeard:
48hrs...u expect them to build new house or get a new one within 48hrs....!!
I wouldn't mind that report that says 48hrs notice. No government will issue a 48hrs notice to her subjects before demolition.

Don't mind the media.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by themayor4542(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2017
Jabioro:
No pains no gains.. but there must be palliative measures for them.. the time is too short for them to be relocated
48 hours is way too short.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by zikter(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2017
whitebeard:
48hrs...u expect them to build new house or get a new one within 48hrs....!!
read the news carefully it says " prior warnings INCLUDING a 48hrs notice" what do you understand by that statement? it simply means after giving them warning of the demolition, they were informed to pack out in two days to wherever they have gotten. but trust Nigerians, they will sleep soundly as if all is well, only to start crying when the bulldozers are at work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by arsenal33: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2017
Illegal structures in Ikoyi and parkview along the flood path remain standing. (oh those are for the rich).

The new high rises all over Ikoyi are not part of the masterplan
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by arsenal33: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2017
adextetoo:
How can you give just 48hours ultimatum? Is this a military regime? Where did you provide as substitute for those people affected? Ambode come and answer my questions.

military regimes are better.

there wouldnt have been this much dirt.
and if you are filthy, you get whipped with koboko
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2017
Atiku2019:

Give Lands or financial compensation to occupants of illegal structures? Tho It Saddening seeing people live in such conditions cry
they are even lucky they are not paying fine for illegally occupying government land.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by elmagnifico411(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

wetin concern Lagos with igbos? Una dey allow yorubas for Una side? U guys will come here and be talking trash, yet u won't leave the Lagos for your yeye east where u seem to have it all.. backward set of people looking for who to hip their backwardness on.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2017
elmagnifico411:
[s]wetin concern Lagos with igbos? Una dey allow yorubas for Una side? U guys will come here and be talking trash, yet u won't leave the Lagos for your yeye east where u seem to have it all.. backward set of people looking for who to hip their backwardness on[/s].

Typical Afonja with no sense. Can you understand over 40% of Lagos population is Igbo? Can you understand over 70% of Lagos revenue come from Igbos?
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by themayor4542(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2017
agbangam:

Must u guys show ur useless tribal war on a every thread Dem swear for una Igbo dis IPoB dat!! U guys heart are just filled with hate and anger... Na wa una oo
My brother, I tire.
Every thread has a tribal undertone. Even the ones that has nothing to do with tribe people will still turn it to Yoruba /Igbo face off. The hate is just too much. And those that caused this inter tribal hatred and division are enjoying their lives and hugging themselves. Whereas we the oppressed are here hating and fighting each other.
I wonder when we will get it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by penta(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

Who sent Igbo, you better go back to your​ agbani, nkanu, igbo etiti etc and resettle there NOW. Nonsense illiterate​ and impatient group of people. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by ProWalker: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2017
cursedOjukwu:

behave!!!

Receive sense!

Good riddance to all sources of flooding in Lagos.
Getting rid of severe flooding is a task that must be done
Next stop, Parkview and Osborne Foreshore, then onto Lekki phase 1

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by ProWalker: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

Typical Afonja with no sense. Can you understand over 40% of Lagos population is Igbo? Can you understand over 70% of Lagos revenue come from Igbos?

You come about this stunning statistics from your dirty bedroom in abakaliki or Aba?
Tell me the industrial sector in Lagos where you give Lagos this your stunning revenue?
Aba boy lying in his head grin
Aturu!! Onye-liar grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by fatiaforreal: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

My friend pack and get away! We don't need you here.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
NOC1:
If the state flood all you will be shouting useless government, when they are trying to cleanup the mess that lead to the flood you guys are now critising Him. You can't please man.
Most of those shanties where build ontop of drainages there by blocking runoffs...
Absolutely! and these shanties are hideouts for criminals and it can be polluted too there by causing cholera epidemic or other illnesses

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2017
NOC1:
If the state flood all you will be shouting useless government, when they are trying to cleanup the mess that lead to the flood you guys are now critising Him. You can't please man.
Most of those shanties where build ontop of drainages there by blocking runoffs...
yeah so true,you can imagine 16states affected by flood,sometimes I wonder if this I caused by climate change or as a result of human activities

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by zikter(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2017
menwongo:

Believe me you 99% of those affected are not from Lagos, can't they go back to their state? Or is it only Lagos one can survive
this is what baffles me. if I can't find at least in Lagos to live in legally, then what am I doing in Lagos? I will go back to my village as simple as that. it is not a must to live in Lagos. I don't just understand people. on top of that if government give them warning and final notice, they will still be behaving like nothing is at stake

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by vecman222(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

Tell your people to park there load and leave na..na by force See me see trouble ooo

Go back to your land na

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by zikter(m): 10:36am On Jul 30, 2017
frosbel2:
48 Hours notice ??

how are you people complaining about the notice reading and comprehending this news? go back and read it carefully again and you will see prior notice before the 48 hrs

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by StOla: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2017
frosbel2:
48 Hours notice ??

The report states that prior notices were already given including a 48hrs notice which was obviously the last notice to warn finally about what must happen.

Even if notices were given for 2yrs and a final notice was given 24hrs before, most will still be there waiting till the heavens fall on them.

Go back and read the report again.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Female IPOB Member On Horse Leads "No Election In Anambra" Campaign (Video) / Lagos Police Command Reacts To Attack On Obidients By APC Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.