Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise (15841 Views)

Port Harcourt Is Originally Borokiri Not Igwuocha As IPOB Claims / Army’s Python Should Dance In Israel Where Kanu Is, Not Igboland – Ohanaeze / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Listen good.

Igbo are blessed with land in abundance.

Igboland can host at least 12 world class cities and house the entire Biafra population.

Nobody is fighting over Port Harcourt, the city is their for all Rivers people to live and trade in peace.

It is the present capital of Rivers State. Whether u are Ikwerre, Kalabari, Ogoni, Obolo, Igbo, Ekpeye or Ogba.

Stop ur bitterness towards the igbo we have asked u to carry Lagos on ur head and let us have our Biafra in peace, u people refuse.

If u dont want to change, please let us go with our Biafra in peace.

U are not doing anything for us.
PHC is not just for Rivers people to inhabit, it is also home to people of different ethnicities and tongues, including Igbo nation.

The land precedes us and we will not take a pinch of sand to the grave when we Die.

As long as I am concerned, people can live and work wherever they wish without fear or favor. My only concern is people should cease from rewriting history and renaming territories.

We are humans first BEFORE any ethnic affiliation.
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AkinPhysicist: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Eastfield1:

Femi Base.
I just pity you.
keep trolling here.
the day your people will make a move toward Kwara & Kogi.
you will see Opposition from us Igbo's that day.
trust me

And Igbo's opposition means what exactly? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The worst you can do is come to a Yoruba man's forum and make noise. And we (Yorubas) will still go and achieve our goals on the ground.

This is why we 'love' you eboes...you are so lame and predictable cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nengibo: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Eastfield1:
come carry Opobo now.
we dey wait una
Lol, where you dey for Opobo?
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Agbaletu: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Eastfield1:

Femi Base.
I just pity you.
keep trolling here.
the day your people will make a move toward Kwara & Kogi.
you will see Opposition from us Igbo's that day.

trust me
Can you put more light on this?
You will stop my people from being Yoruba or what? My father has a very big compound in Jebba and you will stop them from being Yoruba?
I just don't understand you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Ogbuefi2020: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Can you back this up? Also does Amaechi opinion surpass Ikwerre Declaration or [b]Ogbakor [/b]Ikwerre Convention on Human Right?

Meanwhile, Ayam waiting
THis guy na big fooool oo, what is Ogbakor, is it not igbo language? Lol

6 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Malawian(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Exactly my point. I am an Okrika man, the Okrika man will always say 'I am Ijaw", the Kalahari man same even the man from Otuoke. The Apoi man don't need to meet the Andoni or Ibani man to inform him that he is Ijaw, neither the man from Brass don't need to meet the man from Eugenni and Ahoada West to tell him that he is Ijaw.

Everybody speak for themselves
Even your Okirika is 80% Igbos. The Tubonijis [Igbo] are 80% of the total population in Okirika, when they time comes, you will get back into your boats.

5 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Some Ikwere people will tell u dey are Igbos and others will say Ikwere. If it was an apple, do u throw dem all away becos some u consider bad?

Igbo nationalism is on the rise becos of this type of confusion caused by the Biafra war. U are going to see a more aggressive resurgence of igboness in the coming years.
...excellent. Then should we discard those who belongs and are active members of Ohaneze Ndigbo? No! So the entire argument caused by that imbecelic boy (Tonye) is useless. So ikwerre's are igbos and an ikwerre man is an ikwerre man. Period! When the critical moments come, the majority will decide who they are.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Malawian(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
nextdoor84:

Your rants on this forum are repugnant!!..because of your s!!ly self I was banned for some days..wake up buddy, cos obviously you are still in far away la la land.start planning where your capital would be when your dream state of Oil Rivers finally arrives.. Portharcourt is a no go area for the ijaws!!
who and who is in this phantom oil rivers state? cos even the Ogoni will not go with the Ijaw anywhere. In the end, nothing more than boundary adjustment will be required.
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by WeirdWolf: 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=amjoseph19 post=58971199]
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by lordonwils(m): 1:14am On Jul 31, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

It is good that you argue intelligently and not unintelligently. You run to Wikipedia when nobody will accept it for intellectual discuss except there are facts to back up.

What does Ikwerre people talk of themselves?

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention, a cultural organization of Ikwerre people, in a paper presented to the Human Rights Violation Commission headed by Rtd. Justice Chukwudifu Oputa on 10 October 2001, said:“Ikwerre ethnic nationality is not and has never been a sub-group of any other tribe in Nigeria including Ndi-Igbo. There is no doubt that the advent of the British and later regionalization put Ndi-Igbo at the helm of affairs in Eastern Nigeria. This brought Ndi-Igbo into Ikwerre land. In course of time, the Igbo took advantage of their position in the then Eastern Regional Government to grab land in Ikwerre and occupy political positions such as the mayor of Port Harcourt. In the process, Ikwerre along with other minority groups were marginalized and driven to the background.”

RUMUOMASI Deceleration of Ikwerre People

" … in their meeting at Rumuomasi in 1965 the Ikwerre had, under the umbrella of a highly promising new body that was to get the Ikwerre together as a people of new and clearer vision, they had declared themselves as a people of the distinct identity of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality - not Ibo, not Ijo, not anything else but Ikwerre, Iwhnurọhna. This was the historic Rumuomasi Declaration of 1965 (G.O.M. Tasie, 2000).

Just like Ogoni people have Ogoni Bill of Right, Ijaws have Kaiama Declaration, Urhobo have theirs same with Efik ans Ibibio, so is Ikwerre.

I'm not aware that anything has changed.

So which group in Rivers claim to be Igbo?
Tonye you have spoken very well.
You see, I am an ikwerre man from Orogbum Town in Ogbum-nu-abali. A lot of folks thought it was after war that the ikwerre people started this campaign of "I am ikwerre and nothing else". I am glad people like you still exist.
The likes of late chief Wonodi have fought and won this battle before, so it is not new to us.
Ikwerre is known as an independent ethnic nationality in the UN.we May be small compared to our big neighbour but can NEVER be intimidated again!. let them come

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by USSSFEDERATION: 1:37am On Aug 01, 2017
we are not claiming to be igbo because we can never be good with igbos , uou see i dont know people in the south south are just if they are , i think we should be known as our own selves thats why i want you to please visit this website @www.unitedstatesofsout.wixsite.com/usssfederation . i think you would love the new development on board and please help publish to the whole of port Harcourt

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
nextdoor84:

I am waiting for you to come and chase me away from my home state of Rivers...fishheads!!

Cc: Tonyebarcanista, Ekinematics

2004?
It's obvious we've been replying kids.
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nextdoor84(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ekinematics:

2004?
It's obvious we've been replying kids.

What has 2004 got to do with my age...that was when I collected my LGA letter...you can arrange our meeting so you can ascertain my age yourself..
Mr Old Man!!
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by enemybulldozer(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You are talking of 1959 when there was Igbo dominated Eastern Region.

Meanwhile as far back as 1912, the Ijaws (Okrika) signed the first treaty with the British for the establishment of Portharcourt. A second treaty was entered with Rebisi Chiefs (Ikwerre) (brokered by Ijaws) in 1913. That was prior to amalgamation.

Go and collect it back oga Sir if you aren't satisfied with the status quo

What do you mean by "Igbo dominated" eastern region??
And the treaty you are talking about is for what exactly??
I hope you will not runaway grin grin
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by enemybulldozer(m): 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
nextprince:
Carry am by force na.
Still wandering why the forced attachment to nd rich region.
Potors are parasites.
What are you fighting for?? What do you have to offer??
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
aniomafirstson:

sharrap why not stick to your ijaw issues

wetin concern you and ikweree

port Harcourt(igweocha) is 90% igboland
the Igbos in rivers state are all settlers. All the tribes in rivers state are minorities.
The Igbo speaking parts of rivers state are settlers.
Rivers state is South South and has nothing in connection with the Igbos

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
nextdoor84:

What has 2004 got to do with my age...that was when I collected my LGA letter...you can arrange our meeting so you can ascertain my age yourself..
Mr Old Man!!

Lol.
When we with LGA identification 2yrs after birth are talking you shouldn't even cough.
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by fratermathy(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
@TonyeBarcanista and Ekinematics:

The only thing that really amazes me about this thread is that it is only non-Ikwerres who are killing themselves here that Ikwerres are Igbo. I believe the Ikwerres should have the final say on this issue.

In Delta, we have the Itsekiri who are undeniably Yoruboid. However, for reasons best known to them, they claim to be Itsekiri and Itsekiri only (even though they acknowledge their Yoruba heritage and their language is deemed a Yoruboid one). The Yorubas don't go around claiming Itsekiri because they respect the opinion of the people. If the Itsekiris should turn around tomorrow and say they are Yorubas, they would be warmly welcomed into Oodua Nation with open arms.

The same thing applies to the Ikwerre. What are the Ikwerre people saying that they are? What is the general consensus on Ikwerre identity based on statements, facts and figures? That is what everyone should listen for and respect. Igbos can create thousands of threads and shout that Ikwerres are Igbos but ONLY the Ikwerre opinion on this is binding and respected.

Last I checked, Ikwerres said they were NOT Igbos! Whatever semblances they bear with Igbo doesn't matter anymore. Their wishes should be respected by all and sundry.

2 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Efewestern: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
fratermathy:

The only thing that really amazes me about this thread is that it is only non-Ikwerres who are killing themselves here that Ikwerres are Igbo. I believe the Ikwerres should have the final say on this issue.

In Delta, we have the Itsekiri who are undeniably Yoruboid. However, for reasons best known to them, they claim to be Itsekiri and Itsekiri only (even though they acknowledge their Yoruba heritage and their language is deemed a Yoruboid one). The Yorubas don't go around claiming Itsekiri because they respect the opinion of the people. If the Itsekiris should turn around tomorrow and say they are Yorubas, they would be warmly welcomed into Oodua Nation with open arms.

The same thing applies to the Ikwerre. What are the Ikwerre people saying that they are? What is the general consensus on Ikwerre identity based on statements, facts and figures? That is what everyone should listen for and respect. Igbos can create thousands of threads and shout that Ikwerres are Igbos but ONLY the Ikwerre opinion on this is binding and respected.

Last I checked, Ikwerres said they were NOT Igbos! Whatever semblances they bear with Igbo doesn't matter anymore. Their wishes should be respected by all and sundry.

The itsekiri/Yoruba case is one nice example, the ondo dialect is 80% same with itsekiri , ilaje share same culture with itsekiri, same tradition, but itsekiri prefer a new identity which the yorubas accepted , another is urhobo / isoko you won't see urhobo claiming isoko even if we share everything together, we respect their identity. sometimes I do ask people what exactly is the difference between urhobo and isoko?, I understand your language, u bear my name, we share same tradition and believe, but hey they preferred to be identified as isoko, and am okay with that.

Speaking same language and bearing same names doesn't make one a member of your tribe.

Not all ayo are Yoruba
not all Waje are Yoruba
not all Wunmi are Yoruba
not all shola are yoruba
not all Olu are yoruba
not all Efe re urhobo
not all ochuko/otchuko re urhobo
not all Ovie re urhobo

I can go on and on, no need arguing over this issue, if a group says they don't belong to your tribe why forcing them? I really don't get it.

3 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nextdoor84(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
fratermathy:

You have no right to be on this thread in the first place. you are neither from Rivers or Ikwerre.. so your opinion countless..face your tiny urhobo group.
Why do you think China wants all its territory united.. be it in Taiwan, Tibet, inner Mongolia and Hong Kong.. etc
You are nothing but a bigot anyways!!

2 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by fratermathy(m): 1:34am On Aug 05, 2017
nextdoor84:

You have no right to be on this thread in the first place. you are neither from Rivers or Ikwerre.. so your opinion countless..face your tiny urhobo group.
Why do you think China wants all its territory united.. be it in Taiwan, Tibet, inner Mongolia and Hong Kong.. etc
You are nothing but a bigot anyways!!

Listen young man,

You guys should learn to stop attracting ridicule to the Igbo ethnicity by what you do each and every day. It is not in your place to "claim" people except you intend doing so by force (and that makes you a tyrant). It is only a people that can determine what they want to be called. If my small village in Delta decides to say they are Yorubas today, who on earth can stop them from so doing? If the Igbos decide to say they are not Nigerians (as many do), who has the right to stop them?

Extend that logic of self-determination to the Ikwerre people (with whom this thread is concerned primarily). I am not giving my opinion on whether or not they are Igbo. My opinion or yours and even that of the entire Igbo nation for that matter is irrelevant in this issue. What do the Ikwerre want to be called? Do they identify as Igbo, Urhobo, Bini, Yoruba or as Ikwerre?

Respect their wishes and leave them to choose their identity however they want. This is not a drill. It is a people's future. If truly you guys believe in freedom and self-determination, I don't see why there should be a fuss over Igboid groups or even any other non-Igboid group in the South. Do your thing and set a standard. If any group decides to be called Igbo tomorrow, then welcome them. Otherwise, stop trying to be mischievous by usurping a people's right to whatever identity they have chosen for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by DLioness(f): 5:16am On Aug 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Make it 100% oga... In fact, the entire Rivers state is 100% Igboland. We are waiting for our landlords and Baale (Kanu) to come take back their lands.

Don't forget to write "Igweocha" as the capital of Rivers state in your next job interview lol
see d way u ar ranting lik a mad man. Did any1 call ur own villag igbo? garaut joor jst bcs u dnt want d truth 2 b heard.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by PFRB: 9:00am On Aug 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You are talking of 1959 when there was Igbo dominated Eastern Region.

Meanwhile as far back as 1912, the Ijaws (Okrika) signed the first treaty with the British for the establishment of Portharcourt. A second treaty was entered with Rebisi Chiefs (Ikwerre) (brokered by Ijaws) in 1913. That was prior to amalgamation.

Go and collect it back oga Sir if you aren't satisfied with the status quo

Fallacies. Fallacies. Why did the Willinks commission say that Port Harcourt is an Igbo town. Did you see any mention of Okirika in the Willinks commission as being part of Port Harcourt? ? ?

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Fatherofdragons: 12:08am On May 08, 2018
fratermathy:

Listen young man,

You guys should learn to stop attracting ridicule to the Igbo ethnicity by what you do each and every day. It is not in your place to "claim" people except you intend doing so by force (and that makes you a tyrant). It is only a people that can determine what they want to be called. If my small village in Delta decides to say they are Yorubas today, who on earth can stop them from so doing? If the Igbos decide to say they are not Nigerians (as many do), who has the right to stop them?

Extend that logic of self-determination to the Ikwerre people (with whom this thread is concerned primarily). I am not giving my opinion on whether or not they are Igbo. My opinion or yours and even that of the entire Igbo nation for that matter is irrelevant in this issue. What do the Ikwerre want to be called? Do they identify as Igbo, Urhobo, Bini, Yoruba or as Ikwerre?

Respect their wishes and leave them to choose their identity however they want. This is not a drill. It is a people's future. If truly you guys believe in freedom and self-determination, I don't see why there should be a fuss over Igboid groups or even any other non-Igboid group in the South. Do your thing and set a standard. If any group decides to be called Igbo tomorrow, then welcome them. Otherwise, stop trying to be mischievous by usurping a people's right to whatever identity they have chosen for themselves.
BIGOT

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Yyeske(m): 2:38am On May 08, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
BIGOT
Challenge him with facts and not insults.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by BabaRamota1980: 3:11am On May 08, 2018
drake2000x:
The problem with those Afonjas who naively doubt Igwuocha(Port Harcourt) as the name suggests is an Igbo name and Igbo city, have never lived before in Port Harcourt.

Yanminri, do me a favor....go and bring the treaty signed by colonialists. These were the precedence for protectorates, native authoroties, divisions, states and lga.

Granted you dont have king, is any of these treaties signed with a yanminri chief? If not shut up!

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by SlayerForever: 7:17am On May 08, 2018
Nairaland gives nonentities like fratermaty a voice.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by 35824L: 7:24am On May 08, 2018
Why are jews desperately trying to steal port harcourt from ikwerre people?
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Fatherofdragons: 7:27am On May 08, 2018
Yyeske:
Challenge him with facts and not insults.
DON'T EVER QUOTE ME AGAIN ABOKI, EVER
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by SlayerForever: 7:43am On May 08, 2018
35824L:
Why are jews desperately trying to steal port harcourt from ikwerre people?

If PortHarcourt belongs to the Ikwerre as you've implied then how can we steal from ourselves? Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Truckpusher(m): 7:47am On May 08, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

SW did not lay claim to Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi, the people are the ones that said they are Yoruba, this is same way Ijaw indigenes in Ondo, Edo, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Akwa Ibom states make pronouncements of their Ijaw heritage without a 3rd person making claim on their behalf.

It is insanity for one to be "claiming" people who said they aren't what you assume them to be.

You still have strength to be exchanging banters with these expansionists?

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by horsepower101: 7:54am On May 08, 2018
What do Nigerians call an Igbo man from south south that commits a crime? IGBO

What do Nigerians call an Igbo man from south south that led the first coup? IGBO

What do Nigerians call an Igbo man from south south that has political power? IGBO, IGBOID, SS, this one throws them off with their denial.

What do IJAWS that like to claim there are no igbos in South south when it benefited them call an Igbo man from south south with political power? IGBO or IGBOID ( e.g. Peter odili Vice Presidency rejection)

Finally What do Nigerians call Igbo people from south south that has oil? SOUTH SOUTH or Niger delta People.

This is the legacy of the civil war and most importantly OIL based politics.

Majority of igbos in my generation have woken upto the fallacies of one Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akin Ogunbiyi Rejects Osun Pdp Primary Result / Poll Results: We’ve Presented Atiku’s Grievances To Buhari –abdusalami / Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.