Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? (711 Views)

Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by lelvin(m): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
I see a lot of folks struggle so hard to make this money, out of the 24hours in a day some spend more than 16hrs hustling for this money. At the end of each month, they take out 10% and give to the church.

Am sure you know what most church ministers, fathers,pastors and apostles do with that money. They send their babes recharge cards, pussy maintenance fee, and the rest not spent on the daughters of Eve they spend on falling bottles.

Am not disputing the efficacy of tithes and offerings, I just feel we've lost direction and focus.
Why not help a stranger or give to the orphan. I know some of you will argue that tithe paying is biblical, am sure giving alms is even more biblical.

This is my opinion! What is your opinion?
Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by dingbang(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
The law is the law... Give what belongs to ceasar, and to God what belongs to him...

If the lord says you should give tithe...then give tithe, if the lord says you should help the poor around you, then help the poor around you... It doesn't mean that one who gives tithe more than the one one who who helps the poor is more righteous.

We should learn to think like Good Samaritans and not like Jews who depend on the commandments.

I will continue to say this over and over again.. The greatest commandment is to Love one another... And loving one another means helping each other...
Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Op,paying tithe is a mandatory law which u must pay to ur place of worship ad commanded,also giving arms is something u do out of ur own free will . Let's stop looking at what the pastors do with it but focused on God because he is the one that u re giving Nd also the one that blesses Nd multiply u. If the pastor like let him carry olosho with the money its non of our business. God will reward u for paying ur tithe my dear Nd he will also reward the pastor for using the money to live a reckless life when the time comes.
Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by zionmade(m): 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
lelvin:
I see a lot of folks struggle so hard to make this money, out of the 24hours in a day some spend more than 16hrs hustling for this money. At the end of each month, they take out 10% and give to the church.

Am sure you know what most church ministers, fathers,pastors and apostles do with that money. They send their babes recharge cards, pussy maintenance fee, and the rest not spent on the daughters of Eve they spend on falling bottles.

Am not disputing the efficacy of tithes and offerings, I just feel we've lost direction and focus.
Why not help a stranger or give to the orphan. I know some of you will argue that tithe paying is biblical, am sure giving alms is even more biblical.

This is my opinion! What is your opinion?
Eating food or drinking water, which one would keep u healthy and strong??
Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
giving alms to the poor is better and more sensible.. God never asked any Christian for their money.

1 Like

Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
lelvin

OP, I agree with you 100%

I give alms; I don't pay tithe.

The greatest charm used by men of God:

"God said..." and "it is written..."
Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Op,paying tithe is a mandatory law which u must pay to ur place of worship ad commanded,also giving arms is something u do out of ur own free will . Let's stop looking at what the pastors do with it but focused on God because he is the one that u re giving Nd also the one that blesses Nd multiply u. If the pastor like let him carry olosho with the money its non of our business. God will reward u for paying ur tithe my dear Nd he will also reward the pastor for using the money to live a reckless life when the time comes.

Go and read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/3757659/pay-tithe-gibberish-reaction

stop this slavery pls
Re: Giving Alms And Paying Tithe, Which Do You Believe In? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
dingbang:
The law is the law... Give what belongs to ceasar, and to God what belongs to him...

If the lord says you should give tithe...then give tithe, if the lord says you should help the poor around you, then help the poor around you... It doesn't mean that one who gives tithe more than the one one who who helps the poor is more righteous.

We should learn to think like Good Samaritans and not like Jews who depend on the commandments.

I will continue to say this over and over again.. The greatest commandment is to Love one another... And loving one another means helping each other...

"the lord said..." and "it is written..." are charms used by these men of money

I am also telling you that it is written

Read: https://www.nairaland.com/3757659/pay-tithe-gibberish-reaction

(1) (Reply)

Find Dream Meanings And Interpretations In Seconds / God's Generals Any Heaven Concious Believer Should Listen To (pics) / Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke Plans Farewell Crusade In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.