Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" (852 Views)

DSS Reacts As IPOB Members Kill Two Officers, Reveals Next Move / Nigerians React As IPOB Beat Ekweremadu, Drag Him (More Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu: How I Was Smuggled Out Of Nigeria During Operation Python Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by LATESTNGNEWS: 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
The incumbent governor of Anambra State, Governor Willie Obiano received heavy attack from agitated members of IPOB in a Church service he attended today. The incident occurred at Ekwulobia area of Anambra state.

The governor was reportedly smuggled away from the scene by his security details. Disaster was averted because the security guards were cautious. Members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Sunday, July 30 confronted Anambra state governor Willie Obiano while he was in church.

According to reports, the incident occurred at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Ekwulobia area of Anambra. An eyewitness said the pro-Biafra agitators came to protest the oncoming governorship election in the state and they chanted ‘no election’ as they confronted the governor.

The atmosphere was charged with so much tension that it took utmost care from security operatives. “Governor Obiano had gone to the church to worship, only to be embarrassed by IPOB members in their hundreds, if not thousands, who stormed the church in buses.

“They were chanting ‘No election in Anambra on November 18’. The Governor had to be smuggled out by his security details,” the eyewitness said.
Read More:http://ngday.com/2017/07/just-ipob-agitation-gets-messier-anambra-gov-obiano-attacked-church/

Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by daomi(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Good for them
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by herkeym001(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Make i pinch my tent here first before e reach Front page .

1 Like

Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by frleopardo: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
No hiding place for Obiano. IPOB will keep on tormenting him even in his sleep. The blood of the massacred agitators are crying out and Obiano will know no rest.

Another reason why I love this is because igbos are starting to hold their leaders hostage unlike the afonjas that will shout ''let us hold our leaders responsible first'' day and night but at the end will queue up for fayose's stomach infrastructure.
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by heinrichy(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
K
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by Etogist: 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
herkeym001:
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by Etogist: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
herkeym001:
So, what will happen when it hits FP? How do you guys convert 'likes' to money? Just asking.
Anyways, Obiano is yet to see something. IPOB are not smiling.

1 Like

Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by Michael004: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
I thought these people said they won't distrust people, that people will not come out because of their master instructions. Why are the beating chest. They were telling us here that people complied to sit at home willingly, but my friends is owerri, onitsha and enugu said people stayed indoor out of fear they will be attacked. If it is sure for them that people will boycott the election, why are they attackingup and down. These people are pathetic chest beaters Jor.
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by frleopardo: 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
yarimo:
This mumu IPOBIANS need some sense, BURATAI Please over to you sir
Michael004:
I thought these people said they won't distrust people, that people will not come out because of their master instructions. Why are the beating chest. They were telling us here that people complied to sit at home willingly, but my friends is owerri, onitsha and enugu said people stayed indoor out of fear they will be attacked. If it is sure for them that people will boycott the election, why are they attackingup and down. These people are pathetic chest beaters Jor.
oblong cone heads have you littered your region with nylon wrapped sh!t today?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by yarimo(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
This mumu IPOBIANS need some sense, BURATAI Please over to you sir
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
Do the Igbos really want to secede from Nigeria? It will be interesting if the Federal Government can grant their request for referendum. Most of the idle IPOB members on Nairaland will be shocked that when the chips are down. majority of Igbos will vote to remain in Nigeria. I have often said it that if all the Igbos are really interested in Biafra......then they should start by relocating back to their ancestral lands for development.

Kanu should be careful with his approach as something tells me that he will soon enter into serious trouble with his own people who do not share his vision of Biafra and he will be arrested. This time around even the international community will be ashamed to intercede on his behalf.
The Federal Government is patiently watching Kalu waiting for him to enter a bigger trap.
Re: Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" by Michael004: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2017
[s]
frleopardo:
oblong cone heads have you littered your region with nylon wrapped sh!t today?
[/s]Maybe you need to visit WHO to discuss your dirty cities.

(1) (Reply)

No National ID Card, No International Passport In 2018 ―immigration / Kebbi's Rice Pyramid Vs Ekiti's Stomach's Infrastructure..please Be The Judge / Buhari Should Arrest Asorock Rats First B4 Threatening Me - Kanu Thunders Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.