Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap (30693 Views)

Nigeria!!!!!! Ochanger Market, Onitsha Has Been On Fire For Over 4 Hours / The Pedestrian Bridge Atiku Built For ABU Students (Photo) / Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 31, 2017
Located around Mcc, near Upper iweka Onitsha.

This pedestrian bridge has become a death trap, threatening the life of many people in the case of an eventuality of collapse. It seems to be breaking into two and following the incessant heavy rainfalls we are experiencing now, who knows what might happen next. Caution and pro-active measures must be taken by Government and other concerned bodies now to arrest this ugly situation before the worst happens.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Okoroawusa: 2:04am On Jul 31, 2017
Pls let d necessary authorities do something.

9 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Blue3k(m): 2:09am On Jul 31, 2017
Anyway where is the gutter space.

3 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by DrDeji20(m): 2:11am On Jul 31, 2017
Obiano was obviously drunk when he gave out the contract for this pedestrian bridge to one of his drunk colleague. imagine the cracks on those structure.. concrete structure for that matter.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Atiku2019: 2:17am On Jul 31, 2017
shocked
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Apawicked: 2:29am On Jul 31, 2017
Too bad
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by PenisCaP: 2:39am On Jul 31, 2017
This is veey bad ooo... some needs to be done asap.
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by nextprince: 4:40am On Jul 31, 2017
I no know how dis matter take concern me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by ibkkk(f): 5:00am On Jul 31, 2017
Something should be done asap before it starts claiming lives.

1 Like

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by nypdinc: 5:19am On Jul 31, 2017
Government cares less for the well being of the masses. I thank God for social media and other media outlets that has given the masses an opportunity to expose them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Biggty(m): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2017
The developers won't see this and call the attention of the state Government, but they can spot brown roofs in Ibadan and Osogbo

20 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Onyenna(m): 6:33am On Jul 31, 2017
Notify the appropriate authorities immediately!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by meezynetwork(m): 6:41am On Jul 31, 2017
Odikwa risky. Obiano and his substandard projects

5 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by ruggedized1: 6:44am On Jul 31, 2017
Shut up clown. This project was done by the previous administration. However it is not a substandard project, its pillar was hit by trailer just last week that made it to shift from the alignment. It will be realigned as the substructures and pillar are still intact.

[s]
meezynetwork:
Odikwa risky. Obiano and his substandard projects
[/s]

11 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by mazimee(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2017
Biggty:
The developers won't see this and call the attention of the state Government, but they can spot brown roofs in Ibadan and Osogbo

Na you see this one wey the OP post, dey there dey foam for mouth.

That pedestrian bridge looks like the one that is close to Inland Town. Lalasticlala come and save life and push this to FP. We need this to get More attention.

2 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 31, 2017
ruggedized1:
Shut up clown. This project was done by the previous administration. However it is not a substandard project, its pillar was hit by trailer just last week that made it to shift from the alignment. It will be realigned as the substructures and pillar are still intact.

[s][/s]

That long crack does not look like a result of a truck hitting the pillar, it looks more like the result of a shoddy job. As you can see, the crack is even evident on the left part of the bridge which has its own pillar.

7 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by ruggedized1: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2017
It was the hitting by a trailer on the pillar that caused the overhead to shift and the subsequent crack. If not tell me what could have made it to shift. Wind? Let us use our commonsense at times. It is a standard project that's why it is still standing.

LastMumu:

That long crack does not look like a result of a truck hitting the pillar, it looks more like the result of a shoddy job. As you can see, the crack is even evident on the left part of the bridge which has its own pillar.

6 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2017
ruggedized1:
It was the hitting by the trailer on the pillar that caused the overhead to shift and the subsequent crack. If not tell me what could have made it to shift. Wind? Let us use our commonsense at times. It is a standard project.

I can't see any accident impact or any dent on any pillar in the pictures uploaded above, I'm struggling too see how you 'Mr Ben Bruce' can conclude a good looking pillar is the cause of that long crack.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5739530_fbimg15014615160241045_jpeg5fafc7575aca81ec904a3f2df7900a56

1 Like

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by ruggedized1: 7:48am On Jul 31, 2017
How would you see it when your mind is already beclouded and prejudiced. I asked you a simple question, what could have caused the overhead bridge to forcefully shift from its alignment. Answer me...

LastMumu:

color=#000099]I can't see any accident impact or any dent on any pillar in the pictures uploaded above, I'm struggling too see how you 'Mr Ben Bruce' can conclude a good looking pillar is the cause of that long crack.
[/color] ]

5 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by brainpulse: 8:10am On Jul 31, 2017
Is this not part of the bridges GEJ built.
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by jashar(f): 8:11am On Jul 31, 2017
Lord have mercy oooo.....
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Mouthgag: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2017
OṢÙS AND POOR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.. .

=

5&6

2 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by sakalisis(m): 8:12am On Jul 31, 2017
[center][/center] shocked
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by SpaceTour: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2017
The bridge was hit by a trailer that failed break causing the alignment to shift from it's position. Look at the circled portions.

2 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by Lexusgs430: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2017
Send a copy of the picture, to your governor and relevant works department in your state......
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by adanny01(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2017
ruggedized1:
It was the hitting by a trailer on the pillar that caused the overhead to shift and the subsequent crack. If not tell me what could have made it to shift. Wind? Let us use our commonsense at times. It is a standard project that's why it is still standing.

A failing foundation can cause that.

Secondly, it doesnot look like a truck hit. From my analysis, if we were driving on the right, then a hit can be said to be a likely cause. The geometry of the shift doesnot corresponding to the direction a truck driving on the left drivers side orientation would cause. What am talking about is the lane. Its either the right side of the bridge shifted backwards or the left side shift farwards. This is against the corresponding traffic on both lanes so i can rule a truck hit out of the likely causes. Unless the truck hit by going wrong lane.

3 Likes

Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2017
GOD WILL SAVE US ALL. WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT BTW
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by EnkayDezign: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2017
How was such a substandard bridge built in the 1st place without necessary tests? which way naija undecided
Re: This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap by skyfaze(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2017
nextprince:
I no know how dis matter take concern me.
Oluku spotted

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shekau’s Wife Killed In Air Force Strike / Man Who Spent Days At Polling Booth Finally Votes / PLO Lumumba On Border Closure: 'Nigeria Too Big To Be Threatened By Benin'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.