Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures (25812 Views)

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 / Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by viviangist: 4:07pm On May 17, 2017
@VIVIANGIST

The students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University have called on the government for rescue as the 24-hour busy Ifite road that leads to the school is now officially a death trap!!

The road which draws its terminal from the popular Aroma Junction Awka was submerged by flood yesterday as the early morning heavy rain which woke the residents lasted for five solid hours unstopped. As the contumacious rain sustained its tempo, and even aggravated, the naïve students, lecturers, motorists and other road users who had waited endlessly were seen dangling and staggering in the pool of flood.

Some Keke (tricycle), motorcycles and school shuttles were submerged and abandoned in the pool of flood as they could not scare through the augmenting huddle, while some students had there well-pressed trousers saturated and even stained when they wanted to take it by force.

Governor Willie Obiano had earlier on 25th June 2016 promised to improve the condition of the deplorable and shabby road and to beautify it with solar street lights, during one of his visits to the school where he joined the management and the students in the 'end-of-month' usual sanitation exercise at the filthy Ifite school gate. Work had already begun, but the contractor handling the road was said to be very sluggish which made him delay the work till the surprise arrival of the rainy season.

Reacting to the ugly situation, the Speaker of the school's Students Assembly, the legislative arm of the Students Union Government, Hon. Uchechukwu Okwuchukwu decried the sluggish tempo with which the work is being handled, and called on the the said contractor handling the work to speed up his pace in order to avert the students the negative side of the rainy season, which will soon arrive in it's main form!

Hon. Uche said: "They should do us good by speeding up the pace of the work and ensure its completion before the full arrival of the rainy season"

Students and the management of the school hereby call on the government to rush to their rescue and save the road from the impending doom, as the main rainy season is yet to arrive.

The road connects Ifite, Commissioner Quarters, Unizik Perm-Site school gate, Agu Awka, Amaenyi and other villages in the Awka metropolis.

SOURCE - http://www.viviangist.net/unizik-students-cry-to-government-as-ifite-road-becomes-a-death-trap-pictures

Credit - Izunna Okafor

CC - Lalasticlala

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Splinz(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2017
They are crying in vain. The Nigerian governments are known to be deaf and unresponsive. sad

14 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Seajae: 4:30pm On May 17, 2017
Awka dun cast. Jee juo Bosalin cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by massinola(m): 6:34pm On May 17, 2017
Waoo
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by nony43(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2017
During Obi's tenure that road was fixed but the thing is more students have started living in that ifitte leaving Temp site, Obiano should better work that road oo, Cos fine babes too plenty for ifitte

18 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by IgbosAreGreat(f): 6:35pm On May 17, 2017

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 17, 2017
I give up mehnnnn
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by AtlanticBreeze: 6:36pm On May 17, 2017
why is the govt delaying in fixing this road? Even the university, why can't they fix the road. smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by CliffordOrji: 6:36pm On May 17, 2017
Wait o. Is UNIZIK not in Anambra State? I thought some paid obiano political jobbers often tell us that all the roads in Anambra state are tarred with gold. So why are they calling on the federal government to repair a road that has supposedly been tarred with marbles by obiano?

We Igbos need to start telling ourselves in truth. We Igbos should stop deceiving ourselves and face the reality of the extreme underdevelpoment in Alaigbo

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
Now they're begging government.
when you were claiming boss, because their hostel get tiles for ceiling.
you beg government!
shut up! and come to TEMP-SITE!
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by me69: 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
Where your Governor, you give stqte governments too many pass
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by IgbosAreGreat(f): 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
CliffordOrji:

type ur rubbish as usual

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Slimzjoe(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
Ifite has the worst road in the whole of Awka since time immemorial.

7 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
Seajae:
Awka dun cast. Jee juo Bosalin cheesy
Kedu ebe that guy no sef?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Tomjazzy2: 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
I could remember vividly how horrible it was back then when I first travelled down to school as a fresher sad

A couple of years more, the road was fixed and became motorable. Saddened to see it like this just few years after graduation.

Oh, good old perm site cry

4 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by ChiefSweetus: 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
No fukin drainage ffs, why won't the road cast.
If they try to displace those shop owners and stick to urban masterplan (if awka has one)
They will complain and threaten to vote pdp or apc.
Sometimes we are our own problem smh.

8 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by coalcoal1(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
this is too bad
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by ladychioma: 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
Anambra state should do something before it,s too late.I thought Willie is working.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
These are not recent pictures. Work has been ongoing on that road. These bloggers sef

Edited: Below is the ongoing work at Ifite road, I wonder why the op is being mischievous by showing old pictures.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by raker300: 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
That road is on erosion site...they're still channelling the water out of there
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by kstyle2(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
We really have the worst set of leaders. How can providing basic amenity become so difficult? We have the funds to carry out the project as well as the manpower.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by jwart(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
This is waterway!!!!
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
I saw potopoto, i saw brown roog, i saw the developers dt abandoned dz road to develop South West......na wa oooooo,the developers effort is wasted in the west.
What a pity?
May i not developed anoda man's road and abandone ipob 's potopoto road.
I salute the Ugandans

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by morereb10: 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
Them no go hear now, no need

Until the road go kill one APC politicians

eheyy

dem go now do something about it

ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by raker300: 6:40pm On May 17, 2017
me69:
Where your Governor, you give stqte governments too many pass
the road is already being worked on...its jst slow coming
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Victornezzar: 6:40pm On May 17, 2017
Onward4eva:
I saw potopoto, i saw brown roog, i saw the developers dt abandoned dz road to develop South West......na wa oooooo,the developers effort is wasted in the west.
What a pity?
May i not developed anoda man's road and abandone ipob 's potopoto road.
I salute the Ugandans
A minute of silence for dis English dat has been killed

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by ladychioma: 6:40pm On May 17, 2017
AmericanQuarter:
These are not recent pictures. Work has been ongoing on that road. These bloggers sef.
This is the recent picture. This happened on 16/5 2017 around 8:20 am.

2 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by guychidile: 6:40pm On May 17, 2017
did u see that road..?
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by raker300: 6:41pm On May 17, 2017
kstyle2:
We really have the worst set of leaders. How can providing basic amenity become so difficult? We have the funds to carry out the project as well as the manpower.
read the post again!! The road is being worked on. The erosion is not letting the work move fast enough

3 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by EzekaUdene: 6:41pm On May 17, 2017
[s]
AmericanQuarter:
These are not recent pictures. Work has been ongoing on that road. These bloggers sef.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
stop insulting people's intelligence
this is the rain of this week and i pass through the same route
stop being a shameless sycophant

anu ofia

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay Backs Danjuma’s Self-Defence, Says Law Allows Nigerians Defend Themselves / President Buhari Commissions Awala Roundabout Bauchi - Kano Road (Photos) / Buhari’s Military Junta Persecuted Atiku Over 53 Suitcases – Titi Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.