Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

"Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists (821 Views)

Famous Atheists On The Negro Race / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
Many atheists are people of fairly high intellect and their quotes are often witty and thought provoking. Here are some quotes and, of course, you can add any that you want to the comments or defend your religion

1 Like

Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mention me when you are dome, pls!
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
1. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? – Epicurus

2. Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers asuseful. – Seneca the Younger

3. If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul. – Isaac Asimov

4. Religions are like pills, which must be swallowed whole without chewing. – Anonymous

5. Most religions prophecy the end of the world and then consistently work together to ensure that these prophecies come true. – Anonymous
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
6. Atheism is a non-prophet organization. – George Carlin

7. Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power but absolute power is corrupt only in the hands of the absolutely faithful. – Anonymous

8. Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense. – Chapman Cohen

9. When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. – Robert Pirsig

10. Animals do not have gods, theyare smarter than that. – Ronnie Snow
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
11. A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. – Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain

12. Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. – Anonymous

13. With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. – Steven Weinberg

14. Since the Bible and the churchare obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where weare going? – Anonymous

15. The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike. – Delos B. McKown

16. Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. – Anonymous

17. Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence. – Anonymous

18. What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

19. I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. – Stephen Roberts

20. It ain’t the parts of the Bible that I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand. – Mark Twain
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
21. Creationists make it sound like a ‘theory’ is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night — Isaac Asimov

21. I don’t believe in God. My God is patriotism. Teach a man to be agood citizen and you have solved the problem of life. — Andrew Carnegie

23. All thinking men are atheists. — Ernest Hemingway

24. Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin

25. Faith means not wanting to know what is true. — Friedrich Nietzsche

26. The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. — George Bernard Shaw

27. Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. — Kurt Vonnegut

28. I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. — Frank Lloyd Wright

29. Man will never be free until thelast king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — DenisDiderot

30. A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. — Samuel Clemens

31. The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life. — Sigmund Freud

32. Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers asuseful. — Edward Gibbon

33. The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church. — Ferdinand Magellan

34. Not only is there no god, but try getting a plumber on weekends. — Woody Allen

35. It’s an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their reward systems don’t try to make it posthumous. — Gloria Steinem
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
GODKID98:
Mention me when you are dome, pls!
Probably you'll like to rebuff some quotes and defend your religion. Lets enlighten ourselves
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
MasterKim:

Probably you'll like to rebuff some quotes and defend your religion. Lets enlighten ourselves

I am not a fan of defending my religion, God will do that.

I'm merely interested in witty quotes.

Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
GODKID98:

I am not a fan of defending my religion, God will do that.

I'm merely interested in witty quotes.

Thanks for the mention.
Okay sir. I pray we all learn the true path
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
Wow, some of these quotes are savage!!
Numbers 1,10 and 13 are especially so.
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Lessonteacher(f): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
MasterKim:

IT'S ONLY A FOOL SAYS "THERE'S NO GOD"
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lessonteacher:
Why don't you enlighten the fool so he won't go the wrong way

1 Like

Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Lessonteacher(f): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
MasterKim:

Why don't you enlighten the fool so he won't go the wrong way
THE BIBLE IS THERE TO DO THAT
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lessonteacher:
THE BIBLE IS THERE TO DO THAT
https://www.nairaland.com/3958731/15-bizarre-biblical-quotes-could#59023474

Some fools quoted some Bible passages on that link. Can you please enlighten those fools
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Lessonteacher(f): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
MasterKim:

https://www.nairaland.com/3958731/15-bizarre-biblical-quotes-could#59023474

Some fools quoted some Bible passages on that link. Can you please enlighten those fools
MAYBE THEY ARE MORE ENLIGHTENED THAN I AM. BUT BRO JUST LOOK AROUND YOU, LOOK UP TO THE SKY, CAN'T YOU SEE THERE'S SO MUCH MORE THAN WHAT THE ATHEISTS AND SOME SCIENTISTS WANT US TO BELIEVE?
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lessonteacher:

this is an amazing rebuttal gotten from a book in which the "Messiah" reportedly told an audience that there are some he's talking to that would still be alive when he returns and they should run around Israel when persecuted, they won't run around much before he would be back

some of those guys he's talking to are still alive over 2017 years later, running around Israel, waiting for their Messiah to come back

2 Likes

Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by MasterKim: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lessonteacher:
MAYBE THEY ARE MORE ENLIGHTENED THAN I AM. BUT BRO JUST LOOK AROUND YOU, LOOK UP TO THE SKY, CAN'T YOU SEE THERE'S SO MUCH MORE THAN WHAT THE ATHEISTS AND SOME SCIENTISTS WANT US TO BELIEVE?
You didn't accept your religion just because you look up to the sky one day. There's something very convincing that made you accept it. And that is what this thread is all about, sharing it so as to convince and teach people you serve the true religion
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Lessonteacher(f): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is an amazing rebuttal gotten from a book in which the "Messiah" reportedly told an audience that there are some he's talking to that would still be alive when he returns and they should run around Israel when persecuted, they won't run around much before he would be back

some of those guys he's talking to are still alive over 2017 years later, running around Israel, waiting for their Messiah to come back
WHICH DO YOU THINK CONTAINS MORE EVIDENCE ABOUT EXISTENCE. THE BIBLE STORY OR THE EVOLUTION THEORY?
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lessonteacher:
WHICH DO YOU THINK CONTAINS MORE EVIDENCE ABOUT EXISTENCE. THE BIBLE STORY OR THE EVOLUTION THEORY?

this is false dichotomy fallacy sir

it pits an "Evolution vs Yahweh" kind of thing

BTW why do you type in all caps?
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by Lessonteacher(f): 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
MasterKim:

You didn't accept your religion just because you look up to the sky one day. There's something very convincing that made you accept it. And that is what this thread is all about, sharing it so as to convince and teach people you serve the true religion
PERSONALLY I DON'T CARE MUCH ABOUT RELIGION, I CHOSE TO BE A CHRISTIAN, COS,THE PRINCIPLE IT TEACHES IS IN LINE WITH WHAT I THOUGT TO BE RIGHT.BEING ATHEIST IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND. EVIDENCE OF GODSHIP IS UNDISPUTABLLY EVIDENT.
Re: "Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists by cyborg123(m): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2017
Three or four quotes were repeated. Nice thread though. I believe there is a God. He is the universe/ nature / energy and life. He set the world in motion and hardly interferes in it . He has given us power as smaller gods to actuate the physical realm through a spiritual interface, if we can find it. That explains some religious practices and occultism.

There's no evidence he desires worship, but there's evidence he desires we be good to our fellow creation; nature, plants and animals.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dis Is So Damn Funny (late Gbenga Adeboye) / Seeing Myself In The Dream In River Dancing To A Particular Music / Question On Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.