Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight (800 Views)

Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad / Ambode, A Governor Who Couldn't Secure Second Term (touching Video) / What Men Does For Money: See Current Nigerian Governor Who Washes Dead Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by samisj4real(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2017
A Nigerian man on Instagram, @vanladi,
has cried out over the way he was allegedly
beaten up for speaking up after
confronting a Nigerian governor.
According to him, his flight from Jalingo to
Abuja was delayed for 6 hours because the
goveror of the state was to join them on the
trip. The airline was said to have told them
they would be delayed for 30 minutes but it
took six hour before they embarked on the
journey.
When the governor showed up, the young
man allegedly walked to the governor and
said:
"Sir, I am a law abiding and tax paying citizen
just like the other people on the plane whom
you delayed from 1pm till now and we were
not given the courtesy of an apology from the
airline or from your office. This isn't fair to us
sir and I just thought I express my grievance."
Instead of getting the due apologies, he was
pounced upon by the governor's aides. Read
what happened after below:

"I booked an @overland flight from jalingo to
Abuja for 1pm today and when we all got to
the airport we were told there was gonna be a
30mins delay which we agreed to. We waited
for 2 hours without any information from the
airline or the airport authorities. "After 2 hours, I and my colleagues got so
hungry that we had to look for food at the
closest location to the airport which is the
Nysc camp mammy market all because the
airport is at a remote location far away from
the town.

"All passengers at the airport kept complaining
when minutes became hours and there no sign
of us taking off soon. Finally at 7pm we were
called to board only for us to be delayed in the
plane further,few mins later the Governor of
the state walks into the plane without the
courtesy to apologize for keeping us from 1pm
to 7pm(6 good hours).

"I then walk up to him and explain "sir I am a
law abiding and tax paying citizen just like the
other people on the plane whom u delayed
from 1pm till now and we were not given the
courtesy of an apology from the airline or
from your office. This isn't fair to us sir and I
just tot I express my griviance" (wetin I talk
bad?).

"Before I knew it his aides rushed into the
plane and started raining abuses on me and
slapping me...dragged me out of the plane that
who gave me the right to talk to "their
governor" that he has the right to keep all of
us till tomao if he wants to. I just looked with
shock....a flight that I paid for with my hard
earned money fah! Well he later called them to
order and told them he wanted to see me. He
explained he didn't know he kept us and I
replied that his office knew and it was their job
to offer apology and refreshment to us.
"Later I found out even the hostess and pilot
had to go source for food when hunger started
dealing with them. The painful part is that
passangers in the airport that were
complaining and shouting to the airline
operatives while we waited for the flight kept
mute and others joined the aides in berating
me for talking to "their Governor".
"I just wonder where this nation is headed
when public servants elected by the people to
serve us become mini gods over the same
electorate. Was I wrong with my action?"

Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2017
The governor offered remorse which is good but the paid sycophants around him are the problem.
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by TheTrueSeeker: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2017
I feel you should've first protested against the airline for the delay and not the Governor. At worst, you demand a refund. The Governor was only a secondary party (cause) and it was the duty of the airline to compensate, apologize or refund.

If the Governor's aides had assaulted you while you were protesting against the airline then you would have taken it up against the Governor.

In any case, you still have a chance to get the airline to compensate or apologize to you for your man-hour time lost and humiliation. Present your boarding pass with the time of take off and evidence of when you eventually left as proof to a good lawyer
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by Baawaa(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2017
That is Nigeria for you,e ma roju!
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by maisauki: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2017
ode! was it from d gov that you bought your ticket?
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by Prince081: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2017
I like your courage. However learn to take your protest to the appropriate quarters. The governor did not sell the flight ticket to you hence no contract with the governor.
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by newyorks(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=TheTrueSeeker post=59036366]I feel you should've first protested against the airline for the delay and not the Governor. At worst, you demand a refund. The Governor was only a secondary party (cause) and it was the duty of the airline to compensate, apologize or refund.

If the Governor's aides had assaulted you while you were protesting against the airline then you would have taken it up against the Governor.

In any case, you still have a chance to get the airline to compensate or apologize to you for your man-hour time lost and humiliation. Present your boarding pass with the time of take off and evidence of when you eventually left as proof to a good lawyer
[/quotemaybe the lawyer cari odaeshi. no try am or else the lawyer go be assasinated.
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2017
Freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech @ur own peril

1 Like

Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by adetayo234: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
Freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech @ur own peril

Do you suggest people keep quiet when they see things going wrong?
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
adetayo234:

Do you suggest people keep quiet when they see things going wrong?
not in Nigeria bro
Re: How Man Was Brutalized 4 Confronting A Governor Who Delayed Der Flight by adetayo234: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
not in Nigeria bro
j

So, they should keep quiet against injustice in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Ekwulobia Crisis: Asladd Mocks Ipob, Kanu, Reveals The Culprits / Protest: Ekiti People Rise Against Fayose, Ask For 11 Picture Of Buhari On Life / Breaking News: North Korea Just Fired A Long Range Missile Over Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.