Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad (38588 Views)

Obiano: I Am The Only Nigerian Governor Who Does Not Receive Monthly Salary / Falana: I Have Compiled 32 Court Orders Being Disobeyed By Nigerian Government / Senator Vs Governor: Who Has More Powers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by iwaeda: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, said on Monday that he knew a former governor in one of the South-West states who had a killer squad that helped him to eliminate his political opponents.

Falana, who spoke at the University of Ibadan, said the former governor’s killer squad was headed by a police officer, who was the Chief Security Officer to the then-governor.

He said one of those killed by the killer squad was “a World Bank expert,” but he did not name the former governor in question.

Falana said one of the arguments against the creation of state police was that governors would use them to hunt their political opponents.

He, however, maintained that state police remained the solution to Nigeria’s insecurity problem.

He suggested how state police should be structured to insulate them against abuse by state governors.

A statement on Monday said Falana delivered the maiden Memorial Public Lecture in honour of late Prof. Olumuyiwa Awe at the Trechard Hall, UI.

He said, “Many citizens are opposed to the creation of state police for the fear that it may be used to haunt political opponents of some state governors. I know a state governor in the South-West who once had a killer squad headed by his Chief Security Officer, a police officer.

“One of the unarmed citizens mowed down by the illegal squad was a World Bank expert. All efforts to prosecute the suspects, who were indicted in several killings of unarmed citizens by the squad, have been frustrated by the state government. The story is the same in a few other states in the country. To that extent the fear of the possible manipulation of state police is genuine.

“To avoid a situation whereby abuse of police powers is decentralised any security service established by state governments should be democratically controlled. The service will be founded by the state governments and superintended by an independent state police council of five members. The members of the council should be accredited representatives of the state government, labour, women, youths and the business community.

“The service will police the state and see to the enforcement of all the laws enacted by the House of Assembly. The success of the civilian Joint Task Force in the counter-insurgency operations in Borno State has proved that the best way to police a country is to recruit, train and equip young men and women to operate in their own communities.

“The colonial practice of posting police personnel to operate outside their states of regions was meant to suppress and intimidate colonial subjects by strangers. It is a practice which has become counter-productive in a post-colonial state. Every police officer should operate in their community, speak the local language and mix freely with the people.”

https://punchng.com/i-know-an-ex-gov-who-had-a-killer-squad-falana/amp/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by okpalaAnambra: 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos state...if Funsho Williams comes to mind, then you go don know the governor already

Wow..FTC grin grin...I dedicate this FTC to Aysha110 wink

modified : for those quoting me and saying I'm wrong...simple question for you: do you have the answer to the question? And even if you do are you the examiner?

131 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by meum: 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by GamalNasser: 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
By refusing to mention the ex governor do you know Falana has become an enabler for crime ?

With the quality of people we still have as governors in Nigeria State police will be dangerous as it will be abused to the core but in the giving circumstances of a president Buhari that has misused the powers of the police to further the cause of Islamist Jihadist in Nigeria then we have no option than to opt for state police to save ourselves from the Jihadist

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by richard69(m): 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ayo Fayose

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by richard69(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
World bank expert Dr Ayo Daramola

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by TUANKU(m): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
I know a marauding tribe of killer herdsmen who have a president.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by KUNZEH(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
Dr. Ayo daramola
People done waste for this country o
Funsho Williams
Dipo Dina

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by SonofDevil: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Lagos state...if Funsho Williams comes to mind, then you go don know the governor already
was funsho a world Bank expert undecided

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by johnkay1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
This is the ex governor the man was afraid to mention.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by duro4chang(m): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
He should have mentioned his name.

3 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Stalwert: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
This sort of dem say dem say has never helped anyone oh

4 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by GamalNasser: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
Just went back in time to do some research and I think he was referring to one Ayo Daramola and all the evidence seem to point to Fayose ..If Fayose was involved in that Killing he will get his karma soon ...I hate people that plot the death of other for any reason

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by AroleOduduwa2: 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hypocrite, what did you do about it, why didn't you file a petition back then? Baba I beg shift go one side, people in Naija are still dealing with the plague (Gen M Buhari) you brought upon them

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Blue3k(m): 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ok gossip girl.

3 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
I never knew Falana to be such a fool. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by iwaeda: 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
And he has not gone to police station to report

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by OlujobaSamuel: 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
Why are you telling us? Tell the police biko.
Btw, na Fayose bẹ dat, But is Fayose as deadly as Gbenga Daniel? That guy nearly commot everyone for Ogun State

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by kemmylove101: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
iwaeda:
And he has not gone to police station to report
Are you a baby or you just arrived in naija

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by YorubaPrince: 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Na Tinubu & Gbenga Daniels joor!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by fyneguy: 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmmm Ayo Daramola...Ekiti story

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 04, 2020
coward falana, so you still wan carry the person name to your grave

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Tomide007: 12:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Ayo Daramola was a Gubernatorial candidate in the 2006 Ekiti state election. He was a world bank expert and was killed by assassins...Selah
http://ayo-daramola.memory-of.com/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Tomide007: 12:08am On Feb 04, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Hypocrite, what did you do about it, why didn't you file a petition back then? Baba I beg shift go one side, people in Naija are still dealing with the plague (Gen M Buhari) you brought upon them
File petition that? ...the man calling someone Hypocrite.

9 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by ebujany(m): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2020
Killer squad? And ntn is done to the ex governor? Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by celeiyke: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2020
Abeg who kill Funsho Williams?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by wilemer: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:
Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, said on Monday that he knew a former governor in one of the South-West states who had a killer squad that helped him to eliminate his political opponents.

Falana, who spoke at the University of Ibadan, said the former governor’s killer squad was headed by a police officer, who was the Chief Security Officer to the then-governor.

He said one of those killed by the killer squad was “a World Bank expert,” but he did not name the former governor in question.

not-so-subtle finger pointing at Ayo Fayose

4 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by fatymore(f): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2020
We all know him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by bukkielee(m): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2020
Nawa ooooooo
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Hades2016(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2020
They all have killer squad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Name Names Baba Falz..........

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fact-Check: FG Did Not Declare Three-Day Holiday For Eid-Ul-Adha / Senator Fadahunsi: We Have Required Number To Impeach Buhari / I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Prison - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.