Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,791 members, 7,851,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill (15659 Views)

NDDC Invites President Buhari To Commission 29 KM Ogba-Nembe Road / Kebbi To Join Oil-producing States, Bagudu Pledges During Swearing-in / Atiku Arrived Kebbi To Flag Off PDP Presidential Campaign - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by surgical: 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
Teewhy2:
Good one, i hope the invest in agriculture starts yielding dividends, They say when hunger is out of a man's Life 70 percent of his problem is solved.
The type of government we are running is part of the problem in Nigeria. if states are allowed to take care of most of their expenses that is no free money from Abuja, most of them will sit tight and think out of the box to increase their internally generated revenue. The ones who does have resource but have man power and Land will partner with the ones who have the financial power to develop their place.
i appreciate the kebbi state governor on the initiatives he has taken in developing agriculture in his state, if the former governors of the state has shown this type of zeal in agriculture, kebbi state will have been a force to reckon with in the North.
By the way what is happening to the partnership with Lagos and Kebbi in terms of rice, I hardly see it in the market or do they harvest it Christmas time only.
oga the lake rice is like the blue and red rail line and the eko atlantic project , it is a never ending project for siphoning money and also to hoodwink electorate,who at the end of the day never get value for trust repose in them.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by burkingx(f): 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
grin

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by burkingx(f): 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
freshest4live:
But why we like rice for this country sef? rice, rice, rice everywhere.

Ehn FTC again? Oya Lalasticlala carry go.

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by natznext(m): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
Teewhy2:
Good one, i hope the invest in agriculture starts yielding dividends, They say when hunger is out of a man's Life 70 percent of his problem is solved.
The type of government we are running is part of the problem in Nigeria. if states are allowed to take care of most of their expenses that is no free money from Abuja, most of them will sit tight and think out of the box to increase their internally generated revenue. The ones who does have resource but have man power and Land will partner with the ones who have the financial power to develop their place.
i appreciate the kebbi state governor on the initiatives he has taken in developing agriculture in his state, if the former governors of the state has shown this type of zeal in agriculture, kebbi state will have been a force to reckon with in the North.
By the way what is happening to the partnership with Lagos and Kebbi in terms of rice, I hardly see it in the market or do they harvest it Christmas time only.

That agreement definitely must have informed this investment, the previous production capability amounts to nothing, but with this I'm sure there can be a reasonable input into the market, Lagos market
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by natznext(m): 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
surgical:
oga the lake rice is like the blue and red rail line and the eko atlantic project , it is a never ending project for siphoning money and also to hoodwink electorate,who at the end of the day never get value for trust repose in them.

Has worked stopped at the sites of any of these projects you mentioned? Nope, if by 2019 we can't measure reasonable project progress, then I'll agree with you.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by Aragon: 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2017
kagari:
This is a multbillion naira business, you guys just make it 5000 for 50kg and you good to go

Give this government till 2019, Rice might even be cheaper than the 5K. This has always been the plan, to Drive agriculture massively and reduce reliance on Oil. Once the Nation can feed itself properly from Locally grown crops and not imported ones, then we are on a good track. Remember when GSM first came? SIM Card was more than 40K, but today you can almost get it for free. That is what will happen with the current Agricultural Revolution where the prices of food will Drop Drastically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by freshest4live: 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=burkingx post=59052401][/quote]

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by bams2999(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
Good job VP
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by bams2999(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
Good job VP north is working

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by realpoacher(m): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
Henrydboss:
any fupre mechanical engineering student in the house drop ur number

B. Eng in Mechanical Engineering

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by slimfit1(m): 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Akshow:
Only 12 comments since twenty mins ago. Children of hate no ever like better thing. Update about Buhari's health or Fayose's madness and watch them troop out.

Hahaha
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by middlebelter(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rmxr:
Kebbi is one of the few states in Nigeria silently getting things done without propaganda.

How I wish Governors can be sent a one year sabbatical leave. I would have ask the Kebbi state Governor to come and spend his in my state. I mean one of the states around the Niger/Benue conference that is always on the new for wrong things by either one of the Senators from that state or its Governor.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by surgical: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
natznext:

Has worked stopped at the sites of any of these projects you mentioned? Nope, if by 2019 we can't measure reasonable project progress, then I'll agree with you.
Good comment,devoid of insults, am impressed.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by IshaqAyinde(m): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2017
That is a good development.
Nigeria would be great.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by deomello: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
perez100:
What's APC in this issue? WACOT is a private business owned by the same owner of Chivita (Mr Finc - a German but managed by Indian) The Wacot import rice and rebrand it and sell to Nigerians. They also export sesame seeds, groundnuts and cassia tora they buy from local farmers. Just N10b investment and Buhari has not done anything with trillions of naira recovered.

1. Government can not create jobs beyond civil service, but they still have to create jobs for people regardless, so they do trade summits, go on trade missions and lobby private investors like WACOT to invest and create jobs for Nigerians. This is the governments obligation and their primary responsibility.

2. When their is no jobs, you people blame the same government, now that they are creating jobs, you still have issues with them.

3. You people really should advise your own useless and do nothing village governors to do the same thing and create more jobs for your people instead of trooping to other places to sell gala.

I do understand that your real problem is the usual, politics of destruction, hate, bigotry and tribalism or course.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by natznext(m): 10:21pm On Aug 01, 2017
Iamzik:
Is it me or north is moving fast to dominate agricultural/food production in the country.

In case restructuring happens y'all will be buying food from the north.

Our people in the south are too sophisticated to farm. OK o. Una go chop una education and money na

I disagree with you, I am a farmer, and a Southwesterner, the big farming investment just one way or the other seems to find their way up north, they're mostly only interested in siting industries and factors down here, Now the medium and small scale farmers keep facing issues, like cows destroying crops and access to machinery, if you don't have the big bucks, farming nor easy here
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by deomello: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
burkingx:
grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901017_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

Useless good for nothing clown and a sad waste of human space.
Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by deomello: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2017

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by oladeebo: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
@op
you try let me help you with the photo of the day!
all from kebbi.

Re: Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill by oladeebo: 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-minister Saidu Isa Is Dead; Kwara Governor Mourns / Neither Tinubu Nor Atiku Forged Credentials With INEC-Kperogi / Waziri Bulama Declares Giadom NEC Meeting Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.