Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) (45924 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Oba, Anambra State (Photos) / Villagers Kill Hippopotamus In Ikumo, Kogi State. Photos / The Huge Snake Caught By Soldiers In Borno State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
Martin0:
Gypsey this the kind of cylinder am talking about
i see!
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Peterosky(m): 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
Optional2:

if this one explode now they will call shekau and blame baba who is out of the country...

Make i light matches now and throw am to the gas cylinder.
.My dear, lighting a matches on that gas cylinder is optional and being engulfed by the fire from lighting the gas is optional2.You may now take your action.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by fxid10(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
what do you mean by "Oyigbo port Harcourt? You wan form abi?

My brother abeg, buy that person a new cylinder head if you are living in that compound o. when it will happen, others will be affected o. Remember Bob isua wife?
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by BadBlaize(m): 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
bros no ever call oyibo Port Haarcourt again, mke we knw where ur problem dey for dis state
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
Henrydboss:
Pls does anyone know any university offering aeronautical engineering in Nigeria?? I recently applied for mechanical engineering in fupre but I don't know if they offer it as one of the final year options areas in mechanical engineering any fupre mechanical engineering student in the house thanks
oh boy, that has always been my choice of study since I was born, but sadly there's none here in Nigeria, I ended up studying computer science. Take up mechanical then after you've graduated, you'll then apply for aviation school. Aviation schools are only what we have in Nigeria. That'll be the closest you can get to a plane if you're to study any course from Nigeria embarassed
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Optional2(f): 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
Peterosky:
.My dear, lighting a matches on that gas cylinder is optional and being engulfed by the fire from lighting the gas is optional.You may now take your action.

egbon bros i will light d damn matches nothing will happen shekau has taught me how to do dat..
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Henrydboss: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
ucsparks:
oh boy, that has always been my choice of study since I was born, but sadly there's none here in Nigeria, I ended up studying computer science. Take up mechanical then after you've graduated, you'll then apply for aviation school. Aviation schools are only what we have in Nigeria. That'll be the closest you can get to a plane if you're to study any course from Nigeria embarassed
I tahya for this country oh thanks anyway
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Spidermon: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
If you have 3k to spare, buy a replacement and give to them with scope.

The stones heaped on that thing will only serve to provide more trauma the day there would be an accident due to a leak.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Bluffly: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
I observed that everyone was talking about the regulator without the cylinder itself. Rusts could make a cylinder explode. I'm sure if prpoer investigation is carried out, that cylinder will have swollen up inside. Gas cylinders are meant to be checked every 5 years (or according to country law) afyer the test date.
Test dates are stamped on every cylinders which our responsibility is to always lool out for it when purchasing.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by begwong: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
E dey use gas as big man e no fit buy gas cylinder head. Stop living a fake life
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by softworker(m): 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
E be like say na risk o
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
seee ehn!just loose the thing and throw away wen they are not around. life is precious.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by FreshMekanik: 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
Articul8:
What is the rationale for the stones on it?

To stop or reduce the leaking regulator.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by FreshMekanik: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
sureboykris:
I don't understand the picture please

Trade your brain for "understanding"
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wayaring:
Fellow Nairalanders, I came across my neighbor Gas cylinder today in oyigbo portharcourt and I was pushed to bring it to our noticed. Please kindly advise them on the effects of what they are doing because I don't think they are aware of this consequences. I tried talking to them on the after effects but they all laugh over it like a normal gist.
Chai, recession has caused so much pains and has contributed to lots of fake and dull ideas.
Abeg, make una talk for them to hear.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by GREENLIGHTLAW(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Your neighbour's cylinder is probably leaking. Two things are involved, either his regulator is worn out or the small black rubber ring needs to be replaced (my supplier replaces the rubber for free each time there's a need), original regulator costs 3k. OP should enlighten his neighbour. I don't think it's much of danger for now since the cylinder is outside only that the neighbour may lose all his gas suddenly if not taken care of.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
The badoooooooooooo's gang
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Peterosky(m): 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
Optional2:

egbon bros i will light d damn matches nothing will happen shekau has taught me how to do dat..
.It is optional like optional2.I can now see that you are dating egbon Shekau. Okay continue.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Optional2(f): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
Peterosky:
.It is optional like optional.I can now see that you are dating egbon Shekau. Okay continue.

lol

egbon shekau is a god father oh..
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Nov6(m): 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
jaytime:
My brotherrr! E tire me o.
i swear most of these OP's think tru their Anu
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Rajosh(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2017
you've advised them and they refuse. it's now time for you and your cotenants to take laws into your hands and stop them before it's late. report them to the landlord.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Rajosh(m): 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2017
Henrydboss:
Pls does anyone know any university offering aeronautical engineering in Nigeria?? I recently applied for mechanical engineering in fupre but I don't know if they offer it as one of the final year options areas in mechanical engineering any fupre mechanical engineering student in the house thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Rajosh(m): 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Henrydboss:
Kwara State University (KWASU). it was approved by the NUC this year. below is the link.

https://www.naij.com/1090808-see-nigerian-university-offer-aeronautical-engineering.html

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Time bomb ready to explode, poverty no good o, is it by force to use gas cooker again?
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
@ seun osewa , I have a proposal for you, if you care enough to reach out let's discuss further.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Cupidkc(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
dominique:
It's not such a big a deal, false alarmists everywhere. What I'm seeing here is a faulty regulator which is not holding firm to the valve, hence preventing free flow of gas through the hose. The stones are used to tighten the grip of the regulator. Nothing dangerous about it, besides the cylinder is outside, reducing the risks of explosion. For the regulator to need to be held down by this many stones, it's as good as gone. Ordinary 2k regulator will solve this mess.
Ure well informed.
Bravo!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
gypsey:
i see!
yeah
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by armadeo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
Sniper12:
replacement is less dan 3k for the head, smh.

Exactly. Leaking head.

Instead not buying the guy gather stones.

Op for your own safety buy the head give the guy
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by gameboyo: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
StephDamielola:
THIS IS A TIME BOMB WAITING TO EXPLODE... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

PLEASE EDUCATE THEM ON THE DANGERS OF HAVING A GAS TANK EXPOSED IN SUCH MANNER..

LPG IS AN EXPLOSIVE CONTENT. IF IT ESCAPES FROM FROM A TINY CUT, IT COULD CAUSE A FIRE OUTBREAK.

Where should it be kept? I keep mind outside but not with stones as the op's own
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Stevebamdex(m): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
ststyreal:

Honestly my friend, I seem to be lost here. What is the hazard here in particular, is it where it is kept or what is on top of the cylinder, honestly I need more explanation, please help me out here
The problem is that the cylinder is old and the small object at the top of that cylinder which ought to have keys the components together is already loosed and no longer fixed.
Hence,the reason why those heavy stones were put on top of the cylinder.
Removing those heavy stones while cooking may result to fire explosion and fire is a friend of no one.
I hope have answered your question ma?
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Henrypraise: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
cyborg123:
It could be that the valve inside the regulator is not making proper contact to the valve of the cylinder. Some regulators fail that way & applying pressure to the top of the regulator will compress the rubber seal inside it and make the regulator work temporarily (the stones are applying continuous pressure in this case).

This might not be dangerous at all... well, except the stone falls on the leg of a pokenoser like the OP. grin

I thought I was tinking inside down till I saw ur post... most of d pple typing explosion etc don't even av gas cylinder... wat u av said is d simple truth, except if d op wants to light a match very close to d regulator...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Snake Killed At A Nairalander's Site: What's The Name? / Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs / A Black Cobra Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.