Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,369 members, 7,822,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) (45923 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Oba, Anambra State (Photos) / Villagers Kill Hippopotamus In Ikumo, Kogi State. Photos / The Huge Snake Caught By Soldiers In Borno State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by omolorlarh: 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2017
Henrydboss:
Pls does anyone know any university offering aeronautical engineering in Nigeria?? I recently applied for mechanical engineering in fupre but I don't know if they offer it as one of the final year options areas in mechanical engineering any fupre mechanical engineering student in the house thanks
kwasu,oduduwa offers aeronautical engineering
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Origin(f): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
Safety is everyone's business. Pray it does not harm others but it could and quite seriously.

Either talk to them or report to landlord association etc.

The life you save might just be yours.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by ststyreal(f): 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
Stevebamdex:

The problem is that the cylinder is old and the small object at the top of that cylinder which ought to have keys the components together is already loosed and no longer fixed.
Hence,the reason why those heavy stones were put on top of the cylinder.
Removing those heavy stones while cooking may result to fire explosion and fire is a friend of no one.
I hope have answered your question ma?
Tankuuuu very much, I was thinking the outcry was as a result of where it's been kept, cos I know the place it is, is safer than any other place. Thanks once again
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Stevebamdex(m): 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
ststyreal:

Tankuuuu very much, I was thinking the outcry was as a result of where it's been kept, cos I know the place it is, is safer than any other place. Thanks once again
You are highly welcome ma'.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by kenoz(m): 12:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Time Bomb

Suicide mission
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by dante57: 12:46am On Aug 02, 2017
shocked
This is genius
The gas would last 3x longer why didn't I think of this...
OP thanks for sharing because I dey rush to go tie my gas
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by kumulus(m): 1:05am On Aug 02, 2017
MARKone:
Regulator is leaking, Just change the rubber.

Funny enough all they needed to do if they couldn't afford the rubber was to put some soap in the opening before fixing the valve on it. See as dem pack rocks untop just to put pressure on the valve lol
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by laudate: 1:26am On Aug 02, 2017
celestialAgent:
@Op what if it exploded while you were talking the picture?

Better mind your own business henceforth. They know the risk, hence the reason why they put it outside with a protective armor. If they can't pay the fee, leave the to pay the pain if any ever emerge.
It is still a risk, even though the cylinder has been placed outside. It is obvious that the gas valve on top of the cylinder is leaking, and that is why they have placed stones on it to stop the leak. But it won't work. The valve needs to be changed, once the cylinder is empty. It costs between =N=3,500 to =N=5,000 per piece. It can be changed at any DPR certified LPG refilling plant. It is better to spend a little amount to prevent a huge catastrophe down the line.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by celestialAgent(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2017
laudate:

It is still a risk, even though the cylinder has been placed outside. It is obvious that the gas valve on top of the cylinder is leaking, and that is why they have placed stones on it to stop the leak. But it won't work. The valve needs to be changed, once the cylinder is empty. It costs between =N=3,500 to =N=5,000 per piece. It can be changed at any DPR certified LPG refilling plant. It is better to spend a little amount to prevent a huge catastrophe down the line.
I know it's a risk, the main reason why I said, "if they can't pay the fee, Op should leave them to pay the bill". The Getting close to the cylinder to take a picture when the op is not willing to help he financially is not very reasonable. Dude should think about his own security first.
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by chinkichun: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2017
Since you've told them and they dont wanna listen, just buy the gas cap for them.

They will be embarassed and that should be the goal. undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2017
Since you've told them and they dont wanna listen, just buy the gas cap for them.

They will be embarassed and that should be the goal.

Best Reasoning & Comment So Far!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by 400billionman: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sniper12:
replacement is less dan 3k for the head, smh.

Burner is N2,000 and this is not a burner model

Highest N1,000. chai..
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Since it's outside I think it's a “bit”. The leakage can't cause much explosion since its outside and it would have diffused With the air

It would be more dangerous indoors.

That said, they should change it
Re: A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) by Peterosky(m): 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Optional2:

lol
egbon shekau is a god father oh..
.OK I hear you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Snake Killed At A Nairalander's Site: What's The Name? / Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs / A Black Cobra Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.