Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. (3980 Views)

Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice / Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice / Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
SIMPLE PARTY JOLLOF WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS.

NO doubt, Nigerians really love party jollof. The scramble for Jollof Rice at parties has become a really common phenomena.
Why?
It is because Of that Distinct Taste.. Oh God. The taste is very muahhh.
Do you know that You can cook that Party Jollof in your own home?
No more Rice that tastes like concoction ahah.lol.
I have cooked rich party Jollof and 'SIMPLE' party Jollof.ahah.
By SIMPLE, I mean Jollof that does not contain all those Behind Behind Behind ingredients.
Due to the present economy, I will teach you how to cook SIMPLE Jollof that tastes exactly like Wedding, Dinners and Birthday Party Jollof.

You can cook with any Method you like, all those methods you have been doing are good. The distinct thing is the Smoke!

HOW I MAKE MINE (NB: You can use your own method).
Ingredients
1. Rice
2. Tomato Paste(generous o. don't be stingy.lol). Use one tomato paste for three cups of rice. I use Gino because of that strong taste.
3. Curry
4. Thyme
5. Groundnut Oil
6. Tomatoes and pepper( Ground chilli Powder or fresh).. I don't use tomatoes or fresh pepper. I use Chilli Powder and tomato paste. No money abeg.lol.
7. Stock...... I don't use stock too. Student life.
8. Onions. Be generous with onions.
9)Seasoning, Salt

HOW TO COOK.
1) If you are using Fresh tomatoes and pepper, Blend them.
Slice the onions. After slicing, divide the sliced onions into two. One for the beginning of the cooking, one for the end of the cooking.

2) Place the groundnut oil on the fire, add one of the parted onions.

3) Add the blended Tomatoes and pepper.. Add the Tomato Paste.. be generous with your tomato paste because it makes the rice taste good. (Add the Chilli powder if you are not using fresh pepper)

4) Allow to fry until it is cooked.. as in, the oil starts coming to the top.

5) If you are using stock, add the stock, maggi, salt, curry, thyme nd allow to boil. Please note that the stock already contains seasoning so use minimal seasoning as you don't want a meal that is toooooo spicy. Then add water. make sure that you don't add too much water. The amount of water depends on the amount of rice you are cooking.

6)If you are not using stock, add water.. note, don't add too much. Add water in a way that will not make your rice smoggy after cooking.

7) Let it boil

cool Now, add your rice.

9) Cook cook cook

10) When it is almost done, add the remaining onions.

When it is done, do not put down immediately. Mix the rice to ensure that it is evenly coloured. You know sometimes, the oil will just remain on top of the rice so u have to mix the rice.

11) Leave it on the fire and allow the rice to burn... ah wait. not that kind of burning o.. I mean, burn the bottom of the pot. As in, you know that bottom some of us use to scrap after cooking beans.lol

12) Do you know that it is the burning smoke that gives the rice that distinct taste and smell?

13) When rice is done, increase the heat and let the bottom of the pot to burn for 10 minutes depending on the cups of rice u re cooking so that all the rice will not burn like that. lol. 10 mins is okay for three to four cups of rice.
We only need to burn the bottom of the pot. Do not open the pot o so as to allow the smoke to cover the whole rice very wel. Let it burnnnnnn burnnnnnnnnnn burnnnnnnnnnn.

14) Put the rice down. Do not open. Leave the rice closed for like 5-10 mins so as to enable all the rice to be mesmerized by the smoke coming from the bottom of the pot.

15) Open, mix, garnish as you like and serve.. then you are good to go.

THIS IS A SIMPLE PARTY JOLLOF RICE RECIPE. NO TUSHNESS, NO FORMING.

If you have tried it, comment how it tastes like.

You can 'wrong' me if you like.

Cc: Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44 come and learn o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by Probz(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2017
Green pepper's a secret that lot of people don't know about.
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
andreweb:
What is wrong with Nl today? or is it my browser?

What is wrong? If it is Error 505, then it is normal
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by wtfcoded: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
Newyorks Abeg come learn how to cook jellof rice o
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
Probz:
Green pepper's a secret that lot of people don't know about.

It is actually not green pepper. It is the smoke.. Don't tell me you see green pepper in the Jollof they serve at weddings.
I always use my method and it always turn out like party Jollof.

1 Like

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by IdeyFindWife: 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
mercytripletz:

11) Leave it on the fire and allow the rice to burn... ah wait. not that kind of burning o.. I mean, burn the bottom of the pot. As in, you know that bottom some of us use to scrap after cooking beans.lol

Can't even 'wrong' you dear, big-cane fall on whoever tries.

Can't believe this is the simple secret of that distinctive Naija jollof taste. For years, growing up, i called it 'party-rice' because home-cooked ones never quite made that taste.

Well done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by Probz(m): 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
mercytripletz:

It is actually not green pepper. It is the smoke.. Don't tell me you see green pepper in the Jollof they serve at weddings.
I always use my method and it always turn out like party Jollof.
Green bell pepper/tatashe or shombo, yeah. It goes in when you blend the tomato and red pepper.

Don't take my word for it though. Next time when you're cooking jollof rice add green bell pepper to the tomato-tatashe-rodo blend and see how it comes out.
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
Probz:
Green bell pepper/tatashe or shombo, yeah. It goes in when you blend the tomato and red pepper.

Don't take my word for it though. Next time when you're cooking jollof rice add green bell pepper to the mix and see how it comes out.

No problem...thanks.
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by Probz(m): 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
mercytripletz:

No problem...thanks.
Cool recipe though. What do you think about nutmeg in jollof rice?
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

Can't even 'wrong' you dear, big-cane fall on whoever tries.

Can't believe this is the simple secret of that distinctive Naija jollof taste. For years, growing up, i called it 'party-rice' because home-cooked ones never quite made that taste.

Well done

Big cane fall on whoever tries? lol.
Well, try it first because I have tried it myself and others have done it too.

1 Like

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
Probz:
Cool recipe though. What do you think about nutmeg in jollof rice?

It is okay in jollof.. I have never tried it tho.
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by IdeyFindWife: 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
mercytripletz:

Big cane fall on whoever tries? lol.
Well, try it first because I have tried it myself and others have done it too.

yes o; nobody should wrong you cheesy.
av learnt a bit from ur post
i had party-rice a few months back in ghana few months ago after several years of not visiting the place. surprisingly, naija jollof tasted quite better, more mature, more spicy with that burnt tang than the interesting-looking mash-up they served me.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by theodara001(f): 2:40am On Aug 03, 2017
I can actually testify to it..

2 Likes

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by reeny99: 6:55am On Aug 07, 2017
I actually tried your recipe and true to your words as simple and uncomplicated I got it.
I have used nutmeg and even green pepper before ,personally I prefer yours.
I added Sliced tomatoes to the onions towards the tail end of the preparation
Great job for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:57am On Aug 07, 2017
theodara001:
I can actually testify to it..
Really nice. thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 8:58am On Aug 07, 2017
reeny99:
I actually tried your recipe and true to your words as simple and uncomplicated I got it.
I have used nutmeg and even green pepper before ,personally I prefer yours.
I added Sliced tomatoes to the onions towards the tail end of the preparation
Great job for the enlightenment.

Awwnnn. I am blushing. Thanks dear. God bless you.
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by toastedbread: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
mercytripletz> for those of us wey dey form, how we go use prepare and add the beef to your existing procedure?
nma27> come see toast o
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
toastedbread:
mercytripletz> for those of us wey dey form, how we go use prepare and add the beef to your existing procedure?
nma27> come see toast o
I don't understand
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by toastedbread: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
mercytripletz:

I don't understand

let's say i want to use meat. after steaming the meat, how do i add (the steamed meat) it to your recipe to still give the party taste?
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by armyofone(m): 5:36am On Aug 08, 2017
Generous amount of tomatoes, tatashe (not bell pepper), curry, goat meat stock, tomato paste are a must.

I'd like to eat your smoky jollof on a very hungry day @ op.

1 Like

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
toastedbread:

let's say i want to use meat. after steaming the meat, how do i add (the steamed meat) it to your recipe to still give the party taste?
Add before the rice.
Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 01, 2018
mercytripletz:

NO doubt, Nigerians really love party jollof. The scramble for Jollof Rice at parties has become a really common phenomena.
Why?
It is because Of that Distinct Taste.. Oh God. The taste is very muahhh.
Do you know that You can cook that Party Jollof in your own home?
No more Rice that tastes like concoction ahah.lol.
I have cooked rich party Jollof and 'SIMPLE' party Jollof.ahah.
By SIMPLE, I mean Jollof that does not contain all those Behind Behind Behind ingredients.
Due to the present economy, I will teach you how to cook SIMPLE Jollof that tastes exactly like Wedding, Dinners and Birthday Party Jollof.

You can cook with any Method you like, all those methods you have been doing are good. The distinct thing is the Smoke!

HOW I MAKE MINE (NB: You can use your own method).
Ingredients
1. Rice
2. Tomato Paste(generous o. don't be stingy.lol). Use one tomato paste for three cups of rice. I use Gino because of that strong taste.
3. Curry
4. Thyme
5. Groundnut Oil
6. Tomatoes and pepper( Ground chilli Powder or fresh).. I don't use tomatoes or fresh pepper. I use Chilli Powder and tomato paste. No money abeg.lol.
7. Stock...... I don't use stock too. Student life.
8. Onions. Be generous with onions.
9)Seasoning, Salt

HOW TO COOK.
1) If you are using Fresh tomatoes and pepper, Blend them.
Slice the onions. After slicing, divide the sliced onions into two. One for the beginning of the cooking, one for the end of the cooking.

2) Place the groundnut oil on the fire, add one of the parted onions.

3) Add the blended Tomatoes and pepper.. Add the Tomato Paste.. be generous with your tomato paste because it makes the rice taste good. (Add the Chilli powder if you are not using fresh pepper)

4) Allow to fry until it is cooked.. as in, the oil starts coming to the top.

5) If you are using stock, add the stock, maggi, salt, curry, thyme nd allow to boil. Please note that the stock already contains seasoning so use minimal seasoning as you don't want a meal that is toooooo spicy. Then add water. make sure that you don't add too much water. The amount of water depends on the amount of rice you are cooking.

6)If you are not using stock, add water.. note, don't add too much. Add water in a way that will not make your rice smoggy after cooking.

7) Let it boil

cool Now, add your rice.

9) Cook cook cook

10) When it is almost done, add the remaining onions.

When it is done, do not put down immediately. Mix the rice to ensure that it is evenly coloured. You know sometimes, the oil will just remain on top of the rice so u have to mix the rice.

12) Do you know that it is the burning smoke that gives the rice that distinct taste and smell?

13) When rice is done, increase the heat and let the bottom of the pot to burn for 10 minutes depending on the cups of rice u re cooking so that all the rice will not burn like that. lol. 10 mins is okay for three to four cups of rice.
We only need to burn the bottom of the pot. Do not open the pot o so as to allow the smoke to cover the whole rice very wel. Let it burnnnnnn burnnnnnnnnnn burnnnnnnnnnn.

14) Put the rice down. Do not open. Leave the rice closed for like 5-10 mins so as to enable all the rice to be mesmerized by the smoke coming from the bottom of the pot.

15) Open, mix, garnish as you like and serve.. then you are good to go.

THIS IS A SIMPLE PARTY JOLLOF RICE RECIPE. NO TUSHNESS, NO FORMING.

If you have tried it, comment how it tastes like.

can you please come and cook it for me, jollof rice it's actually my best food lolzzz

2 Likes

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by mercytripletz: 10:37am On Feb 01, 2018
Tosinex:
can you please come and cook it for me, jollof rice it's actually my best food lolzzz

You will actually have to pay me. Hired cooking, you know

1 Like

Re: How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
mercytripletz:

You will actually have to pay me. Hired cooking, you know
no problem.. As long as it is party jollof rice and not something else..hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

See This Wonderful Pot Of Spaghetti Cake With Meatballs And Green Peas. Photo / Cake Mixers Up For Grabs / Family Food Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.