Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th (6823 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Abiola On If He Would Take IMF Loan When He Becomes President (Video) / Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by CampuChan: 7:58am On Aug 02, 2017
We have a looming political crisis if Buhari fail to arrive Nigeria by Monday the 7th of August.
Though the constitution is ambiguous regarding an absentee president, it however frowned on sick and infirmed Presidents.
By staying away for 3months Buhari have unwittingly relinquished his position as president.

What am I missing?

2 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Crocky23: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Osinbanjo doesn't have the balls to be president. When we last had similar crisis, Jonathan took the bull by the horn. Don't expect Osibanjo to challenge the cabal, he has no political base, a toothless bulldog.

28 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Arooroebenezer: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2017
Selling On Your Site Made Easy.

Lets Build Your Ecommerce Website, Lets Build Your Dream

With Payment Gateway Integrated

for N53,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

Come with INCREDIBLE full features

Your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by NwaAmaikpe: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2017
shocked

Osinbanjo can never be president...

He is too ignorant and lily-livered for that post, we don't want another GEJ.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by CampuChan: 8:07am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:
Osinbanjo doesn't have the balls to be president. When we last had similar crisis, Jonathan took the bull by the horn. Don't expect Osibanjo to challenge the cabal, he has no political base, a toothless bulldog.

I don't think Osinbanjo needs to confront any cabal, Buhari won't be president by Tuesday if he fails to turn up for work. He can't be absent for 3 months.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by CampuChan: 8:09am On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Osinbanjo can never be president...

He is too ignorant and lily-livered for that post, we don't want another GEJ.

We don't need a dictator, Osibanjo has been great so far.

9 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Kundagarten: 8:15am On Aug 02, 2017
What happens if Osibanjo declares himself president and Buhari arrives early September?

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by CampuChan: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Kundagarten:
What happens if Osibanjo declares himself president and Buhari arrives early September?

Osinbanjo can't declare himself president, the era of coups and counter coup have gone. Only the senate/reps can declare a change of government.

4 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Mynd44: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2017
CampuChan:

I don't think Osinbanjo needs to confront any cabal, Buhari won't be president by Tuesday if he fails to turn up for work. He can't be absent for 3 months.
Which constitution says that?

I dont like this arrangement but who told you a president will lose his office if absent for 90 days? Show us the clause biko

4 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Kondomatic(m): 8:19am On Aug 02, 2017
CampuChan:

This guy no understand Nigeria.
Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by RoyalUc(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:

Nigerians say it takes 'having balls' to be president but accuse PMB of being a 'dictator' for being resolute.
Nigerians are unique!

23 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by updatechange(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:

An Ipod spotted.

11 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by ojun50(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2017
Buhari is coming dis Saturday so u people should stop worring yr self

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by CampuChan: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2017
Mynd44:

I dont like this arrangement but who told you a president will lose his office if absent for 90 days? Show us the clause biko

The constitution is clear about sick presidents too ill to continue their mandate.
Would you say Buhari is well enough to continue? Let him not turn up for work on Monday and let's see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by paBuhari(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2017
90 days grace period and Buhari will appear like a ghost, spend two weeks in 9ja then go back again to repeat the circle. Welcome to change grin Zombies don buy market walahi grin grin grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by chiagozien(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2017
Story story,who will fight for him,his coward brothers abi who.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by zionmade1: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2017
Mynd44:

bros, so u re the one that is always after my moniker
anyway buhari wont come back till 2020. Hope u wont ban me for that.
abeg borrow me that ur stamp i want to use it and stamp nextprince brain like "brain closed"

3 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by nextprince: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2017
zionmade1:

bros, so u re the one that is always after my moniker
anyway buhari wont come back till 2020. Hope u wont ban me for that.
abeg borrow me that ur stamp i want to use it and stamp nextprince brain like "brain closed"
Pls stop spamming my mention with junks
Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by fergus0n: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=paBuhari post=59066000]90 days grace period and Buhari will appear like a ghost, spend two weeks in 9ja then go back again to repeat the circle. Welcome to change grin Zombies don buy market walahi grin grin grin
grin gringrin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Sprumbabafather: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Kundagarten:

The Abiola treatment will be repeated on him, same method, same dosage grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by ogawisdom(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2017
Senseless thread the cabals are nt stupid u kw Buhari will be flown in b4 then to break n restart the 90 days cycle. Except Buhari dies he remains President wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Buhari must come back and remain President on sick bed. He wanted Presidency, the Gods have answered his prayers. Nigerians wanted Buhari, the Gods have answered your prayers. Do not confuse the Gods with your plural requests. Enjoy your desired 'Change' while it lasts, and I hope you all survive till 'they' finish their tenure in 2023.

I never supported evil, I will see no evil.

10 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by stonemasonn: 8:43am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:
I think the bull took Jonathan by the balls instead

5 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by zionmade1: 8:45am On Aug 02, 2017
nextprince:

Pls stop spamming my mention with junks
lol i want to drag u deep so that next time u want to spew ur hatred for igbos on any thread u will remember that winter will come after u. All hail next prince of the desert
anyway just find ur way to that boko haram thread and register ur presence

4 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by nextprince: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2017
zionmade1:

lol i want to drag u deep so that next time u want to spew ur hatred for igbos on any thread u will remember that winter will come after u. All hail next prince of the desert
anyway just find ur way to that boko haram thread and register ur presence

Stop spamming my mention with incoherent rants.
Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by StOla: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:

Did you just say Jonathan took the bull by the horns?

Can that woman called Jonathan even look a bull in the eye?

You better praise the actions of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, Wole Soyinka, and Dora Akunyili going rogue at the Federal Executive Council.

5 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by ladiguy(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:

You are stupid. Jonathan was a toy during Yarudua's saga. It was Save Nigeria Group(Lead by south westerners, OBJ and Dora that fought for Jonathan. You this 3 yrs old boy. Foolish.

9 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by obailala(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2017
CampuChan:

The constitution is clear about sick presidents too ill to continue their mandate.
Would you say Buhari is well enough to continue? Let him not turn up for work on Monday and let's see.
Is 90 days written in the cconstitution?
Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by ajebuter(f): 8:58am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:

Sadly but that's the truth

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by Ijaya123: 9:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Crocky23:

Jonathan didn't do jack as he was too dumb to a fault. He has been clueless since time immemorial.

It was Tunde Bakare led Save Nigeria Group that fought for him to be sworn in as the president. That was when the National Assembly came up with what was called doctrine of necessity.

Always get your story right and don't misinform others with made up tales.

If you are, not everybody is suffering from selective amnesia.

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by zionmade1: 9:00am On Aug 02, 2017
nextprince:

Stop spamming my mention with incoherent rants.
I will catch u again. nextprince of sambisa
Re: Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th by ajebuter(f): 9:01am On Aug 02, 2017
We all know he would be smuggled into the country in the middle of the night even with medical paraphanelia

Even If he has to arrive on wheelchair ,he would beat the deadline..

Cabals are in charge so no room for a Southern Christian like Prof Osinbajo..

So pathetic a country..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Do You Agree With This Guy Electoral Result Prediction Map Of 2023 Election / "wake Up, Tackle Insecurity" – Bode George Charges Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.