Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson (46583 Views)

What Is The Name Of The White Man That Preached At SCOAN TODAY. / 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by UDIOK: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
mmsen:
What is a man who wears lipstick doing in church to begin with?

Does the Bible not claim that people are that way inclined be put to death?
Keep the question for another day.....digress deeply on the message.....the he/she is absolutely correct.....is a grave concern honestly

2 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ExInferis(m): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Church, Inc.

2 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by aithusa: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
@poster
I quite understand your plight and I must confess I'm really disappointed with the ushers' behaviour but note the following:
(1) The SCOAN church is probably the only church where the demand is far much more than the supply( I'm sure you saw the mammoth crowd)
(2)Unlike some churches, there is only one single service per day
(3) Foreigners alike are also jostling to attend this single service
(4) If you are a keen observer on Emmanuel TV when Prophet tb Joshua is ministering live, you will notice he himself normally shouts on them, trying to put them in line to correction
(5) Those ushers/workers I believe, are either not trained or are themselves overwhelmed.
(6) Finally, no matter how good any organisation is, there remains areas of imperfections that needs ammends
Hence, when visiting SCOAN, don't be distracted by the treatment but focus on what you came for.

JESUS IS LORD

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Humanistme: 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
see all the brainwashed sheep trying to defend the indefensible. sciencewatch come and defend your church and master kikiki grin

6 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Humanistme: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin
jdtrends:

You are a Liar and a petty blackmailer ! Whatever be the case, Prophet TB Joshua is way better and more powerful than your fake-pastor boyfriend, Apostle Johnson Suleiman.

I command you to give your life to Christ!

another brainwashed sheep spotted.

all these afonja pastors sef

7 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
I had a far worse experience!
In fact, i suffered the WORST public embarrasment/ridicule of my life at that church!
....though prophet joshua personally apologised to me via a facebook post, i avoid the place prevent further ill-treatment!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by OtemAtum: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
Seenyo:
In fact, i suffered the WORST public embarrasment/ridicule of my life at that church!
....though prophet joshua personally apologised to me via a facebook post, i avoid the place prevent further ill-treatment!!!
Care to share your experience with us?
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
If you live around Ikotun, Ile-Iwe, Council or Ijegu, this is no news. Everything she wrote there is true. Dressing matters too. The nicely dressed are kept inside while the badly dressed watch the 'MOG' from outside. Wondering what Jesus will say to all these. These are obvious for anybody to see that there's definitely something wrong with the church. Charity is good but it could be a smokescreen or ritual. Man. Smh
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I dedicate this FTC to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one true God that created everything
grin
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by harriet412(f): 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Seenyo:

Iyammi! ..

Personal apology kwa grin grin ..

Oga lie small small na grin

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by harriet412(f): 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If you live around Ikotun, Ile-Iwe, Council or Ijegu, this is no news. Everything she wrote there is true. Dressing matters too. The nicely dressed are kept inside while the badly dressed watch the 'MOG' from outside. Wondering what Jesus will say to all these. These are obvious for anybody to see that there's definitely something wrong with the church. Charity is good but it could be a smokescreen or ritual. Man. Smh

A 'He' not a She grin grin
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Eazybay(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Each time I see stuff like this, I actually pity the people involved, but look at it from this perspective; even Jesus' disciples tried to stop the crowd and @ some point cared less! Some ppl had to throw in a paralysed man from the ROOF!! They are humans no matter what you see on TV, understand they are humans, Nigerians to be precise!!

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Gentlevin: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Pls don't let those miracles u watch deceive you. Many are fake. The only miracle they perform is on those demon possessed ones. Some of this pastors even inflict demons on their members and later remove it, claiming its miracle. If these churches actually perform real miracles then why do we still have more mad people and handicapped ones on the streets?...When dem come teach una Bible una go run.....keep looking for miracle.....THE REAL MIRACLE WE EXPECT WILL COME WHEN GOD'S KINGDOM COME....a word is enough for d wise...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
harriet412:

A 'He' not a She grin grin
Lol. Thanks.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by preshray: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
Well,I read your piece...long but interesting. The segregation u are referring to...u don't know y dat is but u jumped into conclusion. And I won't call it segregation, people from outside Nigeria are put in a different section because apparently they can't come every Sunday, it will be like once I'm a while stuff,so they try to give them d best experience dey can get,nd wen I say outside Nigeria, I mean countries nearby also like Togo Ghana nd d rest..not just dose 4rm UK nd d rest. As for the skirt, people came to church for deir different problems, to come and pray,with undivided attention.. U may not av seen it as inappropriate, but I'm sure others did. U are equally complaining about security but wen u were questioned u were saying too much questions?? Besides no amount of man-made security will stop whatever is supposed to apin..so instead I believe God protects us all. Av a lot more to say buh lemme stop here

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by yankison(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
captainD567:
And again if this type of scrutiny is there then i wonder how those disabled ppl who get miracles go in...its probably arranged hmmmm wow

Seconded . they arrange everything ,how come no body get to know all this people that have bee healed from the church . and why so much problem going into a church . abi no be GOd again? I tire o

2 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by mmsen: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
UDIOK:
Keep the question for another day.....digress deeply on the message.....the he/she is absolutely correct.....is a grave concern honestly

My question ties into his/her point - the book from which the pastors preach proclaims hatred of his kind so why would he want to be a part of that group?

His experience at the church itself is just a manifestation of the contempt that the authors of the Bible had for mankind.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by yankison(m): 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
preshray:
Well,I read your piece...long but interesting. The segregation u are referring to...u don't know y dat is but u jumped into conclusion. And I won't call it segregation, people from outside Nigeria are put in a different section because apparently they can't come every Sunday, it will be like once I'm a while stuff,so they try to give them d best experience dey can get,nd wen I say outside Nigeria, I mean countries nearby also like Togo Ghana nd d rest..not just dose 4rm UK nd d rest. As for the skirt, people came to church for deir different problems, to come and pray,with undivided attention.. U may not av seen it as inappropriate, but I'm sure others did. U are equally complaining about security but wen u were questioned u were saying too much questions?? Besides no amount of man-made security will stop whatever is supposed to apin..so instead I believe God protects us all. Av a lot more to say buh lemme stop here

Shut up . there what is this one saying .. There shouldnt be a problem entring the house of the Lord haba

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Blinji: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
From all you mentioned their seems to be some senses of organization and orderliness.

This can only be achieved if the ushers and security agencies are not friendly in a crowded capacity of thousands of people.

Just imagine you left for a service at 3am. Why not 8am?

It becos you pre-empted an a crowded scenario which can only be controlled with serious and thoughed minded people.

Have you ever seen a police man smiling and cheerful in a football stadium.

The ushers you are talking about probably have not slept and have been on duty since 6pm previous day and you are expecting a smile and warmly handshake.

You better go back to your close by house Parish.

3 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ikorodureporta: 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
I read it! I jst have this to say.......''By their fruits you shall know them'' be not deceived!
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Blinji: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
yankison:

Shut up . there what is this one saying .. There shouldnt be a problem entring the house of the Lord haba

My friend try and understand. When a female is placed for deliverance and she fell under anointing unconsciously and all her legs are widely open and you see her undies and under camera view over the world, you will still be the first person that will condemn the church for carelessness.

2 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by oksmart1992(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
Synagogue that a mobile police stationed at the first gate threatened to shot me if i dont leave the church premises just because i asked them for direction.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ikorodureporta: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ishilove:
Haha! It is very refreshing to know that people still write well on social media.

He captured it beautifully. When I was there some years I had a verbal smack down with one of the hopeless ushers who was rude to my mum. These people have no regards for older people and it took every fibre of restraint I had in me not to start yelling like a mad woman. People were telling me to ignore the idiot guy "because you are in church." I am in church yet these fools are behaving like tin gods?

Well sha, I don't blame them. No be me carry my two yam legs go enter that circus of a church? This was years ago, and from what I've read here it seems it has gotten worse. Lord knows I can't be caught dead there again.

oh, my crush, u were there

I ain't crushn anymore sad
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
ebuclassic18:
people like taking things so personal
No, they are not. I have been there once and all the OP said is the truth. The Ushers are fcccking rude like that. Well, that was my last time too.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
[img][/img]
Ishilove:
Haha! It is very refreshing to know that people still write well on social media.

He captured it beautifully. When I was there some years I had a verbal smack down with one of the hopeless ushers who was rude to my mum. These people have no regards for older people and it took every fibre of restraint I had in me not to start yelling like a mad woman. People were telling me to ignore the idiot guy "because you are in church." I am in church yet these fools are behaving like tin gods?

Well sha, I don't blame them. No be me carry my two yam legs go enter that circus of a church? This was years ago, and from what I've read here it seems it has gotten worse. Lord knows I can't be caught dead there again.
Me too. Was there 2015. Chai! The Ushers are just too rude and I wonder how they said they never God with that. It's like its kind of training for them to b rude like that. My 1st time was my last time though because I don't have patience for that kind of stuffs
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Hahnemann: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
That same church, many people get what they want even without seeing the Man of God face to face. Only your faith matters. From your narration, you just went there to be a spectator of miracles not for any other reason. God forgive you for allowing yourself to be used to create a dissuading image about the truly anointed man of God.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by johnsir(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=DuBLINGreenb post=59075228]I read it all, well I am a supporter of TBJ however I am not an igBo hausa or yoruba. I have been there 3 times. I can relate to your story.

I think the yoruba ushers are the problem have you been to the canteen at the canopy? With very few foreigners And also used the one inside the church itself wit majority foreigners operating it and see the difference.

The yoruba ushers are too rude no be small. The white guys while smile at you once in awhile and won't shout at you but try the yoruba Female ushers you will see something.
Ladies and gents when going avoid the FEMALE YORUBA USHERS at all cost except she is below 21 (I met one she was sweet talked well, smiled, jumped, danced and even told me about joining one youth something can't remember it's been awhile.
Sorry my yoruba bro's and sis but I think I would advice our MOG to replace half of the yoruba with foreigners or hausa no wonder he shouts them down and the TV operator cuts it off TBJ likes his people but they don't like him he should do and relocate do you know most of the people of ikotun do not attend the church not to talk of believe h
im despite the free electricity the church gives them and the business boom the church created in the area sad but life is a battl
efield not a play ground right?[color=#006600][/color][/quote
Oga reporterer a beg name the areas that enjoy free power supply from tbj.U just come n type false unverified information.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ishilove:

I watch the Prophet on YouTube...was thinking to visit when next I visit Naija...but after all I've read may be I should just stick to YouTube.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Neduzze5(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
rossyc:

Am telling you....U can imagine the rubbish only to attend a church, is the so called man of God Christ himself... Nawao.

God knows that I cannot be caught dead attending SCOAN.

I'd choose Methodist or Redeemed over any and all others.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by greggng: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
The writer is very intelligent with the narratives. Kudos
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by pocohantas(f): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
LordOfNaira:
I remember last Easter Sunday, a friend of mine begged that I take her to the church. I drove all the way from Ife on the same day (Easter Sunday) to be there on time. We were turned around from the church entrance by ushers and directed toward a number of tents a little walk from the main gate. My friend got the first shock when the usher (a young lady) standing in front of the narrow entrance into the compound where these tents were, asked her rudely to cover her hair.

In short, she never saw TB Joshua as she hoped. We were there until four in the evening. The tents were noisy and the message on the flatscreen TV could not be heard. When we were about leaving, she asked the woman beside us where she could get Morning Water. My friend's belief was that it was free. We were directed to an open tent behind the one we were under. We went to the stand and discovered that the Morning Water was not free after all. It was 5000 naira but the people selling it said we couldn't get the water except we bought some of TB Joshua's books. They explained that the water was free but that the books cost 5000 naira. My friend looked at me, expecting me to bring out 5k to buy a tiny bottle of water and some books I was not interested in buying. I didn't know when I said, Bullshit, I am outta here.

You see your life...na woman you carry all the way from Ife o.
If na me now, you won't agree...

Anyway, thank God you didn't complete the maga process by parting with 5k. That would have broken my heart.

GogobiriLalas:
I watch the Prophet on YouTube...was thinking to visit when next I visit Naija...but after all I've read may be I should just stick to YouTube.
Better stick to YouTube...we don't want to read another complain grin
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Gobhanky: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ma guy
Who u wan impress with this your long ass epistle shiit
Fuc u homo
Who send i message b4
U nor sabi say tb joshia na dagbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" / "My Daughter Lied Against Apostle Suleman" - Stephanie's Otobo's Dad / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.