Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) (83090 Views)

Fela Kuti Married 27 Wives And Took Them To Ghana For Honeymoon (Throwback Photo / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / Snoop Dogg Shares Fela Kuti's Photo On His Instagram Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by obaival(m): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
A
F
O
N
J
A

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
tyson98:

G.O FAGUNWA KONTUNU

Make una dey celebrate una legend
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by tyson98: 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
free2ryhme:
Fela is not a legend. Those who grew up in Ikeja knows what I am talking about.

Computer village use to be the shrine back then and he refused to pay binite the owner of the place he used for many years till he died
No be legend na stout ode

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Kapasky80: 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ani iku lapo
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by ybalogs(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nna Mehn, nah Baba Fela be this. Sorry Baba.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by oluwamile(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
hmmm,this country is sumtin else,throwing someone's thru window,i still use to pass the building which felas mum fell from nd I feel sorry for dis country...I wish sarakis mum or Dino's mum can b thrown like dat

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by offornuel(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin ;DSTILL WEARING ONLY PANT EVEN AT THE TIME OF TROUBLE... ;DSTILL WEARING ONLY PANT EVEN AT THE TIME OF TROUBLE...
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by tifetola: 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
I wonder why him papa no use condom when him dey do him mama to born him. Him suppose Don hang inside condom
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Celinenkay545(f): 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nnamdi KANU is a living Legend
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Efewestern: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
dhope001:
Blessed Memory how I wish he knew Christ before his death

those that knew Christ then, how did they better the life of those around them.

life sometimes is not all about Christianity or Islam.

8 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by KingSango(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Greetings,

Fela Kuti is the greatest liberation artist. Fela turned talking drums into talking horns, highly impressive. I used to think it takes a long time for the lyrics to start on Fela's song, but after becoming familiar with talking drums, I understand now that the horns were lyrics too! Fela, pure genius! Ase. Love, Sango.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5x6pbJMyU

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fela the hero. He released "unknown soilders" after this incident. Infact it was double album he released.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by ehemwhy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,
The nearest with such bravery or even more is Nnamdi KANU.

Tuface had the rare opportunity to write his name amongst the braves but just an encounter with the DSS made him swallow his words.

It's funny how they compare Kanu's bravery with that of a yoruba man.....same tribe they call cowards ..issokay

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by EndiaSami: 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
free2ryhme:
Fela is not a legend. Those who grew up in Ikeja knows what I am talking about.

Computer village use to be the shrine back then and he refused to pay binite the owner of the place he used for many years till he died

Who be this abeg?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by dhope001(m): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Efewestern:

those that knew Christ then, how did they better the life of those around them.

life sometimes is not all about Christianity or Islam.
your good or bad behavior doesn't count to God except the gift of righteousness through Christ Jesus...

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by juman(m): 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Baba seventy. grin
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by MONITZ: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

Do u know he killed a young electrician that came to work in house at gbemisola undecided

Oops, u re a bad guy to ve mentioned this, ur mention of it made me remember he actually had a case like this,and it dragged on for a long time.,then with Wat u said about his troubles with the Binite family, u finally confirmed that u indeed knew/stayed close to the Abami. Eda himself. Thanks for the memories...

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by just2endowed: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,

Tuface had the rare opportunity to write his name amongst the braves but just an encounter with the DSS made him swallow his words.

Am sorry to say this, Pls dont mention fela with kanu. Coz they are completely opposite. Pls and pls, I am not against agitation that eaterners are fighting for, but if u knew fela well, have u seen him condemned or incite violence despite his Mal treatment from the military government? U can't ever compare a legend to kanu. If u know where fela story had reached and touched in this world, u will hate kanu. Period

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by sod09(m): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Y is he always on pant
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by 2tips: 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

Do u know he killed a young electrician that came to work in house at gbemisola undecided

in house?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by RSVP: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op this your English nah Kalakuta English ooo! "Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of Fela mum" angry

You sef see dat shot?

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
2tips:

in house?

In his house
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by juman(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Unfortunately, nigeria of today is not better.

The same set of people keep destroying the country.

Those that descended on fela still destroying the country till today.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
tyson98:

No be legend na stout ode

Congrats to ur legend grin
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
favourmic:
I don't see any good example from this man call fela

Noting to be call legend with suck crazy behavior
lolll,don't look at his behaviour look at his message.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by columbus007(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
How is he a legend abeg,and I say fvck him undecided

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by cytell56: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

Do u know he killed a young electrician that came to work in his house at gbemisola undecided

IPOB, you dey there abi?

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by 2tips: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
dhope001:
your good or bad behavior doesn't count to God except the gift of righteousness through Christ Jesus...
If I hear wennn...?

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by just2endowed: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
favourmic:
I don't see any good example from this man call fela

Noting to be call legend with suck crazy behavior

I once had ur thought too why he was like that and because of that I hate seeing him on TV coz I think he's knot and a crazy man back in the days I was very little. D year he died is when I took my time to listen to what he was really trying to say.

Believe me op, I was surprised on his messages and the impact was massive. I nearly shed tears self. As one say, don't look at the messenger, look at his message.

6 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by mazizitonene(m): 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
free2ryhme:
Fela is a legend. [s]Those who grew up in Ikeja knows what I am talking about.

Computer village use to be the shrine back then and he refused to pay binite the owner of the place he used for many years till he died[/s]
you are talking nonsense.....

4 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fela was an enigma.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by gnykelly(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Celinenkay545:

After Fela Kuti,

Nnamdi Kane is a living Legend

chai Biafran English grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patienceyisa: I'm Tired Of Being A Virgin, Is It Biblically Right To Masturbate? / Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs / Ify Onwuemene Is Sick, Has Cancer, On The Verge Of Dying (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.