Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,158 members, 7,838,958 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) (83094 Views)

Fela Kuti Married 27 Wives And Took Them To Ghana For Honeymoon (Throwback Photo / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / Snoop Dogg Shares Fela Kuti's Photo On His Instagram Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by slimfit1(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:
I don't see any good example from this man call fela

Noting to be call legend with suck crazy behavior

It's ok to be blind but wrong to have eyes and not see. You can't see anything even with pure site.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by pweshboi(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2017
KingLander:
Fela's style is old, nowadays you confront Nigerian government by working hard and by never allowing Nigerian situation to be bring you down.
And u think he didn't work hard in his field? You think he didn't achieve during his time? And u think the Nigerian situation brought him down? No... He was persecuted by a dictator... Not Nigeria nor Nigerian problem. Tell me please what he should have done during that time better. (bear arms I guess or turn a deaf ear to the happenings around him)?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by alowonle02(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,
The nearest with such bravery or even more is Nnamdi KANU.

Tuface had the rare opportunity to write his name amongst the braves but just an encounter with the DSS made him swallow his words.
You better wake up from slumber.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Brugo(m): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2017
free2ryhme:
Fela is not a legend. Those who grew up in Ikeja knows what I am talking about.

[s]Computer village use to be the shrine back then[/s] and he refused to pay binite the owner of the place he used for many years till he died

This lie has makes the rest of your statement implausible.

Kalakuta republic was not located in the present computer village. Keep your fantasies to yourself.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by jordinsparkles(f): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2017
dckng16:
he was crtitizing d military government base on corruption, how they treat d civilians back then. I think this happened during Obasanjo's government 1970s
aeyaa......thanks for the info
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by enemyofprogress: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,

Tuface had the rare opportunity to write his name amongst the braves but just an encounter with the DSS made him swallow his words.
abeg keep quiet,which nnamdi kanu you dey talk?is it because him be your brother?

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Ola5TP: 11:54am On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:

U itself sucks! If u don't see anything in him, u probably among those gollibe waillers generation!
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Angelcute(f): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op this your English nah Kalakuta English ooo! "Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of Fela mum" angry
i think say na only me see the english
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
Brugo:

This lie has makes the rest of your statement implausible.

Kalakuta republic was not located in the present computer village. Keep your fantasies to yourself.

Kalakuta republic was in Gbemisola that is now a museum. The Shrine was at present day computer village Pepple street which house an Apostolic church that is there till today

Guy get some sense it is not something I will ever argue with you about.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by tyga123: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Nigeria na Bleep country na we are not coordinated
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by luminouz(m): 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Fela was sturborn and resilient.

No amount of flogging could break him.

He knew the truth and he stood by it.

He was a true hero. One we should emulate.
Nice words.....seemingly....
D question is......can u emulate him Or ur just a Talker/Kneeler
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Kendroid: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
Fela endured all this physical, emotional and psychological pain for his people...... while 2face ran away just cos of a mere Threat!!

Thats the difference btw a MAN and a BOY!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by talebearer123: 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
centboy123456:

hey y did u say so is it cuz he made a mistake that why u call him a illiterate are u better dan him

A Illiterate ?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by luluman: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,

KANU that ran away cos of Hausa suuya knife? Fela never ran from anybody.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by oaroloye(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
SHALOM!

Muckross1122:
This is the photo of Fela Kuti after being beaten severely by soldiers.
Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of fela mum.

R.i.p To Fela Kuti. He his a legend forever.

Check More Via Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2017/08/see-photo-of-fela-kuti-after-being.html

*Hmph!* I remember when that happened, but I had no idea of the significance at that time.

You ask: "Who is this "FELA" fella?" People reply: "Oh, he's this HEMP-SMOKING Musician, who talks against the Government!"

If he had focused more on his Message, and less on having "fun," he might have achieved something achieved more.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by luluman: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op this your English nah Kalakuta English ooo! "Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of Fela mum" angry
English na language Jor, important thing is message is passed.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by luluman: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:
English na language Jor, important thing is message is passed.Who English EPP?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by luluman: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:

But you'll see plenty Example in Ka.........n..........u
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by luluman: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:

But you'll see plenty Example in Ka.........n..........u abi?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by lukency(m): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,

Where was he when the military were in power ? The nearest to fela or even more daring ws late Gani fawehinmi.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
I'm very sorry for my bad write up, i have alot I'm thinking of yesterday when I'm writing this post. Anybody that has being in this kind of position before will understand.
It is not that I'm an illiterate or I'm not a professional blogger. My mind is just somewhere else when I'm writing this post. Sorry once again.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by eyescue(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Fela was sturborn and resilient.

No amount of flogging could break him.

He knew the truth and he stood by it.

He was a true hero. One we should emulate.
Emulate.... But not his weed
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by felix10(m): 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
After Fela na fela,after fela na fela again.No one can be compared to fela.So bold & resilient.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 1:17am On Aug 04, 2017
jayeoba92:

its obviously and so vividly that you don't have elders. i also know life is difficult for d blind .....internally blinded!! you are a poo!

Typical Fela crowd: weed smokers, school dropouts, underage prostitutes, etc...Why insult the writer instead of telling us what makes Fela a legend?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 1:22am On Aug 04, 2017
darkhorizon:

You clearly are an Ignorant person.

So, educate him. Tell us Fela's achievement besides encouraging children of the poor to stay away from school, and spreading the AIDS virus among the young prostitutes that he married.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by femi4: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2017
NovusHomo:

So, educate him. Tell us Fela's achievement besides encouraging children of the poor to stay away from school, and spreading the AIDS virus among the young prostitutes that he married.
he criticized election rigging in Nigeria

He was against the dictator Buhari then on how Nigerians were being treated with the introduction of WAI

If you want more let me know
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by kokoboy4life(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
femi4:
he criticized election rigging in Nigeria

He was against the dictator Buhari then on how Nigerians were being treated with the introduction of WAI

If you want more let me know

@femi kudos to you, next time if someone ask you what are the achievements of Great Fela Anikulapo Kuti tell him/her to go online and read about him or the person should ask the closest person to him/her.
To me I still maintain that Fela he's the greatest musician ever come out of Nigeria and arguably in Africa. Sometimes when am listening to his songs tears drop from my eye because he's more than a musician, the originality of his songs is top notch and the kind of music he plays is for mature minds. he has an exceptional talent, To me Fela is a unique human being and he can't be compare to any other musicians in Nigeria because he pioneered the kind of music that suit the common people, a man that dislike having bank account just because he can't endure looking at his fellow people dying of hunger lastly from me Baba 70 will forever be remember for all the struggles he display to liberate the common people from the evil Government we have in this country. Get below some of the greatest Fela hit songs.

1. Beast of No Nation
2. Army arrangement
3. Authority Stealing
4. Confusion break bone (CBB)
5. Overtake
6. Teacher don't teach me nonsense
7. Original Suffer head
8 suffering and smiling
9. Zombies
10. International thief thief (ITT)
11. Unknown soldier
12. Vagabonds in Power (VIP)
13. Yellow Fever
14 . Open and close
15 . ShaKara
16. Water no get enemy

FELA LIVES ON.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by KingSango(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
Fela was a Yoruba, the bloodline of Sango, Oya and Ogun, and was no coward. Nigerians are known as brave and tough Africans by Black people everywhere. Fela was exceptional. Ase.
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by favourmic(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
just2endowed:

I once had ur thought too why he was like that and because of that I hate seeing him on TV coz I think he's knot and a crazy man back in the days I was very little. D year he died is when I took my time to listen to what he was really trying to say.

Believe me op, I was surprised on his messages and the impact was massive. I nearly shed tears self. As one say, don't look at the messenger, look at his message.

Thanks for the brilliant quotes
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by peacesamuel94(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,

Pls don't compare Nnamdi kanu and fela, being bold during the military rule and in the civilian rule are two different things entirely.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by jayeoba92: 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2017
NovusHomo:

Typical Fela crowd: weed smokers, school dropouts, underage prostitutes, etc...Why insult the writer instead of telling us what makes Fela a legend?
he is a certified legend, known and accepted throughout d whole Africa even worldwide. I know u would say his lifestyle contradicted his philosophy and his ideology. however,he was a brave man,that stood against intimidating and maltreatment of d masses. he left a legacy behind!
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
jayeoba92:

he is a certified legend, known and accepted throughout d whole Africa even worldwide. I know u would say his lifestyle contradicted his philosophy and his ideology. however,he was a brave man,that stood against intimidating and maltreatment of d masses. he left a legacy behind!

There you go. That sums it all up. By the way, I never knew legends were certified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patienceyisa: I'm Tired Of Being A Virgin, Is It Biblically Right To Masturbate? / Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs / Ify Onwuemene Is Sick, Has Cancer, On The Verge Of Dying (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.