Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano (4176 Views)

Buhari Will Leave Igboland Better Infra Structurally- Femi Adesina / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by p3Ac3: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Governor Willie Obiano has vowed not to allow the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB repeat the mistake made by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB who dissuaded the people from coming out during the last national census.

Obiano who spoke during his visit to an erosion site at Odume Layout, Obosi in Idemili North Local Government Area of the state, while responding to the statement by the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu that there would be no election in the state in particular and in Southeast zone which he described as Biafra land, said:

“there is going to be an election on that day. Whoever says there will be no election is not carrying the interest of the people at heart”.

According to Obiano: “we will not repeat what happened during the national census period in the years back here in the state when those who called themselves MASSOB disrupted the exercise in Igbo land and the consequences of that disruption led to rating our population figure very low which is what we are still suffering today because we were counted less than what we are.”

The governor appealed to the electorate to vote for him on November 18, during the state gubernatorial election in the state for sustaining the good governance he inherited.

Source: BiafraSay Forum
http://biafrasay.com/p/329050/i-will-leave-igboland-if-elections-do-not-hold-in-anambra-go
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by NaoSlay: 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by NaoSlay: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
Erosion site. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by ofai: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
APGA AND PROPAGANDA. Was it today that northerners had been cheating the east on numbers? It has been there since the 50s.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by TechRev: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
writingking:
do you think Nairaland is among the best 5 forums on earth?

The worst of its kind, just like the country.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by iMUMUweh(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
shocked

we want referendum, not war

shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by wtfcoded: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Who the fvck is he? angry
Mtcheeew!
Blastin' 'PANDA' by ycee.
cool
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by fk001(m): 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
My Governor go and sleep election must hold

2 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Shelloween(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
fk001:
My Governor go and sleep election must hold
k
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Glorymax: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
November 18th is very close, may God see us through. Then we will know is leaving Igbo land and who is staying
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
He must leave our land weather he want it or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by yarimo(m): 1:04am On Aug 03, 2017
Governor OBIANO of anambra state, don't worry as long as BURATAI remains the army chief. NNAMDI Kanu is just a small and common criminal grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Advent17(m): 1:12am On Aug 03, 2017
Eletion will hold but u will fail woefully.... Our mumu don do....biafra must leave nigeria....

1 Like

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by DerideGull(m): 1:24am On Aug 03, 2017
p3Ac3:
Governor Willie Obiano has vowed not to allow the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB repeat the mistake made by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB who dissuaded the people from coming out during the last national census.

Obiano who spoke during his visit to an erosion site at Odume Layout, Obosi in Idemili North Local Government Area of the state, while responding to the statement by the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu that there would be no election in the state in particular and in Southeast zone which he described as Biafra land, said:

“there is going to be an election on that day. Whoever says there will be no election is not carrying the interest of the people at heart”.

According to Obiano: “we will not repeat what happened during the national census period in the years back here in the state when those who called themselves MASSOB disrupted the exercise in Igbo land and the consequences of that disruption led to rating our population figure very low which is what we are still suffering today because we were counted less than what we are.”

The governor appealed to the electorate to vote for him on November 18, during the state gubernatorial election in the state for sustaining the good governance he inherited.

Source: BiafraSay Forum
http://biafrasay.com/p/329050/i-will-leave-igboland-if-elections-do-not-hold-in-anambra-go

Anybody with this stream of thought should not be allowed to stay in Igbo land. Sometimes moronic goons such as Obiano should be humbled by the people of Anambra State by boycotting the scrupulous and fraudulent elections conducted in Nigeria. Ndigbo are no longer interested in the colonial project called Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by brainpower(m): 3:26am On Aug 03, 2017
I still don't understand how elections not holding in Anambra will help biafra. Yes, it will help Nnamdi Kanu but not in the interest of the Igbos.

The problem is that we don't learn from history and Kanu is taking advantage of the hunger, poverty and ignorance in the land to gain popularity.

The So called Biafra land that currently can't mention one thing that the country is depending on them to make revenue.
No seaport, no major airport, no major factory and even the car company in Anambra, they are not even patronizing.

If we eventually breakup, how will we sustain ourselves atleast for the first few years?

3 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by ofai: 3:30am On Aug 03, 2017
brainpower:
I still don't understand how elections not holding in Anambra will help biafra. Yes, it will help Nnamdi Kanu but not in the interest of the Igbos.

The problem is that we don't learn from history and Kanu is taking advantage of the hunger, poverty and ignorance in the land to gain popularity.

The So called Biafra land that currently can't mention one thing that the country is depending on them to make revenue.
No seaport, no major airport, no major factory and even the car company in Anambra, they are not even patronizing.

If we eventually breakup, how will we sustain ourselves atleast for the first few years?

It is quite saddening that young igbos like you (if you are one) still reasons like this.

Wait for government to give you a port, an airport and roads of credible repute.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Presidiotbuhari: 3:39am On Aug 03, 2017
brainpower:

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by brainpower(m): 3:59am On Aug 03, 2017
ofai:

It is quite saddening that young igbos like you (if you are one) still reasons like this.

Wait for government to give you a port, an airport and roads of credible repute.

My brother, I believe you didn't understand me or I didn't really make myself clear. I come from one of the regions Kanu is claiming to be Biafra and I'm only trying to be neutral enough.
My point is, we should come back to our region and develop it ourselves first, hold our leaders accountable, educate ourselves on the advantages and disadvantages of pulling out and gradually pull out. The major reason the Nigerian govt is still adamant about one Nigeria because they are including Rivers, Akwa ibom, Delta and bayelsa to Biafra not because they love the igbos so much and would miss them.
I made mention of innoson vehicle company but you didn't see it, why aren't we patronizing him? How many of the vehicles in Nnmadi kanu's convoy are IVM vehicles?

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by gberra: 4:14am On Aug 03, 2017
NaoSlay:
Erosion site. grin
grin
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by gberra: 4:16am On Aug 03, 2017
Nawa o. Market no gree sell, sotey dem carry biafrasay forum enter Nairaland cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by mirabel001(f): 4:16am On Aug 03, 2017
Who u EPP?

1 Like

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by vital: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Who the census help.After they must have partaken in the census,then what happened?They partake in the census and gain much allocations.What result do they achieve with it.BANZA
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by jay2pee(m): 6:49am On Aug 03, 2017
His stay in Anambra as a governor has no significant impact, same with when he leaves... He should leave already
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Malawian(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2017
these guys are probably planning on importing voters. ok. when IPOB do sit at home in all SE SS, let's see how to will move on that day.

1 Like

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Dalecoin: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2017
Sure
Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2017
We don't care if he leaves as long as he doesn't think of coming to the SW. He can relocate to the north no one gives a Bleep.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by obailala(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2017
ofai:
APGA AND PROPAGANDA. Was it today that northerners had been cheating the east on numbers? It has been there since the 50s.

How did northerners cheat the east?.... Just like in every other national issue, the so called illiterate northerners have a better understanding of the dynamics of Nigerian politics, they understand the importance of numbers and unity, hence they scheme together and manipulate things to increase their numbers.

But what do we get in the highly educated south east?... Firstly, half of the south eastern population is counted outside the zone and the numbers added to other zones.

Then to make matters worse, some group of cretins in massob come up with a campaign that people in the SE shouldn't allow themselves to be counted because it is a 'Nigerian' census. Result is that the south east's population is severely underestimated, and that consequently results in reduced allocations for the zone. And then we run around shouting 'marginalisation'. Right now Ipob is following the exact same path... And we keep on wailing about how the north is cheating...

5 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by nonsobaba: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Misleading topic. Another propaganda from bitter and illiterate wawa and abakaliki Ipods who have been unsettled by the attitude of anambra indigenes towards their insane agitation. Nowhere in the body of the report did Obiano say he would leave igboland if the election don't hold. The election will witness massive turn out of anambra indigenes and Obiano's second term is assured.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by ofai: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2017
obailala:
How did northerners cheat the east?.... Just like in every other national issue, the so called illiterate northerners have a better understanding of the dynamics of Nigerian politics, they understand the importance of numbers and unity, hence they scheme together and manipulate things to increase their numbers.

But what do we get in the highly educated south east?... Firstly, half of the south eastern population is counted outside the zone and the numbers added to other zones.

Then to make matters worse, some group of cretins in massob come up with a campaign that people in the SE shouldn't allow themselves to be counted because it is a 'Nigerian' census. Result is that the south east's population is severely underestimated, and that consequently results in reduced allocations for the zone. And then we run around shouting 'marginalisation'. Right now Ipob is following the exact same path... And we keep on wailing about how the north is cheating...

You don't bring a matter and then judge it all by yourself.

Census since the 50s has always favoured the North because the colonial masters wanted it that way in order to make the north relevant in the Nigerian project.

The so-called understanding of the north on politics is simple- the power of unity in sheer numbers, not because any political dexterity​ of any sort.

The south east has never been united like the north.

Uwazurikes Massob should not be blamed because the census has been structured in a way to favour the north from the onset. The excuse APGA is giving is mere propaganda.

1 Like

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by Kentvilla: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2017
Sir I can fund your relocation to Gwoza or Chibok, contact me.

1 Like

Re: I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano by obailala(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2017
ofai:

You don't bring a matter and then judge it all by yourself.

Census since the 50s has always favoured the North because the colonial masters wanted it that way in order to make the north relevant in the Nigerian project.

The so-called understanding of the north on politics is simple- the power of unity in sheer numbers, not because any political dexterity​ of any sort.

The south east has never been united like the north.

Uwazurikes Massob should not be blamed because the census has been structured in a way to favour the north from the onset. The excuse APGA is giving is mere propaganda.
The point I made was, if we all know the north already gains more advantage in things like population census (either through hook or crook), the sensible thing to do would have been to smartly develop ideas which will help to capture not just the full south eastern population, but also inflate it if possible. But instead what did we get?.... Uwazuruike's massob asked and intimidated people to boycott elections because south easterners shouldn't be regarded/counted as Nigerians, but Biafrans. That's an act of shooting yourself on the forehead and you think massob got that one right?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Climate Change: Buhari Seeks Sustained Support From International Community / One Of The Protesters In Jalingo Looted City Sign Post - Photo / Senate Shifts Meeting With Service Chiefs, IGP To Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.