Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo (361 Views)

Ex-igp, Suleiman Abba Rains Curses On APC Leaders After Losing Senatorial Ticket / Olusegun Obasanjo Strongly Criticise Leaders After Him / Anti-igbo Threat: Police Fail To Arrest Arewa Youth Leaders After El-rufai Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by KenHudson(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Wednesday highlighted some of the reasons why all Nigeria leaders after his administration were unable to increase power generation capacity from where he left it 10 years ago.
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo
Speaking at the book launch in Lagos titled, ‘Making Africa Work’, which he co-author with Director of Brenthurst Foundation, Dr. Greg Mills; President of NEWSEUM, Dr. Jeffrey Herbst and Major General (rtd), Dickie Davis, Obasanjo said that lack of good leadership, continuity in governance and financial constrain responsible for the diminishing status of power generation in the country.
Obasanjo explained that during his administration, they came up with an agenda called ‘NEEDS’ which is National Economic Empowerment Strategy.
“The idea is that we would have something that will lead us in every aspect of governance and we make Federal, States and Local governments buy into it.
“The idea is that we would have something that will lead us in every aspect of governance and we make Federal, States and Local governments buy into it.
“When we were planning it, we went round the country sample people’s opinion and consult traditional leaders. The incoming administration after us was not left out in it and during my administration we implement the first phase of NEEDS and it was supposed to be continuity.
“But to my surprise, the administration that succeeded our tenure which campaign on the basis of continuity fail us.
“When they assume office, the first statement they make on energy was that in four years they will generate 30,000 megawatts of electricity. That time the highest we generate was 4,000 megawatts.
“I was shocked, in four years how will they do it? I quickly send someone to educate him because as at that time we are in the process of generating 10,000 megawatts.
“It is regrettable that the administration that succeeded us did not even generate up to 3,750 megawatts that we were able to generate before we left.

Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by Taeewo(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2017
CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by aolawale025: 9:54am On Aug 03, 2017
Yar Adua rolled back all OBJs progress on power
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by Young03(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Onye oshi
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by yarimo(m): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2017
You are right mr OBASANJO, GEJ is the worst leader after you. undecided
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by limeta(f): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2017
You failed Mr man
You layed a faulty foundation period.
Yr greed and fear of Hausa fulani is why we here today
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by Judicible(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2017
It seems get is your nightmare
yarimo:
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by Judicible(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2017
I including behavior. But why OBJ come dey talk for media everyday. Is it because election is getting closer
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by Nbote(m): 10:23am On Aug 03, 2017
yarimo:

There is no doubt now what high class slowpoke U are... No need trying to reason with a goat
Re: Leaders After Me Were Unable To Improve Power Generation_obasanjo by Sagay212: 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
This old man should be in jail.

(1) (Reply)

Who Did This To Us? / H.E. @atiku Received In Audience A Delegation Of NANS Led By Its President / Fayemi Not Cleared By Panel In Alleged N852.9m Theft, Says Subeb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.